This topic is closed

Ask the Developer

77 Replies
Gadheras
5 October, 2016, 10:03 AM UTC

Nemanja said:


Lord Gadheras,

I'm not VIP. As far as I know there are special invitation's for VIP club. In case you're wondering how feel free to ask Alyona how can you join them.

I don't want to, Im just worried what you said about VIP above compared to what Alyona told us before, because it doesn't add up. 

UTC +2:00
1
Lady Nerium KT-S2
5 October, 2016, 3:51 PM UTC
Nemanja said:

Lady Sharon,

in case there was a 24 hrs without playing clock returned to zero. Irrelevant of time difference you have to play it once per day to receive loyalty reward.
You have to REFRESH after the date change for it to count, so even if you were actually playing, if you didn't refresh or log back in, it didn't click the counter.
I think, therefore I game.
UTC +5:00
1
Jezebel
5 October, 2016, 7:37 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


KING said:


Question

- why don't you guys add the option to change the Rank at which one can see whats in the beacons ?



We've already raised the Rank starting from which players can see Beacon defense.

really? so what rank can see the beacons now?  I wasn't aware of this change.


In the thread of accepted suggestions it says Rangers and above can see beacon statistics, this is incorrect as Guardians can still see them.  I think it would be better to let the Marshal decide which rank is allowed to see beacon and fortress stats so that they can maintain control and the leadership of the league can promote deserving players while still keeping sensitive information protected.
UTC +0:00
0
Jezebel
5 October, 2016, 8:33 PM UTC

I would actually like to know why if we are required to hold a beacon in order to level up our fortress a league who has upgraded their fortress to level 20 is not required to hold a beacon to keep the fortress at that level?



UTC +0:00
2
Snowgoon
5 October, 2016, 9:07 PM UTC
Jezebel said:

I would actually like to know why if we are required to hold a beacon in order to level up our fortress a league who has upgraded their fortress to level 20 is not required to hold a beacon to keep the fortress at that level?

I don't think that you are required to hold a beacon, but some fortress upgrades require us to downgrade enemy beacons
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
UTC +0:00
0
Jezebel
5 October, 2016, 11:06 PM UTC

Snowgoon said:


Jezebel said:


I would actually like to know why if we are required to hold a beacon in order to level up our fortress a league who has upgraded their fortress to level 20 is not required to hold a beacon to keep the fortress at that level?

I don't think that you are required to hold a beacon, but some fortress upgrades require us to downgrade enemy beacons

http://prntscr.com/cqc2f1


we are required to hold a level 1 beacon to upgrade our fortress to level 12


I am assuming the number of beacons required to level up the fortress will increase as we progress.

UTC +0:00
0
jharrin
6 October, 2016, 5:09 PM UTC

Nemanja said:


Lady Sharon,

in case there was a 24 hrs without playing clock returned to zero. Irrelevant of time difference you have to play it once per day to receive loyalty reward.

I have had the same thing happen as Lady Sharon.  I think the definition of "day" may matter.  It wasn't clear what the definition of a "day" is in the response Nemanja gave.  If the game is considering a "day" to be from 0:00 UTC to the next 0:00 UTC, then 11 AM your time might be 23:00 UTC, and 1 PM your time might be 1:00 UTC (for example).  Then if you play for one minute at 11 AM one day, and then for one minute at 1 PM the next day, from the game's viewpoint there was a whole "day" from 0:00 UTC to the next 0:00 UTC where you didn't play even though from your viewpoint, you played two consecutive days.  That could be what causes this.  Because of this problem, I think I will probably never get to 90 days of consecutive playing, even though I play every day.  I am trying to log in once in the morning and once in the evening to avoid going back to day 1 no matter how the game calculates a day, but I can't always do that.  I would like to know exactly how the game calculates a "day".  Is it from a specific UTC time to the same time 24 hours later?  Or is it a sliding window, where if you let any 24-hour period pass without logging in the day count gets reset to '1', for example if you log in at 9:12 AM one day and 9:23 AM the next day in any arbitrary time zone, is that more than "a day" so the day count gets reset?

