All Categories

All talk, no fight

All talk, no fight

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 17, 2016, 01:1409/17/16
10/29/15

All talk, no fight

Quite a lot has been thrown back and forth over that last week or two.  Not a few insults, and quite a lot of screed.  Unreadable screed.  Seems to me that there is a time for talk, and then there is a time when talking is done and you either answer the bell, tow the line and show what you're made of, or you tuck tail and run.

Now if you answer the bell, tow the line and commence the fight, there is honor found in that.  If you tuck tail and run, there isn't any honor in that.  I'll offer the observation that many would agree with; one observes that those that tuck tail and run find it necessary to compensate with yet more talk.  More talk leading to yet more unreadable screed.

Stand and fight.  Or don't.  Today's events record that Destiny fell from their perch atop the league ranking.  Today Emperors gave them a chance to stand and fight.  Destiny chose to tuck tail and run.  Like a whipped cur.  The consequence of their cowardice is their league rank took a tumble.  Their course to remedy the consequence of their flight:  more talk.
Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 17, 2016, 01:2009/17/16
12/18/14

maybe read the other posts before you spout off

we prepared for war and we are not hiding in a lone fortress like Emps 

i believe we took over 24 beacons down last weekend how is that all talk and no fight

Emps just took beacons so few troops on them balur could have taken them
Sep 17, 2016, 01:5009/17/16
Sep 25, 2016, 13:09(edited)
06/29/14

I_Claudio1 said:

Quite a lot has been thrown back and forth over that last week or two.  Not a few insults, and quite a lot of screed.  Unreadable screed.  Seems to me that there is a time for talk, and then there is a time when talking is done and you either answer the bell, tow the line and show what you're made of, or you tuck tail and run.

Now if you answer the bell, tow the line and commence the fight, there is honor found in that.  If you tuck tail and run, there isn't any honor in that.  I'll offer the observation that many would agree with; one observes that those that tuck tail and run find it necessary to compensate with yet more talk.  More talk leading to yet more unreadable screed.

Stand and fight.  Or don't.  Today's events record that Destiny fell from their perch atop the league ranking.  They tucked tail and ran.  The consequence of their cowardice is their league rank took a tumble.  Their course to remedy the consequence of their flight:  more talk.

The only league to tuck "tail and run" is the league on the map without beacons: ******

Destiny is a corner beacon league, we still hold the corner, come and fight, we are still sitting ready to do battle

edited,,,, offensive words

exxxe
Sep 17, 2016, 02:5409/17/16
12/18/14
It appears EMPS is all talk no fight since we have just been informed that Shin has no intention of hitting our two remaining beacons.  Pity they can't fight a real fight.
Sep 17, 2016, 03:0309/17/16
05/10/14

Of course Jez, it's easier to (to paraphrase Shinn) to "smash" smaller leagues and players than it is to fight someone who can fight back.  Easier still when one surrenders ALL their beacons rather than defend them as the rest of us do who honestly play the game the way it was meant to be played.

The downside of all this is that Emps are putting the makers of Whack-A-Mole out of business with all  the money they're spending on stormfall;  no doubt a major trade-imbalance issue that the govt has no clue how to deal with it. 

Ani
Sep 17, 2016, 04:4509/17/16
08/03/14

i think you guys are missing the bigger picture. It's over.  this game has been played and we are now at the end. 

Im not sure where  you guys grew up but.....

Ya'll ever been in a turf fight? an all out gang war?   you ever been the last man standing after a melay?    You stand there, backed into your corner, knife in each hand. Bloody, hunched over. You see the bodies in front of you. You know they are down, but your mind is telling you to keep going.  Your still fighting the fight even though there isnt anyone left to fight.

That's this game right now. 

The Emperors proved that. Beacons are pointless now.  DJMoody pointed out how the scales are tipping to an almost all offensive game. how could we hold beacons anymore?

There was another member who posted a screen shot of all the abandoned beacons on the Kabam server. Its already dead there and the coroner is putting toe tags on. 

