Calling all League Marshals!

13 Replies
Lord Oberon
Administrator
7 February, 2017, 4:45 PM UTC

Calling all League Marshals!


We will soon be publishing a new article on the Plarium Blog about how the most successful League Marshals operate!


To help us write the article, we are looking for expert opinions from the toughest Lords and Ladies around. If you are a League Marshal, we would be really grateful if you could answer the following questions:


- How would you describe your leadership style?

- What advice or tips would you give to other League Marshals or people looking to start their own League?


If you’d like us to include your name and your League’s name in the article, let us know in your comment!


Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
Alina Bright
Community Manager
8 February, 2017, 12:13 PM UTC
I'm sure that there are many great Marshalls among us! It's interesting to hear about your tips! 
UTC +2:00
Gadheras
8 February, 2017, 3:58 PM UTC

One of the questions should be; How many alts do you have....


If you start look into that....  would you ban all these marshalls for use of alts then?




UTC +2:00
brunsonthomas
Moderator
8 February, 2017, 6:41 PM UTC
Gadheras said:


One of the questions should be; How many alts do you have....


If you start look into that....  would you ban all these marshalls for use of alts then?




I do not know about the other Marshal's but I can guarantee you this Marshall has 0 alts. Plarium would not allow me to be a Moderator if I had an alt. I know there are several other Marshal's that do not believe in alts but they will have to speak for themselves.
UTC +5:00
Alina Bright
Community Manager
9 February, 2017, 12:28 PM UTC

Gadheras said:



One of the questions should be; How many alts do you have....


If you start look into that....  would you ban all these marshalls for use of alts then?




Lord Gadheras, we're asking about tips in management that Marshalls use in order to build a strong League. 

UTC +2:00
Jezebel
9 February, 2017, 6:59 PM UTC

I don't care what my members do its a war game


My diplomacy is based on friendships I have made in the game only because


a) I don't want to hit my friends

b) I have nothing that needs to be protected by diplomacy

c) diplomacy is just a lot of unnecessary work for no particular reason


if i plan on hitting something big with another league then I would set my diplomacy to "at peace" with them to avoid running into each other's armies


other than that the game is dying my members can do whatever they want
UTC +0:00
Alina Bright
Community Manager
10 February, 2017, 12:52 PM UTC
Thank you for sharing your experience, Jezebel! 
UTC +2:00
djmoody
10 February, 2017, 1:50 PM UTC
brunsonthomas said:

Gadheras said:


One of the questions should be; How many alts do you have....


If you start look into that....  would you ban all these marshalls for use of alts then?




I do not know about the other Marshal's but I can guarantee you this Marshall has 0 alts. Plarium would not allow me to be a Moderator if I had an alt. I know there are several other Marshal's that do not believe in alts but they will have to speak for themselves.
As if they would even bother to check lol.
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
brunsonthomas
Moderator
10 February, 2017, 9:02 PM UTC
djmoody said:

brunsonthomas said:

Gadheras said:


One of the questions should be; How many alts do you have....


If you start look into that....  would you ban all these marshalls for use of alts then?




I do not know about the other Marshal's but I can guarantee you this Marshall has 0 alts. Plarium would not allow me to be a Moderator if I had an alt. I know there are several other Marshal's that do not believe in alts but they will have to speak for themselves.
As if they would even bother to check lol.
It would not matter. I do what I say I will. I agreed to all their terms and conditions. Besides, playing 4 Plarium games on 4 different servers is hard enough to keep up with. I don't have time for alts.
UTC +5:00
Fortuneteller
13 February, 2017, 3:03 PM UTC

is this still on? one two one two



- How would you describe your leadership style?

Effective. Men crumble down in awe and fear of rejection every time they hear a whip crack echoing from my dungeon. :-D


- What advice or tips would you give to other League Marshals or people looking to start their own League?

You think you have friends?  Think again! Haha okay, so on a much serious note...

Concept & rules: Have a vision and stick to it! Have few rules and impose them onto members... yourself included! Be fair! 

Social: Listen! Chat! Use forum!

Diplo: Build relations internal/external! Diplomacy is way too underrated, so take your time and get to know influential people - they can save your ass a few times as your league advances up the food chain.

Recruit: Use the forum or facebook to reach out to potentially new members. Use area chats for recruitment. Get to know new members before they are put into positions. Boot those who don't communicate.

Ranks & teamwork: Grant higher ranks only to people you've learnt to trust! Delegate tasks but take part in teamwork!



FT
UTC +0:00
brunsonthomas
Moderator
13 February, 2017, 8:18 PM UTC
Fortuneteller said:

is this still on? one two one two



- How would you describe your leadership style?

Effective. Men crumble down in awe and fear of rejection every time they hear a whip crack echoing from my dungeon. :-D


- What advice or tips would you give to other League Marshals or people looking to start their own League?

You think you have friends?  Think again! Haha okay, so on a much serious note...

Concept & rules: Have a vision and stick to it! Have few rules and impose them onto members... yourself included! Be fair! 

Social: Listen! Chat! Use forum!

Diplo: Build relations internal/external! Diplomacy is way too underrated, so take your time and get to know influential people - they can save your ass a few times as your league advances up the food chain.

Recruit: Use the forum or facebook to reach out to potentially new members. Use area chats for recruitment. Get to know new members before they are put into positions. Boot those who don't communicate.

Ranks & teamwork: Grant higher ranks only to people you've learnt to trust! Delegate tasks but take part in teamwork!



Well stated. That is a very good answer to the stated questions.
UTC +5:00
cannedam
1 March, 2017, 4:19 AM UTC

Mine is a transformational team leadership. As a team we have stated our vision and purpose, developed our plans for achieving our goals, established our hierarchy and the duties that each rank will perform.  

Transformational because with the input of the entire team I instituted big changes that have benefited the league enormously. Those changes have brought out effort and abilities in many of our players that even they didn't know they have. It's been a great experience!

I motivate by creating small games within the game, competitions amongst ourselves, showing our progress toward our goals.  You have to remove the non performers and inactives and continually renew.  

With a strong structure, clear tasks, and most importantly, teamwork, every member feels s/he is part of something bigger than his/herself that is doing something for each member of the team. 

Diplomacy is quite possibly the most important underlying aspect of the game. I find the unwritten alliances are the most powerful.  The Untamed Lands are a study in the power of unwritten alliances at the moment.  We are seeing once powerful leagues crumble and fall into oblivion while weak leagues unworthy of their stature climb with a benefactor.  It's fascinating to behold and anyone who discredits the power of alliances is fool hearty.  

It is a strategy game.  Without strategy you lose.  You either waste your coin, your troops, or your resources while your enemy uses strategy to gain more with less effort and expense.  

That is the Fellowship Untamed Way:  Fellowship - Strategy - Fun.  If you're not having fun, why play this game?   

UTC +5:00
Alina Bright
Community Manager
1 March, 2017, 12:15 PM UTC
It's so great to see that you choose your own way to build strong League! 
UTC +2:00
Lord Mark
11 March, 2017, 4:17 AM UTC
Jezebel said:

I don't care what my members do its a war game


My diplomacy is based on friendships I have made in the game only because


a) I don't want to hit my friends

b) I have nothing that needs to be protected by diplomacy

c) diplomacy is just a lot of unnecessary work for no particular reason


if i plan on hitting something big with another league then I would set my diplomacy to "at peace" with them to avoid running into each other's armies


other than that the game is dying my members can do whatever they want
This is why we are friends :)
UTC +0:00
1665340 users registered; 34152 topics; 253431 post; our newest member:zavalina.dina59