All Categories

New feature: Mar'eth Quests! Earn Epic Rewards!

Search
New Gift Code! Grab your rewards now!
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Lord OberonCharacter
May 31, 2017, 11:2705/31/17
01/06/15

New feature: Mar’eth Quests!

Earn Epic Rewards!

My Lords and Ladies!

I bring you glorious news from the sages of Darkshine! In addition to Divine Quests*, Mar`eth now delivers you a new type of Quest - Mar`eth Quests – which will test might, fortitude, and wisdom. Click the icon on the left side of your screen to view them in the Mar`eth's Abode interface!

Mar`eth Quests are special, time-limited missions available to players from Level 15. There are three types of Quest: Daily, Weekly, and Monthly. Each Mar`eth Quest grants you a Reward that you must claim upon completion. Completing all the Quests of the Daily and Weekly Quests will earn you a bonus Reward!

However, be vigilant – when Mar`eth Quests reset, unclaimed Rewards and your progress on incomplete Quests will be lost. Daily Mar`eth Quests will be refreshed once a day, Weekly Mar`eth Quests every seven days, and the Monthly Mar`eth Quests every 28 days.

Visit Mar’eth now and use this opportunity to its full potential!

Lord Oberon Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

*To avoid confusion, the feature previously known as "Daily Quests" has been renamed to "Divine Quests". These are still available from the same interface and the feature has not changed.

Views
Comments
Comments
May 31, 2017, 11:3105/31/17
06/14/16

The new Mareth quests are fine, but why did u take away the description of the number of divine quests, like individual quests, league quests? A number was always present showing how many of the timer quests you had. I dont understand why just because you created new Mareth quests why you had to take away the description of the number of daily quests left.. It literally makes NO sense and is extremely aggravating. This is not something where i will be the only one aggravated by this. This is something that ALLLLLLL players will be aggravated by. It is pointless and ridiculous to not show how many daily quests we have left.... Fix it please. EXTREMELY ANNOYING

May 31, 2017, 11:4205/31/17
May 31, 2017, 11:56(edited)
06/14/16

On a side note if you keep making more and more updates every 2 weeks or 1 month u run the risk of bogging down players with just too much going on. I understand you're obsessed with making money, but you're over-doing it with making changes so frequently and adding more and more things to the game. At some point it just becomes too much and it creates disinterest because theres just so many added features so often.

If u want to get into the psychology a bit of an average player, and wonder why u never see "overjoyed" opinions about changes, it has to do with what i explained above. As i said the new quests are "fine" but everyone knows that every update u make is to generate revenue, NOT to improve the overall game experience for players. I'm not saying dont ever make changes. Im simply explaining if you wonder why all you basically get are complaints about things, and not ever "Oooh i love it", its because everyone knows every update is just an attempt to make players lose troops.  AND as i said, its just becoming too much, you're adding too much stuff too often, it's overkill with new features so frequently.  

Also you should post a warning before shutting the site down for maintenance. Maybe 1 hour or even 1 day in advance if possible. I feel sympathy for people who have troops out and God knows what happens to them while you shut down the site and they dont have a chance to return them to catacombs. Theres any number of scenarios where this can turn out badly for players, simply because you refuse to post a warning in advance about the site being shut down. Think of players who have troops out on missions and then the site gets shut down and they have to leave for work, or to do any number of things, and they dont have a chance to catacomb their troops and then get attacked and lose their troops because of YOUR fault in not posting warnings in advance of a site shutdown. Its extremely rude and inconsiderate. I could even say it shows carelessness on your behalf for your paying and even non paying customers.

May 31, 2017, 12:2705/31/17
11/26/15

Some daily quests are impossible to get : collect resources from a hamlet? sure why not lol.....

Also in the monthly quests : invite 10 friends to the game? most people cant even invite 1 friend..... we will see a lot of new level 15 castles this way.....

monthly quest : get 50 000 saphires from the bank? not even gonna comment on that one...sigh
May 31, 2017, 14:0105/31/17
05/02/17
+ 1 ET
May 31, 2017, 18:2405/31/17
May 31, 2017, 18:25(edited)
12/18/14
Limad said:

