Bug with champions

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Aug 5, 2018, 09:2508/05/18
11/04/16

Bug with champions

Here is what happened:

I sent 2 champions to fight undeads.

The first one realized his attack and every thing was fine.

The second one came back to the castle instantly and didn't fight the undead.

Yet it costed me 10 energy.

This happened several times.
Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 5, 2018, 10:1608/05/18
04/10/15

Lord Erwan

its not a bug, when the second champion arrives he finds the undead killed so there is no battle and of course no report and the second champions comes automaticly

since this is not a bug i move this post to game discussion

Regards

Aug 5, 2018, 15:5908/05/18
Aug 5, 2018, 16:03(edited)
12/13/14

Juglar del Viento said:

Lord Erwan

its not a bug, when the second champion arrives he finds the undead killed so there is no battle and of course no report and the second champions comes automaticly

since this is not a bug i move this post to game discussion

Regards

Why do you assume that Erwan sent 2 champions to attack the SAME undead?

You do not have the right to make such an assumption

"Here is what happened:  I sent 2 champions to fight undeads."

He used the PLURAL

We have already heard from several players that champions are being returned even when sent to attack DIFFERENT undead

Plarium is hopeless at multi-tasking

Aug 5, 2018, 21:1808/05/18
08/21/14

When Champions first came out in the FB version, it was impossible to send more than one champion to the same undead.   Once a champion was sent, that undead became inaccessible until after the battle.

Snowgoon, you may be correct about what the OP meant.  However, in the world of typos and increasing laziness with the English language (or just unfamiliarity of English by those who have a different first language), its reasonable to assume the OP sent 2 champions to the same undead, as this could actually cause problems, though one might also presume that since it appears to be an allowed action these days, any problems with doing so must have been fixed.

Different experiences can easily lead to presumptions, and assumptions of presumptions.

I've sent 5 champions at once to different undead, and routinely send 4 at once to different undead.  So far, no problems...at least none that a refresh did not correct.   Due to my experience with champions on Facebook, I have not attempted to send more than one champion to the same undead here in Plarium, as I have no wish to waste 10 energy to test if the issue has been fixed.  I'd rather assume that the integration of champions into Plarium failed to prevent the action than assume any issues with the action itself was fixed.

Aug 6, 2018, 06:0608/06/18
08/31/15

Aegon Targaryen said:

When Champions first came out in the FB version, it was impossible to send more than one champion to the same undead.   Once a champion was sent, that undead became inaccessible until after the battle.

Snowgoon, you may be correct about what the OP meant.  However, in the world of typos and increasing laziness with the English language (or just unfamiliarity of English by those who have a different first language), its reasonable to assume the OP sent 2 champions to the same undead, as this could actually cause problems, though one might also presume that since it appears to be an allowed action these days, any problems with doing so must have been fixed.

Different experiences can easily lead to presumptions, and assumptions of presumptions.

I've sent 5 champions at once to different undead, and routinely send 4 at once to different undead.  So far, no problems...at least none that a refresh did not correct.   Due to my experience with champions on Facebook, I have not attempted to send more than one champion to the same undead here in Plarium, as I have no wish to waste 10 energy to test if the issue has been fixed.  I'd rather assume that the integration of champions into Plarium failed to prevent the action than assume any issues with the action itself was fixed.

I've tested it.  Generally, if champion attack is less than undead HP, it will survive and the second champion will finish it off.  However, if the first champion crits, the undead will be slain and the second champion will return home empty handed.  Energy is expended as soon as you send a champion to fight undead, regardless whether that champion attacks or not.  

Plarium is very bad at handling concurrent events.  I have not noticed any issues with champions failing to attack when they should (aside from the specific situation listed above), but I have noticed that Its hard for me to do other things while champions are fighting undead since receiving those reports will lag and freeze my game for as long as 30 seconds.
Aug 6, 2018, 09:5708/06/18
02/29/16

Hello, Lords!

THATGUY is correct. If you send two Champions to one Undead and it's not killed by the first one, the second one will hit Undead as well. 

If he is killed by the first Champion, the second one will just return to Castle with the energy spent. The energy is spent as your Champion made the travel to Undead no matter whether he hits him or not.

You see both Champion's Attack power and Undead's HP. So, it's not so difficult to calculate how many Champions you will need for the fight.

As for Lord Erwan comment, we need to wait for his confirmation on whether Champions were sent to one or two Undeads :)

Aug 6, 2018, 13:0408/06/18
12/13/14

djmoody said:

Alina Phoenix said:

The energy is spent as your Champion made the travel to Undead no matter whether he hits him or not.

