All Categories

Marshall change due to inactivity

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jan 22, 2019, 01:2601/22/19
09/29/14

It would be nice to have an indicator of some kind that would allow leagues of Marshall changes due to inactivity. 

Sometimes that is the only person of that league that you have even communicated with.
Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 23, 2019, 11:4901/23/19
07/26/15
Hi there Ken3 F1 do you mean league members would like notification in advance from the game of when Marshal seat is to change hands?
Jan 23, 2019, 16:0201/23/19
09/29/14

Hello Christine, 

Not really where I was going with this. 

It seems that there have already been Marshall changes and league collapses all over the map in other leagues. My thought is to be able to reach out to those players whose leagues are colapsing before it occurs or at least after it has happened. Maybe a notifier in the league chat area to all leagues so active players can be recruited into healthy leagues. 

We are trying to help this game survive just a little longer so the new members coming into the game which seems to have just been boosted and retaining players would help. 

Jan 23, 2019, 23:4401/23/19
07/26/15
Hi there Ken3 F1, untill this gets looked into by Plarium, you can always do what  I have seen others do on my server is they post in the ingame council chat their league name, co ords for contact to get into league and say they are recruiting new players, i will pass your idea onto my CM 
Jan 24, 2019, 13:0101/24/19
02/29/16

Hello!

Though I understand the main idea of this suggestion, I don't think it will be really useful.

For example, a League is dismissed and what next? Do you want to have information about all players who were members of it posted in the chat?

Or do you want a message like "League1 was dismissed due to inactivity". This kind of information won't give you any use as you don't know who exactly were the members of this League.

I guess that the better option is for League who are recruiting new players, inform about it either in the in-game chat, or on Forum.
Feb 12, 2019, 01:0002/12/19
09/29/16

I think I understand what Ken is getting at. And it has merit, though it would be really hard to implement, but seriously needs more discussion.

I am trying to run a half dead 5yo league that was almost deleted at the turn of the year, and desperately trying to recruit and keep this league alive, so yeah, I get it from both sides.

Correct me if I am wrong, Ken. But your suggestion entails advance public announcement when a league goes into 3 week probation due to inactive marshal and league activity falls below 60%? Then other leagues may try to recruit their leftovers.

My first reaction was "Hell no!". Those poor members will be spammed to hell and back by every league from Dom down to the fake Knights of Camelots. lol

Posting in regional chat or forum as Christine and Alina suggested has virtually no use either. I've tried both at length.

However, Ken's post deserves looking into and maybe more brainstorming. As he said, the game is stagnant. We all know that. Recruiting from new baby bubbles just gets you 99% alts. There is hardly any new blood coming in. So, we need to keep the players already here in leagues that will look after them before they give up.

I do not have an answer, but I would like to see this thread not closed and hopefully some brainstorming can be on the menu.

Feb 12, 2019, 02:0502/12/19
09/29/16

Brainstorming session 1:

1. Get rid of all the outdated pinned topics under "Game Discussion". They are seriously so last decade and not of use to most for daily game play. Peeps can use the search function to find them if needed.

2. Add a "Join my league" thread and pin it. Do a decent first post that will entice people to read the thread. Nobody goes to league section anymore except when Doomie is posting. And then popcorn sales go through the roof. 

3. Encourage league marshals to SELL THEIR LEAGUE properly. Not just say "Hey come join my league".

4. Train ALL mods properly to make people feel encouraged to use the forum. They are representatives of Plarium. Customer Service Reps at that.

(PS: Please add Plarium to forum spell-check.)

Feb 12, 2019, 12:2702/12/19
Feb 12, 2019, 12:44(edited)
12/13/14

Dead leagues with dead marshals have no value to anyone, and active leagues can easily replace a dead marshal, so the main problem repairs itself automatically ... except we have already seen examples where a dead marshal has been auto-replaced by a semi-active captain, so the league was dismissed anyway
Better if an active captain could DEMOTE a dead marshal in an emergency

Enthusiastic refugees from disbanded leagues can easily find new active leagues so no problem here either

The biggest problem is where a few active players are stuck in a league with a marshal who doesn't care - this seems to be the fate of most new players, but I see no mechanism that can help them ... nor am I certain we should try

I still think we should have a mechanism to MERGE 2 leagues, but that is complex

p.s. I think the spell checker is part of our browsers, not forum

Feb 13, 2019, 02:1102/13/19
09/29/16

LOL Snowgoon,

You have described my current game life to a T. 

I wish there were a mechanism to deal with this issue as you mentioned in the two extracts below, but I guess the only solution would be to run for the hills. Anything else is just a can of worms.

I would still say the recruiting problem is at the core of OP's original suggestion though. League section as it is now gets hardly any exposure except anything related to KT vs Dom. Even when you try to get a tad creative as I had been, views are still minimal. The average Joe doesn't bother to look there. There should be a separate thread somewhere - as in main Game discussion area - where marshals and captains can actively and very creatively sell their leagues. But as I said, right now there are too many redundant pinned posts.

(Oops on spell-check. My bad )

Snowgoon said:

... except we have already seen examples where a dead marshal has been auto-replaced by a semi-active captain, ….

…. The biggest problem is where a few active players are stuck in a league with a marshal who doesn't care - this seems to be the fate of most new players,  ….

Feb 21, 2019, 14:3002/21/19
02/29/16

Jaywalker said:

Brainstorming session 1:

1. Get rid of all the outdated pinned topics under "Game Discussion". They are seriously so last decade and not of use to most for daily game play. Peeps can use the search function to find them if needed.

2. Add a "Join my league" thread and pin it. Do a decent first post that will entice people to read the thread. Nobody goes to league section anymore except when Doomie is posting. And then popcorn sales go through the roof. 

3. Encourage league marshals to SELL THEIR LEAGUE properly. Not just say "Hey come join my league".

4. Train ALL mods properly to make people feel encouraged to use the forum. They are representatives of Plarium. Customer Service Reps at that.

(PS: Please add Plarium to forum spell-check.)

Hello!

I will try to deal with the League Topic till the end of next week.

Will see how it will help in hiring new players to the Leagues.

Feb 21, 2019, 15:0902/21/19
09/29/16
Thank you again, Alina :)
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.