Thank you for being part of the Stormfall family!

10 Replies
Lord Oberon
31 December, 2016, 10:10 AM UTC

The Stormfall community is wishing you Happy Winter Holidays with the hope that they will bring you lots of happiness and joy! 


Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
2
jumy
31 December, 2016, 10:57 AM UTC
The truth hurts
UTC +12:00
0
Rosconz
31 December, 2016, 10:35 PM UTC
Best wishes to all at Plarium. Also to all actual players, friend and foe alike. (But not the alts or bots  )
UTC +12:00
0
Gadheras
31 December, 2016, 10:41 PM UTC

Wishes for next year? Hope Plarium will do a good job for a change. - Stop chase players away pls -)


UTC +2:00
1
DickSilk
1 January, 2017, 3:38 AM UTC

Gentlemen / Ladies / Coders:


We have a serious problem here that kills the enjoyment factor of the game.

I am NOT a coiner -- I play hard and long for very little reward, so when I build up enough sapphires to buy my first Ice Guardian, you can *imagine* how insanely stupid I felt when I sent my entire BG defensive squad on an offensive raid (I sent green units into a red zone, where I *should* have been sending offense.)


The game gladly, *happily* allowed me to send around 50-100+K of defense on a raid, and although I actually won the BG, you can imagine my stunned silence when I realized all my defense was missing.  No returning forces, no outgoing forces -- just -- missing defense, and a dead Ice Guardian floating in the morgue at the Infirmary.


Seriously -- people -- would it be THAT hard to put in a confirmation checker, for when people send Green units into Red zones, or offensive units to defend a BG / Green zone?  Would it be *THAT* difficult?


Now, instead of feeling like a master of the game, I feel like a total imbecile, and my desire to waste my time on your public bit coin block checking system (distributed transactional processing software) has been flushed right down the toilet.


Please -- for the love of decent, idiot-proof programming techniques (that used to be standard industry practice, but apparently have disappeared in the last two generations or so) would you PLEASE put in a confirmation step for when idiots like me send innocent, legendary units in as sacrificial lambs to their premature and untimely demise.


Thank you!
UTC +6:00
2
brunsonthomas
1 January, 2017, 6:24 PM UTC

DickSilk said:


Gentlemen / Ladies / Coders:


We have a serious problem here that kills the enjoyment factor of the game.

I am NOT a coiner -- I play hard and long for very little reward, so when I build up enough sapphires to buy my first Ice Guardian, you can *imagine* how insanely stupid I felt when I sent my entire BG defensive squad on an offensive raid (I sent green units into a red zone, where I *should* have been sending offense.)


The game gladly, *happily* allowed me to send around 50-100+K of defense on a raid, and although I actually won the BG, you can imagine my stunned silence when I realized all my defense was missing.  No returning forces, no outgoing forces -- just -- missing defense, and a dead Ice Guardian floating in the morgue at the Infirmary.


Seriously -- people -- would it be THAT hard to put in a confirmation checker, for when people send Green units into Red zones, or offensive units to defend a BG / Green zone?  Would it be *THAT* difficult?


Now, instead of feeling like a master of the game, I feel like a total imbecile, and my desire to waste my time on your public bit coin block checking system (distributed transactional processing software) has been flushed right down the toilet.


Please -- for the love of decent, idiot-proof programming techniques (that used to be standard industry practice, but apparently have disappeared in the last two generations or so) would you PLEASE put in a confirmation step for when idiots like me send innocent, legendary units in as sacrificial lambs to their premature and untimely demise.


Thank you!

This has happened to nearly everyone who has played this game. I would suggest you put this in at Forum/Stormfall:Age of War/Suggestions/YourSuggestions

UTC +5:00
0
Gadheras
1 January, 2017, 6:29 PM UTC

brunsonthomas said:


DickSilk said:


Gentlemen / Ladies / Coders:


We have a serious problem here that kills the enjoyment factor of the game.

I am NOT a coiner -- I play hard and long for very little reward, so when I build up enough sapphires to buy my first Ice Guardian, you can *imagine* how insanely stupid I felt when I sent my entire BG defensive squad on an offensive raid (I sent green units into a red zone, where I *should* have been sending offense.)