So now we have confirmed the bug do we:

- acknowlege the thread shouldn't have been moved

- confirm that yjr bug will be fixed

- sick our heads in the sand and pretend the only issue here is working out exactly what the ops problem was? (nice way to dogde all the issues in your post btw)

I think you are being a little unfair - Let's hope Erwan comments soon

We fully expect energy to be used, and should not expect a refund if we are foolish enough to send 2 strong champions to attack one weak undead

http://prntscr.com/kfasai

We should note, however, that it can be a good tactic to send a strong champion to attack a slightly stronger undead ... and then kill the weakened undead using a weak champion - this gives extra kill points to quickly upgrade weak champions

http://prntscr.com/kfasvd

Aug 9, 2018, 13:5308/09/18
02/29/16

djmoody said:

Alina Phoenix said:

The energy is spent as your Champion made the travel to Undead no matter whether he hits him or not.

So now we have confirmed the bug do we:

- acknowlege the thread shouldn't have been moved

- confirm that yjr bug will be fixed

- sick our heads in the sand and pretend the only issue here is working out exactly what the ops problem was? (nice way to dogde all the issues in your post btw)

No, we don't. It's not a bug. 

Feature works in the way that if you send two Champions to one undead, but he is killed by the first Champion, the second one will be returned with energy spent, but without any reward as Undead was already killed.

We made Undead's HP visible exactly for players to count how many Champions they will need to send to has him killed.
Aug 9, 2018, 19:0708/09/18
Aug 9, 2018, 19:34(edited)
12/13/14

Alina Phoenix said:

No, we don't. It's not a bug. 

Feature works in the way that if you send two Champions to one undead

But we have seen complaints where 2 (or more) champions have been sent to different undead and one (or more) have been returned

Detailed screenshots were given, but the bug was impossible to identify because it could not consistently be reproduced - it is a random bug/glitch - intermittent

I believe Erwan encountered this problem, but has failed to return to fully explain this statement

"I sent 2 champions to fight undeads.... This happened several times."

His use of the plural implies that he/she sent 2 champions to fight 2 different undeads

He did not say

"I sent 2 champions to fight an undead .... This happened several times."

I find it very hard to believe that he would continue to repeat the same error

Aug 9, 2018, 23:1108/09/18
10/21/16
I thought I left a message..The Champions are BUY Emeralds...I DO NOT win Summonings after the original launch...good luck emeralds are at the top and still not enough,,,,BRICK WALL !!!
Aug 10, 2018, 04:0808/10/18
Aug 10, 2018, 04:13(edited)
12/18/14

I can see how its tempting to send more than one attack at at time but I have stuck to single attacks 

today i have had to refresh almost every time i have sent a champion or tried to raid for resources or click on a daily quest or do a bg for mar'eth quests - champions are tedious enough but the glitches in the game at present are too much to bear

i play for entertainment and today its total frustration & NO its not my computer because other days it works fine - this happens to me at least once a month and more often lately and usually lasts for a few days

history prevails whenever you try to multi task in this game something goes awry :/

Aug 10, 2018, 10:1508/10/18
04/10/15

Dear Lords

i play with champions since they appeared on FB and havent experiment all you are saying 

its true i send them to figth with undeads one by one and dont send more than one champion at same time. but the tries i have done since i read this i didnt experiment any of these issues.

so please if you can reproduce the glich you are saying try to explain to see if we are able to reproduce it cause if not it will not be classificated as bug

hope we can clarify this issue with the help of all us.

Regards
Aug 10, 2018, 15:4008/10/18
Aug 10, 2018, 15:44(edited)
12/13/14

Jezebel said:

I can see how its tempting to send more than one attack at at time but I have stuck to single attacks 

today i have had to refresh almost every time i have sent a champion or tried to raid for resources or click on a daily quest or do a bg for mar'eth quests - champions are tedious enough but the glitches in the game at present are too much to bear

i play for entertainment and today its total frustration & NO its not my computer because other days it works fine - this happens to me at least once a month and more often lately and usually lasts for a few days

history prevails whenever you try to multi task in this game something goes awry :/

We all share your pain - manually refreshing every few minutes is very frustrating

You could try downloading the Desktop App

It is a small improvement - I tried it for another game ... but I only did this because they offered good rewards for trying it

I refuse to play stormfall there until they add rewards

I only have one question about it - How do we upgrade the desktop app? .. or are we expected to uninstal and reinstall after every update?

