All Categories

Brawl tiers Diamond league too many big leagues

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 27, 2020, 10:0209/27/20
09/25/15

The diamond tier has to many large leagues for the smaller leagues to compete with for the top ten , They are always the same  winners making 4 mil-23mil  

The gold tier ends at 542000 and too low for the smaller leagues with good players . 

Suggestion make a platinum league for the big leagues and use the diamond league for those over 542000  to about  2 mill  this would let them have a shot at being in top  for rewards once in awhile and you could even change those leagues too only top 5  getting rewards if there are to few leagues. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 27, 2020, 12:4009/27/20
02/20/17
I agree with TYRA. It makes smaller leagues throw every second brawl so they can get back down to gold where they have a chance to make a decent showing.
Sep 27, 2020, 14:2009/27/20
Sep 27, 2020, 14:24(edited)
07/10/14

For some reason they changed the number of league in each Tier.

So Platinum was the top 20 leagues from the last brawl, gold was the 21-40 etc etc.

I don't know exactly how many it is now but it seems in the order of 100 leagues get put in Plarium. That means the majority of active leagues are placed in the the same tier.

This did get brought up when it was changed but it seems to be something Plarium don't want to change. Possibly it was about the number of sapphires being given away for relatively low performance (but they could have fixed that by simply changing or removing the level of sapphires in lower tiers without dumping everyone in one tier - which creates other problems).

One thing I will say is that despite everyone being in the same tier, the matching mechanic is skewed in some way so that the top leagues always get the top leagues in the individual match up's, it's not random across the whole set of Platinum leagues.

I know that doesn't fix all your problems but at least it means in the individual match ups, you shouldn't be continually put up against ppl you can't compete against over and over again (you'll get some bad match ups though).

And yeah, to the second post people still do the intentional "yoyoing" between tiers to farm sapphires. So the really samll/new leagues in gold never have a chance of winning because big leagues are intentionally getting demoted to gold each week. They need to expand it further than just last week's performance to maybe an average of last 3-4 events if they want to fix that.

AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 28, 2020, 10:2809/28/20
05/21/19
TYRA said:

The diamond tier has to many large leagues for the smaller leagues to compete with for the top ten , They are always the same  winners making 4 mil-23mil  

The gold tier ends at 542000 and too low for the smaller leagues with good players . 

Suggestion make a platinum league for the big leagues and use the diamond league for those over 542000  to about  2 mill  this would let them have a shot at being in top  for rewards once in awhile and you could even change those leagues too only top 5  getting rewards if there are to few leagues. 

Hello, TYRA! Thanks for your suggestion! I understand your concern here, however, the ranking isn't based on the number of players in the leagues. It's based on your performance. This change could affect the current ranking system, I'm afraid. I do hope for your understanding.  
Sep 28, 2020, 16:4609/28/20
07/10/14

Alina said:

Hello, TYRA! Thanks for your suggestion! I understand your concern here, however, the ranking isn't based on the number of players in the leagues. It's based on your performance. This change could affect the current ranking system, I'm afraid. I do hope for your understanding.  

You misunderstood. He didn't mean "large" in terms of size or league members. He meant large in terms of top of the rankings.  The issue is being in a tier with leagues that have way different levels of resources and ability, so there is no fair competition or hope of winning.

It's all down to the number of leagues you have in each Tier, The more leagues in the tier the more likely it is that you will have leagues that are completely mismatched. And there is an insane degree of difference between the top 100 leagues in a server (even top 5 versus next 5, verus next 20 odd)

Oct 29, 2020, 15:5310/29/20
02/22/16

From what I have been told by those that know. In regards to the 20 leagues per tier in the top of the brawl is this.

"Well, it won't be done. Otherwise, it will completely destory the current matchmaking system  "

I'm sorry if that's not what you want to hear but it seems to be what has been determined by those above my position. 

It could be at the start not as many played the brawl actively so the rankings were not as far reaching but as leauges realized the rewards they were missing by not playing they then started and the overall increased participation required the increase of leagues per tier.

Within a predetermined number of tiers of the event  

AlinaCommunity Manager
Nov 2, 2020, 15:1011/02/20
05/21/19
DJ Moody

Alina said:

You misunderstood. He didn't mean "large" in terms of size or league members. He meant large in terms of top of the rankings.  The issue is being in a tier with leagues that have way different levels of resources and ability, so there is no fair competition or hope of winning.

It's all down to the number of leagues you have in each Tier, The more leagues in the tier the more likely it is that you will have leagues that are completely mismatched. And there is an insane degree of difference between the top 100 leagues in a server (even top 5 versus next 5, verus next 20 odd)

Hi! I see, but there is no exact amount of leagues in each tier. It depends on the total amount of leagues taking part in the tournament and their performance. Cheers!