All Categories

Game lag in windows 10

Game lag in windows 10

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 23, 2017, 02:2109/23/17
07/05/15

Game lag in windows 10

the current lag is unacceptable - clearing the cache and reloading the game only fixes the issue for a few game interactions.  This issue appeared with the Ocktoberfest promotion.  It's not my internet as everything else is running fine.  70 mb down and 10 up.  Fix your servers or you'll lose another customer

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 25, 2017, 12:3509/25/17
02/29/16

lanman5297124 said:

the current lag is unacceptable - clearing the cache and reloading the game only fixes the issue for a few game interactions.  This issue appeared with the Ocktoberfest promotion.  It's not my internet as everything else is running fine.  70 mb down and 10 up.  Fix your servers or you'll lose another customer

Hello.

There was an increased load on the servers, but it was fixed on Saturday.

Is the game working properly for you now?
Sep 25, 2017, 22:4109/25/17
03/22/16
Alina Phoenix said:

lanman5297124 said:

Hello.

It is working better but it is still sluggish. An example being the clock counting down the time until the Beacon Massacre jumps 2 - 3 seconds. There is still a lot of lag.
Sep 27, 2017, 11:3509/27/17
02/29/16

brunsonthomas said:

Alina Phoenix said:

lanman5297124 said:

Hello.

It is working better but it is still sluggish. An example being the clock counting down the time until the Beacon Massacre jumps 2 - 3 seconds. There is still a lot of lag.

You can try to make our common fixes. I'm sure you remember them, but here goes the list:

- relog in the game.

- clear your browser cookies and cache.

- check your connection speed here: http://www.speedtest.net/

- reinstall your browser, update it to the latest version or try another browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Opera);

- your Flash player may be outdated. You can update it here: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

- install Browsec VPN extension for your browser.

- try to use a different computer or Internet connection to see whether it is your PC or the connection that is causing problems.

If all these steps don't help, please contact our Support Team.

In your request, please indicate which steps from the list above you have already tried and send a screenshot of your FireBug panel: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Oct 2, 2017, 14:5510/02/17
05/28/16

I see that old bug-a-boo "LAGE" is still here and in full form!

It is really frustrating to attempt to build troops and have you game take sometimes whole minutes to accept an input...a simple key stroke...

But that is exactly what is happening here...when I try to build new troops I have to wait sometimes over a full minute for the input to be accepted...Y'all seriously need to fix this!

You might want to also note; that while I'm waiting for your game to accept a single digit, I can see the values of my resources being increased...at a regular pace.

I saw your list of "common" fixes; do you know that some of those items are wholly unacceptable?!!! While others simply won't/can't work?!

Please fix the problem where it lies...in the source code!

Oct 2, 2017, 15:4010/02/17
Oct 2, 2017, 15:43(edited)
04/10/15

Dear Lord

at this moment im not experimenting any kind of lag issues

so, if you have followed steps above and still experiment lag issues, please make a firebug file for firefox or har file for chrome users and send it to support to investigate what is happening at ur end

For Fixefox users: if you are still experiencing difficulties, please consult the following link: http://support.plarium.com/files/pscreen_instruction_en.pdf

Contact support and send a screenshot of your FireBug  https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new they will try to resolve your issue as quickly as possible.

For Chrome users: please follow these steps:

1. Access Chrome -> More Tools -> Developer Tools -- http://screencast.com/t/dXnNlwFTV8y6

2. Access the Network tab -- http://screencast.com/t/rRKZ9T9bsG

3. Try to access the game

4. Right-click on any line and select Save as HAR with content -- http://screencast.com/t/gxsrje20g

5. Input the following command in cmd:

tracert plarium.hs.llnwd.net

Then, take a screenshot of it.

6. Send this information to Support Team at https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

hope you all can solve this problem

Regards

Oct 3, 2017, 14:4110/03/17
05/28/16

So many instructions on how to communicate the problem to the developers...the problem is that this kind of issue can't be c communicated with system files, and diagnostics...they can't "see" the problem.

The problem, the real cause of the latency is the architecture of the game itself, and until that is addressed there is nothing that can be done.

So, are y'all telling us that we have to "live" with a bad design? Here is a thought for y'all, rewrite the game engine in a real language; like "C" either C-Plus or C-Sharp. It will actually be rather easy (except for the libraries) since "Action Script" is a very "C" like language. By doing so y'all will help to insure your own future. In case you haven't noticed..."Flash" is dead, and has been rotting for almost 5 years now...time to get with the program and join the HTML/5.x world.

Anyway, the game is laggy not because of a system, or network issue, but rather because of the very architecture of the game itself...please fix!

Oct 4, 2017, 10:1910/04/17
02/29/16

jims said:

So many instructions on how to communicate the problem to the developers...the problem is that this kind of issue can't be c communicated with system files, and diagnostics...they can't "see" the problem.

