Lord OberonCharacter
Jul 29, 2016, 11:3407/29/16
01/06/15

Update News!

Update News!

Check Out the New Features Now!

My Lords and Ladies,

This week, we’ve fixed some bugs and made the following important update:

- We have improved the notification system and added new notification settings.

- Track your units. We’ve released an update to the Garrisons tracking interface to help you keep better track of your Units. Now you can view exactly how many Offensive and Defensive Units you have at locations throughout Darkshine by going to the “Garrisons” tab.

- From now on, you will be able to view exactly how many Units each of your fellow League Members has committed to defend the Beacons held by your League. In order to see a full breakdown of your League’s Beacon Reinforcements, simply select the Beacon you wish to view and open the "Garrison" tab. Please note that this feature is only available to Members ranked Guardian or above.

- A bug that had been affecting the replenishment of Mana at the Dragon Stone has been fixed.

Now, with haste! Have the horses saddled and the sentries posted. Balur and his minions have not been idle while we've been briefing you!

Lord Oberon

Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 29, 2016, 14:5607/29/16
12/01/15

Lord Oberon said:

Update News!

Check Out the New Features Now!

- From now on, you will be able to view exactly how many Units each of your fellow League Members has committed to defend the Beacons held by your League. In order to see a full breakdown of your League’s Beacon Reinforcements, simply select the Beacon you wish to view and open the "Garrison" tab. Please note that this feature is only available to Members ranked Ranger or above.

I'm a captain in one server and guardian on the other one. And i can still see the defense on the server where i'm guardian so nothing has changed so far.

Jul 29, 2016, 21:2807/29/16

Lord Oberon said:

- Track your units. We’ve released an update to the Garrisons tracking interface to help you keep better track of your Units. Now you can view exactly how many Offensive and Defensive Units you have at locations throughout Darkshine by going to the “Garrisons” tab.

So I noticed that you forgot the third unit power: Spying!

Jul 30, 2016, 00:3007/30/16
Jul 30, 2016, 00:32(edited)
12/13/14

Lord Oberon said:

My Lords and Ladies,

This week, we’ve fixed some bugs and made the following important update:

Lord Oberon

and created 2 new bugs - congratulations

Why does Black Market > Misc > Special now always open at page 6?

Why does Keep > Catacombs keep closing down and fail to refresh?

Welcome back btw - we have missed you
Jul 30, 2016, 01:5107/30/16
03/20/14

Why does Black Market > Misc > Special now always open at page 6

That has been happening at random times for months. didnt bother reporting as if they tried to fix it 2 other problems would arise.

I like the new Garrison view change

Jul 30, 2016, 02:4607/30/16
01/12/15

Tony Hobson said:

This happened to me when there is an offer of gate of precision or of chance. Any discount on either will lock misc>special on page 6. It has been fixed though, I think, since it doesn't happen to me now. So, not sure why it happens for you.

And yeah, I agree with stewart. That garrisson's new interface makes it easier to track my units.
Jul 30, 2016, 12:2307/30/16
Jul 30, 2016, 12:24(edited)
12/13/14

Sifr said:

Tony Hobson said:

This happened to me when there is an offer of gate of precision or of chance. Any discount on either will lock misc>special on page 6. It has been fixed though, I think, since it doesn't happen to me now. So, not sure why it happens for you.

And yeah, I agree with stewart. That garrisson's new interface makes it easier to track my units.

The page 6 thing does depend on wheel of fortune, you are both correct, and it was fixed for a while but re-appeared .... but there is a definite bug/glych in the keep

I just sent 1000 pikemen to the catacombs, the window snapped shut and when re-opened the pikemen were missing

This is another example of failure to auto-refresh (like sieges etc). After manual refresh the pikemen appear
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 1, 2016, 09:2108/01/16
09/17/15

Tony Hobson said:

Hi, Tony. As for the 1st one, it opens on the page where you have a discount. 

As for the 2nd one, please report it to our Support Team for testing and verifying.
Aug 1, 2016, 09:5508/01/16
12/01/15
And what about the beacon defense. Why is it still avaible for those that have a rank lower than ranger???
Aug 1, 2016, 14:3708/01/16
Aug 1, 2016, 14:43(edited)
12/13/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Tony Hobson said:

Hi, Tony. As for the 1st one, it opens on the page where you have a discount. 

As for the 2nd one, please report it to our Support Team for testing and verifying.

No thank you

I refuse to report to your support team for testing - they should have tested it BEFORE they added the update patch
You have just stated in another thread that you are in direct contact with the devs - we do not get paid for sending bug reports

This bug has not been inflicted upon the Pirate game even tho they added the identical patch

What does this say about the competence of stormfall devs?

Aug 2, 2016, 13:2708/02/16
09/17/15
Daniel said:

And what about the beacon defense. Why is it still avaible for those that have a rank lower than ranger???
We didn't make any changes to it yet.
Aug 2, 2016, 13:3008/02/16
09/17/15

Tony Hobson said:

I refuse to report to your support team for testing - they should have tested it BEFORE they added the update patch
You have just stated in another thread that you are in direct contact with the devs - we do not get paid for sending bug reports

This bug has not been inflicted upon the Pirate game even tho they added the identical patch

Unfortunately, there's no way we could help you without your report. Pirates game wasn't updated yet, by the way. It will be updated tomorrow. 

