All Categories

New Feature: Prize Draws!

New Feature: Prize Draws!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Dec 9, 2016, 13:4912/09/16
08/03/14
I'm in agreement with Ghost's comment. With his logic, the game's rigged. My sapphires are way to precious to spend on said game of chance. Sorry Stormfall, I just don't buy it that regular players who log in all the time have an equal opportunity. I log in all the time and I already saw the flaw with the repeat winners. I think Ghost was dead on with the big spenders nudging us poorer players out of winning anything decent.
Dec 9, 2016, 14:0612/09/16
02/05/14
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

ghost said:

I bet they can't give the name of a single winner, who didn't spend more then 5k in sapphires and won the big prize. Only people with the deep pockets win this type of rigged contest. Then those said players use the winnings to re-enter the contests and win more. That's the flaw in this type of gaming. It also means they rig this types of game system. (sad face)

Anyone can win. But those players who actively participate have higher chances. 
What you mean is "those players with fatter wallets".
Dec 9, 2016, 14:3312/09/16

ghost said:

I bet they can't give the name of a single winner, who didn't spend more then 5k in sapphires and won the big prize. Only people with the deep pockets win this type of rigged contest. Then those said players use the winnings to re-enter the contests and win more. That's the flaw in this type of gaming. It also means they rig this types of game system. (sad face)

actively participate in a lottery, how?

Dec 9, 2016, 14:4212/09/16
02/05/14
We are , what?, 3 days into this latest fiasco and you can already see the activity rate declining.  lmao
Dec 9, 2016, 20:2712/09/16
Dec 9, 2016, 21:33(edited)

jumy said:

ghost said:

maybe it means don't buy all your tickets at once, but stagger them over time so that you have a chance of triggering the server over a greater number of sequences.  idk if a random generator would work like that or not.  other than that  if you buy a ticket, you are active.  maybe alyona means, the more tickets you buy the better your chance.  which is self explanatory.

EDIT:  actually, you can only win if you buy a ticket.
Dec 9, 2016, 20:3512/09/16
johanrayne said:

jumy said:

ghost said:

maybe it means don't buy all your tickets at once, but stagger them over time so that you have a chance of triggering the server over a greater number of sequences.  idk if a random generator would work like that or not.  other than that  if you buy a ticket, you are active.  maybe alyona means, the more tickets you buy the better your chance.  which is self explanatory.
lol 
Dec 10, 2016, 06:2912/10/16
08/21/15
is there somewhere a list of the prizes included in pack pack?
Dec 10, 2016, 10:0312/10/16

StormBringer said:

is there somewhere a list of the prizes included in pack pack?

you can see these in progress

Dec 10, 2016, 17:3012/10/16
Dec 10, 2016, 17:32(edited)
08/21/15
edit:  yes i know how to see the current prize.  but no way to look back at what was included after the draw is over.

the prizes vary.   the express prize is not always the same.   nor the others.   I actually won.  i bought 2 tickets btw.  But when I clicked to claim the prize I was half asleep.  i have no idea what i won lol.   but there were no sapphires .  of that i am sure. 

[sorry for no capitalization..typing on small laptop from hospital bed]

Dec 10, 2016, 17:4712/10/16
Dec 10, 2016, 17:51(edited)

StormBringer said:

edit:  yes i know how to see the current prize.  but no way to look back at what was included after the draw is over.

the prizes vary.   the express prize is not always the same.   nor the others.   I actually won.  i bought 2 tickets btw.  But when I clicked to claim the prize I was half asleep.  i have no idea what i won lol.   but there were no sapphires .  of that i am sure. 

[sorry for no capitalization..typing on small laptop from hospital bed]

hope you get well soon 

unfortunately there is no way to see previous rewards 

do it the hard way check your black market and catacombs and try see a difference :))))
Dec 11, 2016, 02:4012/11/16
05/15/16
How is RNG supposed to make this game hardcore? Look at other successful games, Blizzard's franchises, FPS, DOTA type games all offer you the opportunity to spend real life money on a set item; not chances at winning.... I understand plarium is a company, but come on, this is so blunty about getting players to spend $$ which will not attract new players
Dec 11, 2016, 12:5812/11/16

gamblification

Dec 13, 2016, 07:4012/13/16
07/25/15

Just want to add....

