Capture the Flag Tournament

111 Replies
brunsonthomas
22 April, 2017, 7:27 PM UTC

Snowgoon said:

brunsonthomas said:

Snowgoon said:

There was no reason to add this new tab, and it was badly designed and untested

If you wish to see changes to the Flag Tournament please send your ideas to Suggestions. There is a better chance they will be noticed there. 

We all made dozens of suggestions when they added this 'event' and all were ignored

Why would we wish to keep banging our heads against this particular brick wall?

Hopefully with enough feedback changes can be made. Suggestions are one excellent way to get your opinion to the appropriate people to get action taken.

UTC +5:00
Sir_bit_yakin
24 April, 2017, 6:26 PM UTC

brunsonthomas said:

Snowgoon said:

If you wish to see changes to the Flag Tournament please send your ideas to Suggestions. There is a better chance they will be noticed there. 

We all made dozens of suggestions when they added this 'event' and all were ignored

Why would we wish to keep banging our heads against this particular brick wall?

Hopefully with enough feedback changes can be made. Suggestions are one excellent way to get your opinion to the appropriate people to get action taken.

you say put these in the suggestion area, which HAS to be the least efficient way to do this

put it in the suggestion area where it can get lost amid suggestions about several other topics?

this thread is ABOUT the FLAG TOURNY, this is THE MOST APROPRIATE place to make suggestion and discuss those suggestions

so here are THREE packaged up  nice and neat for you to pass along to the powers that be

A) NO ATTACKING OUTSIDE TIERS  PERIOD

SOLVES ALL PROBLEMS SIMPLE AND EASIEST TO DO

B) IF you are going to allow  tier 4 to RAPE tier 2 then tier 2 SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE THIER DEBUFFS AGAINST THEM

DISCOURAGES tier 4 leagues from RAPING tier 2,  if there is a possibility  2 or 3 or 4  or more leagues might DEBUFF their league they MIGHT be a little more hesitant about attacking 20, 30, 40 or more tier 2 leagues.

PLUS its just FAIR, if a league can attack you then you shouldn't be PROTECTING them from those they attack

doesn't solve ALL problems, but still should be EASY TO DO

tier 4 & 2 used as example, of course applied to ALL tiers

C) you put in place a system where when a top league hits another top league who is holding flags to low tier for them to take, the flags they aren't allowed to take are transferred back to their original owners, and the attacker gets a token for an extra buff for every 20 flags they liberate

this does TWO THINGS, it gives the BIG leagues a reason to attack other big leagues to liberate those flags and gain some extra buffs, the other side of the coin it discourages the bullies from taking dozens of lower level flag an making themselves targets for other big leagues its a WIN WIN, big leagues get a chance to get some extra buffs, smaller leagues get some flags back in their tiers to work with.

doesn't solve ALL problems and complicated to do, BUT I think it would add a COOL twist in the tourney

ADD B & C and I am willing to suffer through not getting A because it causes higher tiers SOME RISK involved in in raping low tiers

I just want to  note, THIS is the best of all the tournies,  ALL others are pretty much do what you'd normally do, but be a little more aggressive about it and get stuff...

THIS tourney is FAST PACED, HEAD TO HEAD and produces rivalries, add to that you DO THING you normally wouldn't do, it is BY FAR the BEST of all the tournies

I don't know about the beacon tournies, since our league doesn't have a beacon, I might enjoy those as well if we had a beacon.

what are the other tournies,    battle grounds,  thanks for the gems, but I was going to do that anyhow, development, DITTO / dragon DITTO / PVP less so but still things I normally do anyhow

you got a chance to have a REALLLLY good tourney here, just PUT SOME THOUGHT INTO MAKING IT MORE BALANCED

Sir_bit_yakin
25 April, 2017, 10:29 PM UTC

Erik Bloodaxe said:

Your attitude to these events seems self-destructive, but it also destroys your league mates too.

Ignore this stupid event and keep your fortress at level 8 with ZERO defense

Do not attack other forts, you will never be rewarded for your losses. It amazes me when idiots make attacks like this against strongly defended fortresses. He would get better rewards attacking battlegrounds.

http://prnt.sc/exgvgy

They lose 100% with no chance of accomplishing anything and no chance of any tournament rewards, so why do they do it? I have seen many similar attacks during Beacon Massacres

Lemmings?

