All Categories

Succeed In Tournaments And Win Vast Prizes!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Lord OberonCharacter
Sep 23, 2016, 12:5509/23/16
01/06/15

Reach The Elite Tier For The Finest Rewards!

Lords and Ladies of Stormfall!

Tournaments are a noble way of proving your valor against other Lords and Ladies in the Kingdom. By taking part in these incredible in-game Events, you can win a range of wonderful prizes!

To level the playing field, similarly skilled Lords and Ladies are grouped into Tiers. This means that everyone has a fair chance of achieving top spot! Remember: the higher you place in your Tier, the greater your Reward for the Tournament will be!

There will also be recognition for those who achieve greatness on a global scale. The best performers in any Tournament will earn their place in the Elite Tier and receive an array of powerful Rewards!

It is easy to keep track of the latest standings from the Tournament window, in the Rankings tab. There you can find two subtabs: "My Tier" and "Elite Tier".

In the "My Tier" subtab, you can see how you are faring against the other players in your Tier, whereas the “Elite Tier” subtab displays a list of the Lords and Ladies who have made it to the very top!

Keep fighting to get spectacular Rewards! Only the best will conquer their Tiers!

Lord Oberon

Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 23, 2016, 13:5309/23/16
Sep 23, 2016, 14:59(edited)
12/13/14

Lord Oberon said:

Lords and Ladies of Stormfall!

To level the playing field, similarly skilled Lords and Ladies are grouped into Tiers. This means that everyone has a fair chance of achieving top spot

This is complete misinformation - foobar

There is no level playing field and similar skilled players are NOT grouped into Tiers.
Lower level players do NOT have a fair chance because they are grouped into the same Tiers as much stronger players

Level 50 in the same Tier as Level 70 - How is this 'fair'?

Sep 23, 2016, 15:1109/23/16
08/20/15
What was the start date on that tournament Snowgoon? If it started before the tiers system was set up then it should have continued with the current setup? 
Sep 23, 2016, 15:5509/23/16
Sep 23, 2016, 15:56(edited)
it meant the elite tier where only the top players will compete
Sep 23, 2016, 22:3309/23/16
12/13/14

exxxe said:

it meant the elite tier where only the top players will compete

I don't see how you work that out - Every player can see the same Elite Tier and it will be filled with level 75+ before this tournament ends. These Highest level players will collect DOUBLE rewards because their names appear in BOTH tiers.

They are robbing the poor to feed the rich

I would like to know how many versions of 'My Tier' we have been allocated, and how this actually represents players of the same skill level - It was stated that this relates to success in previous tournaments, but that makes no sense at all

Sep 25, 2016, 18:1509/25/16
01/11/16

Plariums corruption with the greed of money is getting out of hand for awhile now. So why give high coiners pvp? Play for free as advertised, just catacomb. Wait for allies to betray each other. Its bound to happen if you dont let the bullies to advantage. They probably just go do BGs and get mad how they spent all this money on a game. Plus a lot coiners been maxing there credit card and reporting fraud and plarium just gives them negative sapphires and dont take troops away.

Just shows the credit ability of Plarium who gives a damn what happens to their own game.  

Not to mention its only a game and im happy spending my money on something that last longer then a few minutes.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Sep 26, 2016, 08:5009/26/16
09/17/15
Guys, those level 50 and level 70 have shown the same results in previous Tournaments, so their skills were defined as equal. That's the reason why they are in the same Tier right now. If a level 70 reaches the highest score in this Tournament, he'll compete with more qualified players in the next Tournament, etc.
Sep 27, 2016, 00:3709/27/16
Sep 27, 2016, 00:47(edited)
11/04/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Guys, those level 50 and level 70 have shown the same results in previous Tournaments, so their skills were defined as equal. That's the reason why they are in the same Tier right now. If a level 70 reaches the highest score in this Tournament, he'll compete with more qualified players in the next Tournament, etc.

Defined as equal because of previous tournament score ... so the level 50 got hammered in the previous tourney, lost his entire army but scored well in pvp, and the level 70 coasted his way through and got a bad score, so now you 'reward' them both by dropping them into the same tier?

