All Categories

The reward system on Battlegrounds is now secure against attempts to obtain Units in an unfair way!

The reward system on Battlegrounds is now secure against attempts to obtain Units in an unfair way!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jun 24, 2016, 19:5706/24/16
12/18/14
Drogar61 said:

I will repeat question: Why old way was unfair?

It wasn't unfair but Plarium does not like people to build an army without spending money.
Jun 24, 2016, 20:1306/24/16
06/22/14
That is why answer on this question is avoided. But I have right to repeat it. 
Jun 24, 2016, 20:1506/24/16
12/18/14
The way i see it, if we are killing our troops and building a bank it SHOULD NOT MATTER what method we use to do it, all these changes just discourage people from playing battle grounds and in the end people will lose interest in the game and quit.  Not a very good strategy on Plarium's part.
Jun 24, 2016, 21:0206/24/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:47(edited)
11/05/14
Drogar61 said:

Why such strategy was UNFAIR?

Are players still something from anyone? If someone filled bank with resources, no matter on which way, how it could be unfair if he later took what he could. If his account got negative sign at the end, for next payout he should to refill bank. So, it was on his risk.

On this way, again without any announcing, you put players with yellowed BGs in new problem. Again, and again.

After your last change I had to wait 4 months to repair my bank, and made any plan possible.

Is this change fair for the most of players?

Is old mechanic was unfair against Plarium because we didnt spend money for such style?

Just to compare, for you fair is when some players could make 100+ raids per week using sapphires, and when users spend his troops to make any plan to gain very little more (usually loose, but with  some tournaments you can get some very little value), that is unfair.

And, I can't comment this how I really want because you have a 'God' rule in pocket. Bravo.

Jun 24, 2016, 21:1006/24/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:47(edited)
11/05/14
well here we go again. first you mess up the Battleground by paying out on every battleground then you bring in a 60 battleground plan, witch you knew will mess with the players doing high level battlegrounds, now you mess with the stratigy of almost every player doing battlegrounds. and what ive seen the payouts is still pretty bad. i used to clear about 3 of my highest battlegrounds when i got a big payout, now i cant even start with my highest. no wonder so many players leaving this game.
Jun 24, 2016, 22:4706/24/16
Jun 27, 2016, 11:12(edited)
07/12/14

So what happens with my current bank?

do i continue to build to my banking goal  to get my payout?

and why did it take seven years for this so called unfair advantage to be recognised?

so peeved off right now with this game and all the money grabbing cganges.very unfair

for a free game.

1) Your current Bank remains.

2) You can use any strategy you like to increase your bank. It's up to you. However, if you use the yellowing strategy for the new BGs, you will notice that you need more time to receive a payout now.

3) We could notice it only under certain circumstances. Unfortunately, I am unable to tell you more.

Jun 24, 2016, 23:4506/24/16
01/26/15
Why is yellow lining battlegrounds unfair?  You bank up troops by killing them off in the battlegrounds and the payout is determined by the amount you bank. The bank doesn't payout as much as it did the last time you changed the system and now you change the system yet again for even less of a payout.  Once you reach the higher level battlegrounds, yellowlining is the only obvious way to get a good payout.  What difference does it make if we want to yellow line several lower battlegrounds, kill off a higher level battleground and then kill of the lower ones when we are still putting troops in the bank?
Jun 25, 2016, 01:2606/25/16
05/15/16
I do believe this change was inevitable but I feel that the "change" was not quite the right one... I have done a few BG's and not recieved any troops as some others have stated too. 
Jun 25, 2016, 02:0806/25/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:50(edited)
11/05/14
well I just did a low level BG and got what  nothing no troops nada will believe when I see it 
Jun 25, 2016, 02:4406/25/16
Jun 27, 2016, 11:14(edited)
07/12/14

If yellow baring is now not needed why leave the option in the game?

the more i read about the changes the less sence it makes.

Alyona Kolomiitseva posted an FAQ, which pretty much states that nothing has really changed.

so My question is what did you actually change.???

If you use yellowing strategy, you will notice that it now takes more time to receive a big payout than before. Unfortunately, I am unable to tell you what exactly was changed. it's classified.

Jun 25, 2016, 03:3506/25/16
08/22/14

Bohara said:

so My question is what did you actually change.???

Rewards for planning & effort will now be lower. Spend more to be a powerhouse in this game.

Jun 25, 2016, 05:4106/25/16

Wish I had two more hands....so I could give it FOUR THUMBS DOWN!!

Did about 35-40 of them today.. WAY more than enough to get a large pay just a few days ago.....what did i get...a lot of onesy twosy (no notable payout)

Just further cementing the divide between established players who have been doing this for a long time and novice / beginner players hopin to build any kind of army without breaking the bank IRL.

From a lvl 60 with just under 2months who JUST managed to get bgs working in my favor

I hope there is more to this.....

