Ask the Developer

Ask the Developer

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Lord OberonCharacter
Oct 4, 2016, 12:1110/04/16
01/06/15

Ask the Developer

Do you have questions about Plarium games for the people who make them? Would you like to know why certain features work the way they do or what updates are coming up?

We are going to have a Q&A video soon, so leave comments with your questions below! We will answer as many of them as we can!    

Ask a question! Don’t miss your chance to get some inside information! 

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 4, 2016, 12:5610/04/16
01/26/15

Question

- why don't you guys add the option to change the Rank at which one can see whats in the beacons ?

Request

- please fix message system it shows 1 unread message but have to refresh to get access to it

Opinions/observations to consider

- the defense and offense imbalance with regards to beacons and fortress

1) Offense has HUGH advantage in beacons ...WHY?

- you need 3 x 50% boosts for a hammer vs. you would need a whole league to put a 50% boost just to counter act that

- there is no limit to what can hit Beacons

2) Defense has a HUGH advantage in fortress ...WHY?

- there is a limit to what you can hit in a fortress and the limit is at a point you cant have a good % win so its not worth even hitting

i consider merging the concept of beacons and fortresses (the difference will still be there like def bonuses and knowledge etc)

NOTE: the question and opinions are just there so you can consider possible updates LOL and has no reason for classification besides the fact a Question requires a response which shows it is more important to me

Oct 4, 2016, 16:1310/04/16
02/28/16

What's the point of VIP program? Why players in that program are given information when beacons gonna drop beforehand? Do you think that it is fair to people not in the program?

Oct 4, 2016, 16:4110/04/16

My Lord,

that is marketing. VIP players are biggest game contributors so they should get something in return.

Oct 4, 2016, 17:0510/04/16
Oct 4, 2016, 17:07(edited)
12/13/14

Is there any truth in this document?

http://prntscr.com/bgrn44

I have tried many experiments and have never been able to reproduce this - the winner in many battles suffers extra losses, why?

Winner loses over 58%, but it should never be more than 50% - http://prntscr.com/buu1i3

How does this document explain Siege Mechanics and Raid Mechanics?

How does this document explain the effects of Overwhelming Force?

Oct 4, 2016, 17:1110/04/16
03/22/16
Snowgoon said:

I have tried many experiments and have never been able to reproduce this - the winner in many battles suffers extra losses, why?

Winner loses over 58%, but it should never be more than 50% - http://prntscr.com/buu1i3

There are many variables. If the defense is in a Castle castle bonuses have to be calculated and adjustments made. Same for a fortress or Beacon. Normally the approximately 16 to 1 offense over defense will win but he losses can be much higher than calculated due to missed adjustments.
Oct 4, 2016, 17:1810/04/16
Oct 4, 2016, 17:50(edited)
12/13/14

brunsonthomas said:

Snowgoon said:

There are many variables. If the defense is in a Castle castle bonuses have to be calculated and adjustments made. Same for a fortress or Beacon. Normally the approximately 16 to 1 offense over defense will win but he losses can be much higher than calculated due to missed adjustments.

There were NO variables in my experiments - if there were any hidden defense bonuses (there were none) then I would not win the battle, I would have lost ... but then my opponent would suffer extra losses instead because he becomes the winner

Why not try these experiments yourself to test them?

How could there be any variables when all battles are fought here? - http://prntscr.com/cpszue
Even Hero Equipment etc was removed to avoid complications

Oct 4, 2016, 19:3910/04/16
07/25/15

Nemanja said:

My Lord,

that is marketing. VIP players are biggest game contributors so they should get something in return.

Alyena said VIP players is quite random and not deppending on age , level of spending etc etc..... So come again?

Oct 4, 2016, 21:0710/04/16
12/09/15
There is many things that can be bought only with sapphires like wall, improvement, fortification, castle skin, altar of weor... and it is needed a great bunch of them, but it is weary hard to get them. Even on tournaments. We need to kill a lot of units for 200 sapphires, and even bigger bunch for 100 more. And only castle skin cost 2000 of them with discount that I did not see in long time.
Oct 4, 2016, 21:1310/04/16
06/22/14

Gadheras said:

Nemanja said:

My Lord,

Alyena said VIP players is quite random and not deppending on age , level of spending etc etc..... So come again?