There are many reasons why high level players could score badly in pvp - maybe they didn't bother to compete? - yet you reward them by placing them in an easy tier? This makes it impossible for mid-level players to compete
Maybe we should all ignore pvp for 2 - 3 weeks and get a really easy tier next time?
Absurd logic based on terrible number-crunching.

But none of this explains why the top players are rewarded in BOTH tiers

My Tier - http://prnt.sc/cmrf2n

Elite Tier - http://prnt.sc/cmrfdf

The Tournament Winner is handed 15,000 Sapphires from My Tier PLUS 7,500 Sapphires from Elite Tier

This is such a bad idea

Sep 27, 2016, 05:4109/27/16
08/03/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

AIRPLANE NOISES!!!!!!!

you cant come in and rank the top 5 in all the PvP tournaments and stay at rank 50.  chances are those fellas are in there for the first time because they lost everything in a beacon attack,. 
Sep 27, 2016, 11:3509/27/16
09/17/15
toggit said:

Defined as equal because of previous tournament score ... so the level 50 got hammered in the previous tourney, lost his entire army but scored well in pvp, and the level 70 coasted his way through and got a bad score, so now you 'reward' them both by dropping them into the same tier?

There are many reasons why high level players could score badly in pvp - maybe they didn't bother to compete? - yet you reward them by placing them in an easy tier? This makes it impossible for mid-level players to compete
Maybe we should all ignore pvp for 2 - 3 weeks and get a really easy tier next time?
Absurd logic based on terrible number-crunching.

But none of this explains why the top players are rewarded in BOTH tiers

My Tier - http://prnt.sc/cmrf2n

Elite Tier - http://prnt.sc/cmrfdf

The Tournament Winner is handed 15,000 Sapphires from My Tier PLUS 7,500 Sapphires from Elite Tier

This is such a bad idea

How would you suggest to resolve this issue? Our developers have decided to implement this new feature to make Tournaments more fair. Of course there will be situations when one strong player did not participate in previous Tournaments, but came first in this one. But this is the single case.
Sep 27, 2016, 13:0409/27/16
10/31/14
  • Rib them apart into levels, level 40-50. 60-70 and 80+, these will solve everything
Sep 27, 2016, 14:0309/27/16
Sep 27, 2016, 18:00(edited)
12/13/14

oracle said:

• Rib them apart into levels, level 40-50. 60-70 and 80+, these will solve everything

This new system will destroy all new solo pvp tournaments

The old system worked reasonably well.
I think there were 7 tiers which originally had 100 players in each tier awarded sapphires.
Novice, Amateur, Veteran, Elite etc

5-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 61+

but a problem was allowed to develop which the original game designers failed to anticipate. Too many players in the top tier and too many coiners reaching very high levels.

All that needed to be done was to add new tiers

71-80, 81-90, 91-100, 100+

This new system is completely unfair and allows the coiners to ransack all new solo pvp tournaments - grabbing sapphires from both tiers and pushing all non-coiners out.

The solution is to transfer top players from My Tier to the new Elite Tier instead of handing them sapphires from both tiers.
The reduction from top 100 players to top 10 players in My Tier also needs to be scrapped.
There will be no point competing when we know that only the top ten will get sapphires

http://prntscr.com/cmyl9o

Plarium have spent the last 12 months destroying battlegrounds.
The Eye of Mordor now turns towards PvP
You are all Doomed
This game is Doomed
Just hide in the Catacombs

**********************************************************************************

I have just reached level 1500 in Dawn of the Dragons and scored 20 billion in the latest Tournament, simply by spending Stamina, Energy etc

I have always hated the design concept of disposable armies
Armies are not disposable
We learnt this at Gallipoli
We learnt this at the Somme

but we can all run to the Healer and buy them all back again so everything is fine ... right?

Sep 29, 2016, 08:1609/29/16
09/17/15
Thank you for your feedback, Snowgoon. I will pass it to our game developers.
Apr 19, 2017, 05:2504/19/17
02/20/17

So I'm in a tournament. It says I have collected 9025, but when I check the Fame it says I only have 6687. What's that about?

