Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 31, 2018, 14:5601/31/18
01/06/15

Paragon Bonus Update

Paragon Bonus Update

Lords and Ladies,

Good news – Paragon Bonuses are now more powerful than ever.

You are probably aware that activating your Paragon Status at Level 11 and above currently allows you to boost a larger part of all Construction and Lost Art processes for free. At Level 15, you are able to skip the last 30 minutes of these processes.

We are pleased to announce that this mechanic has been extended to include Dragon Arts and Hero Equipment (selling and upgrading) as well.

Use this update to speed up development at your Castle.

Lord Oberon

Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 31, 2018, 21:4901/31/18
01/15/15
AWESOME
Feb 1, 2018, 16:2102/01/18
02/29/16
flyer42 said:

AWESOME
Happy to hear you liked it 
Feb 5, 2018, 10:5902/05/18
02/29/16

Limad said:

Lord Oberon said:

Paragon Bonus Update

Lords and Ladies,

Good news – Paragon Bonuses are now more powerful than ever.

You are probably aware that activating your Paragon Status at Level 11 and above currently allows you to boost a larger part of all Construction and Lost Art processes for free. At Level 15, you are able to skip the last 30 minutes of these processes.

We are pleased to announce that this mechanic has been extended to include Dragon Arts and Hero Equipment (selling and upgrading) as well.

Use this update to speed up development at your Castle.

Lord Oberon

Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

Haha, really? By LVL 15, if you haven't already already maxed all the buildings and lost arts to the highest level that you're going to take them, the 30 mins off at the end is worthless. LVL 25 farms. 23 days, 1 hour. 25 mins. So If i made sure to remember to be logged in 23 days and 54 mins from now, I could shave off a precious 30 mins? Wow, that so generous. Same with Dragon arts, by LVL 15 you'll already have maxed all the ones that are relevant to your game-style. You may not even bother doing them anymore. I guess it could be slightly useful for selling Hero gear, but not really if your bg level is high and you're selling gear that takes 15+ hours to sell. If it was a flat % reduction time, it'd still be "meh". But needing to be online to save 30 mins for something that you might have started upto a month ago is nuts. Oh, and as a final thought, it was a nice touch that you couldn't even be bothered to take a screenshot from the Test environment in order to show the correct message. 

Hello.

These are only a couple of the Bonuses that give the new Paragon Levels and for some players, they can be really useful.

If you don't need them, then you can take advantages of other Bonuses :)

Feb 9, 2018, 21:1902/09/18
thqnk you
Feb 12, 2018, 10:4402/12/18
02/29/16
alhabibhamoud said:

thqnk you
Welcome to the Forum 
Apr 9, 2018, 08:4104/09/18
10/11/16

I think the 25% DEFF boost while Defending your Castle is very usefull.

And, should the Day of the Beacon return, then the 7% OFF Boost will be very handy.

All in all, if used properly, there are some significant gains here.
Apr 10, 2018, 13:0104/10/18
02/29/16
slhgranton said:

And, should the Day of the Beacon return, then the 7% OFF Boost will be very handy.

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback :) 
Apr 11, 2018, 01:5404/11/18
08/21/14
slhgranton said:

If the devs would restore the original Paragon consecutive log in bonus, I'd be more impressed with the extra levels, as then I might actually see level 15 before SF is ruled by Balur....a day that may come quite soon, thanks to Balur's alliance with the Hammers, and negating any need for Plarium to move SF off the doomed Adobe.
Apr 11, 2018, 12:2104/11/18
02/29/16

Aegon Targaryen said:

slhgranton said:

If the devs would restore the original Paragon consecutive log in bonus, I'd be more impressed with the extra levels, as then I might actually see level 15 before SF is ruled by Balur....a day that may come quite soon, thanks to Balur's alliance with the Hammers, and negating any need for Plarium to move SF off the doomed Adobe.

My Lord, can you please clarify what exactly Bonus you mean as now you still receive the Bonus for everyday login to the game.

As for the move from Adobe to another engine, we don't negate it at all and it's one of the most important and high priority tasks our devs are working on at the moment. 

This move has already started on Sparta servers and devs  plan to move Stormfall after it :)
Apr 12, 2018, 05:0704/12/18
08/21/14

Originally, the Paragon points awarded for consecutive daily log ins were much higher.  I don't remember the amounts, but the difference between then and now is quite a bit.  There were double digit paragon points awarded just for the log in.  While they may not have been awarded for any other reason ( I do not remember), it didn't matter, since simply logging in every day gave plenty...as long as you didn't miss a day and had to start over again.