The game gladly, *happily* allowed me to send around 50-100+K of defense on a raid, and although I actually won the BG, you can imagine my stunned silence when I realized all my defense was missing.  No returning forces, no outgoing forces -- just -- missing defense, and a dead Ice Guardian floating in the morgue at the Infirmary.


Seriously -- people -- would it be THAT hard to put in a confirmation checker, for when people send Green units into Red zones, or offensive units to defend a BG / Green zone?  Would it be *THAT* difficult?


Now, instead of feeling like a master of the game, I feel like a total imbecile, and my desire to waste my time on your public bit coin block checking system (distributed transactional processing software) has been flushed right down the toilet.


Please -- for the love of decent, idiot-proof programming techniques (that used to be standard industry practice, but apparently have disappeared in the last two generations or so) would you PLEASE put in a confirmation step for when idiots like me send innocent, legendary units in as sacrificial lambs to their premature and untimely demise.


Thank you!

This has happened to nearly everyone who has played this game. I would suggest you put this in at Forum/Stormfall:Age of War/Suggestions/YourSuggestions

Why would they? Mistakes like this is something they hope we will spend sapphires on to fix. To insert a warning like this should be very simple, its all about the money, nothing else -)


UTC +2:00
1
IronApex Turok
2 January, 2017, 3:03 AM UTC

family.....


more like oberon's ugly step kids. he just takes our money and feeds us gruel. 
UTC +0:00
0
Alina Bright
Community Manager
3 January, 2017, 1:36 PM UTC

DickSilk said:


Gentlemen / Ladies / Coders:


We have a serious problem here that kills the enjoyment factor of the game.

I am NOT a coiner -- I play hard and long for very little reward, so when I build up enough sapphires to buy my first Ice Guardian, you can *imagine* how insanely stupid I felt when I sent my entire BG defensive squad on an offensive raid (I sent green units into a red zone, where I *should* have been sending offense.)


The game gladly, *happily* allowed me to send around 50-100+K of defense on a raid, and although I actually won the BG, you can imagine my stunned silence when I realized all my defense was missing.  No returning forces, no outgoing forces -- just -- missing defense, and a dead Ice Guardian floating in the morgue at the Infirmary.


Seriously -- people -- would it be THAT hard to put in a confirmation checker, for when people send Green units into Red zones, or offensive units to defend a BG / Green zone?  Would it be *THAT* difficult?


Now, instead of feeling like a master of the game, I feel like a total imbecile, and my desire to waste my time on your public bit coin block checking system (distributed transactional processing software) has been flushed right down the toilet.


Please -- for the love of decent, idiot-proof programming techniques (that used to be standard industry practice, but apparently have disappeared in the last two generations or so) would you PLEASE put in a confirmation step for when idiots like me send innocent, legendary units in as sacrificial lambs to their premature and untimely demise.


Thank you!

Hi Lord DickSilk! I'm sorry that you faced this situation and do hope that you'll manage to restore your losses as soon as possible. As for the warning, we had such a suggestion from other players and our devs decided to add it to the game in future. I can tell the exact date of the implemention, but I hope it'll help to avoid such situation in future.

Happy Holidays!

UTC +2:00
1
Jezebel
3 January, 2017, 3:32 PM UTC
Its happened to all of us but I suggest you join a league that will give you good advice on how to approach bg - if you are going "all in" then I think you need to talk to someone about a better bg strategy.
UTC +0:00
0
IronApex Turok
3 January, 2017, 11:41 PM UTC
Eugenia Misura said:


Hi Lord DickSilk! I'm sorry that you faced this situation and do hope that you'll manage to restore your losses as soon as possible. As for the warning, we had such a suggestion from other players and our devs decided to add it to the game in future. I can tell the exact date of the implemention, but I hope it'll help to avoid such situation in future.

Happy Holidays!

lol...im just laughing because he got a community manager to say "dicksilk"
UTC +0:00
2
1778312 users registered; 48094 topics; 286246 posts; our newest member:Owen ridwan 12