Plarium need to give guaranteed rewards for the top ten in each tier, but it is their intention to destroy rewards for every tier in every tournament type

If these tournaments were half as popular as plarium pretends then they  would have been rolled out across all plarium games - they are only targeted at the big spenders like stormfall
Aimed at noobs with big credit cards because they do not require any skill

not sure who the THEY are you are referring to, but I'll answer your question

A) I ENJOY the tournament,  which IS the reason we play games in the first place

B) we lose very little as we  learned not to bother trying to defend,  as snatch flags from lighty defended fortress's with minimal losses

C) we have placed in the top 3 in every one of these events so we DO get rewards, we have placed 1st twice

Ca) we also earn PVP points in that tourney which runs parallel with it,  I placed 3rd in my tier and earned over 2K gems in the last one

with that in mind, it still doesn't change the fact that I'd very much like to see some balancers put in place for the smaller/weaker leagues

it's a sad testament to a tourney when  the top 10 of 100 in a tier are supposed to get rewards but by the end there are maybe 3 - 5 leagues with ANY points at all

as for their popularity, I have noticed it seems almost EVERYONE is playing in them, the hamlets are 99% deserted, the bot lines are unraided, which means most people are doing SOMETHING they aren't USUALLY doing

no one is asking you or your league to participate, but don't look down your nose at those of us that ENJOY the competition of this tourney

Snowgoon
30 April, 2017, 6:02 PM UTC

Sir_bit_yakin said:

Erik Bloodaxe said:

He would get better rewards attacking battlegrounds.

http://prnt.sc/exgvgy

They lose 100% with no chance of accomplishing anything and no chance of any tournament rewards, so why do they do it? I have seen many similar attacks during Beacon Massacres

not sure who the THEY are you are referring to, but I'll answer your question

A) I ENJOY the tournament,  which IS the reason we play games in the first place

B) we lose very little as we  learned not to bother trying to defend,  as snatch flags from lighty defended fortress's with minimal losses

C) we have placed in the top 3 in every one of these events so we DO get rewards, we have placed 1st twice

Ca) we also earn PVP points in that tourney which runs parallel with it,  I placed 3rd in my tier and earned over 2K gems in the last one

with that in mind, it still doesn't change the fact that I'd very much like to see some balancers put in place for the smaller/weaker leagues

it's a sad testament to a tourney when  the top 10 of 100 in a tier are supposed to get rewards but by the end there are maybe 3 - 5 leagues with ANY points at all

as for their popularity, I have noticed it seems almost EVERYONE is playing in them, the hamlets are 99% deserted, the bot lines are unraided, which means most people are doing SOMETHING they aren't USUALLY doing

no one is asking you or your league to participate, but don't look down your nose at those of us that ENJOY the competition of this tourney

Not true
All leagues are FORCED to participate - only those leagues with level 5 or 8 forts can afford the luxury of leaving it deserted

You obviously did not bother to examine the screenshot that showed fortress attacks using defensive units and spies and losing 100% with no chance of victory.

Suicide raids like this can accomplish nothing even when pvp tournaments are running - they cannot hope to justify their losses

Also, adding pvp events at the same time is a recent development which proves how unwanted these flag tournaments really are - why bother adding pvp if flag tournaments were popular?
The flag tournament and beacon massacre were designed for hopelessly addicted coiners, and their 'rewards' will never cover their losses

p.s. If your league does not bother to defend then you should lose all flags during the final 5 minutes, and snatching a few flags from weaker leagues would give zero pvp points, so your boasts make no sense

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way - Pink Floyd - http://prnt.sc/dv923b
UTC +0:00
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
3 May, 2017, 11:39 AM UTC

Not true
All leagues are FORCED to participate - only those leagues with level 5 or 8 forts can afford the luxury of leaving it deserted

Actually, you can choose to leave your Fortress without any Defense and lose a level or two...
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Sir_bit_yakin
26 June, 2017, 2:48 AM UTC

Snowgoon said:

Not true

You obviously did not bother to examine the screenshot that showed fortress attacks using defensive units and spies and losing 100% with no chance of victory.

Suicide raids like this can accomplish nothing even when pvp tournaments are running - they cannot hope to justify their losses

Also, adding pvp events at the same time is a recent development which proves how unwanted these flag tournaments really are - why bother adding pvp if flag tournaments were popular?
The flag tournament and beacon massacre were designed for hopelessly addicted coiners, and their 'rewards' will never cover their losses

p.s. If your league does not bother to defend then you should lose all flags during the final 5 minutes, and snatching a few flags from weaker leagues would give zero pvp points, so your boasts make no sense

since 90% of the fortress's out there are lvl 5 or 8 that only leaves a few who get downgraded during this event, sorry to those few but they were going to get hit anyhow so whether during this tournament or two days later that was going to happen anyhow

no I didn't look at the screenshot, since it doesn't apply to me or my league, we don't do suicide raids

maybe I haven't been around long enough but so far every single capture the flag tourney I have played in had a PVP tourney running along side it...

