All Categories

Use Building Help To Speed Up Construction!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Lord OberonCharacter
Sep 21, 2016, 10:2309/21/16
01/06/15

New Feature - League Help!

Lords and Ladies of Stormfall!

We are pleased to announce that a new feature has been launched! League Help is the newest way use the power of your League to develop your Castle and Army even faster!

Your “League” menu, which can be accessed from the right-hand side of the Castle screen, now has two new tabs, which are labelled “Building Help” and “Urgent Help”. These are the two tabs that will grant you access to League Help, although their functions are quite different.

A full explanation of Urgent Help is included in a separate news post.

Building Help will function as follows:

Building Help Requests allow all League Members to speed up the development of their League by reducing the time it takes for Buildings to be constructed or upgraded. Each time you request Building Help, your League Members will see your Request in the “Building Help” tab of the “Leagues” interface. All League Members are able to respond to your Requests.

Each time a League Member clicks on your Help Request for any given construction or upgrade, the time remaining to complete that process will be instantly reduced! The more League Members that Help you, the faster your Construction or Upgrade will be.

The number of Lords who can respond to each of your Requests is limited by the Level of your Embassy and your League Fortress. The Level of these Buildings will also effect the amount of time by which the Construction or Upgrade is allowed to be reduced by: the higher the level of the Embassy and League Fortress - the bigger the reduction in time may be.

Use the power of your League to create the finest Castles in the realm!

Lord Oberon

Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 21, 2016, 13:1709/21/16
What level does the embassy need to be in order to request building help? I am only able to request Urgent Help at embassy level 3.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Sep 21, 2016, 13:2609/21/16
09/17/15
djmoody said:

So it appears initially I have the ability to respond to 99 help requests. Each time I accept one the number available goes down each time.

Do the available help requests refresh over time? If so by how much per day or hour.

Thanks
That's per day. 
Sep 21, 2016, 13:3709/21/16
Sep 21, 2016, 13:37(edited)
09/17/15
bsasz said:

What level does the embassy need to be in order to request building help? I am only able to request Urgent Help at embassy level 3.
There are no requirements to ask for building boost. But there is one limitation - you can ask only once per time. While one request is still active, you can't create another one. And one more limitation - it works only once per each building upgrade.
Sep 21, 2016, 14:0409/21/16
12/18/14
I actually like this feature it will help our members who are still working on building upgrades a lot.   The urgent help feature not needed so much since we use chat for that but its okay as well.
Sep 21, 2016, 14:1709/21/16
Sep 21, 2016, 14:17(edited)
09/17/15
Jezebel said:

I actually like this feature it will help our members who are still working on building upgrades a lot.   The urgent help feature not needed so much since we use chat for that but its okay as well.
I think you'll get used to the League help some day. It's very handy actually 
Sep 21, 2016, 15:5409/21/16
Sep 21, 2016, 15:56(edited)
06/14/16
So basically the leagues who already have the most power will elevate even more.. Giving even medium sized leagues no chance of even existing after long. The end result will be 10 Leagues of 10,000 people each. Small leagues and even medium sized leagues will have no chance once the bigger sized leagues become much much bigger very quickly. Doesnt sound like fun..
Sep 21, 2016, 16:1509/21/16
Sep 21, 2016, 16:27(edited)
07/02/15

j-pillz said:

So basically the leagues who already have the most power will elevate even more.. Giving even medium sized leagues no chance of even existing after long. The end result will be 10 Leagues of 10,000 people each. Small leagues and even medium sized leagues will have no chance once the bigger sized leagues become much much bigger very quickly. Doesnt sound like fun..

it doesent really matter about # of plaers but active players for the help.

And a league has a limit of 160 members so sorry no way a league can reach 10,000
Sep 21, 2016, 16:2409/21/16
12/18/14

j-pillz said:

no not really most high level players are done with all their building upgrades, we don't have a whole lot of players that are still completing construction on buildings and more specifically resource buildings, most of us have had these done for a long time already.  So the feature will actually help the lower level players more.

There will never be a league of 10k people since we have a membership limit of 160 players lol
Sep 21, 2016, 18:3909/21/16

This is a cool new feature. I have used both resources & building help and it worked instantly!!

Good stuff Plarium team!
Sep 21, 2016, 20:0409/21/16
12/18/14
It's been mentioned that the resource requests would be better in a different tab than the request for attack and defend
Sep 21, 2016, 21:0609/21/16
06/14/16
Can i say that posting an Attack request that lasts for 7 days seems WAAAYYY too harsh.. People put a lot of their hard earned money into this game. And if someone calls for an attack on someone, and it can happen at any random time for SEVEN DAYS... Well that can ruin a persons whole game, and can completely take the fun out of it for a lot of people. Not to mention it can make a lot of people just quit the game altogether from being harassed at any given time by a whole league for 7 days. NOT COOL.. I know i will not be happy if money ive spent goes down the tubes just because someone can post to their league for any reason, logical or illogical to attack u for 7 whole days at any random time. Dont like this idea at all. Seems very unfair to anyone it happens to, and all the money they will have lost just trying to play a game and have fun, and then can be completely sabotaged and blindsided out of nowhere. Not cool
Sep 21, 2016, 22:5009/21/16

What means number in Defence request .. next to symbol of connected arms ... I can see there number 3 ... but don't know what it means.

