All Categories

Champions Hunt - not for me

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Feb 8, 2019, 17:0402/08/19
04/16/16

I logged on today to find that Lord Oberon has blessed the   CHAMPIONS HUNT   to everyone in Stormfall: Age of War

I worked through the Tutorial...   and though what the heck let's try it out.

After
receiving my 7 day Hunting "license"... I did a group Hunt.  I set up for 3 different Champs to go on the group hunt.  To my displeasure, I watched as my first Champ in the queue:

attacked - 10 energy

returned

attacked - 10 energy

returned

attacked - 10 energy

returned

attacked - 10 energy

returned

attacked - 10 energy

returned

attacked - 10 energy

returned

attacked - 10 energy

returned

attacked - 10 energy

returned

attacked - 10 energy

returned

attacked - 10 energy

returned

I watched this 1st Champion in the " GROUP HUNT " use all my energy that I had.

I am NOT a fan of this type of
automatic system.  Where when you queue up the Champs into a hunt, the 1st Champ uses up all the energy or the amount needed to max out, then move to the 2nd Champ and the 2nd Champ uses up the remaining energy or maxes out, then move to the 3rd Champ... etc.

I prefer to send my Champs individually, because I can send several Champs at nearly the same time to different undead.  This way I     " feel like "    (a concept lost on the developers of this game)  that I am accomplishing something by seeing several Champs being leveled up at nearly the same time.

I also did not like that I did not get a report for each individual attack, there is just a combined total in the Hunt screen.  I like seeing the stats of individual attacks. You could have done both... show the combined totals in the Hunt screen... and have each individual attack report show at the Grand Marshall.

So I have my license, but I will not be using it.  

Sorry Plarium but I have to give this idea a...      

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 8, 2019, 18:1902/08/19
02/21/16
It would help if you read through the Feature before trying it  when you use the auto Charge on a solo hunt it will drain your charges until they are Gone 
Feb 8, 2019, 18:2302/08/19
02/21/16
My Group hunt worked as it should  But if you were doing both the Solo and the group hunt activating the solo and then the group hunt in that order before your solo was finished  if it's on auto Your Solo would just keep sending and your group would not even start !
Feb 8, 2019, 21:1402/08/19
08/03/14
Fritz said:

djmoody said:

Hunts aren't designed for you.

They are designed for people willing to PAY NOT TO PLAY (Plarium should trademark that as they are breaking new ground). ...

But this is an exercise in pay to win, they are not actually looking to do anything useful for players, make the games better, improve enjoyment etc etc.
I have nothing against mega coiners-i would do the same if i were rich.On the other hand i would put all of them in one dedicated server just for them and i would let free to play players to play in their own server-NON $$ server;there players will advance using nothing but skills and time.But here spenders are clever;in previous game i played for 6 years i knew few very rich who don t had a clue how to play-just buying tons of items and no tactic no skills nothing.I have to admit  was jealous because if i d had their money to spend in game i would be up there in top.
maybe..... a VIP server, where you have to buy into?  and that server supports the f2p server?  sounds like a win. 
Feb 8, 2019, 22:0102/08/19
02/22/16
The Only real issue I have  is the hunt raids don't seem to be showing in the Grand marshal reports so is hard to gauge the effectiveness of the hunt  by reviewing the reports
BiohazarDModerator
Feb 9, 2019, 08:1902/09/19
10/04/13
IronApex said:

Fritz said:

djmoody said:

Hunts aren't designed for you.

They are designed for people willing to PAY NOT TO PLAY (Plarium should trademark that as they are breaking new ground). ...

