All Categories

New Champions

New Champions

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
May 17, 2023, 18:1705/17/23
03/09/19

New Champions

In my opinion this is the worst 'improvement' that has been introduced. There are a great many players, myself included, who will not be able to obtain one of the new champions in less than 9 to 12 months, if ever. I am certain that fragments will be available in special packs but I am not in a position to buy what I believe will be expensive items. The fact that the new champions are appearing in Moon Quest - Champion Quests already means some of these quests are unavailable, thereby reducing my chances of completing the section. The only reason I am not quitting the game (now more of a chore) is that I do not want to let down my fellow league members. However, that decision is still very much in the balance.

Views
Comments
Comments
OlenkaAdmin
May 18, 2023, 14:4705/18/23
10/31/22

I can totally understand your feelings, my Lord, and I can assure you that the team is working on fixing the Moon and Champion Quests so that new Champions appear there after some time, but not once introduced. We know that everyone anticipates the fix, and we will inform you as soon as it's done. 

Being very powerful, new Champions is not an easy goal to reach, that's true. However, if you actively participate in Eir's Labors and earn enough League Gold, collecting particles may take you less time. 

Introducing new Champions' Fragments into in-game offers and packs is not planned by the team in the nearest future. 

May 19, 2023, 22:5605/19/23
May 19, 2023, 23:08(edited)
08/23/15

Also a question since info posted on the new champs was very thin:

Are they simple, one of a kind, or do we also get different fragments of bonds for grey, green, blue, purple and orange?

BiohazarDModerator
May 22, 2023, 09:4205/22/23
May 22, 2023, 14:37(edited)
10/04/13

It'll be fun to see how this turns out in a year if plarium really stick to their promise not to sell fragment champs in packages though.  Gonna be some mega coiners raging that they got unlucky with drop rng and didn't get the good one when some rando did  XD  

The offense one provides such a huge bonus that attacking anything big without it is basically just wasting your troops when you might eventually get it.  

May 22, 2023, 13:1905/22/23
May 22, 2023, 14:40(edited)
07/22/19

Don't get me wrong, I very much welcome the news that the new champs will not be Pay to Win.

I think that will keep more people in the game. It if goes pay to win for me it would likely be the final staw. I have talked to many others that who feel the same.

But it's still not a great solution. Random luck isn't a huge amount better than pay to win.

Played for 9 years, blood sweat and toil to build an army. Now there is an update that can multiple your offense by 134%. So one single update adds almost more bonus to troops than the entirety of everything I did previously added together (I saw almost because the original champs can add 248%, so there is one thing that is bigger).

That incredible game changing bonus won't be given out as a reward for hard work or application of skill knowledge and experience.

No - it will simply be bestowed upon people based on random luck. The lucky will get the "right" champ on their first drop. The most unluckly will be openning bonds for years to come.

So the success or failure in the game will largely boil simply to luck. What a horrible thing to do to s STRATEGY wargame. It makes no sense, undermines the whole game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The boring maths in summary (in full in next post):

Chance of getting Tier V FoeHammer each bond applied 1 in 16. That is 1 in 4 chance to get Tier V and then 1 in 4 chance you will get the FoeHammer. That means:

- 6% of people will be the lucky few who get the champ on the first bond, in 4 months time.

- 36% of people won't get drop in 16 bonds, in 4 years time

- 20% of people won't get the drop in 25 bonds in over 7 yrs time

And that is the problem with random drops. The distribution of results is become exponentially wider the more rarer the drop is. 1 in 16 isn't actually that rare but the distribution still becomes extreme. So we get:

- 1% of people still don't have the drop in 72 bonds, in 20 years time

- 16 in 10,000 will have no drop after 100 bonds, in 28 years time

May 22, 2023, 13:2005/22/23
May 22, 2023, 13:33(edited)
07/22/19

The Boring Maths in Full

i

i

i

i

The above is not too difficult to calculate or contentious (but do let me know if you think I have made a mistake in the maths).

