Capture the Flag Tournament

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jun 26, 2017, 02:4806/26/17
05/14/16

Snowgoon said:

Not true
All leagues are FORCED to participate - only those leagues with level 5 or 8 forts can afford the luxury of leaving it deserted

You obviously did not bother to examine the screenshot that showed fortress attacks using defensive units and spies and losing 100% with no chance of victory.

Suicide raids like this can accomplish nothing even when pvp tournaments are running - they cannot hope to justify their losses

Also, adding pvp events at the same time is a recent development which proves how unwanted these flag tournaments really are - why bother adding pvp if flag tournaments were popular?
The flag tournament and beacon massacre were designed for hopelessly addicted coiners, and their 'rewards' will never cover their losses

p.s. If your league does not bother to defend then you should lose all flags during the final 5 minutes, and snatching a few flags from weaker leagues would give zero pvp points, so your boasts make no sense

since 90% of the fortress's out there are lvl 5 or 8 that only leaves a few who get downgraded during this event, sorry to those few but they were going to get hit anyhow so whether during this tournament or two days later that was going to happen anyhow

no I didn't look at the screenshot, since it doesn't apply to me or my league, we don't do suicide raids

maybe I haven't been around long enough but so far every single capture the flag tourney I have played in had a PVP tourney running along side it...

as for your PS.   not true, you cannot have ALL our flags taken in the last 5 min of the game or even the last hour of the game as you get a min  1 hr attack protection after a successful attack

so long as you have 2 flags within an hr of the end of the event you WILL have at least one flag at the end

and in tier 3 - 5 one flag will put you in the top ten

Jun 30, 2017, 14:1806/30/17
Jun 30, 2017, 14:20(edited)
02/20/17

Sir_bit_yakin said:

as for your PS.   not true, you cannot have ALL our flags taken in the last 5 min of the game or even the last hour of the game as you get a min  1 hr attack protection after a successful attack

so long as you have 2 flags within an hr of the end of the event you WILL have at least one flag at the end

So why does this non-event last 4 days?

This is from Farwols server and shows 20 pages of leagues with no flags, 4 leages with 1-11 flags and ONE league with EVERY other flag

Seems to me there are only 5 or 6 players who give a damn about this pile of garbage, and tier 3 - 5 league stand no chance of capturing any flags

http://prntscr.com/fq19eg

Jun 30, 2017, 19:2906/30/17
03/22/16
Stiletto said:

Sir_bit_yakin said:

So why does this non-event last 4 days?

This is from Farwols server and shows 20 pages of leagues with no flags, 4 leages with 1-11 flags and ONE league with EVERY other flag

Seems to me there are only 5 or 6 players who give a damn about this pile of garbage, and tier 3 - 5 league stand no chance of capturing any flags

http://prntscr.com/fq19eg

It is an event that most leagues do not like but enough people enjoy the challenge of taking all of the Flags on the server within 5 minutes. For this reason the Flag Tournament will stay, because the followup event is usually a Beacon Massacre that many use as an excuse to destroy their troops and anyone else who has troops in their way. 
Jul 2, 2017, 21:0807/02/17
Jul 2, 2017, 21:12(edited)
03/22/16

Limad said:

It might make more sense at this point to make a few changes to the format. Say, don't announce when it's going to start and then just have an in-game popup that says "Capture the Flag has started. The contest will run for the next 60 mins". The start times could be randomized each time to give players in different times zones a chance to be online at the right time. Then it would become a proper guerrilla-style feature where people are scrambling to get organised rather than the current thing which is over almost before it begins. And then it lingers on pointlessly for over 3 days. 

I have to point out, this is my experience on server 3, but I imagine the same thing plays out everywhere. At this point it's just an occasional set of weekly rewards for the same leagues each time. And I say this as a member of one of those leagues. 

You cannot imagine the mayhem that would cause. Most leagues that are able to protect their Fortress and Flag often spend hours organizing their defense and strategy. Which hour would the most players be on line or the least amount of players? This would cause havoc and your league may not be one that benefits. I do not enjoy the Flag tournament or the Beacon Massacres. Yes, I play both server 1 and server 2. I have not played server 3 as there are enough hours in a day to play more games. 

The other problem with your idea is that the leagues get buffs and debuffs from this event to plan for subsequent Beacon events. Your suggested way would cause serious problems in large leagues. It would not make the game more fair it would make it a game of chance that would only work for those who happen to be online when the announcement is made.
Jul 3, 2017, 04:2107/03/17
10/21/14
Limad said:

Let's agree to disagree. My point is that it would be more fun it if wasn't flagged (pun) days in advance. Chaos is good. 

Also it could give leagues who aren't as strong in numbers to have a chance to grab some flags... Not just get theirs taken by a pikeman at 4am...
Dec 25, 2017, 21:0912/25/17
05/14/16

at the beginning of this thread the rules were post   this is one of them I found to be NOT TRUE

"NOTE: There are no restrictions on attacking a League Fortress that has your League’s Flag. "

screenshot show that statement to be WRONG

https://prntscr.com/hs6enr

Dec 26, 2017, 12:2612/26/17
02/29/16

Sir_bit_yakin said:

at the beginning of this thread the rules were post   this is one of them I found to be NOT TRUE

"NOTE: There are no restrictions on attacking a League Fortress that has your League’s Flag. "

screenshot show that statement to be WRONG

https://prntscr.com/hs6enr

Hello!

Please report this issue to our Support team: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/bug-reports/

Dec 27, 2017, 23:2312/27/17
12/11/15
Limad said:

Let's agree to disagree. My point is that it would be more fun it if wasn't flagged (pun) days in advance. Chaos is good. 

Strongly agree with you here.  Do away with the countdown and let it drop without warning.  
Dec 28, 2017, 10:0312/28/17
02/29/16

cannedam said:

Limad said:

Strongly agree with you here.  Do away with the countdown and let it drop without warning.  

Hello :)

Don't think the majority of players will be happy with removing the warning. Plus, some players can just meet the Tournament as they weren't logged in in time and didn't know the Tournament will take place.
Dec 30, 2017, 17:3112/30/17
Dec 30, 2017, 17:32(edited)
12/18/14

agree there is no need for advance notice with the exception of leagues who have a milestone fortress who would like to retain their flag - the advance notice would give them the opportunity to defend to retain the flag and also hit for more flags in order to compete for the rankings

this being said ... I would not recommend defending a milestone fort for this event as the higher tiered leagues can still hit your fortress and kill your defense so you would probably lose it to the massive hammers out there