Capture the Flag Tournament

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Sep 20, 2016, 13:1509/20/16
07/02/15
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

scarlet said:

Yes, we had the tournament wrapped up within the first 60 seconds......
I would appreciate i if you could give any suggestions for improvements. I'll pass them to devs.
Start with NO timer till when it starts this gives leagues time to plan and "cheat" the system by removing def to trade flags and send out attacks to hit 30 seconds after the tourney starts.
Sep 20, 2016, 13:3009/20/16
08/20/15
Ok, serious suggestion - give an Opt out possibility and drop the tiers. Allow the leagues that want to participate an open field.  Right now, if you're top tier, once you've finished the few possible targets you can hit without killing your alliances, what else do you do? Hand the flags back and do it again?
Sep 20, 2016, 20:1909/20/16
awsome
Sep 20, 2016, 20:4109/20/16

Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

Ok, serious suggestion - give an Opt out possibility and drop the tiers. Allow the leagues that want to participate an open field.  Right now, if you're top tier, once you've finished the few possible targets you can hit without killing your alliances, what else do you do? Hand the flags back and do it again?

Please use Suggestions part of forum

Sep 21, 2016, 00:3509/21/16
06/30/16

thank you for the announcement

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Sep 21, 2016, 13:3109/21/16
09/17/15
Thanks for the ideas, guys.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Sep 21, 2016, 13:3309/21/16
09/17/15
FAILO said:

Start with NO timer till when it starts this gives leagues time to plan and "cheat" the system by removing def to trade flags and send out attacks to hit 30 seconds after the tourney starts.
Can you give me some more information on how do they trade Flags?
Oct 3, 2016, 14:5010/03/16
Oct 3, 2016, 15:17(edited)
08/20/15

DJMoody said:  "I made a suggestion that has no feedback about adding a PvE element. The flags would be obtained from BG like Balur locations that spawn throughout the tournament. This would fix the "must be online in first hour of event" fundemental flaw there is today. You could still keep the element of stealing them from a fortress attack if desired to add PvP element." 

I agree with this idea - drop the tiers except possibly top 50, and all the leagues under 50th ranking to discourage farming the smaller leagues fortresses. Set the flags in random hamlets or battlegrounds (as DJ suggested) and make it more of a hunt to find them and accumulate as many as possible instead of just hitting an undefended fortress for the One flag it holds.  Don't post coords, so everyone has to manually hunt for them.  Better yet, make the flag sites randomly regenerate in different locations, so we have to keep checking for them. 

This would give smaller leagues more of a chance to accumulate flags, and a smaller league with more active players would have an advantage over a larger league with less active players.  Store them in the fortress, and make them possible to steal so we have to protect the fortress. THAT would make it more interesting? 

I don't think the #1 league would sit out the game if there was a chance that the #50 league could outscore them and set penalties.

I won't post this in Suggestions because I think we need a more open discussion than is appropriate there. 

Oct 3, 2016, 16:4710/03/16
07/25/15

Make it more like a "king of the hill" objective, you need to hold objectives to gain flags. You would need to keep siege/defend the objective to hold the flag. The more objectives you hold the more you need to spread out , the more voulnerable you become. Rather have the whole thing decided right after the servers come out when tourny is on, its the ending minutes that will be of importance and who can hold what.
Oct 3, 2016, 17:2910/03/16
08/03/14
i like the idea of a siege and having to spread out the defense.
Oct 3, 2016, 18:1510/03/16
03/23/16

Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

Here are a couple thoughts based on my experiences, because I like the idea, but was disappointed in the execution.