But this is an exercise in pay to win, they are not actually looking to do anything useful for players, make the games better, improve enjoyment etc etc.
I have nothing against mega coiners-i would do the same if i were rich.On the other hand i would put all of them in one dedicated server just for them and i would let free to play players to play in their own server-NON $$ server;there players will advance using nothing but skills and time.But here spenders are clever;in previous game i played for 6 years i knew few very rich who don t had a clue how to play-just buying tons of items and no tactic no skills nothing.I have to admit  was jealous because if i d had their money to spend in game i would be up there in top.
maybe..... a VIP server, where you have to buy into?  and that server supports the f2p server?  sounds like a win. 
The big coiners don't want to fight other big coiners lol.  They want to go around and crush free players.  What's the point of spending lots of money just to fight other people who have also spent lots of money and are equal to you?
BiohazarDModerator
Feb 9, 2019, 08:2102/09/19
10/04/13
djmoody said:

Wesley Pringle said:

The Only real issue I have  is the hunt raids don't seem to be showing in the Grand marshal reports so is hard to gauge the effectiveness of the hunt  by reviewing the reports

I get the point but it's might be worth pointing out that reports seem to be a major factor that creates game lag. So getting reports might actually be a bigger problem. Idk if that is why they did it that way or not.

You are getting a pretty good summary of the number of sends, recharges used, XP earned and drops in the group hunt. To a certain extent that allows for more information than before (e.g. very clear what bond drop rates are now from the summary screen). I think they did a pretty good job with the Group Hunt summary tbh.

My major issue with the mechanic design (which I expect you will start seeing from players in a few days time when they have used it a bit) is that for a mechanic that exists to remove niggly grind it is actually requires some niggly calculations to run effectively.

Training without boosts on will be twice as emerald expensive as with boosts. Effectively incredibly stupid not to have boosts activated. But there is no way to know how long a hunt will take to complete and therefore how many boosts to activate when it starts other than:

1) Knowing how many sends it takes to train each rank of champs (which I expect most players don't know for started)

2) Multiple for each champ by that number of sends and then by 30 seconds or 120 seconds (depending on paragon or not)

3) Divide it all by 60 or 360 to get an meaningful minutes or hours number not in seconds

Now being OCD I already did a spreadsheet for that. But I realise that pretty much no one else will take that degree of time and effort.

So people will:

a) complain about having lost twice as many refreshes as they expected because XP bonus wans't activated

b) just complain that the whole exercise it too tedious and annoying so why are they paying for it

So useful additions would be:

i) an expected time to complete timer that calculates as you add the champs to the hunt; or

ii) a button for auto application of XP bonus each hour similar to the auto-refresh checkbox

Yeah the option to automatically activate xp boosters for as long as the hunt is going would be nice. 
Feb 9, 2019, 19:0102/09/19
12/13/14

I can't understand why you have all activated the Hunt - Why not just wait for the next tournament?

I would much prefer to see an intelligent 10x Attack button anyway
At least then the non-coiners would get some benefit - click once and ignore it for 5 hours  lol

I think it very sad that plarium have resorted to selling us Bot Scripts

Feb 10, 2019, 05:2902/10/19
06/16/16

Snowgoon said:

I can't understand why you have all activated the Hunt - Why not just wait for the next tournament?

I was thinking this, too, but unless they change things, there will almost certainly be another one or two tournaments before the week expires, so it should be fine.
Feb 12, 2019, 00:0502/12/19
07/26/15

I can see the for and against this, but so many were always saying to much clicking with champs, way to time consuming, do something about it complaints, yet here we have an automated system that takes away the hours spent and thousands of clicks to upgrade champs which is what many asked for, 

I still have my champs set up ready to try for that holy scroll in the solo champ tourney, this 1 couldn't have come at a better time for me as I have been saving all energy balls that I have been getting from league chests, all double xp boosters as well and I have over 90 champs sitting at xp1 at 4 stars so I say ready set got for the solo champ tourney for me 

Feb 13, 2019, 00:2202/13/19
08/21/14

Christine Hare said:

I can see the for and against this, but so many were always saying to much clicking with champs, way to time consuming, do something about it complaints, yet here we have an automated system that takes away the hours spent and thousands of clicks to upgrade champs which is what many asked for, 

I still have my champs set up ready to try for that holy scroll in the solo champ tourney, this 1 couldn't have come at a better time for me as I have been saving all energy balls that I have been getting from league chests, all double xp boosters as well and I have over 90 champs sitting at xp1 at 4 stars so I say ready set got for the solo champ tourney for me 

only if you pay for it.  why would anyone who wasn't buy emerald and/or holy bond packages before this all of a sudden now want to pay for group hunts?

