All Categories

Lets balance the Hamlet

Lets balance the Hamlet

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Oct 25, 2019, 08:1110/25/19
10/08/19

Lets balance the Hamlet

I'm missing the balance at the hamlets dearly.
The most league's are following the rule that fiefs are free to take but that the base from a player is "tabu"
A fair "gentlemans agreement" I can life with/
However, players that are attacking the hamlets without leaving troops to collect are misusing this "agreement". They are attacking hamlets - just to kill victems troops, hiding in the base and if their victem is taking revange at their base, they are hiding behind their stronger league-members. The "peacefull" player at the hamlet, always lose...

There are players wanting to collect in the hamlets and there are players wanting to attack the hamlets. The attacking players always win. The collecting players always lose.

What I believe is that the hamlet-policy require some changes.

The changes - I believe we need - are next:

Now there are 3 possability's:

Attack Hamlet
Capture Hamlet
Send reïnforcements.

Attack Hamlet has to be removed.

To hostile capture a hamlet, attacked should require at least an equal weight of defensetroops as he send attack troops.

Lets say:

250.000 dps troops to capture;

250.000 def. troops to collect.

The defense troops should be stucked and collecting in the captured hamlet for at least... 30 minutes? Maybe an hour?
With this, their victem has the possability to strike back without violating this "gentlemans agreement".

Supporting responding is welcome :P.

Views
Comments
Comments
AlinaCommunity Manager
Oct 28, 2019, 13:0110/28/19
05/21/19

Sebastiaan Sonneville said:

I'm missing the balance at the hamlets dearly.
The most league's are following the rule that fiefs are free to take but that the base from a player is "tabu"
A fair "gentlemans agreement" I can life with/
However, players that are attacking the hamlets without leaving troops to collect are misusing this "agreement". They are attacking hamlets - just to kill victems troops, hiding in the base and if their victem is taking revange at their base, they are hiding behind their stronger league-members. The "peacefull" player at the hamlet, always lose...

There are players wanting to collect in the hamlets and there are players wanting to attack the hamlets. The attacking players always win. The collecting players always lose.

What I believe is that the hamlet-policy require some changes.

The changes - I believe we need - are next:

Now there are 3 possability's:

Attack Hamlet
Capture Hamlet
Send reïnforcements.

Attack Hamlet has to be removed.

To hostile capture a hamlet, attacked should require at least an equal weight of defensetroops as he send attack troops.

Lets say:

250.000 dps troops to capture;

250.000 def. troops to collect.

The defense troops should be stucked and collecting in the captured hamlet for at least... 30 minutes? Maybe an hour?
With this, their victem has the possability to strike back without violating this "gentlemans agreement".

Supporting responding is welcome :P.

Hello!

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. I am not sure I got it right though. Could you please explain it in more details starting from the point "Attack Hamlet has to be removed"? Thanks in advance!

Oct 29, 2019, 02:3410/29/19
Oct 29, 2019, 02:39(edited)
10/08/19

"Attack Hamlet" is only for killing troops. This option shoiuld be removed.

The only possabilitys at a hamlet should be : "Capture" and "Send reïnforcements".

An (hostile)capture should be implemented through an equal weight of defense troops and attack troops. Are you sending troops with a weight of 100.000 attack points to take over an hamlet, you have to balance it with 100.000 points on defending troops. After capturing, the troops should be locked for a certain period of time (30 or 60 minutes) to farm the hamlet.
No free defeading on defense troops anymore and hiding behind stronger league members. If you hostile take over an hamlet, your own defense troops wil be a target for an hour. Taking over a hamlet wil be at your own risk.
A fair balanced playfield is what left.

At this point I am considdering to leave the game because of cowerly attacks on my hamlets. IThis is frustrating and irritating and a game has to be pleassant to play. I am sure you've lost thousands of players befor me at this exact same hamlet-issue. There must be some balance in a game and at the hamlets/maybe fiefs in general, there is no balancing at all.

AlinaCommunity Manager
Nov 4, 2019, 15:2011/04/19
05/21/19

Sebastiaan Sonneville said:

"Attack Hamlet" is only for killing troops. This option shoiuld be removed.

The only possabilitys at a hamlet should be : "Capture" and "Send reïnforcements".

An (hostile)capture should be implemented through an equal weight of defense troops and attack troops. Are you sending troops with a weight of 100.000 attack points to take over an hamlet, you have to balance it with 100.000 points on defending troops. After capturing, the troops should be locked for a certain period of time (30 or 60 minutes) to farm the hamlet.
No free defeading on defense troops anymore and hiding behind stronger league members. If you hostile take over an hamlet, your own defense troops wil be a target for an hour. Taking over a hamlet wil be at your own risk.
A fair balanced playfield is what left.

At this point I am considdering to leave the game because of cowerly attacks on my hamlets. IThis is frustrating and irritating and a game has to be pleassant to play. I am sure you've lost thousands of players befor me at this exact same hamlet-issue. There must be some balance in a game and at the hamlets/maybe fiefs in general, there is no balancing at all.

Hello!

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. It's an interesting point of view, however, a possibility to attack Hamlets is an essential part of this game feature (Hamlets). Stormfall: Age of War is a war strategy game, so it's supposed to be challenging