All Categories

On strike for free hunt

On strike for free hunt

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jul 5, 2019, 14:4407/05/19
09/11/15

On strike for free hunt

Congratulations to the tight-fisted gnomes that run plarium to allow free hunts and those lovely $5 brawl packages. They have made the brawls enjoyable and very popular.  They may have decided that they  have us hooked enough on the hunts that we will pay for the $10 hunt package. Unfortunately for players that have multiple castles this would turn into major weekly expenses, that in my opinion are not warranted for a game that will likely disappear in about a year. I am happy to spend money on the $5 brawl packs, as they represent good value.  However we need free hunts to make the investment worthwhile.  Until we get our next free hunt, I will not be spending a single penny!  Hope one of Plaium's gnomes reads this :)
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 6, 2019, 04:1307/06/19
Jul 6, 2019, 04:13(edited)
06/29/19

Someone like DJ moody could probably correct me.

The game is still p2w, it was when I was a mod, but, based on what I've seen since I've returned, it's a hell of a lot better than it was, and I think the state of the forums reflect it compared to 2-3 years ago. 

I don't really have an addictive personality, so a lot of the methods used in the games don't work on me, but, with that said I can still empathize and understand this perspective. But, in my honest opinion, hunts aren't worth spending on anyway, they feel like a passive thing that you kinda just do to make yourself a bit stronger.

Idk, not defending capitalism, but, for Plarium specifically, my opinion is they're improving and becoming more customer oriented based on what I have seen so far. Granted, I have only been back a few weeks, and there is still a lot of things that have changed that I haven't fully experienced properly yet. 

I'm not sure if the 'people who have multiple castles' is you referring to yourself in 3rd person, but, just be careful because it is against TOS

As for the $5 price tag to $10, Plarium probably uses a company like scientific revenue https://www.scientificrevenue.com/ who focus on 'dyanmic pricing' which basically means, if you buy stuff, they raise the prices to get a bit more out of you, and if you don't, they lower the prices to get you to buy again. Think of it what you will but you probably just need to wait a week or 2 for the prices to drop back down.

Jul 6, 2019, 12:2207/06/19
Jul 6, 2019, 12:32(edited)
02/22/16

Mehnslayer said:

I'm not sure if the 'people who have multiple castles' is you referring to yourself in 3rd person, but, just be careful because it is against TOS

While having Multi accounts is not permitted on the facebook version of Stormfall as multi facebook accounts are not permitted. However if you are playing the Plarium.com based servers multi accounts are now permitted because they are not necessarily link to Facebook they Can be from separate E-mail accounts

And to the post creator  as for free hunts I'm sure we will again see free hunts in the future and as far as waiting for one that's completely within your rights but as a business plarium would be foolish to hand out a free hunt item every week. 

To purchase or not is up to you  as I'm sure some will choose to wait while others will continue to purchase to gain that much more of an advantage over those who don't.

Jul 6, 2019, 12:3207/06/19
06/29/19
Interesting, when was this change made, that was like 1 hard-line rule (even tho it was basically never enforced) previously. Was probably the 1 thing I would of thought wouldn't have changed.
Jul 6, 2019, 12:3707/06/19
02/22/16

Mehnslayer said:

Interesting, when was this change made, that was like 1 hard-line rule (even tho it was basically never enforced) previously. Was probably the 1 thing I would of thought wouldn't have changed.

over a year ago (Note this as I said before ) Facebook app Stormfall still allows only one account because that's a part of Facebook's TOS and games using facebook apps must comply to Facebooks TOS  but Plarium.com's Servers allow more than one account (it was a surprise to me when I found out also )

Jul 7, 2019, 15:1707/07/19
Jul 7, 2019, 15:30(edited)
11/04/15

I refuse to use the hunt until they fix the bug

https://prnt.sc/npqskr

Level 13 Champions should be attacking level 7 undead, not level 6

Half the champion's level, rounded UP not down

They told us on facebook it is not a bug ... but that makes no sense
We can score a lot more points by doing it manually, it just takes a bit of effort :)

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jul 9, 2019, 12:1607/09/19
05/21/19

Inigo Montoya said:

We can score a lot more points by doing it manually, it just takes a bit of effort :)

Hello, Inigo!

Yes, you were told right. It's not a bug.

If you want to score more points, you can always send your Champions manually 

Jul 9, 2019, 18:1407/09/19
Jul 9, 2019, 20:08(edited)
11/04/15

Alina said:

Inigo Montoya said:

Hello, Inigo!

So they are deliberately sending half of our champions to attack the WRONG undead?

Doesn't make much sense, does it .... especially when many players are spending real money to buy this item

The instructions seem clear enough

When considering what Undead Level will be suitable for your Champion, follow this rule of thumb:

Suitable Undead Level = Champion Level divided by 2 (round up if necessary)

https://prnt.sc/ocsca3

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jul 12, 2019, 15:1907/12/19
05/21/19

Inigo Montoya said:

Alina said:

Inigo Montoya said:

Hello, Inigo!