Solo hunts are completely useless unless you're trying to upgrade a single champ instead of several at once.  From my perception, I assume that most players that do not spend on champions are very rarely going to want to upgrade a single champion, in which case its not worth buying a solo hunt just for that rare occasion.

On top of this, nerfing emerald rewards for everyone in order to implement a high to mega coiner only feature is just another slap in the fast to mid coiners and below.  DJ Moody was absolutely spot on when he said the hunts could have implemented to give reduced rewards when active to prevent infinite emerald production, leaving the original rewards alone when the hunt is not active.

Why are you trying for the holy bond tourney reward?  Do you buy bond and orb packages?

Feb 15, 2019, 00:1002/15/19
07/26/15

Hi there Limad, I just recently done the solo champ tourney with hunt activated, I had 78 energy spheres and many grade 4 champs ready to go, now it took less than 4 hours for the group hunt to upgrade them all to 30xp for me with paragon activated and auto recharge in group hunt, see I get about 4 hours or less sleep at night before work in the morning and the group hunt of all 4 star champs was finished when I logged in to check before work so I set another 1 going, I came 10th overall in the solo champ hunt and started with 60 emeralds and finished off with just over 1700 emeralds so I did gain in emeralds but not as much as I would have if the emeralds were still at their original rewards for champ xp rankups

I noticed you will gain in emeralds with the hunt provided you use 4 star champs or higher, but if you use the hunt for 3 star champs or lowere you lose emeralds big time if thats any help, I lile to play and thoughrouly test out new updates before giving feedback so I can give real gamer experience feedback this way

I saw only 1 negative with the hunt while playing champ solo tourney and I hope you all take notice of this 1 before you try it on the tourney if your planning to go for top 10 rankings, the group hunt causes lag when you try to upgrade champs manually at the same time using undead, also the champs your trying to upgrade manually can clash with the same level undead your champs in the hunt are attacking if your not aware of their levels

1 last thing, the hunt alone will not get you a top 3 spot in rank, it is not fast enough, you have to rank them up manually as well
Feb 15, 2019, 00:1902/15/19
07/26/15

Hi there Aegon, I refuse to pay $99 for 1 holy bond where there is the very real chance I could easily get a hamlet defense champ from it, the price is just not worth it for me personally to take that chance so instead I try to win them, also I'm not dissagreeing with you and DJ Moody about the cut in emerald rewards, I'm not happy about that either, but apart from complain we can only hope they hear us

Now 1 very interesting thing which I also put in as a suggestion some time ago was that beacons be able to give out soulstones, and emeralds, not just sapphires and Roadstar Pittbull has shown a link from Stormfall Rise Of Balur  of an emerald producing beacon, so I really do hope that does happen here too seeing as Plarium only lifted the emerald rewards for upgrading champ xp to half of its original rewards
Feb 15, 2019, 14:0102/15/19
Feb 15, 2019, 14:03(edited)
02/22/16

So you are saying that you personally have done the raids Like Christine Did ? And those are your numbers in the Chart?  

and when Christine provide the proof that your chart is deeply flawed. 

You Cry Fake News !!! 

Basically calling her a Liar .

Figures don't Lie But Liars Figure is what my old Math teacher used to always say. 

I believe Christine would not lie about what her results were. 

BiohazarDModerator
Feb 15, 2019, 21:4602/15/19
10/04/13
Christine Hare said:

Hi there Limad, I just recently done the solo champ tourney with hunt activated, I had 78 energy spheres and many grade 4 champs ready to go, now it took less than 4 hours for the group hunt to upgrade them all to 30xp for me with paragon activated and auto recharge in group hunt, see I get about 4 hours or less sleep at night before work in the morning and the group hunt of all 4 star champs was finished when I logged in to check before work so I set another 1 going, I came 10th overall in the solo champ hunt and started with 60 emeralds and finished off with just over 1700 emeralds so I did gain in emeralds but not as much as I would have if the emeralds were still at their original rewards for champ xp rankups

I noticed you will gain in emeralds with the hunt provided you use 4 star champs or higher, but if you use the hunt for 3 star champs or lowere you lose emeralds big time if thats any help, I lile to play and thoughrouly test out new updates before giving feedback so I can give real gamer experience feedback this way