The first time, within minutes I raided 9 castles and had nine flags.  Lost a few hundred wyvern but oh well.  After that, I had no more castles to raid without breaking diplomacy.  At some point, our flag was stolen (along with all the flags) by another league who then had them stolen by a league we were allied with.  We were done with the tourney in a couple hours because we would not break diplomacy to get our flag back.  Later, it was stolen from them by a tier one league and there was no way our league could take it back.  It was fun for about ten minutes and I got no reward for losing a lot of troops.
Suggestions:
1.  If flags are stolen by a league, they can only steal theirs.  If a league doesn't want to participate, fine, their flag remains with the original thief league.  
2.  Diplomacy is a problem.  My flag cannot go to a league I cannot attack.  This is really solved by suggestion #1.  Unless my allied leagues attack, my flag will never be in their hands.  Easy problem to solve.
3.  There is no incentive for small leagues to go against large leagues to get a flag back, especially without saps to revive their troops.  There needs to be a safe guard to protect flags from migrating to a league too powerful for them to get it back.
4.  Rewards - there aren't any personal rewards.  Too many troops lost to not get any replacements or sapphires for revivals.
5.  From Lady Nerium: "I agree with this idea - drop the tiers except possibly top 50, and all the leagues under 50th ranking to discourage farming the smaller leagues fortresses. Set the flags in random hamlets or battlegrounds (as DJ suggested) and make it more of a hunt to find them and accumulate as many as possible instead of just hitting an undefended fortress for the One flag it holds. Don't post coords, so everyone has to manually hunt for them. Better yet, make the flag sites randomly regenerate in different locations, so we have to keep checking for them."
The idea of regenerating flags is great.  If they were from a "BG" type location it would change a few of the above suggestions, but regenerating flags gives leagues something to do the entire tourney.
The idea of the capture the flag tourney is great! I hope you can fix it.  As is, I was the only league participant in the first tourney (and for minutes at that) and nobody played in the second.
Hope this helps!

Oct 5, 2016, 21:2010/05/16
12/13/14

One crazy suggestion would be to allow players to revive 90% of all losses from fort flag attacks for free (offense and defense)

You did something similar in another game.

The main problem with this tournament is that 99% of players hate to defend their forts and the other 1% hate to attack well defended forts

The losses are too heavy

Oct 5, 2016, 23:1310/05/16
12/18/14

I vote for tossing out the capture the flag events

Oct 6, 2016, 03:0810/06/16
Oct 6, 2016, 03:27(edited)

Lady Nerium KT-S2 said:

DJMoody said:  "I made a suggestion that has no feedback about adding a PvE element. The flags would be obtained from BG like Balur locations that spawn throughout the tournament. This would fix the "must be online in first hour of event" fundemental flaw there is today. You could still keep the element of stealing them from a fortress attack if desired to add PvP element." 

I agree with this idea - drop the tiers except possibly top 50, and all the leagues under 50th ranking to discourage farming the smaller leagues fortresses. Set the flags in random hamlets or battlegrounds (as DJ suggested) and make it more of a hunt to find them and accumulate as many as possible instead of just hitting an undefended fortress for the One flag it holds.  Don't post coords, so everyone has to manually hunt for them.  Better yet, make the flag sites randomly regenerate in different locations, so we have to keep checking for them. 

This would give smaller leagues more of a chance to accumulate flags, and a smaller league with more active players would have an advantage over a larger league with less active players.  Store them in the fortress, and make them possible to steal so we have to protect the fortress. THAT would make it more interesting? 

I don't think the #1 league would sit out the game if there was a chance that the #50 league could outscore them and set penalties.

I won't post this in Suggestions because I think we need a more open discussion than is appropriate there. 

I vote this but even this has it set backs, it comes down to being prepared.

1. I say go with what was suggested above, is a lot fairer overall for everyone than the current capture the flag tournament

2. Create an opt-out option for leagues so such things as scarlet mentions doesn't happen and more likely that leagues will have to battle it out for 1st place instead of which league got the most flags when the tournament started (usually EMPERORS) who wins.

3. Drop the idea entirely and use the base-work of the tournament for something different.

In short because of the flag tournament introduction & the 50% off/def boosts that you can buy always now it has destroyed a lot of players, leagues & long-term well respected players/leagues in literally a few hours.

Could you imagine Alyona 2-3 years of hard work going down the drain because within a few short weeks with the 50% off/def boost & tourny rewards you could almost double your offense off those 2 rewards

50% boost & 30% offense booster tourny rewards & thats not counting all the other bonuses.

Basically in a few short weeks you made it possible for leagues to DOUBLE their offense & defence which is perfect for the huge coiners out there. But because this game balances offense more over defense, the leagues that were beacon/defense based were just destroyed with those two new updates because they couldn't compete. It's a lot harder to get your entire league to put on all their boosts/bonuses & 50% boosts to defend beacons/castles then it is for 3 big coiner "hammers" to do it to wipe that leagues defence before they can react properly.

Basically what happened between EMPERORS & King of kings, i was quite sad for KoK when this happened as they are one of the most long-term & experienced leagues on the server.