For Alyona to lock a bunch of threads and gather the discussion into ONE thread, and then the new admin close that one as well with the conclusion of "because we say so its legal.", doesn't make it so.

If Plarium have any reference to law and rule that state this is no clear case of gambling. Please supply it.
Dec 13, 2016, 10:2112/13/16
03/01/16

Gadheras said:

Just want to add....

For Alyona to lock a bunch of threads and gather the discussion into ONE thread, and then the new admin close that one as well with the conclusion of "because we say so its legal.", doesn't make it so.

If Plarium have any reference to law and rule that state this is no clear case of gambling. Please supply it.

The topic was closed because we gave several irrefragable answers regarding this matter.

Dec 13, 2016, 13:4312/13/16
Dec 13, 2016, 13:50(edited)

with the tour of money that there is

many courts could circumvent the law with "virtual currency" (i think 5/10) money money money

the reality of what they say worldwide laws and the terms and ways that Plarium used=gambling

this game for dynamic and mechanical strategy* (*strategy referred to Plarium) is not a strategic game, should be at least prohibited to minors!!!

it's all a deception terms and the only strategy is how intelligently spend your sapphires

Dec 13, 2016, 15:0712/13/16
07/25/15

Eugenia Misura said:

Gadheras said:

Just want to add....

The topic was closed because we gave several irrefragable answers regarding this matter.

Well acording to the laws here in Norway regarding lottery and gambling, its not. I can supply you links to the the relevant laws in question if you want? And others on the forums here have been refering to laws in their own countries as well. The issue never been about the prize have an actual montetary value that can be sold of etc for rl cash, the issue been the entry ticket that can be.

I gave an example, how a dispute over a charge back could unfold, and Im certain the terms gambling would surface.

If Plarium can actually show towards actual law within like EU, that this isn't gambling, I would love for you to do so.

Dec 14, 2016, 09:4212/14/16
Dec 15, 2016, 10:19(edited)
03/01/16

Lords and Ladies, as was mentioned in all our previous responses, the Prize Draw is not to be considered any type of gambling. If you have any doubts or don't like this feature, you can continue playing the game without participating in Draws. It's up to you. Each player should decide which aspects of the game make his gaming experience comfortable and positive.

Dec 14, 2016, 14:5412/14/16
08/03/14

Eugenia Misura said:

Lords and Ladies, as was menationed in all our previous responses, the Prize Draw is not to be considered any type of gambling. If you have any doubts or don't like this feature, you can continue playing the game without participating in Draws. It's up to you. Each player should decide which aspects of the game make his gaming experience comfortable and positive.

telling us that crack isnt to be considered a drug doesnt it make it not a drug.

you can claim all you want, but the laws of many countries make this illegal. 
Dec 16, 2016, 20:3112/16/16
08/31/15

FlyinTiger said:

No they don't.....  If I can only afford to buy one in the Express, that's a 1:100.  Whereas someone who buys 10... that's a 1:10.  Who do the odds favor now, Professor?
Each invested ticket has the same chances to be chosen a winning one. Some players may invest more tickets to increase their chances, but it doesn't mean that your chance of winning becomes less. It stays the same.

Each ticket has an equal chance to win.  In that sense, all players who participate have an equal chance to win.  

However, players are allowed to buy more than one ticket.  While each ticket has the same chance of winning, a player who holds 10 tickets has a greater chance of holding a winning ticket than a player who holds just one ticket.  Can that one ticket win?  Yes.  Is it more likely for the person holding 10 tickets to win?  Yes.  If someone else bought up all the remaining 89 tickets, would they have a better chance of holding a winning ticket than the guy who has 10?  Yes.