Aug 10, 2018, 16:2508/10/18
Aug 10, 2018, 16:39(edited)
12/13/14

jalusa said:

I thought I left a message..The Champions are BUY Emeralds...I DO NOT win Summonings after the original launch...good luck emeralds are at the top and still not enough,,,,BRICK WALL !!!

Correct me if I am wrong .....

You have used all available champions and have not found any Summoning Bonds?

Did you complete all quests? - these give many rewards including bonds

Can you UPGRADE the Rank of one of your Champions? - http://prntscr.com/kh4mno

If you have hit a brick wall then you may need to wait until the Tournament starts to get free bonds

or just keep killing undead until you find more bonds - your champions do not earn experience, but I think you can still find energy and bonds

Maybe Admin can confirm this?

Aug 11, 2018, 11:0608/11/18
04/10/15

djmoody said:

Btw how incapable are the Plarium staff really? It takes literally 1 minute to send 2 champions to the same undead and see that energy goes down by 20, but the second fight doesn't happen. In fact it takes less time to confirm there is an issue than it does to write a post asking for reproduction. Do we need to be on hand to wipe their asses and wave baby food on spoons like a choo choo train to keep them alive?

Dear Lord

first the bug to reproduce i was talking its not that. sending 2 champions to same undead at same time its at as i think a nosense and out of logic and what you are only to get is only wasting energy if the first champion kills the undead. nobody sends 200 demons to a deff bg level 10 and immediately sends another 200 demons to same bg.

the bug to reproduce i was talking about is sending several champions at same time to differents undeads. i have been doing it some days every 5 hours and havent been able to see what people say. i have received all reports correctly and with no errors

so its that last that i was trying to understand what is happening to some lords

hope this can clarify what all you could missunderstood

Regards
Aug 11, 2018, 19:2608/11/18
Aug 11, 2018, 19:29(edited)
12/13/14

Fully agree with Juglar

I don't think sending multiple champions to the same undead has anything to do with the points raised by most players

It is a distraction from the main problem ... which we are still trying to identify

Aug 12, 2018, 00:0808/12/18
12/13/14

High Paragon levels speeds things up a lot - which probably adds to the number of mistakes

http://prntscr.com/khjog5

Aug 12, 2018, 03:4008/12/18
07/26/15
this is an interesting topic, ive sent champs out to different undead close to the same times, some of them earn xp to help level their xp up and others still kill the undeads in 1 hit but earn no xp, i think this programming works the same as killing the orc and undead in the dragonstone, you get misses and you get hits but it still takes away a bar of mana for each hit to put it into perspective, i do not think this is a bug
Mar 3, 2019, 20:3503/03/19
02/14/19
I have a champion that is on a hunt, and has been for quite a while.  I can't figure out how to cancel the hunt or complete the hunt.  Any suggestions or ideas?
Mar 4, 2019, 11:3803/04/19
02/22/16

you need to go to the hunt and Click OK  to finish your hunt it should release your Champions

Mar 7, 2019, 12:1303/07/19
03/05/19

Fritz said:

I upgrade day by day my champs and i send maxim 5 of them to fight undeads in same time.I always keep 2 levels between them to avoid sending 2 of them to same undead.Sometimes(very rare) it happened to send 2 champs in same time to same undead-by mistake;i got a message-"undead is killed" or something like that-i wonder if any of you got this!?It means i m warned i can t send that champ because target it s already dead.This should work each time when you send 2 champs in same time to same target but it does nt work and this i would call it a bug.If i were a dev of game i would animate each undead life bar so that we could see when undead is back to life and ready to be targeted...in same manner you see when champ attack a tower level..or you see champ traveling when he  s on hunting;it should nt be that hard to do that.On the other hand each player should carefully plan his strategy when attacks undeads with multiple champs in same time;now imagine you could send 10 champs in same time to same target and that would work-i would send 10 champs same level to same undead and i would rocket my xp score in a blink of an eye!!

Greetings, Lord! As far as I understand, you'd like to get the advance notification about the possibility of killing the Undead in case you send two Champions in a row to the same Undead, right?

If so, we received such suggestions and already discussed them with devs. Devs won't add this feature as they want players to calculate by themselves the appropriate power of Champions they need to send to one Undead.

Moreover, they plan to add Champion Hunt Item to Tournament rewards that will allow decreasing the number of manual fights with Undeads.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.