So they are deliberately sending half of our champions to attack the WRONG undead?

Doesn't make much sense, does it .... especially when many players are spending real money to buy this item

When considering what Undead Level will be suitable for your Champion, follow this rule of thumb:

Hello, Inigo!

What you see on the screenshot is just a recommendation. You can either send your Champions automatically or manually. So, it's really up to you.

Good luck on the battlefield! 

Jul 13, 2019, 01:4507/13/19
Jul 13, 2019, 06:07(edited)

Alina said:

Inigo Montoya said:

Alina said:

Inigo Montoya said:

Hello, Inigo!

Hello, Inigo!

What you see on the screenshot is just a recommendation. You can either send your Champions automatically or manually. So, it's really up to you.

Hi Alina,

I'd rather bash the keyboard over my head than do champs manually. Yes, they are that boring. No, I'm not "buying" the hunt packs for obvious reasons... well obvious to players anyway. It makes one want to log out of the game for a long time.... Free 1 week hunts is the only thing keeping me interested in them. I'm not alone on this matter.

BiohazarDModerator
Jul 15, 2019, 13:4107/15/19
10/04/13
Zufbar said:

Alina said:

Inigo Montoya said:

Alina said:

Inigo Montoya said:

Hello, Inigo!

Hello, Inigo!

Hi Alina,

I'd rather bash the keyboard over my head than do champs manually. Yes, they are that boring. No, I'm not "buying" the hunt packs for obvious reasons... well obvious to players anyway. It makes one want to log out of the game for a long time.... Free 1 week hunts is the only thing keeping me interested in them. I'm not alone on this matter.

Back before they nerfed the rewards for leveling up champs to where it's not profitable I didn't mind doing them manually.  I'd just put on a good movie and kind of zone out for a few hours.  But yeah, now that it costs you more gems than you get back to upgrade them I can't see anybody doing it manually. 
BiohazarDModerator
Jul 15, 2019, 13:4407/15/19
Jul 15, 2019, 13:44(edited)
10/04/13
Alina said:

Inigo Montoya said:

Alina said:

Inigo Montoya said:

Hello, Inigo!

Hello, Inigo!

It should really be round down not up, idk why plarium made that decision.  Feels like like it was done on purpose to waste peoples gems (since attacking an undead that your champion can't kill in one hit makes the process far less efficient) although it was probably just lack of planning. 
Jul 18, 2019, 17:3107/18/19
Jul 18, 2019, 17:46(edited)
11/04/15

BiohazarD said:

Alina said:

Inigo Montoya said:

Alina said:

Inigo Montoya said:

It should really be round down not up, idk why plarium made that decision.  Feels like like it was done on purpose to waste peoples gems (since attacking an undead that your champion can't kill in one hit makes the process far less efficient) although it was probably just lack of planning. 

I think you misunderstood

There is never any danger of failing to kill undead

It only needs to be rounded up when the Hunt is sending champions that are too strong to hit the weak undead - https://prnt.sc/npqskr

"Level 13 Champions should be attacking level 7 undead, not level 6"

The Hunt could be costing us thousands of Champ XP points, especially when we use boosts

Jul 25, 2019, 08:3707/25/19
07/10/14

It would nice to get some more free hunts. Taking the grind out will always be appreciated by players. Would love to get some more.

I assumed Plarium had been quite cute with he hunt items. After the emerald reward nerf, training champ became something that cost money as it used up emeralds. Giving people free hunt items was ultimately going to get them to use up emeralds and entice them to buy packages.

It may be with the brawl, they are giving away too many free recharges and so have flipped the business model to making money out of the hunt items themselves, rather than using them as a way to push emerald purchases.

As things to coin go, they aren't the worse for game balance, as players still have the option to train manually so it's possible to overcome the advantage people gain from buying hunt items by just putting in more time and effort.
BiohazarDModerator
Jul 28, 2019, 17:3907/28/19
10/04/13
djmoody said:

It would nice to get some more free hunts. Taking the grind out will always be appreciated by players. Would love to get some more.

I assumed Plarium had been quite cute with he hunt items. After the emerald reward nerf, training champ became something that cost money as it used up emeralds. Giving people free hunt items was ultimately going to get them to use up emeralds and entice them to buy packages.

It may be with the brawl, they are giving away too many free recharges and so have flipped the business model to making money out of the hunt items themselves, rather than using them as a way to push emerald purchases.

As things to coin go, they aren't the worse for game balance, as players still have the option to train manually so it's possible to overcome the advantage people gain from buying hunt items by just putting in more time and effort.
That's a lot of time to put in to avoid buying a $10 item, but at least it gives people the option I suppose.  
Jul 29, 2019, 11:1907/29/19
07/29/19

Mehnslayer said:

Interesting enough, The ToU were changed amidst an expose that would have seen the then largest league totally banned from the game. So its hypothetical why they changed the rules. Not that it matters because even you Mehnslayer were quoted in the expose. 

Then again. Its Plarium's rules