All Categories

Champions

Champions

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
May 28, 2019, 21:2105/28/19
04/16/18

Champions

Opened 30 Epic Summoning Bond in a row - not even one Grade IV champion!!!
Sometimes greed makes the game look very stupid and repulsive!

Views
Comments
Comments
May 28, 2019, 21:2405/28/19
02/22/16
What can I say Mate I have the same results  I don't like it either !
BiohazarDModerator
May 29, 2019, 05:3405/29/19
10/04/13
Wesley Pringle said:

What can I say Mate I have the same results  I don't like it either !
Yeah, I had 10 greens in a row from epic bonds a few days ago, not very epic lol. 
May 29, 2019, 16:2905/29/19
May 29, 2019, 16:30(edited)
07/10/14

As per the mobile app info there is a 1 in 4 chance of getting a Grade V (this matches the anecdotal evidence of drop rates people have shared - it's good info you can trust).

Below is the chance of not getting a Grade V on each successive opening.

The chance of not getting a Grade V in 30 holy bonds is 1 to 5,600 against (the % chances get so small at the end of the table I converted them to the 1 in x chance which is easier to conceptualise).

This means you were very unlucky. 

On the face of it it looks unfeasibly unlucky. I wouldn't blame you for tending towards conspiracy theories that they are rigged or that it was intentional to make you spend more. It won't be any of those things. It's just probability.

The problem is, whilst this was highly unlikely to happen to an individual, when you consider that thousands of people play Plarium games it was actually highly probably that 1 person would experience your level of bad luck. The maths in fact is that if 5,600 people open 30 holy bonds then statistically on average one of them will have your luck. So this is in fact bound to happen to someone, it's a very undesirable side effect of random loot boxes.

Btw just under 2 people in 100 will not only get a Grade V on their first box but get the specific one they are afte (1 in 4 for the Grade V, 1 in 14 for specific champ = 1 in 56 chance)..

I hope someone a heart at Plarium will see this and sort something out for you. It's not meant to go down the way it has for you (even they don't want this to happen to you).

May 29, 2019, 16:4005/29/19
May 29, 2019, 16:42(edited)
07/10/14

PS if anyone was wondering.

To get the Champ of your choosing e.g. you want to get a beacon offence champ on an offence account will cost you on average £1,679.

- 1 in 56 chance of getting the one you want

- So on average 56 bonds needed

- Current offers in sterling are £29.99 for 1 holy bond

Approx a 1/3rd of people won't get the drop they want within 56 tries and 2/3rd will get it quicker than the average. 

As noted before 2 in 100 lucky people will get it on their very first box. Just over 13% of people won't get the one they want in over 112 boxes (twice the normal drop rate) and 1.7% won't get it in 236 boxes (4 times the normal drop rate).

(PS all the above assume that the different champs drop at an even 1 in 14 rate and that the chance/probability isn't skewed towards useless ones such as the resource ones - which personally I don't think they are)

BiohazarDModerator
May 30, 2019, 18:2205/30/19
10/04/13
djmoody said:

PS if anyone was wondering.

To get the Champ of your choosing e.g. you want to get a beacon offence champ on an offence account will cost you on average £1,679.

- 1 in 56 chance of getting the one you want

- So on average 56 bonds needed

- Current offers in sterling are £29.99 for 1 holy bond

Approx a 1/3rd of people won't get the drop they want within 56 tries and 2/3rd will get it quicker than the average. 

As noted before 2 in 100 lucky people will get it on their very first box. Just over 13% of people won't get the one they want in over 112 boxes (twice the normal drop rate) and 1.7% won't get it in 236 boxes (4 times the normal drop rate).

(PS all the above assume that the different champs drop at an even 1 in 14 rate and that the chance/probability isn't skewed towards useless ones such as the resource ones - which personally I don't think they are)

How did you figure 1 in 56 odds?  There are 14 types, and a holy bond can rank 4 or 5 champs.  I assume the 4s are more common than the 5s, but idk what the exact ratio is.  
May 31, 2019, 15:0105/31/19
07/10/14
It's published in the mobile app that the drop rate of Grave V from holy bonds is 25% - 1 in 4. This matches the anecdotal evidence collected here and from people across the .com servers.
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 6, 2019, 20:1106/06/19
10/04/13
Fritz said:

You  talked about odds for holy bonds while the post is about EPIC bonds(he opened 30 epic bonds not holy ones)...which are NOT the same.You can t officially say you can get the Champ of your choosing with a  cost  of average £1,679..this is just probability..it could cost more or even less.I bought the first package with 2 holy bonds(36 euros) and i won the champ i dreamed of(reaper grade V)..and 2 days ago i opened 3 holy bonds in a row and won the other one i wanted the most(werewolf grade V)..holy bonds won in tournaments(spent very few for it).You said the word "CHANCE" which send me directly to..Las Vegas.I would rather BUY directly that champ grade V i want instead to throw money in wind according to statistics and probabilities ..

djmoody said:

As per the mobile app info there is a 1 in 4 chance of getting a Grade V (this matches the anecdotal evidence of drop rates people have shared - it's good info you can trust).