as for your PS.   not true, you cannot have ALL our flags taken in the last 5 min of the game or even the last hour of the game as you get a min  1 hr attack protection after a successful attack

so long as you have 2 flags within an hr of the end of the event you WILL have at least one flag at the end

and in tier 3 - 5 one flag will put you in the top ten

Stiletto
30 June, 2017, 2:18 PM UTC

Sir_bit_yakin said:

as for your PS.   not true, you cannot have ALL our flags taken in the last 5 min of the game or even the last hour of the game as you get a min  1 hr attack protection after a successful attack

so long as you have 2 flags within an hr of the end of the event you WILL have at least one flag at the end

So why does this non-event last 4 days?

This is from Farwols server and shows 20 pages of leagues with no flags, 4 leages with 1-11 flags and ONE league with EVERY other flag

Seems to me there are only 5 or 6 players who give a damn about this pile of garbage, and tier 3 - 5 league stand no chance of capturing any flags

http://prntscr.com/fq19eg

UTC +8:00
brunsonthomas
30 June, 2017, 7:29 PM UTC
Stiletto said:

Sir_bit_yakin said:

So why does this non-event last 4 days?

This is from Farwols server and shows 20 pages of leagues with no flags, 4 leages with 1-11 flags and ONE league with EVERY other flag

Seems to me there are only 5 or 6 players who give a damn about this pile of garbage, and tier 3 - 5 league stand no chance of capturing any flags

http://prntscr.com/fq19eg

It is an event that most leagues do not like but enough people enjoy the challenge of taking all of the Flags on the server within 5 minutes. For this reason the Flag Tournament will stay, because the followup event is usually a Beacon Massacre that many use as an excuse to destroy their troops and anyone else who has troops in their way. 
Limad
2 July, 2017, 2:28 PM UTC

It might make more sense at this point to make a few changes to the format. Say, don't announce when it's going to start and then just have an in-game popup that says "Capture the Flag has started. The contest will run for the next 60 mins". The start times could be randomized each time to give players in different times zones a chance to be online at the right time. Then it would become a proper guerrilla-style feature where people are scrambling to get organised rather than the current thing which is over almost before it begins. And then it lingers on pointlessly for over 3 days. 

I have to point out, this is my experience on server 3, but I imagine the same thing plays out everywhere. At this point it's just an occasional set of weekly rewards for the same leagues each time. And I say this as a member of one of those leagues. 
Hola!
UTC -12:00
brunsonthomas
2 July, 2017, 9:08 PM UTC

Limad said:

It might make more sense at this point to make a few changes to the format. Say, don't announce when it's going to start and then just have an in-game popup that says "Capture the Flag has started. The contest will run for the next 60 mins". The start times could be randomized each time to give players in different times zones a chance to be online at the right time. Then it would become a proper guerrilla-style feature where people are scrambling to get organised rather than the current thing which is over almost before it begins. And then it lingers on pointlessly for over 3 days. 

I have to point out, this is my experience on server 3, but I imagine the same thing plays out everywhere. At this point it's just an occasional set of weekly rewards for the same leagues each time. And I say this as a member of one of those leagues. 

You cannot imagine the mayhem that would cause. Most leagues that are able to protect their Fortress and Flag often spend hours organizing their defense and strategy. Which hour would the most players be on line or the least amount of players? This would cause havoc and your league may not be one that benefits. I do not enjoy the Flag tournament or the Beacon Massacres. Yes, I play both server 1 and server 2. I have not played server 3 as there are enough hours in a day to play more games. 

The other problem with your idea is that the leagues get buffs and debuffs from this event to plan for subsequent Beacon events. Your suggested way would cause serious problems in large leagues. It would not make the game more fair it would make it a game of chance that would only work for those who happen to be online when the announcement is made.
Limad
2 July, 2017, 10:56 PM UTC

Let's agree to disagree. My point is that it would be more fun it if wasn't flagged (pun) days in advance. Chaos is good. 

Hola!
UTC -12:00
DrFondles
3 July, 2017, 4:21 AM UTC
Limad said:

Let's agree to disagree. My point is that it would be more fun it if wasn't flagged (pun) days in advance. Chaos is good. 

Also it could give leagues who aren't as strong in numbers to have a chance to grab some flags... Not just get theirs taken by a pikeman at 4am...
Josh/Synergy S3
UTC +0:00
1663871 users registered; 34011 topics; 253020 posts; our newest member:desiderio