All Categories

RE: EPIC FAIL - ANARCHY

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Apr 1, 2017, 19:0304/01/17
04/07/14

In as much that I would love this to be an April Fool's Prank, sadly it isn't.

As many of you have already seen the forum post from Test in Destiny about Bobthedog's supposed suicide into Destiny's beacon, I've been engaged in an investigation into the situation in the last week and I have been granted permission to post the following conversations:

http://prntscr.com/er8jz1

http://prntscr.com/er8k7q

http://prntscr.com/er8kgi

http://prntscr.com/er8kre

http://prntscr.com/er8lij

This last screenshot has two screenshots in the message, but have been obscured due to having private IP addresses listed.  We've left the first two digits to show the history and as you can see in the next two screenshots, on the date of the incident a different IP was logged into the account and when a search was done on that IP, it turned up in Australia.  

http://prntscr.com/er8sdz

http://prntscr.com/er8v15

My conversation with Bobthedog continues from here:

http://prntscr.com/er8okq

Since then, Plarium has graciously resurrected Bobthedog's legendary troops.

But here is the backstory as told in the conversation between Bobthedog and Nezzo, one of my commanders:

http://prntscr.com/er8q4o

http://prntscr.com/er8qel

http://prntscr.com/er8qns

I'm sure you all can draw your own conclusions from here, but I can honestly say that Anarchy has never had Destiny on our radar and there would be absolutely no benefit to us to lose well over 400 million in offense and defense (nor would we send defense as a softener...  come on).

I can just imagine the replies that are about to come.  Have at 'er guys!

Crusher

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 1, 2017, 19:2104/01/17
Apr 1, 2017, 19:23(edited)

Not sure what happend but giving out login details is stupid, not changing them when going over to the dark side is way past stupid.
I have zero computer skills but even I know that I can change my ip to a diff country to bypass netflix country boundries.

Just saying, not pointing fingers nor trying to excuse what "might" have been done

Apr 1, 2017, 19:5704/01/17
Sad to know that a big player have been wiped out by a former friend...we hardly got any losses, its just sad that people go that low and use very hard life situations to watch 2 leagues fighting....bobthedog has a fualt on this, but we are here to learn, its just another case to prove the golden rule, NTA, Never Trust Anyone!!.
Apr 1, 2017, 20:1104/01/17
Apr 1, 2017, 20:21(edited)
05/10/16
I still dont see any proof its KT, its like Fake news. Show me the IP address and the KT IP address. TheredQueen (bobthedog) told me that she thought it was stewart, but in this conversation she says dread and or stewart. I want plarium to weigh in, they can surely tell where it came from and if they cant then your accusing without proof. So the issue might become, Anarchy accusing KT of wrong doing without facts, and that in itself is another crime. Lets dont forget KT has wiped anarchy off the beacon map 2 times, recently, so if they cant beat KT maybe they slander KT.
Apr 1, 2017, 20:1904/01/17
07/02/15

Wow,

as an ally to Anarchy i am pleased the tragedy it turned out this way.

and much thanks to Sir Crusher for the full story.

and of coarse underlying lesson people you should all know dont trust people that much and always change your password and keep it complex.

@Bobthedog

i am very sorry for your loss in October i wish you and all those affected the best. 

@Crusher 

kindly pass along my note for bobthedog if necessary.
Apr 1, 2017, 20:1904/01/17
05/10/16
Plarium if you got proof positive boot the MFer right now
Apr 1, 2017, 20:2104/01/17
12/18/14

If this is true it is terribly sad that someone would abuse the trust they were given just because bobthedog chose to change leagues

I am sure bobthedog was a team player while in KT and provided defense for the beacons as well as offense for beacon hits - to destroy someone's hard work to build that army is totally and utterly insane - this is a GAME just because someone changes teams does not give anyone the right to destroy their army in that manner

and IF it was KT that did this I suppose you could assume they were afraid bobthedog would offer up offense to hit their beacons 

Apr 1, 2017, 20:2904/01/17
04/07/14
crayzys said:

I still dont see any proof its KT, its like Fake news. Show me the IP address and the KT IP address. TheredQueen (bobthedog) told me that she thought it was stewart, but in this conversation she says dread and or stewart. I want plarium to weigh in, they can surely tell where it came from and if they cant then your accusing without proof. So the issue might become, Anarchy accusing KT of wrong doing without facts, and that in itself is another crime. Lets dont forget KT has wiped anarchy off the beacon map 2 times, recently, so if they cant beat KT maybe they slander KT.
No accusations Crayzys.  I just posted the information that I received.  Due to privacy reasons and forum rules, IP addresses can't be posted here.  Plarium can verify which IP did the deed, but it also states that they won't discuss any details of any investigation.  You seem awfully aggravated by this, but deflecting from the real issue here?  Really?
Apr 1, 2017, 20:3204/01/17
05/10/16
Crusher Ive enjoyed beating your beacons down. I see the seed you plant, trumpisk really, you cant beat KT on the map so youll try and beat KT in the forum, if Plarium has proof, then boot the dirty bassstard. Its a dirty handed thing we all agree including all KT members, we talk about it, everyone agrees. 
Apr 1, 2017, 20:3704/01/17
Apr 1, 2017, 20:49(edited)
05/10/16
another thing of note* Bobthedog (TheredQueen) left KT over DE usage, and left without saying goodbye or trying to make changes with KT Captains and Marshall. She didnt go making a big stink, just left. The point Im making is there was no war or feud in her departure. 
Apr 1, 2017, 20:4704/01/17
Apr 1, 2017, 21:27(edited)
04/07/14
crayzys said:

Crusher Ive enjoyed beating your beacons down. I see the seed you plant, trumpisk really, you cant beat KT on the map so youll try and beat KT in the forum, if Plarium has proof, then boot the dirty bassstard. Its a dirty handed thing we all agree including all KT members, we talk about it, everyone agrees. 
I too have enjoyed beating yours down.  But in the spirit of what you're saying, KT can only beat us on the map during a Massacre, which anyone can beat anyone, but that ends up being lack lustre in the grand scheme of things, but I assure you that your attempt to discredit me or my findings based on the first couple Beacon Massacres is ludicrous.
Apr 1, 2017, 21:4104/01/17
09/29/14

Burden of proof, deflections, and distractions, uh, I think I heard that somewhere.... Let's not lose sight of the greater picture here. Perhaps Plarium has no interest in investigating this. Perhaps the person who did this used a VPN to cover his tracks and we will never know for sure. She shared the details during a very hard time for her so there is a chance she can not quite remember to which of the two that are mentioned she gave them.

Soooooo, in order to not violate any privacy rights by "unmasking" players identities the account of the facts would go something like this: "...it is yet to be established if the login details were disclosed to KTplayer_1 or KTplayer_2, what is confirmed is that they were shared in trust..."

This is not a slander campaign against KT as a league, what I would really like to see is for the person who did that to come out of the woodwork and own it. That was a very low blow, staying in the shadows makes it even lower by forcing the court of public opinion just to flip a coin.

Apr 1, 2017, 21:4904/01/17

Good evening Stormfall,

First and formost, all members of KT are against taking ownership of a castle that isnt their own.
We do not condone what happend to Bob's castle in any way.
Obviously we checked, double checked and triple checked our IP adresses with the one that Crusher send to us, we checked distances we checked areas we checked it all.

Bottem line, with the information we have at this time it wasnt a KT member.
It is as simple as I can put things and we welcome any investigation by Plarium.

We know most if not all leagues are infiltrated so I have no problems including our leaguewide message.
http://prntscr.com/erb32t

Dutch Viking
Captain of Knights Templar's

Apr 1, 2017, 23:4604/01/17
06/29/14

Marcel Stokvis said:

Good evening Stormfall,

First and formost, all members of KT are against taking ownership of a castle that isnt their own.
Obviously we checked, double checked and triple checked our IP adresses with the one that Crusher send to us, we checked distances we checked areas we checked it all.

It is as simple as I can put things and we welcome any investigation by Plarium.

We know most if not all leagues are infiltrated so I have no problems including our leaguewide message.

Dutch Viking

Interesting league-wide...

I must of been out of the game for too long. League messages used to have the title of who sent the message up top and a league emblem to the side of the message - I guess things have changed.

'Tis sad to see that anyone would use someone elses account and wipe out their troops.

Destiny had fun watching the slaughter, if anyone wants to man-up and claim the act, I assume Destiny would be happy to fight with 'em, till then Destiny will probably continue on having fun.