The problem, the real cause of the latency is the architecture of the game itself, and until that is addressed there is nothing that can be done.

So, are y'all telling us that we have to "live" with a bad design? Here is a thought for y'all, rewrite the game engine in a real language; like "C" either C-Plus or C-Sharp. It will actually be rather easy (except for the libraries) since "Action Script" is a very "C" like language. By doing so y'all will help to insure your own future. In case you haven't noticed..."Flash" is dead, and has been rotting for almost 5 years now...time to get with the program and join the HTML/5.x world.

Anyway, the game is laggy not because of a system, or network issue, but rather because of the very architecture of the game itself...please fix!

Thanks for your suggestion, JIMS. 

Devs are already working on the game engine, and saying goodbye to Flash is definitely in their plans already :)

Oct 4, 2017, 13:5810/04/17
05/28/16

While it is good to hear that y'all are looking into the future, what I, and I'm sure some others, would like to hear is that you are adequately addressing the current issues.

This issue of lag is old, nearly ancient in software terms, yet you don't seem to have addressed it at all.

Just the other day I was building troops, I wanted to build 30 units of one type, yet, the lag and a bit of inpatients caused me to request 300. The difference in build time is rather large.

Needless to say, IF the system was operating in a reasonable manner, that would not have happened.

Another thing you may want to think about is giving us the ability to edit incomplete build requests.

However, please fix the lag issue first.

Oct 6, 2017, 10:4810/06/17
02/29/16

jims said:

While it is good to hear that y'all are looking into the future, what I, and I'm sure some others, would like to hear is that you are adequately addressing the current issues.

This issue of lag is old, nearly ancient in software terms, yet you don't seem to have addressed it at all.

Just the other day I was building troops, I wanted to build 30 units of one type, yet, the lag and a bit of inpatients caused me to request 300. The difference in build time is rather large.

Needless to say, IF the system was operating in a reasonable manner, that would not have happened.

Another thing you may want to think about is giving us the ability to edit incomplete build requests.

However, please fix the lag issue first.

Hello, JIMS.

Unfortunately, the issue with lags is quite often :( 

There are two sides of this issue, one can come from the server side, another one - from the player side.

To solve this issue globally from the server side, devs should work on the game engine itself (what they're currently doing). 

Also, we should take into account that many factors from the player's side influence the issue with lags as well.

That's why the first, basic recommendations that we give players are clearing browser cache, checking the game in another browser or on another PC, checking Flash settings, the Internet connection, etc.

Oct 7, 2017, 22:4310/07/17
05/28/16

I use a rather simple litmus for such issues; how many sites are affected? You see, IF the lag is on my end everyone will be affected equally. I would also notice that your update; resource amounts, etc. that you update the amount in real time would also be affected.

Typically, you are the only site affected, further, the real time updates you provide are not affected. Logically it is those methods that should have reduced priority, and user input a much higher priority.

Today I was sending a message to a league captain, it was about 400 chars...it took the better part of an hour to type them, all due to latency, lag, in your software.

The latency I am experiencing is not do to any network issues.

Oct 9, 2017, 10:1010/09/17
02/29/16

jims said:

I use a rather simple litmus for such issues; how many sites are affected? You see, IF the lag is on my end everyone will be affected equally. I would also notice that your update; resource amounts, etc. that you update the amount in real time would also be affected.

Typically, you are the only site affected, further, the real time updates you provide are not affected. Logically it is those methods that should have reduced priority, and user input a much higher priority.

Today I was sending a message to a league captain, it was about 400 chars...it took the better part of an hour to type them, all due to latency, lag, in your software.

The latency I am experiencing is not do to any network issues.

Hello, Jims.

> I use a rather simple litmus for such issues; how many sites are affected? 

Connection to different websites goes through different servers and if one site is working fine it doesn't mean that another one is not working only because of the server issues on our end.

As I said, devs are working on the global inprovements on the servers. But still such issues as cache, browser settings and Internet connection should be taken into account while troubleshooting the issue with lags.

Oct 10, 2017, 03:4710/10/17
05/28/16

Just now I was sending a message to a league member; 38 chars took around half an hour...

During that time, while I was waiting on your app, the name of my league was temporarily displayed in a font and color not usually used in messaging.

Again; the latency (lag) issues being experienced here are not network related, nor are they related to your server. The issues are a result of the architecture of the game.

Despite the clumsy and cumbersome nature of the language you had to use, issues like shouldn't be so difficult that it takes months to fix.
Oct 11, 2017, 09:4110/11/17
02/29/16

jims said:

Just now I was sending a message to a league member; 38 chars took around half an hour...

During that time, while I was waiting on your app, the name of my league was temporarily displayed in a font and color not usually used in messaging.

