Game lag

3 Replies
User
13 July, 2019, 6:50 PM UTC

Just a few suggestions that might help out with the game lag that always seems to occur, especially when the Brawl is on. 

1) When running auto-champs, it would be nice to have the option to hide the back-and-forth icons that appear when your champs are coming and going. They cause a huge amount of lag if they coincide with another report coming in or if you're trying to send a raid or do a bg at the same time. I've been sitting at the game for 30-45 seconds waiting to be able to take my next action just because champs are running. 

2) Remove this message for players who no longer need their training wheels. It's very disruptive and just adds to the slowdown of everything when you're trying to get something done quickly. 

3) Fix the Herald message settings. It creates a huge amount of daily spam mail. No-one needs to get endless reports that someone has spied  / raided one of their allies fiefs. 

Hola!
UTC -12:00
Community Manager
15 July, 2019, 12:24 PM UTC

Limad said:

Just a few suggestions that might help out with the game lag that always seems to occur, especially when the Brawl is on. 

1) When running auto-champs, it would be nice to have the option to hide the back-and-forth icons that appear when your champs are coming and going. They cause a huge amount of lag if they coincide with another report coming in or if you're trying to send a raid or do a bg at the same time. I've been sitting at the game for 30-45 seconds waiting to be able to take my next action just because champs are running. 

2) Remove this message for players who no longer need their training wheels. It's very disruptive and just adds to the slowdown of everything when you're trying to get something done quickly. 

3) Fix the Herald message settings. It creates a huge amount of daily spam mail. No-one needs to get endless reports that someone has spied  / raided one of their allies fiefs. 

Hello!

Thanks for your suggestions! I see your point, of course, however, don't you think that removing so many notifications will make it hard for some players to stay informed about everything? Thanks! 
UTC +3:00
User
15 July, 2019, 6:43 PM UTC

Hi Alina,

Well, for the first suggestion, a new setting could easily solve the problem. 

For the second suggestion, a similar message was recently removed for all players above a certain level (it was a message that popped up when troops were recalled from a castle, a beacon, a fort etc etc) so this message seems pretty similar. It doesn't add anything to the game and just slows things down.

The third issue has been around for years, but it's still a problem - in my opinion. I have the following settings in my herald reports. When I logged in today, I had about 120 reports. 10 of them related to my allies being spied or raided. The other 110 or so messages related to raid / spy reports on my allies sieges - that's a lot of messages being sent to me that I don't want to see, and it's a huge amount of server traffic when you multiply it across the whole game. Maybe a re-think about how the herald settings currently work is needed? Or maybe I'm the only one bothered by this:-)

Hola!
UTC -12:00
Community Manager
19 July, 2019, 1:39 PM UTC

Limad said:

Hi Alina,

Well, for the first suggestion, a new setting could easily solve the problem. 

For the second suggestion, a similar message was recently removed for all players above a certain level (it was a message that popped up when troops were recalled from a castle, a beacon, a fort etc etc) so this message seems pretty similar. It doesn't add anything to the game and just slows things down.

The third issue has been around for years, but it's still a problem - in my opinion. I have the following settings in my herald reports. When I logged in today, I had about 120 reports. 10 of them related to my allies being spied or raided. The other 110 or so messages related to raid / spy reports on my allies sieges - that's a lot of messages being sent to me that I don't want to see, and it's a huge amount of server traffic when you multiply it across the whole game. Maybe a re-think about how the herald settings currently work is needed? Or maybe I'm the only one bothered by this:-)

Hello!

Thanks for your detailed description!

I will forward your suggestions to the devs. Though I'm still not sure if it's a good thing to turn off so many notifications. We'll see what the game team thinks about it. 

Anyway, thank you for your constructive feedback! 
UTC +3:00
6697918 users registered; 104286 topics; 455923 posts; our newest member:Balciar