Apr 1, 2017, 23:5504/01/17
Apr 1, 2017, 23:59(edited)
12/18/14

regardless of who did it and why - all I can say is it's just wrong to do that to someone - I have given my information to people if I thought I may not be around "in case" things needed to be done with my defense etc

I trust anyone who had my information and am glad I was in a league that STILL maintains my friendship after leaving

btw if the person you suspect has been in your teamspeak i think you could nail their IP address down from there and compare it
Apr 2, 2017, 00:0904/02/17
04/07/14

Marcel Stokvis said:

Good evening Stormfall,

Dutch Viking

Thank you so much Dutch for taking the time to triple check everything that you have, especially the distances and the areas.  That task must have been pretty daunting.  As it turns out, the IP I provided you traces back to an industrial park just outside of Sydney, Australia, so my guess is that our perp was at work when it happened, and chances are there's no teamspeak there.  But perhaps, Plarium can look into any and all accounts that were logged into from that IP...  not just Bobthedog's?

Although, if you were serious about getting to the bottom of this, placing a gag order on your league probably wouldn't be effective so I'm just going to put it out there that if anyone has anymore information that pertains to this, to please contact me.  Even if an unknown level 1 castle was to message me with anymore details such as workplace info... wink wink...  would be greatly appreciated.

It is my hope that we can keep KT's shiny integrity intact.

Apr 2, 2017, 01:2504/02/17
05/14/16

that's fucked up shit. .its a game people. get a mother fucking grip...

Apr 2, 2017, 04:0004/02/17

Agreed Knightmare. A very low act and a sad day in the history of the Dark Plains. Given troops have been resurrected, I doubt any further action will be taken unless the perpetrator (could be anybody) mans up and faces the music.

In response to Dutch Vikings thorough 'investigation' I just wanted to add some insight into the backwards internet here in Australia, and how easy it is to hide behind the widely used DCHP protocols. Essentially each telco dynamically assigns an IP to an internet session from a range of IP addresses. These ranges are assigned from large centralised exchanges/towers, and Sydney being a big place (pushing 6 million), ranges can be large and cover wide regions. It is therefore possible that an individual IP is assigned to a device (MAC) only once ever, if not rarely. IP checks and lookups are therefore quite useless unless you have the telcos ARP tables. And I don't think they sieve through those for online gamers :-) On top of that, we are heavy users of our HSDPA network which further confuses matters.

So as you can see, without in-depth knowledge of how IP addresses are assigned in Australia (in fact, in individual regions), you will get nowhere. Like I said, ultimately up to the perp to own up in this case.  
Apr 2, 2017, 09:2504/02/17
djmoody said:

Sir Crusher said:

Since then, Plarium has graciously resurrected Bobthedog's legendary troops.

Sorry - but the "reward" for breaking the game rules and account sharing is to have troops revived?

Presumably this is a VIP advantage for spending obscene amounts of money, when the correct response would be to ban the account for quite serious rule breaking (which then has led to waste of Plarium support time, that could have been directed to a player with a real issue). As usual money talks. 

I have zero sympathy for losses due to account sharing. Quite simply, don't give out your account details. If you do and it goes wrong you get what you deserve. 

On a side note I played C&C Tiberium alliances for the last year. They have an in-game substitution feature which allows you to name a substitute. You substitute can log into your game and keep your account ticking if you go on holiday or are away for some reason. They can't do anything major with your account, can't launch any attacks but they can keep it ticking over. This is the kind of thing professional developers do to play their part in avoiding issues like the above. Unfortunately we are with Plarium..... 

Also how does this thread stand? It's OK to slander KT before any definite proof is collected. 

I can't believe the moderation here. Heavy handed to the extreme most of the time and then non existent when it really matters. I have a league mate who posted that many bots are run by criminal organisations - that got deleted because a mod thought it "impinged on the good name or criminal organisations" (yes this really did happen) and yet 2 players in our own game can be freely attacked without solid proof?

So it's OK to post this because "Bobthedog" said it was OK to share their messages despite the fact that it's 2 KT members who are the subject of the discussion and clearly it is them that should have been approached for permission. 

This forum, this game, Plarium all utter jokes. 

Having said that, I enjoyed the intrigue of the post and personally I like reading stuff like this about the major incidence in the game (I'd rather these kinds of things didn't get deleted). But in terms of consistency of approach from Plarium/mods - 0 out of 10.

Couldnt agree more
Apr 2, 2017, 14:0404/02/17
Apr 2, 2017, 16:09(edited)

crayzys said:

Plarium if you got proof positive boot the MFer right now

well the best he can do is send those details and IP address to support 

however she did share her log in info ( so im not sure )

and lets be honest neither Anarchy, destiny or KT wants plarium looking in their accounts ( ALT'S anyone ?? )