Below is the chance of not getting a Grade V on each successive opening.

The chance of not getting a Grade V in 30 holy bonds is 1 to 5,600 against (the % chances get so small at the end of the table I converted them to the 1 in x chance which is easier to conceptualise).

This means you were very unlucky. 

On the face of it it looks unfeasibly unlucky. I wouldn't blame you for tending towards conspiracy theories that they are rigged or that it was intentional to make you spend more. It won't be any of those things. It's just probability.

The problem is, whilst this was highly unlikely to happen to an individual, when you consider that thousands of people play Plarium games it was actually highly probably that 1 person would experience your level of bad luck. The maths in fact is that if 5,600 people open 30 holy bonds then statistically on average one of them will have your luck. So this is in fact bound to happen to someone, it's a very undesirable side effect of random loot boxes.

Btw just under 2 people in 100 will not only get a Grade V on their first box but get the specific one they are afte (1 in 4 for the Grade V, 1 in 14 for specific champ = 1 in 56 chance)..

I hope someone a heart at Plarium will see this and sort something out for you. It's not meant to go down the way it has for you (even they don't want this to happen to you).

You got really lucky then.  If plarium has published the actual drop rates then we can do the math to calculate the actual probabilities.  And math will always trump anecdotal evidence.  
Jun 7, 2019, 17:1006/07/19
11/04/15

BiohazarD said:

Fritz said:

You  talked about odds for holy bonds while the post is about EPIC bonds(he opened 30

djmoody said:

As per the mobile app info there is a 1 in 4 chance of getting a Grade V

You got really lucky then.  If plarium has published the actual drop rates then we can do the math to calculate the actual probabilities.  And math will always trump anecdotal evidence.  

The percentages are now shown in all games

Jun 9, 2019, 04:1506/09/19
08/09/15

math ,probability and reality are not always in accordance 

odds of a meteor hitting a plane are like in billions, yet it happened
odds of thunder hitting a human is in thousands,it happens ,odds of a thunder hitting a person twice goes higher much more like one in million instead of a thousands,yet there was this guy hit by thunder 5 or 6 times !
there was this program in which they tried to remake sports greatest hits and times,they would say the mathematically it might take millions of times trying to remake the same situation but theyd be able to do that under 100s attempts !
my point, when sth is based on chance that just depends on how lucky u are.it dsnt mean numbers or math are wrong. iv got this friend ,odds of him having a ginger kid was 1 in 4,yet it happened, 3 times !
one more  thing,personal though,if there is a bad thing that might happen ,with my luck i know it will probabbly happen so i just dont spend on it

Jun 9, 2019, 23:3806/09/19
Jun 9, 2019, 23:55(edited)
07/10/14

Fritz said:

You can t officially say you can get the Champ of your choosing with a  cost  of average £1,679..this is just probability..it could cost more or even less.

Actually you can.

The key is in the words "on average". What that means is that if you run the scenario many times over the results will come to that point on average. Any one person might see results that diverge from that point, potentially quite significantly, but over many people the results will tend to that point when aggregated. The bigger the sample the more results will converge with the average.

It's not that it's not understood any one person might seen extreme results, I even posted the odds of people getting the drop on their first bonds and people doing double and quadruple the average without getting the drop.

fURY said:

math ,probability and reality are not always in accordance 

odds of a meteor hitting a plane are like in billions, yet it happened
odds of thunder hitting a human is in thousands,it happens ,odds of a thunder hitting a person twice goes higher much more like one in million instead of a thousands,yet there was this guy hit by thunder 5 or 6 times !

There is no break between reality and the maths at all.

The confusion you are having is by taking unlikely events and testing them many many times over which actually makes them very likely to happen. 

It might be very unlikely for an individual to be hit by lightening. But there are 6 billion people on the planet and a lot of storms on that planet every day. So the dice on people getting hit by lightening are being rolled over and over and over again continually. Over time then it becomes highly probably each year. Highly unlikely for you, highly probable for the whole population.