- Change of successful drop is 1 in 16 or 6.25%

- Chance of a failue is "1 - Successful Drop Chance", or 15 in 16 or 93.75%

- So the chance of not having the bond in 2 drops is 15/16 times 15/16. And the chance of 3 failures is 15/16 times 15/16 times 15/16 i.e. 15/16 to the power of number of bonds openned

- The chance of getting one on by your x'th drop is simply "1 - chance of not having one"

- You can times those %'s by 10,000 to calculate the number of people with or without drops

MicModerator
May 22, 2023, 14:3805/22/23
02/22/19
DeGrootsteOnzin

Also a question since info posted on the new champs was very thin:

Are they simple, one of a kind, or do we also get different fragments of bonds for grey, green, blue, purple and orange?

Hello DeGrootsteOnzin ,

those new fragmentary bonds are like holy bonds , give grade IV  or grade V .

I wish you a great day !

i

May 22, 2023, 20:1505/22/23
07/17/21

Why not give people a chance to get lower grade champs for 1 fragment?

MicModerator
May 23, 2023, 10:0805/23/23
02/22/19
Lazarus

Hello Lazarus ,

I guess because this new champions are very powerful๐Ÿ˜Ž

May 24, 2023, 03:0505/24/23
07/17/21
Mic

Hello Lazarus ,

I guess because this new champions are very powerful๐Ÿ˜Ž

So what? Lower tier will be less powerful and even at one fragment cost are expensive. At least they will be in play before 4 moths from now.

MicModerator
May 24, 2023, 09:3805/24/23
02/22/19

Lazarus   ''So what ? ''  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I remind you nobody knows the plans of the devs , and what they will do  in the future , 

i said my opinion , you said your , and so what... Have a nice day ๐Ÿ‘ป

May 24, 2023, 11:2005/24/23
02/22/16
Lazarus

Because  that's not  how the  feature was  designed is  these Items are not  meant  to be  easy to obtain so  they are  worth the hard  work it takes to get them.

And  it  justifies the  awesome  power they add when the  player  gets them.

May 24, 2023, 17:5205/24/23
11/12/16

I wouldn't call sitting pretty doing nothing during Beacons event a hard work. Will work for leagues with beacons, yes, including mine, and not for anybody else. But I guess "they can get level 5 beacons" will be a reply... Not realistic, but it is their problem, right?

The game separates "haves" and "have nos" more and more - not good for attracting new players or keeping the ones that joined a year or two ago.. they are dropping like flies.

MicModerator
May 25, 2023, 10:1505/25/23
02/22/19
Vera

I wouldn't call sitting pretty doing nothing during Beacons event a hard work. Will work for leagues with beacons, yes, including mine, and not for anybody else. But I guess "they can get level 5 beacons" will be a reply... Not realistic, but it is their problem, right?

The game separates "haves" and "have nos" more and more - not good for attracting new players or keeping the ones that joined a year or two ago.. they are dropping like flies.

Hello Lord Vera  ,

I still think this game is better to play it in a big team league ,  stronger is the league = more fun , rewards and satisfactions ! So at the end , yes , i think is just '' their problem ''  ( like you said ) , if they chose to play in a league with 10 members or alone ๐Ÿ˜Ž

May 25, 2023, 18:5205/25/23
11/12/16
Mic

Hello Lord Vera  ,

I still think this game is better to play it in a big team league ,  stronger is the league = more fun , rewards and satisfactions ! So at the end , yes , i think is just '' their problem ''  ( like you said ) , if they chose to play in a league with 10 members or alone ๐Ÿ˜Ž

There are always people who are into solo or casual playing in small leagues. It was not exactly the point of my post... I do remember times when Top 25 were very strong, full membership leagues and Top 50 were very decent. I think you are familiar with the current picture. "Middle class" in Stormfall vanished. The same principle apply to games as to RL life: no middle class - economy is in trouble. Constant pumping up rewards for top 5%-10% increases the gap and makes the situation worse overall.

