All Categories

New Improvements And Castle Skin Available At The Black Market!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Lord OberonCharacter
Oct 20, 2016, 12:4610/20/16
01/06/15

All Hallows’ Eve!

My Lords and Ladies!

It is time once again to pay tribute to the scariest, spookiest and most interesting night of the year – All Hallows’ Eve!

Due to this, I have granted each Lord and Lady the ability to show their respects and honor the occasion in the best way they can.

From today, and for a limited time only, new Improvements and a brand new scary Castle skin is available for purchase from the Black Market!

There are but a few days left before All Hallows’ Eve, so make your decision quickly!

Lord Oberon

Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 20, 2016, 12:5810/20/16
07/02/15
The castle skin is easy to find but where do you have the "new improvements" what it seems like is that actually NO "new improvements" were added and you are advertising for old improvements that have always been there.
Oct 20, 2016, 14:4110/20/16
06/13/14

There is no new castle skin. The one with pumpkins was there since always. 

This is low. Advertising something OLD as NEW and for LIMITED TIME.

How stupid do you think we are?
Oct 20, 2016, 17:1910/20/16
10/31/14

The pumpkin cattle skin, I need one of those, Love pumpkins, 

But I have no sapphires left, had 42K last week now less than  100, How do you get those without coining in a limited time

I also appreciate the fact that you stopped using the word Halloween, its a sinners word, fashion to extend imperialism. Next is ''winter units'' that come when 90 % of the world is having summer. We must do way with that too.
Oct 20, 2016, 17:4510/20/16
12/13/14

Please add Skins and Improvements to our Dragon Bonuses for CDB +30%

Oct 20, 2016, 18:3510/20/16
07/02/15
oracle said:

But I have no sapphires left, had 42K last week now less than  100, How do you get those without coining in a limited time

diddnt you know??? that was Plariums plan all along they were watching your sapphire amount specifically now they are like (OH finally oracle doesn't have enough sapps to buy this skin that he would love lets add it now so he has to coin EVEN more to get it) LOL
Oct 21, 2016, 07:0810/21/16
06/08/16
FAILO said:

The castle skin is easy to find but where do you have the "new improvements" what it seems like is that actually NO "new improvements" were added and you are advertising for old improvements that have always been there.
While the Castle Skin and All Hallow's Eve Improvements may not be "new" to you and others that have been in the game for over a year, they are "new" to players who have been in the game for less time. I do believe the lack of specificity in the wording may be a bit misleading, but not to the detriment of anyone.
Oct 21, 2016, 07:1410/21/16
06/08/16

zapelo said:

I am sure nobody believes any of the players are "stupid" as it does take a modicum of intelligence to play a strategy game. 

While the "Haunted Castle"  Castle Skin and the accompanying themed Improvements may not be "new" to you, they may be "new" to players that have not been in the game as long as you have. However, the "limited time only" is accurate.
Oct 21, 2016, 07:1610/21/16
06/08/16
oracle said:

I also appreciate the fact that you stopped using the word Halloween, its a sinners word, fashion to extend imperialism. Next is ''winter units'' that come when 90 % of the world is having summer. We must do way with that too.
The "Haunted Castle" Castle Skin has been made available, on an annual basis, for the past few years and I believe that trend will continue so if you are short on Sapphires this year, as I was last year, you have an entire year to save up for the purchase!
Oct 21, 2016, 07:1810/21/16
06/08/16
Snowgoon said:

Please add Skins and Improvements to our Dragon Bonuses for CDB +30%

This is an excellent idea! Please re-post to the Suggestion Thread. Thank you!
Oct 21, 2016, 10:3810/21/16
Oct 21, 2016, 10:38(edited)
01/26/15

in that case RED why say "new" ?

he could say something like this : "To those who have not discovered our special Halloween castle skin and many other related halloween improvements "

so technically it was false advertising !
Oct 21, 2016, 11:1210/21/16
04/10/15

Dear lords

in my opinion this is just arguing for the sake of spending time. hallowen special masks has been there long time. It's just a way of signaling that are still there, whether they are new or not, or if the word used 'new' is wrong is irrelevant.

enjoy the game and whoever wants to buy it  the mask and the improvements are there

Regards

Oct 21, 2016, 12:1310/21/16
Oct 21, 2016, 12:16(edited)
07/02/15

Red said:

FAILO said:

While the Castle Skin and All Hallow's Eve Improvements may not be "new" to you and others that have been in the game for over a year, they are "new" to players who have been in the game for less time. I do believe the lack of specificity in the wording may be a bit misleading, but not to the detriment of anyone.

i know the skin usually comes and goes but there are no new improvements that i can find that only come and go very bad advertiseing.

And yes if a player joined yesterday then improvements would be "new" to him/her.. but so would everything else in the game..  are you going to make a new topic now ("New catacombs now you can hide your troops from enemy raids") that is about what "new improvents" when there are none like to me.
Oct 21, 2016, 17:2210/21/16
oracle said:

There is never a time when 90% of the world is having summer. It is a physical impossibility. No matter what angle your axis of rotation is tilted from the orbital plane or how extreme the difference in winter and summer, you still can not exceed 50% summer and less if you have distinct vernal and autumnal seasons as well.
Oct 21, 2016, 17:2910/21/16
Oct 21, 2016, 17:30(edited)

djmoody said:

Red said:

FAILO said:

One of the worst posts ever. You don't have to justify the indefensible just because you are a mod (and a "new" one by the looks of it seeing as these were your first posts - by "new" i really do mean "produced, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time; not existing before").

