All Categories

Clunky controls.

Clunky controls.

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Feb 3, 2023, 14:3402/03/23
08/28/22

Clunky controls.

Just started playing last night. I've had issues with combat and picking stuff up constantly. I'm on PC.

Namely, while in combat and swinging at a target, it will occasionally RUN to a nearby lootable (either a corpse, collection bag, plant, rock, or tree), and start looting or swinging at it while i'm trying to attack a creature. Getting hit the whole time. Thanks very much for that btw. No settings to control this error wirh.

Then there's the option to attack stuff (Melee and Ranged), has to be done at straight on angles, most of the time. You can't attack any target from anywhere in a 360 degree field, because your not lined up with the target to actually swing at it.. BUT IT CAN ATTACK YOU. Thanks very much for that too. This little bug, is also present while trying to loot / pick up stuff.

One other thing, looting stuff has to be done at right angles or directly in line with it. Not everyone playing on PC has a gamepad controller to use, for the button to click on. Most of us use the actual mouse. So you folks need to fix the mouse controll issues regarding it, via this game.

And to top that off, there's no help from the very beginning of the game, telling you what to do, how to do it, or anything along those lines. You just jump right into the game without so much as even a tutorial.

You folks at plarium need to address these issues if you want more players, rather than just starting up a game with a obvious cash grab at this or that. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 3, 2023, 15:1902/03/23
Feb 3, 2023, 15:21(edited)
08/28/22

Most of these problems wouldn't exist, if you folks got rid of the AUTO TARGETTING from Directional Facing. It kind of defeats the purpose of point and click, when that problem caused by it, makes us run away and loot something in the middle of combat.

For example. I just attacked a frog, that was under the top of a tree. And it decided that instead of trying to attack it, it wanted to go chop the tree itself. Running me to it, getting hit, and getting more curse because of it. Yet, the tree has a circular icon at its base (By which its actually targetted), not the top of the tree. By which to actually chop it with. Fix your targetting issue, or give us the means to TURN THAT CRAP OFF.

MicModerator
Feb 4, 2023, 20:0902/04/23
02/22/19
Baelorn

Most of these problems wouldn't exist, if you folks got rid of the AUTO TARGETTING from Directional Facing. It kind of defeats the purpose of point and click, when that problem caused by it, makes us run away and loot something in the middle of combat.

For example. I just attacked a frog, that was under the top of a tree. And it decided that instead of trying to attack it, it wanted to go chop the tree itself. Running me to it, getting hit, and getting more curse because of it. Yet, the tree has a circular icon at its base (By which its actually targetted), not the top of the tree. By which to actually chop it with. Fix your targetting issue, or give us the means to TURN THAT CRAP OFF.

Hello Baelorn , 

sorry to ask , but... about what game are you talking ?

Feb 5, 2023, 20:2902/05/23
Feb 6, 2023, 01:08(edited)
02/22/16
Mic

Hello Baelorn , 

sorry to ask , but... about what game are you talking ?

I know  right!  I think you have the  wrong Forum I think your forum is on Discord 

I'm betting your Game is Stormfall The Saga of Survival.

This is the forum for Stormfall the  Age of  War 

Your  forum is on discord try this link  https://discord.gg/s8YkkbA2

MicModerator
Feb 5, 2023, 22:0902/05/23
02/22/19

Thanks Wesley  🤗

Feb 6, 2023, 01:1102/06/23
02/22/16
Mic

Thanks Wesley  🤗

It's all good Mate