I saw only 1 negative with the hunt while playing champ solo tourney and I hope you all take notice of this 1 before you try it on the tourney if your planning to go for top 10 rankings, the group hunt causes lag when you try to upgrade champs manually at the same time using undead, also the champs your trying to upgrade manually can clash with the same level undead your champs in the hunt are attacking if your not aware of their levels

1 last thing, the hunt alone will not get you a top 3 spot in rank, it is not fast enough, you have to rank them up manually as well
That's a nice gain, congrats on saving up that much energy.  Thanks for providing some data :)
BiohazarDModerator
Feb 15, 2019, 21:5002/15/19
10/04/13
djmoody said:

Wesley Pringle said:

So you are saying that you personally have done the raids Like Christine Did ? And those are your numbers in the Chart?  

and when Christine provide the proof that your chart is deeply flawed. 

You Cry Fake News !!! 

Basically calling her a Liar .

Figures don't Lie But Liars Figure is what my old Math teacher used to always say. 

I believe Christine would not lie about what her results were. 

As it happens I have done a lot more champ training than Christine has reported she has done. 

And initially it seems to make a profit as you complete the half trained champs you had and receive full rewards for them. But that is ignoring all the sacrifices and the cost of those sacrifices that had gone into training them to their start point rank and level. As you do more training you start to lose emeralds.

Tbh having a pissing contest about how much training people have and haven't done to collect their "anecdotal evidence" isn't the point because collecting anecdotal evidence is POINTLESS (for all the reasons I already explained - you will never randomly sample a period of training that will reflect the true cost)

If you want to know the factual truth then seriously its as simple as this.

Either the maths I provided has a mistake in it, in which case I would love for that to be pointed out so we can all know the correct answer.

OR is is correct and it's a fact that the champions training will cost money. And not just a small amount of money.

If you don't have the capability to check the maths yourself then please ask someone you know who does to take a look at it. I am more than happy to be proven wrong... because I only want to know what the factual cost is so I can plan accordingly and advise my league appropriately.

And no I didn't call Christine a liar and went out of my way to point that out in my post - so I find what you wrote to be be nothing but trolling (a break of rule 1.2 b) and c) - if there was any justice in the world).

I haven't tested the amount of hits needed to upgrade a champion of each star count, but assuming those are correct the rest of your numbers seem accurate.  I don't think christine's testimony disagrees with yours, she did say she noticed a large emerald loss when training champions with less than 4 stars.  And assuming you're starting from scratch and not finishing already partly upgraded champions, you have to do a lot of 1, 2, and 3 stars for every 4, 5, or 6 star upgrade. 
Feb 16, 2019, 03:4002/16/19
07/26/15
you must include enlightened 5 star champs that go from 30-35 as they give 100 emeralds and also the same for enlightened 6 star champs to gain the + emeralds DJ Moody, as far as all of the energy spheres go, i have been saving them up since the 1st release of champs to try for the champ tourney thats why i had so many as I was also gaining them in league chests as well, I used the champ tower to my advantage for that over time too so before the game even started to use my emeralds for the hunt many of my grade 4 and 5 champs were maxed out with the hunt which gave me the emeralds, you have to take into consideration the energy orbs, if you save up enough of them they really do play a huge part when it comes to the hunt and solo champ tourney, i also had many 4hr and 1hr double xp boosters which i used all throughout the tourney also, you need to include this into your sheet too as its half the amount of clicks and energy needed to upgrade champs too 
Feb 16, 2019, 03:4702/16/19
07/26/15

No MOD is trolling any posts here, as part of our job we must take the time to read the comments in the post  and the content of the post before replying, its just a part of being a MOD  

DJ MOODY your figures are wrong because you didnt factor in the double xp boosters for champs  which cuts the energy usage in half compared to just doing champs normally but the hunt is really only worth using in solo champ tourneys to gain the rewards without having to spend the hours clicking away using the energy and emeralds just the same manually 
BiohazarDModerator
Feb 16, 2019, 09:3002/16/19
Feb 16, 2019, 09:31(edited)
10/04/13

Christine Hare said:

No MOD is trolling any posts here, as part of our job we must take the time to read the comments in the post  and the content of the post before replying, its just a part of being a MOD  

DJ MOODY your figures are wrong because you didnt factor in the double xp boosters for champs  which cuts the energy usage in half compared to just doing champs normally but the hunt is really only worth using in solo champ tourneys to gain the rewards without having to spend the hours clicking away using the energy and emeralds just the same manually 

I think he did factor in the double xp booster.  His chart says it takes 9 sends to level a 1 star champion, which is the correct amount with the booster active.  You're right though it doesn't look like he took into account that you can use enlightenment to get extra rewards at 5 and 6 stars, but that assumes that you have a second copy of the same champion to enlighten with, which you probably won't if it's a grade 5 one and you're not a mega coiner. 