BiohazarDModerator
May 25, 2023, 23:5805/25/23
10/04/13
Vera

There are always people who are into solo or casual playing in small leagues. It was not exactly the point of my post... I do remember times when Top 25 were very strong, full membership leagues and Top 50 were very decent. I think you are familiar with the current picture. "Middle class" in Stormfall vanished. The same principle apply to games as to RL life: no middle class - economy is in trouble. Constant pumping up rewards for top 5%-10% increases the gap and makes the situation worse overall.

It's a team based strategy/war game, you wouldn't run into a war alone expecting to win would you?  I know some people don't want to join a league, but they just have to accept that they won't be able to experience all the features of the game as quickly or easily playing alone.  I believe you can still earn gold if you're not in a league by doing the eir quests, it just takes longer.  

BiohazarDModerator
May 26, 2023, 00:0205/26/23
10/04/13
Vera

There are plenty of unowned beacons, all you have to do is get a group together and build some defense, then take one.  Sure it takes a bit of time and effort but it's not that difficult.  

MicModerator
May 26, 2023, 07:1605/26/23
02/22/19
Vera

Lets not envolve the '' principle '' from RL ,

This is a game and remain a game , the RL is real life and remain real life .point.

Was or not your point , you said that , so is not my business where you chose to play alone or with your 5 alts...

I earned a lot of great rewards , and get a lot of achievements doing team work , in a big active league , where people want to have fun and earn good rewards in eevents / tournaments !

And like in all the games  there are good and bad moments ,and depends just by single player where would like to play !

We can stay here more time to argue with this topic but is useless we can express our feedbacks , suggestions and thats it, the team will value them and they will take the final decision !

I wish you a gorgeous day !

May 26, 2023, 16:3005/26/23
07/22/19

There is a difficult game design problem here.

When people are successful in an activity they expect some kind of reward, especially in this kind of game when the activity is quite often a long grind as it not that much fun in itself.

And we want league based activities because having to work as a team is more difficult and complicated so it makes for more interesting gameplay.

But if the best teams get the biggest rewards you run the risk of an ever increasing gap between teams that will always expand and not close.

If you make no benefit, there is little motiviation/reward for playing. Too much and the game runs the risk of getting unbalanced. Really difficult conumdrum to solve.

In this particular circumstance you can get most of the gold by holding a single beacon. That is not beyond the realms of reasonableness for any half decent individual player, let alone a team of 150/160 people. If the event was scaled significantly to reward holding a lot of beacons then I think the critism would hold but it's realisitc for everyone

BiohazarDModerator
Jun 5, 2023, 05:0306/05/23
10/04/13
Hideous Nightmare

There is a difficult game design problem here.

When people are successful in an activity they expect some kind of reward, especially in this kind of game when the activity is quite often a long grind as it not that much fun in itself.

And we want league based activities because having to work as a team is more difficult and complicated so it makes for more interesting gameplay.

But if the best teams get the biggest rewards you run the risk of an ever increasing gap between teams that will always expand and not close.

If you make no benefit, there is little motiviation/reward for playing. Too much and the game runs the risk of getting unbalanced. Really difficult conumdrum to solve.

In this particular circumstance you can get most of the gold by holding a single beacon. That is not beyond the realms of reasonableness for any half decent individual player, let alone a team of 150/160 people. If the event was scaled significantly to reward holding a lot of beacons then I think the critism would hold but it's realisitc for everyone

Yep, working together is always going to have better rewards than going solo otherwise people wouldn't bother to do it and everyone would just sit in their own castle playing farmville.  I'm not sure what the exact scaling was, but I think leagues with 1 beacon got like 60-80 gold. 

Jun 6, 2023, 14:1006/06/23
Jun 6, 2023, 14:14(edited)
12/13/14

80 league silver and 40 league gold from winning brawls in the diamond tier,  plus hundreds of league gold from defending beacons during the pathetic event will do more to upset game balance than any other new feature ever did.

I wait to see how all this can be turned into profit for plarium ... what is their secret long-term plan for this new currency?  They always have ulterior motives.

"Introducing new Champions' Fragments into in-game offers and packs is not planned by the team in the nearest future.  "

Nearest future?     This game does not have a future,  not for normal leagues anyway