All Categories

Check out the PvP and Battleground Championships NOW!

Check out the PvP and Battleground Championships NOW!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Aug 11, 2016, 12:0408/11/16
08/05/14
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Some of you may like the Tournaments and rewards, and some may not. But I hope that you like the idea in general. We tried to create something interesting and unusual for you 
You tried to find a way to put more coin into Plarium's coffers.  That was all.
Aug 11, 2016, 15:1208/11/16

My Lords,

We're speaking about something brand new. Let's give it a chance.
Aug 11, 2016, 17:3408/11/16
07/25/15

Nemanja said:

My Lords,

We're speaking about something brand new. Let's give it a chance.

I give anything a chance, but I resovle to common sense regarding participate in something or not. For me its very simple.

Do I stand to gain something from it and will I be better off afterwards than before. And if the answer is. NO, I just wont take part. I value my time and effort Nemanja. Its kinda like work, you work x hours, and if you got nothing to show for it. then better find something else to do.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 12, 2016, 07:5808/12/16
09/17/15
Gadheras said:

I give anything a chance, but I resovle to common sense regarding participate in something or not. For me its very simple.

Do I stand to gain something from it and will I be better off afterwards than before. And if the answer is. NO, I just wont take part. I value my time and effort Nemanja. Its kinda like work, you work x hours, and if you got nothing to show for it. then better find something else to do.

I think many players share your opinion, Gadheras! Everyone has his own understanding of what is worth participating, and what is not. Our devs just try to give as much opportunities as they can. but the choice is always yours 
Aug 12, 2016, 09:0208/12/16
07/25/15

Gadheras said:

I think many players share your opinion, Gadheras! Everyone has his own understanding of what is worth participating, and what is not. Our devs just try to give as much opportunities as they can. but the choice is always yours 

yes, now make us some opportunities where we will be better off after complete them, than before we started please -)

Aug 12, 2016, 13:0208/12/16

You had a countdown for the Battleground and PvP tourneys and the PVP did not come online. Only the BG tourney is on. Not only you guys create all sorts of tournaments where players are bound to loose more than what they are to gain you can't even stick to your own announcements. Way to go Plarium. 

Aug 12, 2016, 22:5308/12/16
Aug 12, 2016, 22:55(edited)
07/25/15

roadstar Pitbull said:

Some of you may like the Tournaments and rewards, and some may not. But I hope that you like the idea in general. We tried to create something interesting and unusual for you 
NO,,,your planners are nuts. Too many running at once and no rewards worthwhile.

quick, unleash your credit card, revive your units, go again, and again and again..... uhm.... I dont know the whole thing seems so... hopeless. 

Meanwhile another place...

Aug 12, 2016, 23:1108/12/16
07/04/15

by the fed back although i dont think any of palarium team actually listen ,it seems fairly clear that the majority do not like these tournaments

as many have said they are pointless to the vast majority of players ..when palarium have these tournaments ,they are a surge for a money grab .that is very clear to majority of players

problem with that is the money players that these are aimed at are a minority ..any product or sales targets do not market for the minority as they well know there chances of survival or selling the product is already doomed .of the 1k plus leagues i would bet 10% will participate to some degree

the majority will not .. is this good marketing for the game ?
Aug 13, 2016, 02:0008/13/16
07/25/15

Tastiger said:

by the fed back although i dont think any of palarium team actually listen ,it seems fairly clear that the majority do not like these tournaments

as many have said they are pointless to the vast majority of players ..when palarium have these tournaments ,they are a surge for a money grab .that is very clear to majority of players

problem with that is the money players that these are aimed at are a minority ..any product or sales targets do not market for the minority as they well know there chances of survival or selling the product is already doomed .of the 1k plus leagues i would bet 10% will participate to some degree

the majority will not .. is this good marketing for the game ?

The average player need quite a lot of time to recover from these tournaments, rebuild troops and so on. If I need X amount of troops to take part and I hardly got any, the tournaments is out of reach. coin to rev units, is the most pointless thing ever in this game.
Aug 13, 2016, 07:4808/13/16
07/04/15

doesn,t the topic say pvp and bg.?

without pvp this game is a  total pit of boredom..

