Important New Game Feature – Unit XP!

Important New Game Feature – Unit XP!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Apr 8, 2017, 01:0904/08/17
Apr 8, 2017, 01:14(edited)
12/18/14

lol yes well its not the Sentry either its the Union of Knights which i guess just appeared beside the sentry today :)

** I am being told the Union of Knights building was always there lol - I have been playing so long I don't remember ever building it :)
Apr 8, 2017, 04:0704/08/17
07/15/16
When will you start charging us for oxygen use for the troops? Your marketing team seem ingenious in finding new ways to part players from their money!
Apr 8, 2017, 07:2304/08/17
Apr 8, 2017, 07:27(edited)
10/31/14

Oberon explained a very vast and huge update in a very short sentence, to make matters worse the explanation is very confusing.

But on the upside, atleast my craftsmen will have something to do, they have been inactive for nearly a year now.

I don't know what these upgrade are, or what these means. 

Here is what I understand.

First thing, upgrade buildings 

second thing kill something, 

earn experience from killing something

use experice to increase units order.
Apr 8, 2017, 07:4104/08/17

well i thought - 'lets try this unit xp thing'

ploughed thru 580 archers (dead) on bg's - finally made rank lvl - spent 2mins upgrading it - put the bonus pt into unit defence

and got the princely sum of 0.2 bonus defence against inf/cav and 0.18 bonus against occ/beast - happy days (so bonuses are applied to your base troop stat only before any boosts you have)

in my case, with all bonuses on them - went from 45.84 to 46.04 and 42.25 to 42.43 - not bad for 69.6k resources invested to train the archers (said very tongue in cheek)

1 thing i will say - at least the troop explanations in the buildings are much clearer to understand

oh well - back to the grind

Apr 8, 2017, 10:4304/08/17
Apr 8, 2017, 10:47(edited)
06/16/15
i understood it all perfectly and understand how it all works this is a good update specially if you are defending someone and others were as well and you over did it to get pvp points so you end up with zero pvp points but still you get troop rank experience so that one bright side to this update now my griffins are now at rank two good to rank them up defending someone but not battle grounds this is my second review on this new update
Apr 8, 2017, 13:4104/08/17
12/18/14

gogo sageger said:

i understood it all perfectly and understand how it all works this is a good update specially if you are defending someone and others were as well and you over did it to get pvp points so you end up with zero pvp points but still you get troop rank experience so that one bright side to this update now my griffins are now at rank two good to rank them up defending someone but not battle grounds this is my second review on this new update

yes agree this does not cost money (so far) they gave us some medals to start with - you play the game you earn exp you upgrade your troops

one good defend for me gets a pretty good return on my troops stats when i finally get the upgrading completed - so far I am headed to 6% on my griffs among other troops that I used to defend

use the 4 buildings that we now need to upgrade for the development race and lost arts surely you don't have them all at level 30 - sketches for rewards is good and the number given okay considering the cost of them
Apr 8, 2017, 14:3604/08/17
12/28/14
musielakdw said:

dliard55 said:

it's already created a bug, in that building help requests appear, but when you go to the page to give a hand, it says there are no requests:  http://prntscr.com/etp7rb

Only by exiting and reloading can you help, and the next request will repeat the sequence.  Get it together folks, your ideas are becoming more and more useless frankly.  And the exp pts of 1% added where we choose, pleaaaase!  Quit mocking your customers.  It's not just the big coiners who make you live.

I am having the same issue on all servers. The ONLY advantage I see to the upgrade is that it does the math for your defensive and offensive troop stats so you don't have to figure 20+50%+3%=1%.
the upgrades are moving fast you can only help one player so many times this is where people are getting the idea that its not working i believe
Apr 8, 2017, 16:0004/08/17
03/22/16
Jimmy Stewart said:

I am getting a blinking arrow on top of my sentry house but it seems to have no purpose. Also my archers seem to be capable of upgrading but for the life of me I cannot seem to find a way to apply the upgrade.
Click on the blinking arrow. You will find one or more of your troop types have gained enough XP to go up at least one level. A part of the newest update.
Apr 8, 2017, 16:0204/08/17
03/22/16
Joan said:

musielakdw said:

dliard55 said:

it's already created a bug, in that building help requests appear, but when you go to the page to give a hand, it says there are no requests:  http://prntscr.com/etp7rb

Only by exiting and reloading can you help, and the next request will repeat the sequence.  Get it together folks, your ideas are becoming more and more useless frankly.  And the exp pts of 1% added where we choose, pleaaaase!  Quit mocking your customers.  It's not just the big coiners who make you live.

