Daily quests revamp

Daily quests revamp

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Feb 24, 2020, 03:3702/24/20
05/15/16

Daily quests revamp

Hi!

My suggestion for consideration - upon logging in for the first time or preferably at a reset, I would suggest adding ALL the quests that are randomly generated. I am not talking about tournaments or challenges. I would like to see the ability to have all the quests available - ie;

- defeat an x level BG 

- defeated 500 power/units at a castle

- liberate a sieged castle 

- beat two battlegrounds

- besiege a castle x level and collect resources

- add the others I'm leaving out, ect

- * include the hamlet quests (optional) *

- defeat a player at a hamlet/hold hamlet/collect x from hamlet

Then players could have 24 hours to complete ALL of them and collect individual rewards and in return for completing 3/5/7/10 (any number) offer an additional bonus. 

Similar to other games (think Playtime - collect rewards) (ect) 

It's very often I will have done my 10 raids and when I get the quest for raiding 50k resources, I am unable to do it due to having used all raids and resulting in a wait. 

I can see how the dev's may not want you to complete quests together by doing 1 objective, but I truthfully feel like this could give players more of a reason to complete all of them if they could visually see them and complete them as they play and not get a random quest. When there is a reward attached to completing all of the objectives or finishing them, players tend to try a little harder to get those rewards - think league tower lvl 100, max rewards from tournaments, ect. This would not force, but allow active players and more casual players a higher chance at rewards in return for more time spent/played. There could also be a "pay to complete" feature similar to the Mareth quests (daily/weekly)

I think the UI change would be fairly simple and by allowing players the option to complete all of the personal quests and possibly receive a reward or some additional experience. 

Hopefully this will be forwarded up :) I understand it is a little long but in essence all I would like to see is the option for individual quests noted above that are separate from any ranking system be bundled together and merged into 1 page/chart to where we could do them all and not have to complete one after the other,

as always thanks for any consideration. 

Views
Comments
Comments
AlinaCommunity Manager
Feb 24, 2020, 11:1902/24/20
05/21/19

zach-rose11 said:

Hi!

My suggestion for consideration - upon logging in for the first time or preferably at a reset, I would suggest adding ALL the quests that are randomly generated. I am not talking about tournaments or challenges. I would like to see the ability to have all the quests available - ie;

- defeat an x level BG 

- defeated 500 power/units at a castle

- liberate a sieged castle 

- beat two battlegrounds

- besiege a castle x level and collect resources

- add the others I'm leaving out, ect

- * include the hamlet quests (optional) *

- defeat a player at a hamlet/hold hamlet/collect x from hamlet

Then players could have 24 hours to complete ALL of them and collect individual rewards and in return for completing 3/5/7/10 (any number) offer an additional bonus. 

Similar to other games (think Playtime - collect rewards) (ect) 

It's very often I will have done my 10 raids and when I get the quest for raiding 50k resources, I am unable to do it due to having used all raids and resulting in a wait. 

I can see how the dev's may not want you to complete quests together by doing 1 objective, but I truthfully feel like this could give players more of a reason to complete all of them if they could visually see them and complete them as they play and not get a random quest. When there is a reward attached to completing all of the objectives or finishing them, players tend to try a little harder to get those rewards - think league tower lvl 100, max rewards from tournaments, ect. This would not force, but allow active players and more casual players a higher chance at rewards in return for more time spent/played. There could also be a "pay to complete" feature similar to the Mareth quests (daily/weekly)

I think the UI change would be fairly simple and by allowing players the option to complete all of the personal quests and possibly receive a reward or some additional experience. 

Hopefully this will be forwarded up :) I understand it is a little long but in essence all I would like to see is the option for individual quests noted above that are separate from any ranking system be bundled together and merged into 1 page/chart to where we could do them all and not have to complete one after the other,

as always thanks for any consideration. 

Hello! That's actually a really interesting suggestion. Let's discuss it a bit more, don't you mind it? Which quests exactly do you mean? These ones -> http://prntscr.com/r6urno Do you want to see them transformed into the quests that players have 24 hours to complete? Or do you want a completely new window with time-limited quests? How do they differ from the Daily Mar'eth Quests? 