Apr 19, 2017, 09:2004/19/17
12/18/14

The tier system is based on how often you play a certain type of tournament it has nothing to do with levels so a level 65 castle that plays bg often is competing with high level players regardless of the level of bg

it has nothing to do with levels - there is no real balance in anything in this game
Apr 19, 2017, 11:1604/19/17
09/17/15
Ladnar said:

So I'm in a tournament. It says I have collected 9025, but when I check the Fame it says I only have 6687. What's that about?

Could you please attach screenshots? :)
Apr 19, 2017, 11:1804/19/17
09/17/15
Jezebel said:

The tier system is based on how often you play a certain type of tournament it has nothing to do with levels so a level 65 castle that plays bg often is competing with high level players regardless of the level of bg

it has nothing to do with levels - there is no real balance in anything in this game
Actually, current system is more balanced as it takes into account the amount of points you've gained in previous Tournaments of that type. If you're not an active BG player and never scored high, you will be in the same Tier as a very active low- level BG player, that had the same amount of points as you did.
Apr 19, 2017, 12:5804/19/17
Apr 19, 2017, 12:59(edited)
12/18/14

as an after thought i also want to comment on the League Tournaments

there is no way a smaller league can compete with top 10 - we tried - some of my players could use a Lovar's as they don't have one yet

we managed 3rd position but there was NO WAY we could compete with the leagues in 1st and 2nd position every time we got remotely close they just pushed harder - with bigger players and more than double the members we just ran out of gas we could not get any further
Apr 19, 2017, 18:3704/19/17
05/05/15
brunsonthomas said:

Jax said:

I am a level 79 player this is my tier for the current bg tournament http://prnt.sc/eye6v0

these are my bg stats from my profile http://prnt.sc/eye8qg

the stats for bg of the player currently in 1st position http://prnt.sc/eye9r1

the stats for bg of the player currently in 10th position http://prnt.sc/eye9ae

not exactly balance if you ask me 

How many times did you place in the top of your tier before this tournament. Apparently the computer believes you can compete against them. Being in the top ten in the tier tells me that is probably a fair assessment. You may not be the best but you are growing and able to challenge the best. So why are you complaining?
I am currently in 16th position with 33k points - i will not go further I have max rewards and if I attempted to make top 10 I would just get bumped out by those bigger players - its pointless for me to compete that much with those players I will end up getting my army stuck in bg's if I tried to play at their level
Apr 20, 2017, 09:1504/20/17

Lord Erik Bloodaxe,

as you can see no one deleted your post. Therefore, please stop posting wrong accusations.

Tournaments and competing for tier rankings are option. Its players own choice do they want to participate or not.

Apr 19, 2017, 20:1804/19/17
Apr 19, 2017, 20:46(edited)
02/02/17

Jax said:

brunsonthomas said:

Jax said:

I am a level 79 player this is my tier for the current bg tournament http://prnt.sc/eye6v0

these are my bg stats from my profile http://prnt.sc/eye8qg

the stats for bg of the player currently in 1st position http://prnt.sc/eye9r1

the stats for bg of the player currently in 10th position http://prnt.sc/eye9ae

not exactly balance if you ask me 

How many times did you place in the top of your tier before this tournament. Apparently the computer believes you can compete against them. Being in the top ten in the tier tells me that is probably a fair assessment. You may not be the best but you are growing and able to challenge the best. So why are you complaining?
I am currently in 16th position with 33k points - i will not go further I have max rewards and if I attempted to make top 10 I would just get bumped out by those bigger players - its pointless for me to compete that much with those players I will end up getting my army stuck in bg's if I tried to play at their level

Why would you even bother trying if 10th place only gets 200 sapphires?
but don't worry. After your 'success' in this tournament you will find yourself in a much tougher tier next week

If these are the top rewards for top players then the rest of us might as well give up now. We all know that the notorious Elite tier is only for the biggest coiners

Plarium have destroyed tournament ranking for both PvP and PvE
and when they don't agree with our comments they delete our posts

Game over