I think it would be very good if the game would let a player optionally designate what time zone they are in, and then when the days of consecutive playing are calculated, consider a player has played two consecutive days if they log in between midnight and the next midnight on day 1, and then also log in between midnight and the next midnight on day 2, in THEIR time zone.  Or EVEN BETTER, consider that a person may get up at 7 AM one day and play in the morning, and the next day they go to bed very late, say 2 AM, and play after midnight; for the daily login reward, have the game consider a day to be exactly 44 hours.  Any time the passage of time since the last login is less than 44 hours, consider the player to have played two consecutive days.  I felt angry with the game when I went from around 70 days back to day 1, when I had not missed a "day".  There is no real reason to have the game do the calculation in a certain way that does NOT give a reward to people who do log in every day from their point of view.  If the concern is not giving the reward to people who don't earn it, then I think that if the game uses any number of hours less than 48 as a day, people who do not log in every day from their point of view will not be able to get the daily login reward for 60 or 90 days unless they commit to some significant sleep and work hours adjustment according to the game day calculation schedule.  I don't see many, if any, people doing that.  But if the number is fairly close to 48, then the people who do log in every day from their point of view will not have their login count reset back to zero due to some arbitrary game mechanic; they will be able to get the 90-day reward even if they don't log in at the same time every day.

Regardless of whether the company takes one of those suggestions, I would like to know how the game defines a "day" at this time.  Obviously a day is 24 hours, but what is the precise requirement for having the game consider that the current login is less than a day since the previous login, so that the day count will not be reset to '1'?

UTC +5:00
0
Lady Nerium KT-S2
6 October, 2016, 5:33 PM UTC

Would it help if there was a Server/UTC Time clock so you would know when date reset was? Possibly at the bottom of the screen? With so many of us in different time zones the only way we can coordinate is by UTC time, so it would also help with normal operations.  


It also might help if Plarium defined exactly what time the Date Change is, and when the weekly contests officially end?
I think, therefore I game.
UTC +5:00
1
exxxe
6 October, 2016, 6:00 PM UTC

lords and ladies can you pls create a separate topic to discuss this because this topic is for asking the devs questions where it will be answered in the live stream


@lady Nerium a server time is a suggestion that has been accepted however still no time frame on its arrival
I'am me and that is what i care about :)
UTC +3:00
0
Juglar del Viento
Moderator
6 October, 2016, 7:00 PM UTC

Dear Lords

i point the comment of my parthner exxe, please if you want to discuss about game create a thread about it on proper section, the opposite will bring deleting the off topic comments. Please use this one only for asking devs.


and by the way, my question:


about battlegrounds, could you tell us some tips about them ?? for example how much killed troops bank or when you receive a big payout which premises we have to satisfy to get anoter big payout. its only refill the amount required for certain level or you have to satisfy another secondary premise ??

Regards
Resistance Is Futile
UTC +1:00
0
Drogar61
6 October, 2016, 8:04 PM UTC

What are conditions that we are met before we can get full payout from BG?

What is Eldrich units price in resources in BG?

What is Legendaries prices in resources in BG?
UTC +0:00
0
IronApex Turok
6 October, 2016, 9:03 PM UTC

what are the devoplers plans for the game as flash comes to an end?  will they recode? or will they dump the game?


as mobile games become more popular, how important is it to the developers to maintain a browser based presence in the changing world of online gaming?

if they do recode, what are the chances of adding in a turn based PvP option?




UTC +0:00
0
jssamp2003
7 October, 2016, 12:22 AM UTC

How are the defense points of a defense force with mixed types applied to an attacking force consisting also of mixed types of units?

I will use an example with Balur's units because BG is fresh in my mind.

Say 117 Marennon, 42 orcs, 2 orcish raiders, 123 ogres get attacked by an offense of 8 wyverns, 10 warlocks, 11 knights, and 15 paladins.
Do the orcs have 20 defense or 60 because paladins are present? Are the ogres 60 to the knights but 180 with respect to the warlocks? Is the percentage of each type of attacking unit used as a weighting factor for the total defense points? Rarely do you see attacks made with only one type of unit.

And how is it that in a successful defense of a village where all of the evil units are killed but only less than 50% of each type of defending units get killed, that the single legendary unit with them is killed? If a 100% of the single unit is killed then 100% of the others should die as well. Or do legendary units not follow the same system of defense points / total defense plus offense points?

If you don't make mistakes you are doing engineering wrong. If you don't fix the mistakes you are doing engineering way wrong. If you don't admit you make mistakes you aren't doing engineering.
UTC +7:00
0
jssamp2003
7 October, 2016, 12:39 AM UTC

Another question burning holes in my head; what are Battleground tournament points based on. The description says that you will get points for each one of Balur's minions that you defeat. How many points? Are the points the same for orcs as for ogres? I recently killed 42 orcs, 2 orcish raiders, 123 ogres, 117 marennons and got 35 tournament points. If we are using body counts then somebody over there needs to learn how to count. I get 284 by my count. not 35. So maybe it is not really points for each body but for some bodies. In that case it comes out to 8.11428571429 Balur's minions per point. Or if the point given are really a fraction of a point per dead monster. That fraction must be 0.12323943662 per enemy of light that is vanquished.