We have all seen warning signs coming, plariums schemes for sapphire spending, their attemps to get us to wipe out our armies to spend more to replenish, the new tournaments, capture the flag, etc...

even the community manager has gone quiet the past couple of days. 

instead of bickering over the last two beacons with any defense left in them, lets figure out if there is a new way to play the game now. 

Giving the things i mentioned above, what moves the game forward now? how to we stay involved and engaged adn having fun and not walk away from the years of work most of us have put in here.

instead of arguing over who holds what useless beacon, we need to be figuring out what the f#ck we are gonna do to  hold on to the game. 

Sep 17, 2016, 04:5209/17/16
12/18/14

Emps have been boasting about their pvp play and have been trying to goad us into a war

We are ready we told them to come for us but they only played some meager pvp play with minimal losses on our side

sorry Emps that is not impressive at all

as for being backed in a corner - no we still hold the corner which DEFINES our territory
Sep 17, 2016, 05:4709/17/16
Sep 25, 2016, 13:11(edited)
06/29/14

Speaking of all talk, no fight, that's all Unforgivens have left to do, spam mails:

http://prntscr.com/ciyf05

It literally is the definition of the "all talk, no fight" that Unforgivens /***** have found a new low to call home.

Guess we get to "retaliate" on their sad little level once again since they are too scared to do anything else.

edited,,, you can block the spamming players further more no need for insults 

exxxe
Sep 17, 2016, 05:5309/17/16
12/21/14
IronApex Turok said:

i think you guys are missing the bigger picture. It's over.  this game has been played and we are now at the end. 

Im not sure where  you guys grew up but.....

Ya'll ever been in a turf fight? an all out gang war?   you ever been the last man standing after a melay?    You stand there, backed into your corner, knife in each hand. Bloody, hunched over. You see the bodies in front of you. You know they are down, but your mind is telling you to keep going.  Your still fighting the fight even though there isnt anyone left to fight.

That's this game right now. 

The Emperors proved that. Beacons are pointless now.  DJMoody pointed out how the scales are tipping to an almost all offensive game. how could we hold beacons anymore?

There was another member who posted a screen shot of all the abandoned beacons on the Kabam server. Its already dead there and the coroner is putting toe tags on. 

We have all seen warning signs coming, plariums schemes for sapphire spending, their attemps to get us to wipe out our armies to spend more to replenish, the new tournaments, capture the flag, etc...

even the community manager has gone quiet the past couple of days. 

instead of bickering over the last two beacons with any defense left in them, lets figure out if there is a new way to play the game now. 

Giving the things i mentioned above, what moves the game forward now? how to we stay involved and engaged adn having fun and not walk away from the years of work most of us have put in here.

instead of arguing over who holds what useless beacon, we need to be figuring out what the f#ck we are gonna do to  hold on to the game. 

I reckon you pretty close to the truth there
Sep 17, 2016, 06:1509/17/16
Sep 25, 2016, 13:12(edited)
12/21/14

test said:

I_Claudio1 said:

Stand and fight.  Or don't.  Today's events record that Destiny fell from their perch atop the league ranking.  They tucked tail and ran.  The consequence of their cowardice is their league rank took a tumble.  Their course to remedy the consequence of their flight:  more talk.

The only league to tuck "tail and run" is the league on the map without beacons:  *******

Destiny is a corner beacon league, we still hold the corner, come and fight, we are still sitting ready to do battle.

Come on TEST ******. You had 20+ beacons and you chose to give loads up and move to 9. Lets be honest here, that was a good strategic play. If you didn't do that then we would have dropped all 20+ beacons a while ago. We had to regroup and rethink the best strategy for us. 

Then comes the Flame wars on the forums (which have been good fun) with you wanting us to fight. So the night came and we dropped a load of your beacons. Now you only own the 2 corners beacons and all of a sudden 'Destiny is a corner beacon league'. You were a 20 beacon league, then a 9 and now a 2 corner beacon. What you going to say next?.