Balur's alliance with the Hammers have destroyed the beacons with the Forts right behind it.  As of now, Balur is in charge of Stormfall.  The Sun is getting dimmer and the beacons can not be lit.  Stormfall will soon be in permanent darkness.  I'm simply stating that this could happen soon enough to negate the need for Plarium to bother with the move off Adobe, as the game will be dead long before Adobe is gone.

The high priority should be balance, not a new engine.  If too many players leave while the devs prioritize the new engine instead of balance and Hammer removal, the devs will have simply wasted their time, as their shiny new engine will go unused.

Fix the game first, and then see if moving it is worth the effort. 

Apr 12, 2018, 09:4904/12/18
02/29/16

Aegon Targaryen said:

Originally, the Paragon points awarded for consecutive daily log ins were much higher.  I don't remember the amounts, but the difference between then and now is quite a bit.  There were double digit paragon points awarded just for the log in.  While they may not have been awarded for any other reason ( I do not remember), it didn't matter, since simply logging in every day gave plenty...as long as you didn't miss a day and had to start over again.

Balur's alliance with the Hammers have destroyed the beacons with the Forts right behind it.  As of now, Balur is in charge of Stormfall.  The Sun is getting dimmer and the beacons can not be lit.  Stormfall will soon be in permanent darkness.  I'm simply stating that this could happen soon enough to negate the need for Plarium to bother with the move off Adobe, as the game will be dead long before Adobe is gone.

The high priority should be balance, not a new engine.  If too many players leave while the devs prioritize the new engine instead of balance and Hammer removal, the devs will have simply wasted their time, as their shiny new engine will go unused.

Fix the game first, and then see if moving it is worth the effort. 

My Lord, at the moment, you have many other ways to receive Paragon Points as a reward. 

Regarding the Reward for the daily login, devs are testing the new loyalty program that has higher reward and more valuable Items/Units/ Resources.

As I said, the new engine is only one of the most important and high priority tasks our devs are working on at the moment. Another task is adding improvements to Beacons and League Fortresses features :)

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions regarding these questions!

Apr 13, 2018, 02:3604/13/18
08/21/14

I agree there are many other ways to get Paragon points, but they are still very small compared to what the Paragon log in bonus used to give.  Just to be clear,  I'm not talking about the daily loyalty roll.  I'm talking about that 2nd number from the bottom left on the Paragon page.  The first number shows how many consecutive days you've logged in, and the 2nd number shows the number of Paragon points you received just for logging in.

Even after a few consecutive weeks, I'm only at 5 pts.   It used to be 21 pts a day after just 2 weeks or so if I remember correctly.   Right now, even with the various ways to earn them, I don't see reaching level 15 before the game is done.   That is what I meant when I said I'm not impressed with the level 15 defensive bonuses, as most players will never see them, unless they were already level 10 before the nerf to the consecutive day paragon point reward, and have played consistently since then.

I'm hoping for the best on the beacon and fort game, but I believe the root cause is unlimited troops and offense/defense imbalance.  If the devs do not fix that, anything else isn't going to help much.

Apr 13, 2018, 05:4904/13/18

That's my current one, and I vaguely remember when the points for login were greater, which shouldn't of been changed. I feel I, and everybody else who has faithfully logged daily, deserve SOMETHING for a long, unbroken run. *squints*
Apr 13, 2018, 08:5804/13/18
02/29/16

Aegon Targaryen said:

I agree there are many other ways to get Paragon points, but they are still very small compared to what the Paragon log in bonus used to give.  Just to be clear,  I'm not talking about the daily loyalty roll.  I'm talking about that 2nd number from the bottom left on the Paragon page.  The first number shows how many consecutive days you've logged in, and the 2nd number shows the number of Paragon points you received just for logging in.

Even after a few consecutive weeks, I'm only at 5 pts.   It used to be 21 pts a day after just 2 weeks or so if I remember correctly.   Right now, even with the various ways to earn them, I don't see reaching level 15 before the game is done.   That is what I meant when I said I'm not impressed with the level 15 defensive bonuses, as most players will never see them, unless they were already level 10 before the nerf to the consecutive day paragon point reward, and have played consistently since then.

I'm hoping for the best on the beacon and fort game, but I believe the root cause is unlimited troops and offense/defense imbalance.  If the devs do not fix that, anything else isn't going to help much.

The new Paragon Levels were one of the most frequently asked additions to the game as a lot of players already reached Level 10.

So, I'm sure one day, you will reach Level 15 as well :)