Get a chance to win 10,000 Sapphires!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Lord OberonCharacter
Feb 7, 2017, 17:1202/07/17
01/06/15

Share your tips for winning at Battlegrounds and get a chance to win 10,000 Sapphires!

Do you have some sound advice on how to always be successful at Battlegrounds? Perhaps you have a tried-and-true strategy you are willing to share. Go ahead and do so in the comments below! The author of the most useful tip will get 10,000 Sapphires! In addition, our Community Managers will contact the winner for an interview that will then be published on our Blog on plarium.com!

Leave a comment if you have something to say about Battlegrounds!

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 7, 2017, 19:5002/07/17
07/02/15
Just hit them with what you got. you can apply bonuses and test if you want. but dont worry about losses they should come back later in large numbers.
Feb 8, 2017, 04:5802/08/17
07/12/14

Lord Oberon,

Are you asking because you don't know how to them.?

you will have to offer me more than 10k saphires to get my advise. here have some cake     

Feb 9, 2017, 20:3902/09/17
12/16/16
Just send attack/defense troops depending the type of Battleground.... the battlegrounds with lowest levels can be attacked at the same time with small number of troops..... 
Feb 10, 2017, 11:1802/10/17
Feb 10, 2017, 11:19(edited)
10/31/14

You will need

• Complex worksheet at excel online
  • BG calculator window opened
  • 25 000 saphires
  • 2 million defence, half part cavalry, 1/4 part infantry rest occult % beast
  • 2 million offence half part beast, half part infantry

Method

=send out scouts starting with offence bg

=report the best units to send per battleground using a BG calculator in spreadsheet

Should you be looking for experience, activate all boost, should you be looking to exchange units you might want to grab a bank calculator at BG infestation

hit BG starting from those rich in infantry ending with those rich with beast. during a 75% discount.

Feb 11, 2017, 12:2102/11/17
Make friends. Its a game, sending weird threatening messages, cackling manically over raiding someone is ridiculous. Make friends, and keep friends, just because someone switches leagues is no reason to stop sending lifelines or helping them - leagues all have size limits but you can hang on to friends as they move around the game and as real life has them play less - they come back and join new leagues. Don't drop all of your friends just because you may switch to a new league. Pass on help, pass on tips and if you see players making a rookie mistake sent them a message with some hits on how to minimize their losses or maximize their reward. If someone does this for you say 'thank you' and pay it forward.
Feb 11, 2017, 16:5302/11/17

Hello all,

I use the calculate method to know what type of troops that i must use to win with small loses.

http://stormfall.enjoy-wap.ro/stormfall-offense.html

I send in this case small and big troops.

I activate bonus Offense/Defense Enhancer and i activate paragon to win some force in my attacks.

I activate bonus in Temple of War.

Finally i activate the best crystals in Sanctum of Shards.

Good game for all.

Feb 11, 2017, 17:0802/11/17
04/17/16
In offensive BGs I first send a pikeman to see what Balur has in store. After the pike hits, I see what the least amount he has is then send the most to whatever 2 least of what Balur has making sure I put at least ooo to the thousands behind what level it is I'm battling. For defensive BGs I send an archer to see what Balur has in store. After the archer is killed like a pike in offense BG I look at the battle report then send most of same units Balur has sometimes the top 2 of what Balur has the most of
Feb 11, 2017, 19:0502/11/17
02/26/16

A good advice would be to take advantage of the offers

Feb 13, 2017, 02:0302/13/17

My advice, make as many friends and allies that you can.

I was under siege by an enemy and I gave a shout out to all my allies who lent me extra troops.

Works every time.

Redd
Feb 13, 2017, 14:5402/13/17
03/01/16
It's nice to see you're using different tips, Lords and Ladies! 
Feb 13, 2017, 16:0402/13/17
Join a league and treat them like family, after all they are, in the game.  They'll be there to offer hints, help and back-up when you need it.  Also, research troop upgrades whenever possible, the stronger they are the less you lose in battle.
Feb 14, 2017, 08:3802/14/17
08/01/16
wow
Feb 14, 2017, 12:5402/14/17
Attack and then assault.
Feb 15, 2017, 00:4702/15/17
JUST DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Feb 15, 2017, 22:4002/15/17
07/03/15

I do not attack the high ones.

I play the long game and just pick off the low end few battlegrounds where I lose few or no troops.

The  level 3-10 maybe as high as 15 I attack with my free skeletons from the crypt so it costs nothing, restock and come back again if I haven't won the battle next day or the day after that..( so build up as many skeletons as you can as quickly as you can)

If I am fighting someone else with boosts and the fight is over I will attack battlegrounds while I have the extra bonus more aggressively figuring if I have a 20% boost to attack / defend I am saving that amount on every attack. I only use infantry or cavalry for attacks as I usually receive high occult or Beast in return that I stockpile for player battles. Lower are fast to generate so I never use beasts as sometimes even on a low level 8 battleground I have lost a dragon(s)  against very few battleground demons so I stopped using them.