At an educated guess I will say you have most of your def in those corners beacons as there wasn't a lot in the others. Admit it or not, you have tried to copy Emps stragey, just in a slightly different way. Pity Artemisia stopped things last night or we would of had a look at what you guys have in there.

We came out and won again. No matter how you look at it we dropped enough of YOUR beacons to claim a victory. You chose not to defend them (god only knows why after giving it large on the forums) and we took em with ease.

We will come for the last 2 soon enough. 

edited ,,,,,,

exxxe

Sep 17, 2016, 06:1709/17/16
12/18/14

just looks to me like Emps is trying to back pedal out of a fight they have been trying to goad us into 

we are sitting here waiting for them but all we are getting is a bunch of spam mail and spam single unit hits now

i guess they ran outta gas on our weak beacons - yes we had weak beacons - we were expecting the hits on us - no surprise to us
Sep 17, 2016, 06:2009/17/16
Sep 17, 2016, 06:21(edited)
10/29/15

Hear, hear Tychi!

Well and truly spoken.  
Sep 17, 2016, 06:2109/17/16
12/21/14

Jezebel said:

Emps have been boasting about their pvp play and have been trying to goad us into a war

We are ready we told them to come for us but they only played some meager pvp play with minimal losses on our side

sorry Emps that is not impressive at all

as for being backed in a corner - no we still hold the corner which DEFINES our territory

Don't please Jez. You have been baiting us to hit your beacons and we did. You should have defended them properly before giving it large on the forums and now we DID come for you and dropped 6-7 beacons!!!.

I've told you before good things come to those who wait. The corner will fall.
Sep 17, 2016, 06:3309/17/16
10/29/15

Jezebel said:

just looks to me like Emps is trying to back pedal out of a fight they have been trying to goad us into 

we are sitting here waiting for them but all we are getting is a bunch of spam mail and spam single unit hits now

i guess they ran outta gas on our weak beacons - yes we had weak beacons - we were expecting the hits on us - no surprise to us

...weak beacons....she says.  Laughable.  The beacons weren't weak, because the beacons were empty.  The beacons were empty because as soon as the first beacon fell Destiny tucked tail and ran away, leaving their beacons empty.  Empty as in abandoned.  As in no one at home because they fled the fight.
Sep 17, 2016, 06:4309/17/16
12/18/14
I_Claudio1 said:

Jezebel said:

...weak beacons....she says.  Laughable.  The beacons weren't weak, because the beacons were empty.  The beacons were empty because as soon as the first beacon fell Destiny tucked tail and ran away, leaving their beacons empty.  Empty as in abandoned.  As in no one at home because they fled the fight.
what's laughable is that you all spent so much time trying to get us to accept the war request that we had time to mobilize our defense and put it where we wanted it, you hit empty beacons - hardly a big achievement on your part
Sep 17, 2016, 07:4609/17/16
Sep 25, 2016, 13:14(edited)
06/29/14

The only thing ******* have done is hit empty beacons and now attempt to clutch at straws and claim some sort of fake "victory".

It's the same strategy Anarchy uses, hitting empty beacons or interfering with transfers, then claiming some sort of "victory" where there is none.

We dropped our second row in one big shot, and we tactially baited******** into hitting weak beacons and we accomplished our goal of wiping out their offense while risking almost no defense.

The only victory that happened today was that we wiped out 50 million of ********* offense by keeping some empty beacons around.

We are still sitting and waiting for you guys to do something other than hit empty beacons and puff your chest.

http://prntscr.com/cizc6h - We have been waiting and will continue to wait for ********S to do something other than run their mouths.

Sep 17, 2016, 07:5109/17/16
06/29/14

I_Claudio1 said:

Jezebel said:

It's like talking to a broken record, you just repeat the same thing after being proven incorrect.

Destiny still has our corner on the map, there is only one league who has dropped all of their beacons and "tucked rail and ran away" and that is the COWARDS.

...we're still waiting with our defense in the front lines ready for battle as we have been since day 1.