The real problem is the level of greed Plarium has Alyona and you know it. They bring in updates within a few short months that can literally double your forces if you spend money and you turn around and still say its balanced for f2p if they spend the time playing? 

Show me one castle who hasn't spend money on the game who has over 100m-200m+ offense/defense in their castle. Name me ONE.

But all i just said will go straight over a developers head cause all they see is $$$$$ in this game which is fine but at least add a opt-out option in that flag tournament because theres a large majority that just can't compete with certain individuals & leagues anymore because of the imbalance you've brought to the game within the last 6-12 months.

The truth doesn't get much more clearer than that. It's a roll on effect and unless Plarium's developers start bringing in more balanced updates into this game id say its got a very short life-span because at the moment theres a lot of people who just can't compete anymore & if they start to realise this & acknowledge it do you think they will stick around? Why waste their time?

Prove to them that their time is worth spending here by bringing in more balanced updates or quit the facade...

I mean seriously there is players on here that can destroy an ENTIRE leagues (not small time either) defence by themselves in one hit. So don't you dare talk to me about balance or try defend it.
Oct 6, 2016, 03:1510/06/16
Oct 6, 2016, 03:21(edited)

Although all these offense boosters etc have convinced players to spend LOTS of money to compete or be the "big gunner" you have to think long-term. Im sure the moneys great now but what about 6 months down the line when half the player base is gone because they can't compete with these "big gunners".

I'm seeing things from both sides & time & time again i see Plarium thinking short-term & greed instead of long-term & prosperity. Stick to one game and make it great and then you can live humble & not in deceit plus not go through the effort of turning over a new game with the same coding and programming every 2-3 years to milk your customers. Another short-term thinking plan.

You can only poke the bear so many times before it pokes back Plarium ;)

EDIT: I will leave positive feedback here and say the majority of updates since the capture the flag tournament & 50% off/def booster ones have been very good for the game & helpful and not seeing any negativity about them on the forums im sure you can agree

So you can't knock our feedback because its plausible and we aren't just drama queens :p we actually care about the game you've created even when sometimes it seems you don't
Oct 6, 2016, 06:2510/06/16
12/03/15
Hello
Oct 6, 2016, 07:3610/06/16
Oct 6, 2016, 07:37(edited)

pedrolozada11 said:

Hello

hi and welcome to our forum 

you can greatly benefit of what the forums has to offer 

you get the game tutorials here 

also you can always suggest new ideas and improvement here

and finally if you have any questions then ask us here

Nov 26, 2016, 19:2711/26/16
05/14/16

I made a SIMPLE suggestion last time, which apparently was completely ignored

only allow leagues to take flags from leagues in their tier

right now a tier 4 league is holding 59 tier 2 flags

that's 60% of all the tier 2 league flags available, and I DOUBT any tier 2 leagues have the power to take any back

by the end of this odds are AGAIN there will only be 3 or 4 tier 2 leagues with ANY FLAGS AT ALL

Nov 26, 2016, 19:4911/26/16
05/14/16

Sir_bit_yakin said:

I made a SIMPLE suggestion last time, which apparently was completely ignored

only allow leagues to take flags from leagues in their tier

right now a tier 4 league is holding 59 tier 2 flags

that's 60% of all the tier 2 league flags available, and I DOUBT any tier 2 leagues have the power to take any back

by the end of this odds are AGAIN there will only be 3 or 4 tier 2 leagues with ANY FLAGS AT ALL

It is heavily flawed.

The Bennie's are few imho also. As with all the other flag tournys. We sit it out.

Much batter games out therethan tobother withth is and the 5 heats games.

Anywho good to see ya still kicking.

Dec 29, 2016, 17:3812/29/16
12/13/14

NIKITA METEOR said:

Capture the Flag Tournament

Please note: If you attack a League Fortress that is more than one Tier lower than your own, you will not be able to capture that League's Flag. However, you may still downgrade the League Fortress if you do attack it. If the League is in possession of your Flag you will be able to rescue it. If they are held in this League Fortress, you may also capture Flags that originally belonged to Leagues in your Tier. You may also capture Flags that originally belonged to Leagues in the Tier directly below you, or to Leagues in the Tiers above you.

Why was this changed?

Allowing Leagues to attack TWO tiers lower just gives a huge advantage to the top bully boy leagues who have no honor