All Categories

Changes To Solo PvP Tournament Rankings!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Lord OberonCharacter
Jul 24, 2016, 10:2807/24/16
01/06/15

Place In The Elite Tier And Win Amazing Rewards!

Lords and Ladies!

The gods have seen fit to improve the Global Tournament ranking system!

From now on the ranking system shall work as follows:

- An experienced Lord knows to fight fair - and the wisdom in only fighting those of your skill level! To that end, similarly skilled Warriors have been divided up into Tiers to compete against one another! This shall make certain that all Lords and Ladies have an equally fair chance at winning a top spot in their Tier! The higher you place in your Tier’s Rankings, the more spectacular the Rewards you shall receive!

- The Lords who receive the most Tournament Points shall place in the Elite Tier where they shall have the opportunity to win even greater Rewards!

- Inside the Rankings tab of the Tournament window you can find two subtabs:

1. My Tier

2. Elite Tier

Inside the "My Tier" subtab you can find your fellow Tier Members and inside the “Elite Tier” tab you can find a list of those Lords who have made it to the Elite Tier.

Take note: This applies to Solo PvP Tournaments ONLY.

This new system provides all Lords and Ladies with the opportunity to excel by placing in top positions in the Rankings!

May Eir's light guide you to victory in the upcoming Tournaments! Claim your rightful rewards!

Lord Oberon

Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 24, 2016, 11:3307/24/16
07/25/15

A lot of pvp points been aquired by stack a place with units defending, and then have players send send certain amount of units into this wall of defence. You can call it win trading and it been happening a lot. 

There is a huge lack of incentive to defend yourself in this game. So You can attack someone of the same level, over and over, but chance is the units in catas and no actual fight take place.

Also as some of the last tournaments shown, the lack of actual rewards vs what you actually end up lose in achieve the points required. Just make us reluctant or not interested in take part what so ever. 

Jul 24, 2016, 12:5907/24/16
02/16/16
I, level 60, still have to compete with level 90+ players. Fair and balanced.
Jul 24, 2016, 14:1107/24/16

would be nice to see the report and control as they do points

Jul 25, 2016, 04:0107/25/16

Just checked it out.....

Suprise...same 3 top place winners....guess in the 2.5 MONTHS i have been playing im an elite player.

in order for me to rank i would have to get more points than i have earned since i started playing (and theres still two days left)

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jul 25, 2016, 08:3407/25/16
09/17/15
db dbomb said:

Just checked it out.....

Suprise...same 3 top place winners....guess in the 2.5 MONTHS i have been playing im an elite player.

in order for me to rank i would have to get more points than i have earned since i started playing (and theres still two days left)

That's how it works - if you show good results in your tier, you will be transferred to Elite tier with higher rewards.
Jul 25, 2016, 09:4907/25/16
10/31/14

SMOKE SCREEN. LIES. POCKET OPENING LIES. 

there is no change or whatsoever to the ranking. smae people. from 1 to 20.

These is just an opportunity for big $$$ spenders to earn more sapphires. I have and Idea why not just increase the saphires they can make buy spending alot. other than give them 2 rewards at the same time ?
Jul 25, 2016, 09:5607/25/16
12/13/14

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

db dbomb said:

Just checked it out.....

That's how it works - if you show good results in your tier, you will be transferred to Elite tier with higher rewards.

Except that it is NOT WORKING

Players are not being transferred to Elite tier - they are winning sapphires from BOTH tiers

Back to the drawing board
Jul 26, 2016, 07:4807/26/16
09/17/15
Tony Hobson said:

Except that it is NOT WORKING

Players are not being transferred to Elite tier - they are winning sapphires from BOTH tiers

Back to the drawing board
Correct. Not transferred, but added or something 
Jul 27, 2016, 14:3807/27/16
Jul 27, 2016, 14:44(edited)
12/13/14

It is called duplication - this is not a good thing and is nothing to smile about.

You are giving EXTRA sapphires to the top players at the expense of lower level players who get nothing
How does this justify this statement? "- An experienced Lord knows to fight fair - and the wisdom in only fighting those of your skill level"

No wonder there are so many low level abandoned castles on the map.

Jul 27, 2016, 19:1407/27/16
12/01/15
Tony Hobson said:

It is called duplication - this is not a good thing and is nothing to smile about.

You are giving EXTRA sapphires to the top players at the expense of lower level players who get nothing
How does this justify this statement? "- An experienced Lord knows to fight fair - and the wisdom in only fighting those of your skill level"

Those inactive numbers grow everyday with high level castles also not just low ones.
Jul 27, 2016, 19:3107/27/16

Lord Daniel,

you're right. Each day they are more and more players leaving Stormfall. Who knows what's the reason for that. Perhaps some new, more interesting game, lack of free time etc. Even I had a time off during one year but generally I'm playing this game for five years, now.

I think that the real players will always be with Stormfall no matter what. We shouldn't forget new ones, too. 

We're getting bigger community with each day passing by. Don't worry. 
Jul 27, 2016, 19:5607/27/16
07/25/15

Nemanja said:

Lord Daniel,

you're right. Each day they are more and more players leaving Stormfall. Who knows what's the reason for that. Perhaps some new, more interesting game, lack of free time etc. Even I had a time off during one year but generally I'm playing this game for five years, now.

I think that the real players will always be with Stormfall no matter what. We shouldn't forget new ones, too. 

We're getting bigger community with each day passing by. Don't worry. 

You got no numbers that support that statement, and Plarium refuse to supply those numbers. So if I claim that Stormfall is a dying game with players leaving it, that just as true as you claim its prospering, because, there is no actual numbers that support either claim. All I know is there is more players I see leave than players joining that I interact with. Blizzared used to boost about their WOW sub numbers all the time, until it started decline. Plarium doesn't want to release the numbers, because it clearly would be bad for business if they did. If the numbers had been great, they would released them because that would been good for business.

I can howerver tell you the number ONE reason the players I know from ingame that have left the game, why they left; The cost of the game.

I know you like to repeat the mantra about it being f2p and you have no need to spend anything. But its a p2w game so that hold true for just a very few. Funny thing is, once you start spend, you discover (some faster than others), that the money you just spent, went into a bottomless pitt that just keep ask for more. The final straw usually at some game changing momment where you lose most of your army and figure out the time it take to recover just not worth it and find something else to play. 
Jul 28, 2016, 07:5007/28/16
09/17/15
Tony Hobson said:

Players do fight with other players of the same skill level. However, why do you think it's bad to give extra rewards to those who have the best results? It's just like Rankings. If you're doing great, you will be awarded.
Jul 28, 2016, 08:2207/28/16
07/25/15

Tony Hobson said:

Players do fight with other players of the same skill level. However, why do you think it's bad to give extra rewards to those who have the best results? It's just like Rankings. If you're doing great, you will be awarded.

Isn't the reward of getting a reward from the elite tier good enough? Having different tiers to compete in is a joke if the winner get away with the prizes from both tiers. With different tiers you would end up give the guys that maybe never get a chance to win, an actual chance to win something within their tier. But that does't apply if the guys that get bumped up, get the prizes from the lower tier as well.