The League Duel Tournament Has Begun!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Lord OberonCharacter
Dec 12, 2017, 12:0912/12/17
01/06/15

The League Duel Tournament Has Begun!

The League Duel Tournament Has Begun

How Will Your League Fare In This Brand New Event?

Lords and Ladies of Stormfall,

The first ever League Duel Tournament has begun. The time has come for you and your League to show Stormfall what you are made of and to earn huge Rewards.

Here’s how it works:

- The League Duel Tournament is a special time-limited Tournament that consists of a series of Rounds. Your League must participate in each Round in order to earn Trophies.

- The Tournament is a based on a Swiss Tournament system. This means that if your League loses a Round, it will not be eliminated and can continue fighting for Tournament Rewards.

- All Leagues are divided into Tiers based on their performance in the previous Tournament. As this is the first Tournament, you will be assigned a Tier according to your League’s position in the rankings.

- You must attempt to win each Round by collecting more Tournament Points than your opponent League. Each time a League wins a Round, it will receive a Trophy.

- Your League will be awarded an Automatic Victory in a Round if your opponent is dismissed while the Tournament is ongoing, or if your League is not assigned an opponent due to there being an odd number of Leagues in its Tier.

- The League you will face in each Round of the Tournament is decided according to how many Trophies you have earned. You will be assigned an opponent with the same number of Trophies as your League. If no such League can be found, you will be assigned an opponent with one more Trophy or one fewer Trophy.

- If a League performs well in the Tournament, it will be promoted to a higher Tier. If a League performs poorly, it will be relegated to a lower Tier for the next Tournament.

As this is a special type of Tournament, there are many special Rewards for you to win for the good of your Castle and your League. These are as follows:

- Personal Reward. The size of this Reward depends on how many Tournament Points you contributed towards your League's total.

- Reward for your League winning a Round.

- Reward for your League placing in the top Ranking positions. Rankings are calculated according to how many Trophies your League won and how many Tournament Points were earned.

- Fortress Skin. If your League earns 4 Trophies and places 1st in the Rankings for your Tier (except Qualifiers), your League will receive a Unique League Fortress Skin. This will be active from the time the Tournament ends until a new League places 1st in that Tier.

This is your chance to prove your superiority. Gather your League and fight for glory in the League Duel Tournament today.

Lord Oberon

Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 12, 2017, 15:4612/12/17
02/09/17
already issues with the tournament showing points scored attacking league in wrong section. other league have scored zero against us not a single attack attempt and shows a silly score. some hits against them show as general attack points some as attacking them. clearly the scores are unreliable and the development has issues 
Dec 13, 2017, 00:5012/13/17
12/12/14

I can't tell if the scoring is accurate or not.  It appears to be accurate but very laggy. Updates sometimes hours after score earned.

In general I would say this is a good addition to the rotation of events or at least a very good attempt. The major issue I see is that pairings can not be made well at all any way you might attempt due to the very top heavy nature of league membership.  By this far into the evolution of the game (some may say decline) all of the most powerful players and even most active have concentrated into just a few dominant leagues.  Pairing them with anyone else is hardly entertaining.  I'm not complaining about our league pairing it's about as fair as it can be but the landscape as a whole have very predictable outcomes.
Dec 13, 2017, 10:4712/13/17
02/29/16

hwellshan said:

already issues with the tournament showing points scored attacking league in wrong section. other league have scored zero against us not a single attack attempt and shows a silly score. some hits against them show as general attack points some as attacking them. clearly the scores are unreliable and the development has issues 

Hello!

Can you please send your cords in PM to Lord Oberon? 

Dec 13, 2017, 10:5312/13/17
02/29/16

Crow said:

I can't tell if the scoring is accurate or not.  It appears to be accurate but very laggy. Updates sometimes hours after score earned.

In general I would say this is a good addition to the rotation of events or at least a very good attempt. The major issue I see is that pairings can not be made well at all any way you might attempt due to the very top heavy nature of league membership.  By this far into the evolution of the game (some may say decline) all of the most powerful players and even most active have concentrated into just a few dominant leagues.  Pairing them with anyone else is hardly entertaining.  I'm not complaining about our league pairing it's about as fair as it can be but the landscape as a whole have very predictable outcomes.

Hello.

Yes, the points can be added with the slight delays.

In this first Tournament the Tiers were formed based on the Ranking, but then Leagues will be moved either to the higher Tier or to the lower one based on the results of the Tournament.

Dec 13, 2017, 14:2112/13/17
have you given any thoughts on an opt out? bare in mind that alliances not leagues run dark plains
Dec 13, 2017, 18:5912/13/17
Dec 13, 2017, 20:24(edited)
02/20/17

They are trying to sell this event as a League Tournament
It is a Solo Tournament

All points and rewards are based upon individual activity, and are not shared among the entire league
There are no 'League' rewards unless your league wins 3 or 4 trophies, and for winning each round
Which means that many leagues are guaranteed to be disappointed

Its all smoke and mirrors again

I think I'll pass. I have enough warlocks and demons to last a lifetime, only good for bg fodder with no guarantee of a decent payout

Dec 14, 2017, 10:1312/14/17
02/29/16

Simon grist said:

have you given any thoughts on an opt out? bare in mind that alliances not leagues run dark plains

Hello.

No, devs don't plan to add such opportunity because you already can don't PvP with your opponent League if you're allied or if you don't want to do it.

There are other activities that will bring you points.
Dec 14, 2017, 10:1812/14/17
02/29/16

Stiletto said:

They are trying to sell this event as a League Tournament
It is a Solo Tournament

All points and rewards are based upon individual activity, and are not shared among the entire league
There are no 'League' rewards unless your league wins 3 or 4 trophies, and for winning each round
Which means that many leagues are guaranteed to be disappointed

Its all smoke and mirrors again

I think I'll pass. I have enough warlocks and demons to last a lifetime, only good for bg fodder with no guarantee of a decent payout

Hello.

It's not completely personal Tournament. The League reward depends on actions and activities of all League members and it's absolutely logical.

If you want to get League Reward, then be active and win a Round. 
Dec 19, 2017, 16:0512/19/17
12/22/14
That's a nice feature, something fresh and new, i like that, thanks for the extra fun
Dec 20, 2017, 10:2112/20/17
02/29/16
Walgor said:

That's a nice feature, something fresh and new, i like that, thanks for the extra fun
Thanks a lot for your positive feedback! It's a great pleasure to read it