There is a certain workflow with bugs. If you find it, you should report it to our Support Team for testing and finding WTR. It's the part of their job. I don't have time to check each and every report. If it's obvious, 100% reproducible and has a clear WTR, I can report it directly to devs. If we need more details, it should be investigated by Support.
Aug 2, 2016, 17:1408/02/16
Aug 2, 2016, 18:08(edited)
12/13/14

Tony Hobson said:

Unfortunately, there's no way we could help you without your report. Pirates game wasn't updated yet, by the way. It will be updated tomorrow. 

There is a certain workflow with bugs. If you find it, you should report it to our Support Team for testing and finding WTR. It's the part of their job. I don't have time to check each and every report. If it's obvious, 100% reproducible and has a clear WTR, I can report it directly to devs. If we need more details, it should be investigated by Support.

There are 2 building where units in catacombs can be viewed - Keep and Catacombs

Secure any unit and then compare the 2 views - the figures do not match
My league mates have verified that they are all affected, not just me

The bug is obvious and does not need to be tested nor verified

Edit - The Pirate game has not been given the Garrison Stats update, but at least this will help to identify the bug's origin

After securing 1000 archers

Keep View does not refresh - http://prnt.sc/c0rfdj

Catacomb view is fine - http://prnt.sc/c0rfz7

Aug 3, 2016, 07:0908/03/16
08/03/14

Alyona, 

your reply to Daniel's question was "we didnt make any changes to it yet"   but oberon said one of the update changes was that only rangers and above can see the defense in the beacon.

there were changes made. 

are you referring to the many many player request to change the rank at which defense becomes visible?  i would have rather seen that .  addressed than the garrison tab of how many units each player has.  pointless. i can see that in the embassy 

Lord Oberon said:

- From now on, you will be able to view exactly how many Units each of your fellow League Members has committed to defend the Beacons held by your League. In order to see a full breakdown of your League’s Beacon Reinforcements, simply select the Beacon you wish to view and open the "Garrison" tab. Please note that this feature is only available to Members ranked Ranger or above.

Aug 3, 2016, 13:1808/03/16
09/17/15
IronApex Turok said:

Let me check it.
Aug 3, 2016, 13:2808/03/16
Aug 3, 2016, 15:14(edited)
09/17/15
You're right, guys. We have planned some changes to Ranks which can see the Beacons Defense, but it wasn't released yet. There is a mistake in the post. If I'm not mistaken, all League members starting with Guardian can see the amount of Defense in the Beacons, right?
Aug 3, 2016, 13:3608/03/16
09/17/15
Tony Hobson said:

There are 2 building where units in catacombs can be viewed - Keep and Catacombs

Secure any unit and then compare the 2 views - the figures do not match
My league mates have verified that they are all affected, not just me

The bug is obvious and does not need to be tested nor verified

Edit - The Pirate game has not been given the Garrison Stats update, but at least this will help to identify the bug's origin

After securing 1000 archers

Keep View does not refresh - http://prnt.sc/c0rfdj

Catacomb view is fine - http://prnt.sc/c0rfz7

Could it be somehow connected with the fact that Units need about 15 seconds to move between Catacombs and the Keep? Could be the case.
Aug 3, 2016, 13:4108/03/16
03/15/16

Still, with all the new visuals we have small changes that make it harder for players to gain XP, no XP for personal challenge events discourages the time spent on them unless they coincide with a tourney.  Lower level players are forced into chasing points where they will lose the most.  Instead of increasing the points here like the system had done rate them and keep it the same no matter your personal level to make them equal for all - not just the payout of boosts that then keep players equal - or worse add defense boosts requiring more offense to be BOUGHT to play.

adding ways for spenders to increase their domination over the recreational player is a way to dry up the game.  I see many more castles pop up and play for a few days and once into the teens or maybe level 30 just quit due to the inadequacy of opportunities.  I know the system saves them for 3 days but there needs to be an encouragement to stick around and grow; maybe a ban on attacking or seizing people 30, 40 or 50 levels below you (hey you pick the number but help them past day 3).
Aug 3, 2016, 15:1608/03/16
09/17/15
Changed Ranger to Guardian. Thanks, guys! 
Aug 4, 2016, 21:1808/04/16
Aug 4, 2016, 21:34(edited)
12/13/14

Could it be somehow connected with the fact that Units need about 15 seconds to move between Catacombs and the Keep? Could be the case.

One archer with 73,233 defense - yet you still pretend that no bug exists in the latest patch?

Had you acted immediately you could have stopped this bug infecting other games.

Thanks to your obstructions, the pirate game now suffers from the identical bug (which has been tested and verified by several members of my pirate brotherhood)

Aug 5, 2016, 05:2008/05/16
06/21/15
yet again palarium stuffs ..u would think while u are trying to extract peoples money u ..Should be thinking of employing a decent developer / programmer the ones u have obviously aren,t very good at all .Again the players have to suffer some fools idea shutting down the game for another 5-6 hrs ..well done it does wonders for developing new farms without having to add res castles .. the down side to that is  lots players dont and wont return to any palarium game .