You can however level the 4 and 5 star ones you intend to sacrifice, which will gain you some extra rewards.  A level 4 takes 38 sends at 1 emerald per send, and rewards 50 emeralds, so by leveling up the 24 4 stars you're going to sacrifice, you gain an extra 24*(50-38)=288 emeralds.  For the 5 level 5s you intend to sacrifice, if you level them up first that will gain you an extra 5*(100-65)=175 emeralds.  So by leveling up your 4 and 5 star sacrifices you can save 463 emeralds off the cost of upgrading a champion to 6 stars and max level.  You can also use low grade champs as your 5 star sacrifices, which means you can enlighten them  with other low grade champs to get the extra rewards before sacrificing.  (you'll have to do a few extra sends to get them to the new max level, but this will be mostly profit).  Lets assume it takes an extra 20 sends to upgrade a 5 star to the new max level once it has been enlightened.  That means you'll spend 20 emeralds on each one, and earn 100 back.  This earns you an extra 5*(100-20)=400 emeralds.  All this extra sending also means you'll do an extra 1337 sends, and win an extra 137 bonds, which eliminates the need to buy bonds with emeralds, saving you another 1057 emeralds. 

So the total cost using these optimizations would be 1920 less than DJ's estimate, or 3010 emeralds (not counting cost of boosts, but that can be minimized since you can win them from tourney rewards and they're also fairly cheap.  also not counting the cost of hunt items.)  It's still pretty expensive to train champions this way, but you don't really need to get all 14 champion types fully leveled, only about 6 of them are actually useful.  So that could be done for roughly $200 depending on what deals the game gives you.  
Feb 17, 2019, 01:2202/17/19
08/21/14

Christine Hare said:

Hi there Aegon, I refuse to pay $99 for 1 holy bond where there is the very real chance I could easily get a hamlet defense champ from it, the price is just not worth it for me personally to take that chance so instead I try to win them, also I'm not dissagreeing with you and DJ Moody about the cut in emerald rewards, I'm not happy about that either, but apart from complain we can only hope they hear us

Now 1 very interesting thing which I also put in as a suggestion some time ago was that beacons be able to give out soulstones, and emeralds, not just sapphires and Roadstar Pittbull has shown a link from Stormfall Rise Of Balur  of an emerald producing beacon, so I really do hope that does happen here too seeing as Plarium only lifted the emerald rewards for upgrading champ xp to half of its original rewards

If you're not buying the holy bond or orb packages, then why are you spending so much time and effort trying to win holy bonds in the champion XP tournament?

Even if you manage to spend all that time and clicking to get a holy bond, the chances of the bond containing an orange is slim.  The chances of such an orange being useful to you is even more slim.   The chances of you ever enlightening a useful champ is next to zero.   The chances of you ever applying an orb to a useful orange champ is ZERO.

Even the epics rarely contain purples, but even if you get one, you can not apply any orbs to it.

So....why bother trying to place in the tournament at all, much less the top spot?

I understand saving recharges and XP boosts for the tourney to optimize rewards, but I don't see how its worth trying to place in the tournament rankings if you're not buying holy bond and orb packages.

Feb 17, 2019, 07:3502/17/19
02/28/16
Aegon Targaryen said:

If you're not buying the holy bond or orb packages, then why are you spending so much time and effort trying to win holy bonds in the champion XP tournament?
Because grade V gives 52.3% bonus even without enlightenment or orbs? What are you arguing here? That grade V is useless unless you spend money upgrading it? You know you can apply that logic to every aspect of this game? Your dragons are worse than coiners dragons. Why do you bother getting them?