Aug 13, 2016, 18:2808/13/16
Aug 13, 2016, 18:34(edited)

Tastiger said:

doesn,t the topic say pvp and bg.?

without pvp this game is a  total pit of boredom..

lord tastiger 

pvp tournaments are running right now 

the thing is if you run both BG and pvp events together and each have 5 heats it will be chaotic and the servers may not handle it

so the BG event was first then it is immediately followed by the pvp event (in matter of fact pvp event started while the last three heats from BG events still have few hours)
Aug 13, 2016, 20:0008/13/16
08/03/14
how can we compete in all of these tournaments?  it takes months to rebuild  armies, and with the meager pay outs of the BGs and tourneys, its not worth competing. 
Aug 13, 2016, 20:1308/13/16

Lord Turok,

participating in tournaments or not is personal choice since they are not obligatory. 
Aug 13, 2016, 20:2008/13/16
07/25/15

Nemanja said:

Lord Turok,

participating in tournaments or not is personal choice since they are not obligatory. 

Doesn't really answer his question of HOW though.

Aug 13, 2016, 22:1608/13/16

Lord Gadheras,

if you look closely you will find both in that post... a question and an answer.
Aug 13, 2016, 23:3008/13/16
07/25/15

Nemanja said:

Lord Gadheras,

if you look closely you will find both in that post... a question and an answer.

He raises a very much valid point.  "how can we compete in all of these tournaments? it takes months to rebuild armies" 

We are getting one tournament after the other throw into our faces. The only option you really have to "recharge" between is spend a lot of coins. You are right, its not obligatory to take part and you free to chose if you want too. But the whole thing gets rather pointless when less and less people able to take part as their armies is spent. 

We are not given enough rest in between, even those that want to take part, they end up not able to, without spend a fortune to rev units.

Aug 14, 2016, 00:1608/14/16
08/03/14
Nemanja said:

Lord Turok,

at this stage of the game's decay, there isnt much else to do. 
Aug 17, 2016, 05:4508/17/16
12/18/14

The heat system is terrible, why have so many things running at the same time when the tier system for PVP and BG in one event over 3 days was fine, to me this seems like another attempt to reduce rewards and complicate something that wasn't broken

also why are there fewer opportunities to earn soul stones from tournaments you are making it harder for lower level players to earn soul stones to buy the scrolls needed to discover the amulet troops, if you are going to replace them with amulets then give an option of one or the other so the lower levels can get the scrolls they need
Aug 17, 2016, 14:5508/17/16

Nemanja said:

Lord Turok,

True, they are not obligatory. 

However if Plarium wants to make money in a sustainable way from this game, they need to provide a) interesting gameplay and b) a POSITIVE incentive to spend money, preferably regularly. Part of this is providing tournaments in which the majority of players both can and want to participate.

As it stands, the current excess of tournaments in which most players either cannot or do not want to participate either because they are not appropriately tiered (a level 50 can clearly not compete against level 80's or 90's) or provide insufficient reward for troops or time invested will serve only to further discourage players from participating.

It would be better to provide fewer regular tournaments which reward players for competing either with a slight profit or maybe a small overall loss, but with better quality units than they can make, or can be made. Tiering for the top prizes could either be based on level/ pvp points/ bg points or on previous performance in the competitions. Tiering for the rewards could be selected from options - you may want to commit fewer troops and select smaller reward increments with lower tier troops such as cavalry, or commit larger amounts of troops per unit rewarded to get better quality units such as occult, eldritch and legendaries.

The core of regular tournaments such as battleground and pvp could be supplemented with other LESS FREQUENT tournaments on rotation. Provision of  regular and predictable tournaments which players can work towards and which reward effort encourages game participation, player retention and ultimately spending. Without participation and player retention, player spending and ultimately game profitability is lost.

Aug 17, 2016, 18:3608/17/16
02/28/16

Camulos said:

...It would be better to provide fewer regular tournaments which reward players for competing either with a slight profit or maybe a small overall loss,...

When I started playing you could yellow bar BGs for exp in experience tournaments an kill them for points in battleground tournaments. Which was a synergy between tournaments you are talking about. First they changed battleground tournaments in a way that it doesnt work anymore and lately they nerfed yellow barring. You can see the trend, dont you?