I'd imagine a lot players don't do 5 bgs a day. We already know Hamlets for resources are a good way to lose your defence and the Nec thing only updates when the troops are actually trained, not just queued. I doubt many players are gonna zero their occult queues for the benefit of two free necs a couple of times a day. The exp thing though, it's a good excuse to burn through any daily quest refresh packs that have been built up. So thanks for the exp thing. Though you'll probably just exclude daily quests from it in the next update. I'm sure dedicated Bg players will appreciate the extra class 4 key once a week and of course coiners will take the extra 20k sapphs gladly. A mixed bag, I guess. But I can't help but feel the whole thing was designed to tempt a few more people to take a punt on 50k sapphs once a month.
yup pretty much agree there isn't much there that I would go out of my way to achieve - there is no way i will boost 2k worth of occult builds to find my necros in there ... i do not do bgs at all really so that one's out - and i don't play hamlets either - hamlets have been an epic fail since they were introduced I think this is an attempt to try to get people to play them more - the only thing that I have any points on at this point is the experience points
Jun 1, 2017, 15:5106/01/17

I like the new Mar'eth Quests :D

will they be the same every week/daily or will we get new ones?

Jun 2, 2017, 02:5206/02/17
03/19/17
Hi, I'm a level 36 player and the quest called for dwarfs to be made. I can't make dwarfs yet. Could the troops to be made reflect the arts already opened?
Jun 2, 2017, 03:1406/02/17
10/21/14
Solidarius said:

They should rotate throughout all 3 tiers of quests My Lord 
Jun 2, 2017, 03:1506/02/17
10/21/14
brian_3 said:

Hi, I'm a level 36 player and the quest called for dwarfs to be made. I can't make dwarfs yet. Could the troops to be made reflect the arts already opened?
Can you throw this in the suggestions?! I agree with you and they should reflect what you have upgraded or found in the lost arts. Would be hard for new players to grow with these quests if they can't even make the troop.
Jun 2, 2017, 11:1506/02/17
03/01/16
EmperorTrump said:

The new Mareth quests are fine, but why did u take away the description of the number of divine quests, like individual quests, league quests? A number was always present showing how many of the timer quests you had. I dont understand why just because you created new Mareth quests why you had to take away the description of the number of daily quests left.. It literally makes NO sense and is extremely aggravating. This is not something where i will be the only one aggravated by this. This is something that ALLLLLLL players will be aggravated by. It is pointless and ridiculous to not show how many daily quests we have left.... Fix it please. EXTREMELY ANNOYING

Thank you for your feedback! I'll pass it to our devs. 
Jun 2, 2017, 11:1606/02/17
03/01/16

EmperorTrump said:

On a side note if you keep making more and more updates every 2 weeks or 1 month u run the risk of bogging down players with just too much going on. I understand you're obsessed with making money, but you're over-doing it with making changes so frequently and adding more and more things to the game. At some point it just becomes too much and it creates disinterest because theres just so many added features so often.

If u want to get into the psychology a bit of an average player, and wonder why u never see "overjoyed" opinions about changes, it has to do with what i explained above. As i said the new quests are "fine" but everyone knows that every update u make is to generate revenue, NOT to improve the overall game experience for players. I'm not saying dont ever make changes. Im simply explaining if you wonder why all you basically get are complaints about things, and not ever "Oooh i love it", its because everyone knows every update is just an attempt to make players lose troops.  AND as i said, its just becoming too much, you're adding too much stuff too often, it's overkill with new features so frequently.  

Also you should post a warning before shutting the site down for maintenance. Maybe 1 hour or even 1 day in advance if possible. I feel sympathy for people who have troops out and God knows what happens to them while you shut down the site and they dont have a chance to return them to catacombs. Theres any number of scenarios where this can turn out badly for players, simply because you refuse to post a warning in advance about the site being shut down. Think of players who have troops out on missions and then the site gets shut down and they have to leave for work, or to do any number of things, and they dont have a chance to catacomb their troops and then get attacked and lose their troops because of YOUR fault in not posting warnings in advance of a site shutdown. Its extremely rude and inconsiderate. I could even say it shows carelessness on your behalf for your paying and even non paying customers.

We're trying to keep the game engaging and cometitive that's why we try to add new features and updates.

As for warnings, we try to warn players in advance about updates when they're planned. However, if we need to add an urgent fix, we update server immediately. We hope for your understanding. 

Jun 2, 2017, 11:1706/02/17
03/01/16

djmoody said:

Quite like this.

In general it rewards activity, which is good. Gives people some more targets and goals to engage them.

Some of the tasks are much easier than others. Some tweaking needed here and there.

Agree with comments regarding hamlets. It's pointless to try and stimulate activity on hamlets with tiny rewards. You let uber coiners into the game, you have to live with no1 risking their entire defence for tiny rewards.......