Why are you upset? Somebody promised us that we will get answer on every question.

Nobody promised that we will get truth.

Oct 4, 2016, 21:5110/04/16
12/13/14
Kjkl said:

There is many things that can be bought only with sapphires like wall, improvement, fortification, castle skin, altar of weor... and it is needed a great bunch of them, but it is weary hard to get them. Even on tournaments. We need to kill a lot of units for 200 sapphires, and even bigger bunch for 100 more. And only castle skin cost 2000 of them with discount that I did not see in long time.
All of these items are optional ... but a good league will help you to get many sapphires from tournaments. I agree that solo tournaments are a compete waste of units once you hit level 61
Oct 5, 2016, 05:0910/05/16
01/11/16

Nemanja said:

My Lord,

Biggest contributors? So this is more of a scam then. Probably developers playing the game having everything they want in control. A pen to write price to try to win. Just brain washing people to think this game has some kind of real life value.

Beacons and league fortress are to get people to spend money, give the biggest "Contributors"  want they want. Leaving the conflict of interest to the "Contributors" and actual players to keep game as a farm. 

Avoiding what this game is suppose to be about, going to war.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Oct 5, 2016, 06:1810/05/16
09/17/15

Guys, as I said before:

When it came to selecting the participants of the program, multiple factors were taken into consideration, such as the amount of time spent playing the game, how long ago players joined, and their levels of activity in the game. The amount of funds invested into the game is secondary to all those factors. We hope that the VIP Program will be seen as a nice game addition for an experienced player.

So basically you can call VIPs contributors, but it doesn't mean that they are only contributing funds.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Oct 5, 2016, 06:2110/05/16
09/17/15
KING said:

Question

- why don't you guys add the option to change the Rank at which one can see whats in the beacons ?

We've already raised the Rank starting from which players can see Beacon defense.
Oct 5, 2016, 06:5010/05/16
07/25/15
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Guys, as I said before:

When it came to selecting the participants of the program, multiple factors were taken into consideration, such as the amount of time spent playing the game, how long ago players joined, and their levels of activity in the game. The amount of funds invested into the game is secondary to all those factors. We hope that the VIP Program will be seen as a nice game addition for an experienced player.

So basically you can call VIPs contributors, but it doesn't mean that they are only contributing funds.

When Nemenja claim these is the biggest contributors to the game and is "deserving", and then compare that to what you said about VIP before, it doesn't add up.  Smells fishy.
Oct 5, 2016, 08:0910/05/16

Can you tell us more about the fireball defense feature or when we will see it?

What is the endgame for battlegrounds?  They go up to 155 now.  Will the maximum level just keep going up indefinitely or is there a different "end" in sight?

Oct 5, 2016, 08:4510/05/16

Lord Gadheras,

I'm not VIP. As far as I know there are special invitation's for VIP club. In case you're wondering how feel free to ask Alyona how can you join them.

Oct 5, 2016, 09:5010/05/16

Sorry I dont understand. I play the game at least for an hour or more a day usually in the afternoons but on one ocassion I played the game 11pm. This was when I was getting close the 70 th day. and then the next day the game was back to day 1.

Oct 5, 2016, 09:5310/05/16

Lady Sharon,

in case there was a 24 hrs without playing clock returned to zero. Irrelevant of time difference you have to play it once per day to receive loyalty reward.
Oct 5, 2016, 10:0310/05/16
07/25/15

Nemanja said:

Lord Gadheras,

I'm not VIP. As far as I know there are special invitation's for VIP club. In case you're wondering how feel free to ask Alyona how can you join them.

I don't want to, Im just worried what you said about VIP above compared to what Alyona told us before, because it doesn't add up. 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.