All Categories

League section of Forum

League section of Forum

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Feb 21, 2019, 08:3902/21/19
09/29/16

League section of Forum

Doomie has stopped dissing KT and KT is no longer biting back. That spells the end to the League section as we know it - for now.

Sad as that may be - as that is all that made peeps go to that section to read, causing popcorn sales to skyrocket - we really need a DECENT Leagues section on the Forum.

So much has been said about the game dying. And for a semi-old noob, I feel it too. It is getting dang hard to recruit good players and even harder to build up a league from scratch - albeit not impossible. See Scarecrow.

Yet even after the "Purge" there are still hordes of new leagues jumping up all over stocked with littles and run by littles. There are still bunches of new baby castles born every day.

But most don't make it past diaper stage. More than half are alts of those here already. Some or more may be players testing the waters from other servers or Plarium games. But there are still real new bloods.

We need a revamp of the Forum section - which I know is underway - but I would like to suggest a NEW Leagues section that is way more prominently displayed.

At present "Video" with 52 topics and 151 posts is almost right at the top. I've never watched a video there. Who else has?

"Player Gatherings"  with 27 topics and 191 posts is above "Leagues" which has multiple that in topics/posts.

And with every mid to top league being INTERNATIONAL, what on earth is the purpose of Player Gatherings? Move that right down to the basement for Balur's sake. We need Alina paying attention to what matters; not having to arrange a player gathering in some town of 200 peeps somewhere.

Ok, I'm explaining to much. My suggestion:

Move Leagues section to INSIDE "Game Discussion".

Get rid of all that clutter that hardly anyone reads anymore - or ever - and put the League's section up there where the majority of players go to see what and how and why.

Promote the Leagues section as somewhere that Marshals and Captains can VERY CREATIVELY SELL their leagues to noobs and old farts alike. Not just get into a p*****ing match with each other like a bunch of kids in a sandbox. 

Lastly, when any noob joins the game and when they get the prompt to join a league, encourage them - in that prompt - to visit this section of Forum to find a league they like. Any real green noob has NO clue who and what is a good league. Sheesh, my first league was One Knight Stand. I realized soon I was IT and bolted after 3 days, but luckily(?) stayed in game. 

We need to sell ourselves to them. And we need somewhere to be able to do that where they would actually come and look. 

We really need to KEEP THE NOOBS IN THE GAME.

Oh, and that would increase Forum use by a huge degree also. Game balance.

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 21, 2019, 13:1002/21/19
Feb 21, 2019, 13:10(edited)
02/22/16
I find that as far as what people do and don't use  you don't find out until you remove it then All Hell breaks loose. If you start removing sections of the Forum  you will find that people will complain.
Feb 21, 2019, 14:3202/21/19
02/29/16

Hello!

You're right, the Forum redesign is coming. Once it's done, it will be even easier to create a separate thread for Leagues recruiting.

Meanwhile, I will make a separate topic for it in the Game Discussion Thread.

Feb 21, 2019, 14:5602/21/19
09/29/16

Thank you! 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.