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Feb 26, 2020, 03:4802/26/20
05/15/16

Sort of! If you open the tab in the app, and under Personal Events - directly below it - and just to be clear ! Nothing to do / interfere with daily quests/paragon quests/league quests which you can complete (claim all rewards instantly)

There is usually 4

A random quest, generated from a set of already implemented quests - my example below highlights this in the prntscrn url

Capture and hold hamlet x

Defeat a player at a hamlet

Capture and collect Hamlet gold/iron/adamantite/sapphires/food/maerenian (** I would recommend reducing the number for total collection to be dialed back to 1,000-3,000 from 9,000 (This is an usually high number i think for the hamlets**)

Once you do the hamlet quests for that day, they'll dissapear but the first quest which is always random will regenerate. These quests would be really cool to all be merged into a page and let us do them as we play the game - 

i've attached prntscn below of the quests I was referring too

http://prntscr.com/r7pwyp

Do you want to see them transformed into the quests that players have 24 hours to complete?  - Yes, but add every quest all at once, it should (could) be a separate page or make the boxes smaller and add them all, we would keep the hamlet quests the same but add ALL of them to one page, add ALL random quests (BG x 2/Raid X resource/Liberate Castle/ect + hamlet quests all available at ONCE when you log in.This would give players 20-25 additional quests to do and complete at once. As you complete them, they are unreplayable for that day and would reset the following. So more active players would work towards doing them in hopes of getting an award for collecting/completing them all - lines up identical to the current Mar'eth system but it's implemented with the original base quests that we now have.

Or do you want a completely new window with time-limited quests? If able, yes - if not - that's okay too :) would be less cluttered with it in my opinion

How do they differ from the Daily Mar'eth Quests? - significantly different as they do not intercede with each other directly. The reward system is also vastly different. The rewards can include primarily some resources/wisdom/paragon/pikes/crystal coffer/boosts/castle def use item/ whereas Mar'eth quests give (in my opinion) way better rewards and have a built in system to where you can complete all of them for an additional daily reward, and that also works towards a weekly reward and monthly reward. What I think would be a welcomed change is design these quests in line with the Mar'eth quests but incorporate a either daily/weekly/monthly bonus into them (optional).

Players would log in and have the ability to capture multiple hamlets and hold them for x amount of time while raiding other castles and doing BG's and be able to complete the quests all at once instead of having to wait and see if the quest appears. Hamlets would also be more active I think if we had all capture X hamlet and hold instead of just 1. 

This should make a little more sense, i do apologize for the poor grammar. 

AlinaCommunity Manager
Mar 6, 2020, 15:4903/06/20
05/21/19
zach-rose11 said:

Sort of! If you open the tab in the app, and under Personal Events - directly below it - and just to be clear ! Nothing to do / interfere with daily quests/paragon quests/league quests which you can complete (claim all rewards instantly)

There is usually 4

A random quest, generated from a set of already implemented quests - my example below highlights this in the prntscrn url

Capture and hold hamlet x

Defeat a player at a hamlet

Capture and collect Hamlet gold/iron/adamantite/sapphires/food/maerenian (** I would recommend reducing the number for total collection to be dialed back to 1,000-3,000 from 9,000 (This is an usually high number i think for the hamlets**)

Once you do the hamlet quests for that day, they'll dissapear but the first quest which is always random will regenerate. These quests would be really cool to all be merged into a page and let us do them as we play the game - 

i've attached prntscn below of the quests I was referring too

http://prntscr.com/r7pwyp

Do you want to see them transformed into the quests that players have 24 hours to complete?  - Yes, but add every quest all at once, it should (could) be a separate page or make the boxes smaller and add them all, we would keep the hamlet quests the same but add ALL of them to one page, add ALL random quests (BG x 2/Raid X resource/Liberate Castle/ect + hamlet quests all available at ONCE when you log in.This would give players 20-25 additional quests to do and complete at once. As you complete them, they are unreplayable for that day and would reset the following. So more active players would work towards doing them in hopes of getting an award for collecting/completing them all - lines up identical to the current Mar'eth system but it's implemented with the original base quests that we now have.

Or do you want a completely new window with time-limited quests? If able, yes - if not - that's okay too :) would be less cluttered with it in my opinion

How do they differ from the Daily Mar'eth Quests? - significantly different as they do not intercede with each other directly. The reward system is also vastly different. The rewards can include primarily some resources/wisdom/paragon/pikes/crystal coffer/boosts/castle def use item/ whereas Mar'eth quests give (in my opinion) way better rewards and have a built in system to where you can complete all of them for an additional daily reward, and that also works towards a weekly reward and monthly reward. What I think would be a welcomed change is design these quests in line with the Mar'eth quests but incorporate a either daily/weekly/monthly bonus into them (optional).

Players would log in and have the ability to capture multiple hamlets and hold them for x amount of time while raiding other castles and doing BG's and be able to complete the quests all at once instead of having to wait and see if the quest appears. Hamlets would also be more active I think if we had all capture X hamlet and hold instead of just 1. 

This should make a little more sense, i do apologize for the poor grammar. 

Hello! Thanks for your detailed explanation. I've thoroughly read it. Now I need to give it a second thought. But before it, don't you think there're already enough daily tasks in the game? Won't it be too much? Cheers!