These numbers seem suspect. Everywhere else in the game we see mostly nice whole numbers or percentages. Whatever the case, how can a lord with an eye on efficiency and getting the best result for his efforts possibly make a decision about whether a particular situation is to his advantage to attack or he should find another opportunity with a better reward?

If you don't make mistakes you are doing engineering wrong. If you don't fix the mistakes you are doing engineering way wrong. If you don't admit you make mistakes you aren't doing engineering.
UTC +7:00
1
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
7 October, 2016, 7:42 AM UTC
Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

Would it help if there was a Server/UTC Time clock so you would know when date reset was? Possibly at the bottom of the screen? With so many of us in different time zones the only way we can coordinate is by UTC time, so it would also help with normal operations.  


It also might help if Plarium defined exactly what time the Date Change is, and when the weekly contests officially end?
It's already in development plans :)
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
1
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
7 October, 2016, 7:47 AM UTC

Thank you all for your questions! All noted! 

You have one more week to leave your questions here.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
0
IronApex Turok
7 October, 2016, 10:32 PM UTC
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

Would it help if there was a Server/UTC Time clock so you would know when date reset was? Possibly at the bottom of the screen? With so many of us in different time zones the only way we can coordinate is by UTC time, so it would also help with normal operations.  


It also might help if Plarium defined exactly what time the Date Change is, and when the weekly contests officially end?
It's already in development plans :)
5 years into the game and its still in development?!
UTC +0:00
1
exxxe
8 October, 2016, 7:42 AM UTC

IronApex Turok said:


Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:


Would it help if there was a Server/UTC Time clock so you would know when date reset was? Possibly at the bottom of the screen? With so many of us in different time zones the only way we can coordinate is by UTC time, so it would also help with normal operations.  


It also might help if Plarium defined exactly what time the Date Change is, and when the weekly contests officially end?
It's already in development plans :)
5 years into the game and its still in development?!

lord turok 


the suggestion was accepted 13.5.2016


feel free to check the suggestions thread 

I'am me and that is what i care about :)
UTC +3:00
0
Snowgoon
8 October, 2016, 1:44 PM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:


Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:


Would it help if there was a Server/UTC Time clock so you would know when date reset was? Possibly at the bottom of the screen? With so many of us in different time zones the only way we can coordinate is by UTC time, so it would also help with normal operations.  


It also might help if Plarium defined exactly what time the Date Change is, and when the weekly contests officially end?
It's already in development plans :)

A clock is not really needed

We already have a UTC timer on daily login - It is now 10 hours and 17 minutes to next midnight reset




Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
UTC +0:00
0
Snowgoon
8 October, 2016, 1:50 PM UTC

jssamp2003 said:


How are the defense points of a defense force with mixed types applied to an attacking force consisting also of mixed types of units?

I will use an example with Balur's units because BG is fresh in my mind.

Say 117 Marennon, 42 orcs, 2 orcish raiders, 123 ogres get attacked by an offense of 8 wyverns, 10 warlocks, 11 knights, and 15 paladins.
Do the orcs have 20 defense or 60 because paladins are present? Are the ogres 60 to the knights but 180 with respect to the warlocks? Is the percentage of each type of attacking unit used as a weighting factor for the total defense points? Rarely do you see attacks made with only one type of unit.

And how is it that in a successful defense of a village where all of the evil units are killed but only less than 50% of each type of defending units get killed, that the single legendary unit with them is killed? If a 100% of the single unit is killed then 100% of the others should die as well. Or do legendary units not follow the same system of defense points / total defense plus offense points?

Defense points are based on weighted percentage - If 50% of your attack force's strength is Bestiary then 50% of Marennon will have 240 defense and the other 50% will have 80 defense.
This is true of all defense units, not just balur defense

Single Units will not die if you send 2.5x BG Strength. ( but a safety margin is recommended)

Perhaps your Legendary should have survived, but we would need very complicated arithmetic to check this. It is possible that your exact loss percentage was 50.5% so the legendary died but you only lost half your army.
If you definitely lost less than half we certainly have a problem - algorithm nerf?
!00 single units at level 20 have over 75k offense and can kill 30k balur defense with no loss

Tournament points are calculated as one-fiftieth of battleground ranking - Battleground Ranking is 10% of average BG Strength - http://prntscr.com/crc3rf

... and if anyone needs to know, Power Points are one-fortieth of base unit strength - so Dragon = 1680/40 = 42 pp

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
UTC +0:00
0
1781086 users registered; 48440 topics; 287454 posts; our newest member:spmit88