The only COWARD that got any sort of points worth mentioning is the person who lost his offense, if that's what you consider "winning" please, continue onward, we will let you have as many "victories" as you can afford, lol.

Sep 17, 2016, 18:1109/17/16

Come on Test. We've spoken in person before I found you to be sound of mind. But his propaganda war of yours is not getting you anywhere. It has always been the likes of yourself, THEFRAY, DJMOODY, JEZEBEL etc dominating discussion in the forums. I'd suggest you spend more time rallying your troops and keeping that flakey coralition of yours together. What you posted just now sounds like the talk of a desperate man

We dropped our second row in one big shot, and we tactially baited COWARDS into hitting weak beacons and we accomplished our goal of wiping out their offense while risking almost no defense.

The only victory that happened today was that we wiped out 50 million of COWARDS offense by keeping some empty beacons around

Now come on. How is this at all relevant? 50 million offense? Brag about it all you want, but very minimal numbers. I wonder where you are shifting your defense to now? It really does not matter. You have shown you true colours, and most of the server is lining up to have a shot.I'm betting all that defence will be in catacombs, or elsewhere with players that have decided they are sick of your BS and pulled beacon D. I just hope your fellow UC members know that they are next in line, once Destiny are wiped of the map. Funny how they all want to claim they are neutral now lol. They are very nervous about being thrown under the bus ;-)

As for your continued use of the term COWARD, this is just childish. We've all got your point! Please show some respect for your adversaries. Otherwise how do you expect to earn mutual respect? BTW I have just logged on now, and notice you have dropped all your beacons to avoid losses. We will see who the real cowards are hey.

Sep 17, 2016, 18:1609/17/16
12/18/14
Trentos said:

Come on Test. We've spoken in person before I found you to be sound of mind. But his propaganda war of yours is not getting you anywhere. It has always been the likes of yourself, THEFRAY, DJMOODY, JEZEBEL etc dominating discussion in the forums. I'd suggest you spend more time rallying your troops and keeping that flakey coralition of yours together. What you posted just now sounds like the talk of a desperate man

We dropped our second row in one big shot, and we tactially baited COWARDS into hitting weak beacons and we accomplished our goal of wiping out their offense while risking almost no defense.

The only victory that happened today was that we wiped out 50 million of COWARDS offense by keeping some empty beacons around

Now come on. How is this at all relevant? 50 million offense? Brag about it all you want, but very minimal numbers. I wonder where you are shifting your defense to now? It really does not matter. You have shown you true colours, and most of the server is lining up to have a shot.I'm betting all that defence will be in catacombs, or elsewhere with players that have decided they are sick of your BS and pulled beacon D. I just hope your fellow UC members know that they are next in line, once Destiny are wiped of the map. Funny how they all want to claim they are neutral now lol. They are very nervous about being thrown under the bus ;-)

As for your continued use of the term COWARD, this is just childish. We've all got your point! Please show some respect for your adversaries. Otherwise how do you expect to earn mutual respect? BTW I have just logged on now, and notice you have dropped all your beacons to avoid losses. We will see who the real cowards are hey.

lol omg how can that even be relevant in this thread when EMPS dropped everything before any of this started?  Who are the cowards?  Our defense is sitting out in the open for all to take a whack at not sitting in a force limit controlled fortress where no one has a hope in hell to cause any serious damage
Sep 17, 2016, 19:1409/17/16

How is this relevant? Well where was your defense? I thought you said you dropped beacons for Balur? I suggest you consult with the big boss before replying with such nonsense.

Don't go crying now that you are copping a dose of your own medicine and leaving your closest allies out to dry. Already seeing them run for the hills. Enough said :-)

Sep 17, 2016, 20:3009/17/16
12/18/14
Trentos said:

How is this relevant? Well where was your defense? I thought you said you dropped beacons for Balur? I suggest you consult with the big boss before replying with such nonsense.

Don't go crying now that you are copping a dose of your own medicine and leaving your closest allies out to dry. Already seeing them run for the hills. Enough said :-)

our defense is on the beacons go check :)