Uhm... Message to the devs and such.

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Feb 15, 2016, 12:1702/15/16
11/05/14

Uhm... Message to the devs and such.

MMORPG

Word Origin
Digital Technology. 1. massively multiplayer online role-playing game: any story-driven online video game in which a player, taking on the persona of a character in a virtual or fantasy world, interacts with a large number of other players.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mmorpg
https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/wtn5i/has_the_term_mmo_lost_all_meaning_or_is_its/
https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/45vttf/has_the_term_mmorpg_lost_all_meaning/

TL;DR, If anyone in who worked in whatever marketing you guys have - or in any marketing in general - knew anything about games, you'd probably end up with people yelling "FALSE ADVERTISING! FALSE ADVERTISING!" at whoever decided that was a good idea. Specifically referencing the ad you have: "A new MMORPG you won't get bored of!" or whatever.

Just letting you know this. I couldn't do anything about it if I wanted to, though I don't particularly care. Just thought I should tell you this before you got yourselves in fudge-tons of trouble over false advertising. Good luck with your game that's a reskin of every other game out there.

Those of you looking at this wondering "What the heck is this guy talking about?" it probably doesn't matter to you anyway. It also doesn't matter to me. Neither would getting banned from the forums, I don't even play the game, I'm just trying to let the devs know they have a problem. Also, anyone who starts yelling at me defending the game clearly didn't read this part, or the rest of the post, and as such I will completely ignore you unless you have, because I'm not bashing the game at all, merely stating a fact. Now have fun playing your version of the same game everyone and their mother has made for the past however many years since smartphones became a thing and probably long before that.

Views
Comments
Comments
Lord OberonCharacter
Feb 15, 2016, 13:1302/15/16
01/06/15

1. RPG game is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting.

2. MMO is an online game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously in the same instance (or world) 

This is all true for Stormfall, therefore Stormfall is an MMORPG.

Feb 15, 2016, 16:4602/15/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:01(edited)
11/05/14
Lord Oberon said:

1. RPG game is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting.

2. MMO is an online game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously in the same instance (or world) 

I suppose it's just not a traditional MMORPG then. When you think MMORPG, you think WoW, TERA, etc, not games like this. XD
Feb 15, 2016, 17:3802/15/16
07/25/15

cthulhuhalo said:

Lord Oberon said:

I suppose it's just not a traditional MMORPG then. When you think MMORPG, you think WoW, TERA, etc, not games like this. XD

In Stormfall the castle is your avatar, but its very limited what you can do with it in terms of what you can achieve with your avatar in other more traditional games. Would been perhaps fun if you had an "alter ego" in this game. Like your lord could be a champion, mage, rogue, priest, you know the more traditional roles. And each would give bonus to castle, troops and so on in different ways. That way you could also had a lot of "VANITY" items to dress your avatar with and for Plarium to make more money, but hey.. what do I know :p

Lord OberonCharacter
Feb 16, 2016, 10:0802/16/16
01/06/15
Would been perhaps fun if you had an "alter ego" in this game. Like your lord could be a champion, mage, rogue, priest, you know the more traditional roles. And each would give bonus to castle, troops and so on in different ways. That way you could also had a lot of "VANITY" items to dress your avatar with and for Plarium to make more money, but hey.. what do I know :p

This is a very good idea and has been implemented in the mobile version of Stormfall. I can't promise you that it will ever be ported to the browser Stormfall, as there are technical limitations which may prevent this from happening. But we get the idea and how it contributes to the role play value of the game. 

I see what you mean. For most people MMORPG is a 3D game where you can move you character around. 

Feb 10, 2022, 13:3902/10/22
Feb 10, 2022, 13:40(edited)
03/01/21

I'm excited about science-dream, that sort of swordfights and enchantment and innovation thing.when you know what product is right for your needs. How to Restore Discord Disabled Account