All Categories

THE LOST JEWELER'S HAMLET

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 9, 2019, 02:1809/09/19
01/28/15

I'd spent the night with friends, shaving the eyebrows off dwarfs, mixing the course hair with gobs of tar then lighting and rolling the burning pitch into Balur's chasm. It was early morning when I staggered home  and stumbled across the dark and sagging Pumpkin Patch Castle. It appeared as if the once grand and mighty gourds had been half-eaten then abandoned on a vacant lot sometime after the last maintenance shutdown.

I didn't know the pretty face at the window belonged to a witch until after I climbed the tower and she turned me into a frog. Dang! There went my plans to seduce a Succubus. "I want you to bring me the location of the Lost Jeweler's Hamlet" she wrapped clawed fingers around my throat.

I choked then laughed. "Everyone knows that Fairy Tale! Supposedly, a Plarium programmer loaded a treasure house on wheels with more than ten million sapphires and then was interrupted by a phone message. After he finished texting with his pregnant Ogre girlfriend, he couldn't remember where on the map he'd placed the darn hamlet. Plarium was of course furious at losing such a large amount of virtual assets and the programmer was fired. Some say he now works part time poisoning the wine in enemy cellars. Due to a rare and unusual programming glitch the famous hamlet appears on the map for just ninety seconds in a remote location exactly sixty-six minutes after each weekly League Brawl ends." I laughed again. "It is said that the lucky player who discovers the Lost Jeweler's Hamlet will have access to a vast and intoxicating fortune ... without fear of being raided."

"If you want this fairy tale to have a happy ending ..." The witch licked one of my twitching legs. "Then bring me the black code-book buried in the far corner of Oberon's catacombs!"

She flung me out the tower window. "Hop to it!" she screeched.

I smiled as I crawled from the moat and zapped a fly with my new remarkable tongue. Now all I had to do was find Oberon's castle.

TO BE CONTINUED ...
Views
Comments