I have posted this before and am sure it will fall on deaf ears again but.......

for those that through skill, knowledge and experience took massive rewards from BG's, now have negative bank and can never do BG's again.... can we have a bank wipe/amnesty for such players so they can take part in all the new content that has been added for BG's. 

I hardly log in because there is nothing to do on my account. Now there is so much extra gameplay around BG's like this new update, armour etc etc I would log in daily to run BG's if I could. Would be such a massive improvement to my enjoyment of the game. Would give me something to do.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Djmoody. 

Jun 2, 2017, 11:1706/02/17
03/01/16
Limad said:

On the plus side, it looks like ghostmails might have been resolved. 
Yes :) 
Jun 2, 2017, 11:1806/02/17
03/01/16
brian_3 said:

I'll pass this information, thanks!
Jun 2, 2017, 11:4906/02/17
Jun 2, 2017, 12:03(edited)
12/13/14

Eugenia Misura said:

brian_3 said:

I'll pass this information, thanks!

Bran's Seal scrolls are the easiest to find - there are dozens on the market, friends and league mates can help and you can even buy them from the market

Only 2 scrolls are needed to start building dwarfs and this can easily be accomplished within one day, and the quests refresh every day so nothing is lost

I seriously doubt that the devs intended to give rewards for new players with NO scrolls who can only build pikes and archers
Jun 3, 2017, 01:0106/03/17
02/02/17

I've noticed a problem with the daily task section, it's wanting me to train 10 warlocks, I don't have the ability to train warlocks at this time. The tasks should be something you at least have a chance to complete, instead of ones that are impossible.

Jun 3, 2017, 15:1906/03/17
Jun 3, 2017, 15:23(edited)
02/20/17

dbeyers1961 said:

I've noticed a problem with the daily task section, it's wanting me to train 10 warlocks, I don't have the ability to train warlocks at this time. The tasks should be something you at least have a chance to complete, instead of ones that are impossible.

These quests seem to be based upon the player's experience level and many players level-up too quickly before they find enough scrolls.
Many quests give hollow experience points that have not really been earned.
Reaching high levels too quick makes you an easy pvp target if all of your units are level 1. It also places you in impossible Tournament Tiers
Many have discovered that remaining at lower levels improves their chances of getting better rewards in many tournaments

Ask your league to help you find Runic Blade scrolls and keep posting trades on the Market

Jun 4, 2017, 04:3406/04/17
Jun 4, 2017, 04:37(edited)
05/14/16

over all I like this, but I have to agree about the hamlet ones,  10K res and 300 gems

REALLLLY

the coiners are licking their chops over this...

I'd say  cut the res one down to 1K and gems one down to round 50 gems,

the thing is if you want to complete the weekly and montly ones you absolutely HAVE to get 4 per day, and you only get 5 per day, so on a day when you have 2 of 5 that are all but IMPOSSIBLE for 90% of the players to do it means they'll NEVER get the weekly or monthly prizes

just to give you an idea what I am talking about

I was on a hamlet, got hit by a lvl 119 player  who sent almost 600 GW dragons,  1100 chimera, over 40K dragons  and  almost 19K wyrven...

not sure what that adds up to power wise but I KNOW this it would have wiped out my ENTIRE DEF if I had sent every single def unit I had to it

might as well put a disclaimer on it saying  for coiners ONLY,  normal players need not try

and as one person said,  not even going to comment on the buy 50K gems one,   that is the ULTIMATE slap in the face to most playres

Jun 6, 2017, 00:2406/06/17
Jun 6, 2017, 21:28(edited)
05/14/16

just as I suspected,  2 out of the last 3 days of the week I got the hamlet quests, which means I'm screwed on the weekly

and it has a domino effect,   can't get the 25 for the week so cant complete the weekly that TWO rewards lost and won't be able to get my monthly ones either

so I lose out on a total for FOUR of the better rewards   2 of the weekly ones and 2 of the monthly ones

this sooo like the old joke of tying a dollar bill to a thread and when ever someone bends over to pick it up it gets yanked away

Jun 6, 2017, 00:3406/06/17
Jun 6, 2017, 00:37(edited)
05/14/16

DrFondles said:

Solidarius said:

They should rotate throughout all 3 tiers of quests My Lord 

guess I'm just UNLUCKY then cause over the course of the week I got the hamlets one  3 times,  that's 6  "can't be dones"  in a week

matter of a fact  for the entire week Ihave only seen two sets, the hamlet one, and the BGs/ PVP one,  don't even know what the THIRD one has in it

add that to having completely MISSED the entire 1st day because by the time I got home from work and logged in it was already OVER