Same as a plane getting hit by lightening. Highly unlikely your plane will be hit by lightening. But with thousands of planes running each day, clocking up millions of flight hours a year it become highly likely that some plane somewhere will be hit by lightening.

But yeah I think we are all on the same page in disliking random loot boxes. I for one am very happy that they are becoming illiegal in more countries all the time........ (you actually get a dopamine hit when you don't get the drop which gives you a biological/chemical hit that pushes you to try again).

Jun 11, 2019, 09:2006/11/19
03/05/19

Hello, guys! Thank you all for your comments. 

Now you can see the drop rate chance percentage in the game. So, it's up to you to decide to purchase Summoning Bonds or not. Like in every strategy game, the higher the bonuses which you can get from any in-game item, the more efforts it's needed to make in order to receive this item. 

I wish luck to every Stormfall player and hope you'll get the desired Champion as soon as possible. 
Jun 13, 2019, 22:5706/13/19
Jun 14, 2019, 06:32(edited)
04/16/18

Boris Shevchenko said:

Now you can see the drop rate chance percentage in the game. So, it's up to you to decide to purchase Summoning Bonds or not. Like in every strategy game, the higher the bonuses which you can get from any in-game item, the more efforts it's needed to make in order to receive this item. 

10% chance for Grade IV means that every 10th Epic Summoning Bond should be Grade IV !!!
But after I spent more than 4000 Emeralds and 5 more Epic Summoning Bonds  I received 0 (zero) Grade IV Champions!!!
Because I spent all of my Emeralds, Plarium wants to tell me that I have to give another $ 99  to participate in to the quest for one Grade IV Cavalier!!!
Which is ridiculous!!!
The only logical solution is to block this game for good!!!

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jun 14, 2019, 11:4706/14/19
05/21/19

krasybg said:

Boris Shevchenko said:

10% chance for Grade IV means that every 10th Epic Summoning Bond should be Grade IV !!!
But after I spent more than 4000 Emeralds and 5 more Epic Summoning Bonds  I received 0 (zero) Grade IV Champions!!!
Because I spent all of my Emeralds, Plarium wants to tell me that I have to give another $ 99  to participate in to the quest for one Grade IV Cavalier!!!
Which is ridiculous!!!

Hello! Sorry to hear that you didn't get the desired Champion. The randomness of Champions summoning is an integral part of games like ours. We keep adding numerous opportunities for players to receive as many valuable items and strong Champions as possible.

Also, there are some events where you can get a higher chance for a specific Champion. Just stay tuned not to miss it! 

Jun 25, 2019, 10:5406/25/19
03/05/19

Fritz said:

I dont want to comment your  strategy (each one with his own) but let me tell you with 4000 emeralds i easily win 2 holly bonds,3 or maxim 4.How?by playing in champ tourneys.. 2000 emeralds to mee should be enough to be in top 3 and i ll get a second holly bond from weekly ranking.I don t understand players who spends their emeralds on useless "epic" bonds and this is not pointed at you.In my opinion emeralds should be used ONLY in champs tourneys and it s the only way to "transform" them in grade V champions but of course it needs efforts.

krasybg said:

Boris Shevchenko said:

Which is ridiculous!!!

I agree that each player has his own strategy in this game. BTW, sometimes we launch special events in which the chances of getting the Champion of the highest grade increases. I think the best time for getting a needed Champion it's a time of that event in the game. 

BiohazarDModerator
Jun 27, 2019, 16:3406/27/19
10/04/13

krasybg said:

Boris Shevchenko said:

Which is ridiculous!!!

Unfortunately that's not how statistics work.  The chance of getting a grade 4 on any particular attempt is 10%, so the chance of not getting one on that attempt is 90%.  The chance of not getting one on x attempts is 0.9^x.  It sounds like you opened a total of 25 epic bonds, so the chances of getting no grade 4 champions were 0.9^25 = 7.2%.  So if 100 people each opened 25 bonds, the most likely outcome is that 7 of them wouldn't get a single grade 4 champion, a few would get 1, most would get 2-3, a few would get 4, and maybe 1 or 2 would get 5+.  You were just one of the unlucky ones who didn't get any.  

Of course, as a game designer there are ways to counter this.  You can make the chance of getting a good drop increase slightly after each consecutive bad drop, then reset to the default after a good drop.  This helps prevent long streaks of bad drops.  But I haven't seen any indication that Plarium is concerned about these statistical anomalies.