All Categories

Forum spam, enough already?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Mar 18, 2019, 10:1603/18/19
07/25/15

I don't really want to see spam about "sexual performance" on the forums here. The issue about spam and trash posts been brought up a lot of times in the past, and we get told it being worked on, but it doesn't really seems like it. Unless you want to start rate the forums for "mature" and adults only, I suggest you start do something about it for real. 
Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 18, 2019, 10:4303/18/19
03/05/19

Hi, Gadheras. Thank you for bringing this situation to my attention. 

The aforementioned post is already deleted and the user is banned. Thank you for your help. 
Mar 18, 2019, 11:0903/18/19
07/25/15

Boris Shevchenko said:

Hi, Gadheras. Thank you for bringing this situation to my attention. 

The aforementioned post is already deleted and the user is banned. Thank you for your help. 

One huge problem though, During weekends, there is no one to be on top of such. Or at least that is the impression. Spam such as this doesn't stay within office hours. Please start make good promise of what been said in the past about actually fix this. Because several have offered up multiple good solutions how to deal with it. 
Mar 18, 2019, 11:2503/18/19
Mar 18, 2019, 11:25(edited)
02/22/16

We  do check all through the  weekend and remove it ASAP  it doesn't stay up long if you see a post to think should be removed you can  message me. But to say nobody removes it during the weekend simply is not factual !

Mar 18, 2019, 11:4803/18/19
07/26/15
Ghaderas, the spam is sporadic, most times it happens each day and night without fail, not just weekends, we all have to sleep sometime and work as well in my case which means we cannot be here 24/7 just to delete spam and lose our sleep and jobs but what we do is as soon as we go to forum we check for the spam and bann it
Mar 18, 2019, 13:3703/18/19
07/25/15

Christine Hare said:

Ghaderas, the spam is sporadic, most times it happens each day and night without fail, not just weekends, we all have to sleep sometime and work as well in my case which means we cannot be here 24/7 just to delete spam and lose our sleep and jobs but what we do is as soon as we go to forum we check for the spam and bann it

Doesn't change the fact we been told they working on fix it for a very long time without nothing much seems to be done about it. When there is so many easy solutions to that could be implemented that would deal with it.

Mar 18, 2019, 13:4203/18/19
07/26/15
what you think would be easy is not when they are always able to find a different way in
Mar 19, 2019, 17:2903/19/19
07/25/15
djmoody said:

When a user sets up an account have then choose their server from a drop down list. Make the default selection something that is not a permissible selection such as "Select your server here".

That killed all the spam on my personal forum.

I am not a n expert in internet security, just a hobbiest but that solution took less than 5 mins of googling.

Plarium have the added ability to actually check the server selected back to game data to double check it's an appropriate selection before allowing the account to be set up, adding another layer of protection to the process.

Looking forward to my free sapphires in the post (btw have posted this solution before).
Verification process of account and time delay before you can post work as well. Some forums I use also have a check in place so you need to send like a hello mail to an admin bot before you can get let lose into the forums. These spam posts is not made by actual humans, its just a script, a spam bot if you want. The more random stuff you put up as a roadblock the easier it is to throw them off. 
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 19, 2019, 23:5103/19/19
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

I don't really want to see spam about "sexual performance" on the forums here. The issue about spam and trash posts been brought up a lot of times in the past, and we get told it being worked on, but it doesn't really seems like it. Unless you want to start rate the forums for "mature" and adults only, I suggest you start do something about it for real. 
We do delete them whenever we see them, and ban the posters.