When is the defence request closed ?

Is there some detection how many players sent already defence there ?

It will be cool to have there some explaining message - why is league member asking for defence.

Sep 21, 2016, 23:1609/21/16
04/16/16

How much help do you get when someone clicks on build help?  Is says there is instant help but doesn't let you know how much you where helped or by whom.  Is there anyway to get this information?

Sep 21, 2016, 23:3509/21/16
07/02/15

Silver said:

What means number in Defence request .. next to symbol of connected arms ... I can see there number 3 ... but don't know what it means.

When is the defence request closed ?

Is there some detection how many players sent already defence there ?

It will be cool to have there some explaining message - why is league member asking for defence.

the number next to the arms is how many players allready helped out. whoever creates it can close it whenever they want you set it to last 4 hours or 1 day.

The league member can type a message why asking for def but is not required to

Sep 22, 2016, 02:4609/22/16
12/18/14
j-pillz said:

Can i say that posting an Attack request that lasts for 7 days seems WAAAYYY too harsh.. People put a lot of their hard earned money into this game. And if someone calls for an attack on someone, and it can happen at any random time for SEVEN DAYS... Well that can ruin a persons whole game, and can completely take the fun out of it for a lot of people. Not to mention it can make a lot of people just quit the game altogether from being harassed at any given time by a whole league for 7 days. NOT COOL.. I know i will not be happy if money ive spent goes down the tubes just because someone can post to their league for any reason, logical or illogical to attack u for 7 whole days at any random time. Dont like this idea at all. Seems very unfair to anyone it happens to, and all the money they will have lost just trying to play a game and have fun, and then can be completely sabotaged and blindsided out of nowhere. Not cool
to be honest I would not use the attack feature in the embassy, also the Marshal can control help requests so if things were to get out of control the Marshal can cancel them, the Marshal can also delegate Captains to do this.  If someone were to post an attack request I would be asking why.  We get battle reports in our Grand Marshal and we have league chat to communicate so this part of the new feature to me is useless.  If I am asking for a league attack on a player there better be a good reason besides a minor player interaction where someone gets in a "huff" over it.
Sep 22, 2016, 08:2609/22/16
Sep 22, 2016, 08:40(edited)
06/14/16

Dont think about what you would do.. Think about what OTHERS will do.. I already had a league member post an attack request the first day. Said his friend who'd been only playing for a week (and not a League member) had been raided a few times. So he posts the guy's coords, so i go check him out. The attacker is league-less and a mid 60's. Hes gotta get his res somewhere, right? So i told the guy sorry it stinks my league has a 7 day attack on u but im not gonna do it. So it was for a dumb reason someone pressed the button for Attack. Person raided was non league related, and other guy was league-less. And 3 ppl from my league attacked the guy. Sorry thats a raw deal. And i imagine there will be a thousand other instances of this nature taking place. All im sayin

And just to add on, I think the 7 day thing is a bit overkill, not necessarily the "Attack" feature itself
Sep 22, 2016, 09:1409/22/16
09/17/15

Jezebel said:

It's been mentioned that the resource requests would be better in a different tab than the request for attack and defend

But There is a separate tab: http://screencast.com/t/c7iH5CaLM

Sep 22, 2016, 09:1709/22/16
09/17/15
j-pillz said:

A Challenge lasts 7 days. A War can last even longer. Moreover, earlier you could do the same by just writing in a Chat. So it doesn't actually depend on this feature. it depends on player decisions.
Sep 22, 2016, 11:0509/22/16
Sep 22, 2016, 11:05(edited)
12/18/14
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Jezebel said:

But There is a separate tab: http://screencast.com/t/c7iH5CaLM

they are all under urgent help - resources imo are not urgent help since people should be doing their raids to build not rely on others, if running a high negative on food production ask in chat while online otherwise it will just disappear before you can log on to use it - once there you can look at different tabs but they are initially all under "urgent"
Sep 22, 2016, 12:2109/22/16
07/02/15
j-pillz said:

Dont think about what you would do.. Think about what OTHERS will do.. I already had a league member post an attack request the first day. Said his friend who'd been only playing for a week (and not a League member) had been raided a few times. So he posts the guy's coords, so i go check him out. The attacker is league-less and a mid 60's. Hes gotta get his res somewhere, right? So i told the guy sorry it stinks my league has a 7 day attack on u but im not gonna do it. So it was for a dumb reason someone pressed the button for Attack. Person raided was non league related, and other guy was league-less. And 3 ppl from my league attacked the guy. Sorry thats a raw deal. And i imagine there will be a thousand other instances of this nature taking place. All im sayin

And just to add on, I think the 7 day thing is a bit overkill, not necessarily the "Attack" feature itself
I am in a large league over 150 players.. the first day someone posted an attack for 7 days, one day is up and only one attach has been sent against that player, so i dont see a big problem with it.