Jun 25, 2016, 07:1206/25/16
Jun 25, 2016, 07:14(edited)

Now have it realized? players vs strategy plarium 

the mystery of bgs is revealed 

Jun 25, 2016, 08:4906/25/16
08/03/14

PAY TO PLAY!!!

the balance got shifted EVEN MORE towards paying players.  

now, low spenders have no way to compete with big spenders armies. 

another nail in the coffin for plarium.
Jun 25, 2016, 14:3106/25/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:10(edited)
11/05/14

Okay, I'm still new. I call my strategy "archers and aces". I make 4-500 archers every day and I have a team of 40 single units (one dragon, one griffin, one necro, etc.) with 19k Off and 11k Def. I weaken BGs with the archers (yellow bar). Then the aces can wipe them out without ever taking losses to the team of single units. Some of the BGs the aces can defeat with no help.  That's why they're aces. I did this two nights ago to a group of BGs and ended up with 61 Demons for the lost archers. Last night I only ended up with 2 Wyvern and some of the BGs gave me no units. However, I did the same thing this morning to one level 20 BG and got 19 Wyvern and 61 Griffin. So I'm still yellow barring and finishing the lower BGs with my aces. However, then I am cashing out on one big BG. I turned less than 1000 archers (75k gold, 30k iron and 15k food in resources) into 21 Wyvern and 61 Griffin (the equivalent of 340k gold, 280k iron and 216k food). So the changes work out  for me.

Jun 25, 2016, 15:0006/25/16

securitas04 said:

Okay, I'm still new. I call my strategy "archers and aces". I make 4-500 archers every day and I have a team of 40 single units (one dragon, one griffin, one necro, etc.) with 19k Off and 11k Def. I weaken BGs with the archers (yellow bar). Then the aces can wipe them out without ever taking losses to the team of single units. Some of the BGs the aces can defeat with no help.  That's why their aces. I did this two nights ago to a group of BGs and ended up with 61 Demons for the lost archers. Last night I only ended up with 2 Wyvern and some of the BGs gave me no units. However, I did the same thing this morning to one level 20 BG and got 19 Wyvern and 61 Griffin. So I'm still yellow barring and finishing the lower BGs with my aces. However, then I am cashing out on one big BG. I turned less than 1000 archers (75k gold, 30k iron and 15k food in resources) into 21 Wyvern and 61 Griffin (the equivalent of 340k gold, 280k iron and 216k food). So the changes work out  for me.

Lord SECURITAS04,

safe combat is based on fact that each unit has different vulnerability (e.g. Bestiary ws Infantry). However, archers are weakest available defense. Wouldn't be wise to use more effective Infantry defense e.g. Warden or Ballista instead. 
Jun 25, 2016, 15:2106/25/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:10(edited)
11/05/14

I only could make archers until the last week or so. I start with archers and liberate better units as I go and then get the payout. I made something like 4 or 14 to 1 in resources, so I would say that it works.

I also have lots of buffs for the archers, so they are double strength.
Jun 25, 2016, 15:4206/25/16
Jun 25, 2016, 16:09(edited)
12/13/14

securitas04 said:

I only could make archers until the last week or so. I start with archers and liberate better units as I go and then get the payout. I made something like 4 or 14 to 1 in resources, so I would say that it works.

I have been using this method (which I developed for use on the pirate game) since 29 December, 2014
It is flawless, but was only designed to reduce losses during tournaments as it is a very slow method of filling your resource bank

http://forum.plarium.com/kabam/en/pirates-tides-of-fortune/tactics-and-strategy/topics/prizes--immortals-method/

My bg squad has a total offense value of over 75k which means that I can kill any bg containing 30k balur defense, so I can complete lower level bg in one wave, but higher level bg need waves of pikes/archers to weaken them below 30k
75,000 divided by 2.5 = 30,000
The only problem is calculating exact balur strength when we send a mixture of unit types

Building archers and pikes is fine - I actually prefer pikemen because they are much stronger even tho they take longer to build. Please note that Warden or Ballista  are very slow and expensive to build.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

It would seem that this latest change to battlegrounds means that all units sent to weaken a bg to yellow will not be added to our resource bank until after the bg is completed.

This has got absolutely nothing to do with 'unfair exploits' but is a deliberate attempt to give us all FEWER GIANT REWARDS.

All mini-payouts will reduce our bank balance, leading to less frequent big payouts - The obvious answer is to do what all fishermen have been doing for generations.

Just throw them back

As soon as you get a mini-payout, just send them all to die at your next battleground - this is the easiest way to restore your bank balance

Jun 25, 2016, 15:5706/25/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:09(edited)
11/05/14
Exactly. I keep sending my liberated units back into BGs until I get Dragons, Wyvern or Griffs. I've been playing less than 7 weeks and I have about 100 each Eldritch Dragons, Dragons and Wyvern and 150 each Eldritch Griffin and Griffin. I think the new BGs are still worth doing.
Jun 25, 2016, 18:5306/25/16
Jun 27, 2016, 11:51(edited)

Tony Hobson said:

It would seem that this latest change to battlegrounds means that all units sent to weaken a bg to yellow will not be added to our resource bank until after the bg is completed.

This has got absolutely nothing to do with 'unfair exploits' but is a deliberate attempt to give us all FEWER GIANT REWARDS.

All mini-payouts will reduce our bank balance, leading to less frequent big payouts - The obvious answer is to do what all fishermen have been doing for generations.

Just throw them back

As soon as you get a mini-payout, just send them all to die at your next battleground - this is the easiest way to restore your bank balance

Not only would it mean fewer giant rewards, but lower overall resource values of rewards. There is no point in doing battlegrounds to get poor quality troops back so these will automatically be reentered hence there would be double taxation of resource value of these troops.

@Plarium - can you confirm that you will be reducing the tax on the resource value troops to account for double taxation of troops entered into battlegrounds OR changing BG settings to only give high quality troops back.

We cannot confirm none of these.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.