All Categories

Can Devs make a place where you can restored some, battle reports that got deleted?

Can Devs make a place where you can restored some, battle reports that got deleted?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Aug 20, 2020, 13:2608/20/20
05/07/15

I think it would be helpful, ... i KNOW it would be helpful if people didn't have to say,"I accidentally deleted the report"

it happens for me a lot i like my stuff clean but often do it out of habit and not think about it. How hard would it be to make a type of storage place for them, like the ones that were just made for extra castle decorations... etc.
Views
Comments
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Aug 20, 2020, 22:0308/20/20
Aug 20, 2020, 22:03(edited)
10/04/13
BlackHawk said:

I think it would be helpful, ... i KNOW it would be helpful if people didn't have to say,"I accidentally deleted the report"

it happens for me a lot i like my stuff clean but often do it out of habit and not think about it. How hard would it be to make a type of storage place for them, like the ones that were just made for extra castle decorations... etc.
That's a lot of reports from a lot of players, my guess is it would take up a large amount of storage space and be fairly expensive.  But maybe they'll go for it.  Thread moved to Suggestions area.  
Aug 24, 2020, 12:1808/24/20
08/09/15

BlackHawk said:

ah it happens to me to ! i delete reports after reading .sometime without even wanting too

however bio is is right,this would slow the game

if i may, got a way for that

i attack or mostly defend against so many players so this is what i do 

1.open a desktop (or any directory u like) folder

2.take snapshot of the reports u kill or destroy something in !

3.u can also categorize this snapshots ! u can do this by month or just ur unit kills or the leagues u defend again or attack

for example feb ,jan snapshots

or league 1 ,league 2

we have someone in our league that takes snapshots of every attack report ! this will be helpfull to see in the end of the month or year who was most of a bother to us !

i hope this will be helpful as im just like u.ah i also forget ongoing events like brawl and tower too :p

Aug 27, 2020, 17:1708/27/20
05/07/15

BiohazarD said:

BlackHawk said:

That's a lot of reports from a lot of players, my guess is it would take up a large amount of storage space and be fairly expensive.  But maybe they'll go for it.  Thread moved to Suggestions area.  

Thanks!
Aug 28, 2020, 11:4908/28/20
07/10/14

I thought the same as the guys above when I first saw your post.

For the reports to be recoverable they effectively can't be deleted from the game database, they are just hidden on your screen. That is going to increase server space useage and involve cost. 

So I think it's unlikely to happen but lets not be too negative until a CM posts.

BUT what might work for you which should be eminently doable, is the ability for players to flag a number of reports for non-deletion, i.e. you flag a report, then when you press delete all it won't be deleted and it can't be accidentally deleted. Maybe we could all get to flag up to 10 reports like that (unlimited if we are allowed).

Aug 29, 2020, 02:4208/29/20
08/09/15

DJ Moody said:

I thought the same as the guys above when I first saw your post.

For the reports to be recoverable they effectively can't be deleted from the game database, they are just hidden on your screen. That is going to increase server space useage and involve cost. 

So I think it's unlikely to happen but lets not be too negative until a CM posts.

BUT what might work for you which should be eminently doable, is the ability for players to flag a number of reports for non-deletion, i.e. you flag a report, then when you press delete all it won't be deleted and it can't be accidentally deleted. Maybe we could all get to flag up to 10 reports like that (unlimited if we are allowed).

i asked for extra contact numbers ! costs and works aside ,been told it would slow the game

to be clear this was contacts we raid from,not friend list,so it was rejected.this in fact id like to have

well,as long as it dsnt slow the game !

AlinaCommunity Manager
Sep 1, 2020, 08:4309/01/20
05/21/19
BlackHawk said:

Hello, BlackHawk! Thanks for your idea! I'm afraid other Lords are right. Saving deleted reports will drastically overload the game. In this case, it's not worth it. We do hope for your understanding.