All Categories

Force Limit Improvement

Force Limit Improvement

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
May 24, 2019, 12:2905/24/19
07/10/14

Force Limit Improvement

Do you think that force limits have had enough time to bed in now that we ask for the obvious improvement to them?

Change the force limit to a flat power based one, rather than a food consumption based one.

To protect from the distortions of uber coining food consumption force limits, had to be set very low. There is no point in having force limits if the uber coiners can throw billions of troops and still kill all beacons.

So we got food based force limit of 150k that mean a full dragon army and coined Grade V could get 1bn offence (if someone coins a gargolye army maybe up to 1.5bn). It's a good compromise that means many leagues now have a beacon game, something for their community to work towards and together on. Co-operative gaming returned to Stormfall.

BUT with the imbalanced in bonuses those without maxed bonuses, Grade V champs and stacks of purchased non food eating eldritch dragons attacking a beacon is now a pipedream. A really strong long term player could muster maybe a 300m attack. Into any sensibly defended beacon that would be suicide, hardly denting it under seige mechanic.

So offence has become utterly pointless for the majority of players. And beacons have been practically invulnerable.

This is not heathy. It is an improvement of the dead game we had where the uber hammers roamed unchecked and ruined the game. But it was not the envisaged end point. It was also intended as the start point, get the ball rolling with Plaruim with something easy to implement and then begin a longer term process of change 

The death of the forum has unwittingly killed that dialogue. I thought I would take the time to post in the hope of rekindling the always intended process. 

Views
Comments
Comments
May 27, 2019, 08:1005/27/19
07/26/15
this suggestion I agree with, my army is made up of the undeads mostly who consume the most food meaning I cant send as much in to attack as an uber coining eldrich dragon/necro army can, I will pass it onto my CM
May 29, 2019, 16:5605/29/19
07/10/14

Personally I would stick to pretty much what it is now.

I would put the power limit at 1bn. The 150k force limit allows an uber coiner to put together a 1bn hit.

It means pretty much most fights on beacons will lead to roughly equal losses. So if people really want to take down a beacon they can, they just have to be happy to lose the same as the defender. 

Only when def at beacon goes above 4bn will the 1bn hammer start to take significantly more losses than the defenders. And the 1bn still takes equal losses in smaller fights down to about a 250-300m beacon.