It's just pure and simple false advertising. It's done quite intentionally to maximise profit and mislead their own customers. It's a not particular  nice sales technique, rush people to buy without proper consideration via a time limited offer. In this case they crossed the line of decency by outright lying.

I'm sorry. Who forced you to buy it? You are spitting vitriol as if you fell for a massive scam and did not realize it until your fortune was squandered. If you know that something is not "new" and yet you spend money on it anyway, rushing to buy anything without proper consideration is how the proverbial fool is parted from his wealth. Someone so fiscally irresponsible needs no help from any marketer to find foolish ways to discard his cash.

Oct 22, 2016, 08:0910/22/16
07/05/15

Red said:

FAILO said:

RED: 

1) It has been detrimental to me (I have requested new improvements under suggestions, so my hopes were raised when I saw this thread, and dashed when I read it); 

2) it has been detrimental to your own credibility, and, hopefully, your own conscience; 

3) it has been detrimental to Plarium's relationship with players; and

4) it is detrimental to people whose decision to spend money has been influenced by false information. 

False advertising is considered unethical because it is detrimental.  Do you have the moral courage to acknowledge this?

I realise, that like a lot of companies, you seem to put marketing analytics ahead of direct customer feedback. I can understand how this applies to new features, etc, but does it apply to ethical issues as well?

1) Your marketing department has concluded that false advertising is the way to go - 

2) You have direct feedback from customers saying it's not acceptable.  

Please pick one.

(Please note; it's never too late to do the right thing: you can close this thread, create a new one acknowledging that this one was misleading, and then correctly state the facts - if implemented, I would be incredibly impressed; and if such a correction made it to the "news", I would be blown away.)

Oct 22, 2016, 08:1110/22/16
07/05/15

Community, please assist me with this one, I may be mistaken:

When I look at the list of improvements available to me, I see nothing new whatsoever, which suggests that the "Limited time" line only applies to the Castle skin.

Oct 22, 2016, 13:5610/22/16
06/13/14

Red said:

zapelo said:

I am sure nobody believes any of the players are "stupid" as it does take a modicum of intelligence to play a strategy game. 

While the "Haunted Castle"  Castle Skin and the accompanying themed Improvements may not be "new" to you, they may be "new" to players that have not been in the game as long as you have. However, the "limited time only" is accurate.
The castle skin and all improvements connected to Halloween are there from "forever".
Either they will be removed or it is another lie in a series.
And the wording of the original message about it being "new" is not a "bit" misleading. It is a plain and simple lie. 
English is not a complicated language to understand. 
So it leads me to repeat/upgrade my question.
How stupid or brainwashed do you think we are?
Oct 22, 2016, 14:0710/22/16
Oct 25, 2016, 17:33(edited)
12/13/14

Keaton said:

Community, please assist me with this one, I may be mistaken:

When I look at the list of improvements available to me, I see nothing new whatsoever, which suggests that the "Limited time" line only applies to the Castle skin.

It looks like they mean the skull candle - http://prntscr.com/cxii9c

I don't think any of these arguments are constructive nor helpful.
Seasonal items have always been offered in games like this and are often shown as 'new'
Veteran gamers take such claims with a pinch of salt, and realise that they will be new for most players but not for all. Its not important.

The price of such items, however, is important

We can get the same skins on other servers 60% cheaper - and they are 50% stronger too

The Haunted Castle costs 2,000 not 5,000 and gives 1500 bonus not 1000

http://prntscr.com/cximp5

Only 800 Sapphires with 60% discount and gives 1500 Castle Bonus

Oct 23, 2016, 08:0010/23/16
06/08/16
KING said:

in that case RED why say "new" ?

he could say something like this : "To those who have not discovered our special Halloween castle skin and many other related halloween improvements "

so technically it was false advertising !
I will not hazard a guess as to "why" Lord Oberon's post was worded as it was. However, I am happy to forward your suggestion for re-wording to the Community Manager.
Oct 23, 2016, 08:1110/23/16
06/08/16

djmoody said:

Red said:

FAILO said:

One of the worst posts ever. You don't have to justify the indefensible just because you are a mod (and a "new" one by the looks of it seeing as these were your first posts - by "new" i really do mean "produced, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time; not existing before").

It's just pure and simple false advertising. It's done quite intentionally to maximise profit and mislead their own customers. It's a not particular  nice sales technique, rush people to buy without proper consideration via a time limited offer. In this case they crossed the line of decency by outright lying.

You are entitled to your opinion of any post on the Forum.

While I am "new" to the Forum on this site, I am not new to being a Moderator nor am I new to the game.

I don't believe Lord Oberon's message was "done quite intentionally" nor do I believe you have proof to support your libelous statement, so please consider your words carefully.

Please remember, nobody forces anyone to buy anything in this game. Each player chooses their own action or inaction.