This is a good strategy for beginner players to level 40 as you may not have advanced enough to be even able to generate beasts so this way you can get them for free. But I would then not use them in battles with players as without the lost arts improvements, you will just be throwing them away against more advanced players.

If I have lots of attack /defend spells in use, like  20% unit defense bonuses and 10-20% dragon unit defense bonuses I will use all my built up cavalry/infantry and maybe even some occult to get the most out of using my bonuses until I have nothing left in those two categories.

I will fight with whatever is my highest rated defender or attacker, so if my pathfinder has the most advanced lost arts level/highest attack rating, I use and generate only that one troop to use. I also max out only one infantry ( one in defense, one in offense)  so I can have a strong attack or defense as early in the game as possible rather then improving all the infantry to their max wich takes forever. Even at my current 70's level there are many cavalry and infantry and occult I have not improved at all as I only max out one of the many offered in each category.

That's how I do it anyway, hope it helps you stay strong, E.

Feb 16, 2017, 05:2502/16/17
12/09/16
The first thing you need to do  is spy your enemy to see what does he had and then send you unite to him but you haft to be careful che the league how. Many they are because if you raid one of them they all going to raid you back and what level he is and prepare your def on your castles for 
Feb 16, 2017, 05:5102/16/17
Feb 28, 2017, 05:16(edited)
11/08/16

1. BEFORE YOU ATTACK YOU MUST SEND A PIKEMAN TO SEE WHAT BALUR HAS FOR YOU.

2. In terms of amount of defense or attack of balur's units you need to find the type unit that the enemy had the least defense for, I witness that Infantry often works well for it, as Balur has four types of units, each is good at defending a certain type like cavalry, Infantry, Occult and Bestiary. I find that Infantry works best because the highest defense against infantry is 60, compared to 130 for the occult. Find the best unit type and proceed with more of that type than any other type.

3.Optional: if you want very accurate calculations, get a calculator and a notebook, write down the number of units Balur has(look at step 1) and Multiply the defense of each unit type by the number of units Balur has, do this to all the four types and then add the defenses together, so you get four rows and two columns, place the unit type in one of the columns and the Defence in the other column. With a unit type and the Total defense, then find the unit type that Balur has the lowest defense for, that's the unit type you choose, send most to all of that type of unit, and voila!!!

You got a victory report waiting for your inspection.

IMPORTANT: Read all the sections in this post to fully understand, and take advantage of what I have said.

What I realized:

I have witnessed many times where quite a big number of my griffins have died in a level x battleground, but when you attack high level battlegrounds like a level x+20, there are loses but not as much, if you compare the enemy units in each battleground with the stuff gained, you see that you gain more overall with high level grounds. 

I have noticed that in higher level battlegrounds it is very beneficial for a player to have a ton of units rather than have powerful units,when you use the most basic units like the paladin and pikemen for offense and The dwarf and Archer for defence. You use a low train time, low cost, and highly efficient units. It can counter battlegrounds with high numbers of units.

When fighting defense battlegrounds it generally gives you more units than if you play offense, it helps when you are short on units and want to gain some more.

Higher level battlegrounds give you MUCH more units, so just attacking low level battlegrounds will make you lose more than you gain while the higher level ones are pretty much a gamble so you either win lots of units, or you lose a ton.

What you use High offensive units for:

The high defensive and offensive are best for defending a castle or attacking a opponent with other high damage units. The carrying capacity on those troops like wyverns tend to be high and therefore best used for castle raids(battlegrounds do not give you a significant amount of resources). 

General strategies:

Try to join a league and have them become friends, after you can let them manage the defense in your castle and you can use all your own defensive units for the battlegrounds.

When you join a league, if they are big and good, then you should be able to get a 3 wyverns every 24 hours, so offense is the way to go if you want to get into higher level battlegrounds and so you can progress quickly.

Hope my advice helps 
Feb 16, 2017, 18:0402/16/17
Make sure you put as much defense as offense on the battlefield
Feb 16, 2017, 18:5802/16/17
03/22/16
oinkerspeters said:

Make sure you put as much defense as offense on the battlefield
Why? 
Feb 16, 2017, 19:1402/16/17
Feb 16, 2017, 19:16(edited)

1) dump low tier units and change to higher tier

2) earn experience, skull runes and tournament points ( if one is running ) 

3) you won't lose 100% of units inputted due to unit payouts 

4) earn extra rewards from tournaments as well as ranking points 

This is what battlegrounds are all about 

Its not about making your army bigger It WONT

If you want to win playing battlegrounds then understand the 4 mentioned benefits 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.