Again; the latency (lag) issues being experienced here are not network related, nor are they related to your server. The issues are a result of the architecture of the game.

Despite the clumsy and cumbersome nature of the language you had to use, issues like shouldn't be so difficult that it takes months to fix.

Hello, Jims.

Devs are working on the global inprovements on the servers, let's wait when they'll finish with this task.

Meanwhile, you can use the general recommendations on how to decrease the number of lags that were given in this thread.

If none of them work, you're welcome to send a .har file to Support team.

Oct 11, 2017, 17:3410/11/17
05/28/16

Again, I only experience latency in VERY specific areas; in game messaging, unit production controls, basically all text input to the game engine exhibits latency, and, the more it is used the greater the latency becomes. Meanwhile, all other interaction between my computer and your server experiences no latency what-so-ever.

And, Again, the problems I see are not in your servers, they are in the architecture of the game engine.

Oh, by the way; did I tell you that I'm a retired Sr. Software Architect with over 45 years experience?

Oct 12, 2017, 09:0210/12/17
02/29/16

jims said:

Again, I only experience latency in VERY specific areas; in game messaging, unit production controls, basically all text input to the game engine exhibits latency, and, the more it is used the greater the latency becomes. Meanwhile, all other interaction between my computer and your server experiences no latency what-so-ever.

And, Again, the problems I see are not in your servers, they are in the architecture of the game engine.

Oh, by the way; did I tell you that I'm a retired Sr. Software Architect with over 45 years experience?

Hello :) 

> did I tell you that I'm a retired Sr. Software Architect with over 45 years experience?

More than once :)

I heard your feedback, and as I said devs are working on the improvements of the server and game performance.

That's their global and major task, so let's wait when they finish and will see the results :)

Oct 12, 2017, 13:2410/12/17
11/08/14
on my side, terrible lag occures with typing only, if i do some actions in game. troops hitting something, returning etc. so problem is refreshing account/castle information. add 1 archer and it takes 6 seconds or so. if no actions with troops, then typing is fine.
Oct 12, 2017, 14:1310/12/17
05/28/16

Ya know, we've been waiting for these fixes (as contrasted with improvements) for something over a year now...ever since I started playing. All I've seen is cosmetic changes, and other things not related to actual game play, nor the efficient operation of an App...just saying.

So if y'all don't want to address the real issues here...I guess I'll just stop spending money on your game...

Bye.

Oct 13, 2017, 10:3310/13/17
02/29/16

jims said:

Ya know, we've been waiting for these fixes (as contrasted with improvements) for something over a year now...ever since I started playing. All I've seen is cosmetic changes, and other things not related to actual game play, nor the efficient operation of an App...just saying.

So if y'all don't want to address the real issues here...I guess I'll just stop spending money on your game...

Bye.

The real issues are being addressed and devs do work on the game performance improvement.

It's not as easy taks as it can seem to be. That's why some time is required for it.

Oct 14, 2017, 14:4810/14/17
05/28/16

Alina Phoenix said:

The real issues are being addressed and devs do work on the game performance improvement.

It's not as easy taks as it can seem to be. That's why some time is required for it.

After nearly 50 years of software design, development...I know precisely how difficult development is...

But, we aren't talking about how difficult the task is, but rather the prioritizing of development tasks. That's where a good architect gets involved...you do have a good architect, right?

The thing is; there are several areas in the game engine that need to be fixed to provide acceptable game play. I should also point out; these areas need fixed before you begin to contemplate porting this engine to another, more extensible, language, and platform.

And, as for "That's why some time is required..." I've not seen any issue with this game that should take more than a week or two. But, I am presuming a reasonably well designed core in your engine I hope I don't presume too much..

Oct 18, 2017, 11:2810/18/17
02/29/16

jims said:

Alina Phoenix said:

After nearly 50 years of software design, development...I know precisely how difficult development is...

But, we aren't talking about how difficult the task is, but rather the prioritizing of development tasks. That's where a good architect gets involved...you do have a good architect, right?

The thing is; there are several areas in the game engine that need to be fixed to provide acceptable game play. I should also point out; these areas need fixed before you begin to contemplate porting this engine to another, more extensible, language, and platform.

And, as for "That's why some time is required..." I've not seen any issue with this game that should take more than a week or two. But, I am presuming a reasonably well designed core in your engine I hope I don't presume too much..

Hello, Jims.

> But, we aren't talking about how difficult the task is, but rather the prioritizing of development tasks. That's where a good architect gets involved...you do have a good architect, right?

Yes, we have good architects, and work on the game improvements is the task with the highest priority at the moment.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and recommendations. It's really interesting to hear the thoughts of a person who has been working in the software development area for so long. But I think that we started to repeat ourselves again and again.

The official position regarding this question was already given several times in this topic. To avoid spamming, this topic is closed.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.