I am having the same issue on all servers. The ONLY advantage I see to the upgrade is that it does the math for your defensive and offensive troop stats so you don't have to figure 20+50%+3%=1%.
the upgrades are moving fast you can only help one player so many times this is where people are getting the idea that its not working i believe
The new upgrades have added an unplanned glitch. There is a work around. If you go to building help and there is new data, click the Urgent help Tab then back to the Building help and it should populate correctly.
Apr 8, 2017, 21:1204/08/17
03/21/14

All this thing is to complicated. We can upgrade buildings thats great attleast we can upgrade something that dont last for days- for now. Why didnt you made this all thing same as you did to wisdom level for hero when there are enouhg XP for any unit it should upgrade by herself.

For me all this upgrading sistem is to complicated and stupid as much it is possible 

Apr 9, 2017, 01:4004/09/17
Apr 9, 2017, 01:41(edited)
02/21/16

there are times that less is more. This is one of those times. What is happening is they are overloading the Game with way too Much B/S we don't need shiny new things every week We need a Game that has consistent smooth flowing operation  not sporadic inconsistencies everytime you overload the Parameters of the Game. stop Guinea pigging us ! It's extremely irritating and it doesn't promote a frame of mind that would make me want to invest any cash to play a game that only works sometimes.

Please Like if you agree      

Apr 9, 2017, 01:4504/09/17
02/21/16

brunsonthomas said:

Joan said:

musielakdw said:

dliard55 said:

The new upgrades have added an unplanned glitch. There is a work around. If you go to building help and there is new data, click the Urgent help Tab then back to the Building help and it should populate correctly.

It didn't work for Me Had to reload the game everytime to use help for league members

Apr 9, 2017, 04:1904/09/17
03/08/17
roadstar Pitbull said:

dliard55 said:

Oh yes,, another wonderful update checked before applying....

You do not have to exit,, clicking between urgent and building request works for me, but still can not access building tab direct.

Apr 9, 2017, 15:3804/09/17
ok I was doing my thing, my quests n such; with building and fighting. Then I get a message my Dragons can be upgrade because I have earned enough points and over my Hall of Shadows a red arrow appears pointing up and bobbing up and down. I went through everything and I cant find a way to upgrade my Dragons or get rid of that annoying bouncing arrow. Can I get some help here?
Apr 9, 2017, 16:0804/09/17
03/22/16

DragonzBayne said:

ok I was doing my thing, my quests n such; with building and fighting. Then I get a message my Dragons can be upgrade because I have earned enough points and over my Hall of Shadows a red arrow appears pointing up and bobbing up and down. I went through everything and I cant find a way to upgrade my Dragons or get rid of that annoying bouncing arrow. Can I get some help here?

The bouncing red arrow means you are missing something for the upgrade.

http://prntscr.com/euc5ci

If you go to the Hall of Shadows and check for which troop may be upgraded, next to the picture it shows what you need for the next upgrade. If it is green you are ready if it is red something needs to be done like upgrading your Hall of Shadows, discovering or upgrading the Lost Art or achieving the correct amount of points. You need to check each type of troop as they do not all get the same number of points for each battle.

Apr 9, 2017, 16:1304/09/17
03/22/16
Jezebel said:

lol yes well its not the Sentry either its the Union of Knights which i guess just appeared beside the sentry today :)

** I am being told the Union of Knights building was always there lol - I have been playing so long I don't remember ever building it :)
Yes, all the buildings needed were built long ago and everyone just ignored them once they were built because it was easier to use the sentry house to build everything. I still use it the most because it is easier to use the familiar building than 4 different ones to build troops.
Apr 9, 2017, 16:1904/09/17
12/18/14
DragonzBayne said:

from what i can see your building needs to be one level higher than the upgrade for the unit so you do need to upgrade your Hall of Shadows
Apr 9, 2017, 17:0404/09/17
thanks I will try that
Apr 9, 2017, 17:4704/09/17
05/14/16

It is a interesting update. but as I have told everyone I know. Don't focus on it. Just view it as a added bonus for what ever you do in your daily play/grind. No reason to go out of your way for this. Again just view it as a small bonus for just doing what you normally do.

In some ways, people will get caught up in this like they did with Wisdom points when they first came out.. unlocking things and spending coin to do it, when in reality unlocking a level was just a burn anyways. As Wisdom points should also just be viewed as a little extra bonus for just doing what you normally do anyways.

Anywho.....

Apr 10, 2017, 11:0804/10/17
02/22/16
Why do you feel the Need to show our Enemies What the strength of Our units are ?