This topic is closed

The reward system on Battlegrounds is now secure against attempts to obtain Units in an unfair way!

310 Replies
Gaianeka
22 July, 2016, 6:41 AM UTC

I am proud to say that I am still a "virgin" that until today Plarium has continue to fail to screw.

I spent zero dollar for this game and ultimately Plarium is the true sucker for providing this game free for my enjoyment.

Thanks Plarium. Regardless of whatever the stupid rule change, it does not affect my bottom line a bit.
UTC +0:00
Techway_GrandMarshal
22 July, 2016, 9:46 AM UTC

gaianeka said:

I am proud to say that I am still a "virgin" that until today Plarium has continue to fail to screw.

I spent zero dollar for this game and ultimately Plarium is the true sucker for providing this game free for my enjoyment.

Thanks Plarium. Regardless of whatever the stupid rule change, it does not affect my bottom line a bit.

Coiners make the game possible. when there is too many free players it makes it more expansive for the people who actually support the game.

although this is also a double edge sword when plarium takes advantage of there players.

I am offended when anyone would brag about how they do not support the game like the rest of us but choose to play month after month.  year after year. Show some support!

But on the other side how can anyone show support to a company that takes advantage of there players. How can anyone be proud to support a company like this?

supporting plarium right now make all of us all honorable fools
Gaianeka
22 July, 2016, 10:36 AM UTC

Techway_GrandMarshal said:

gaianeka said:

Coiners make the game possible. when there is too many free players it makes it more expansive for the people who actually support the game.

although this is also a double edge sword when plarium takes advantage of there players.

I am offended when anyone would brag about how they do not support the game like the rest of us but choose to play month after month.  year after year. Show some support!

But on the other side how can anyone show support to a company that takes advantage of there players. How can anyone be proud to support a company like this?

supporting plarium right now make all of us all honorable fools

Indeed. You are exactly right. It's not that I don't show support and just play the game for free. It's that the game and the company does NOT deserve my support.

Every time I want to spend money, I don't feel like I am paying a company for a good work done. Instead I feel like "Here goes I am getting ripped off..." and then I just stop.

Anyway, I am proud to be a "virgin", lol.
jumy
22 July, 2016, 12:25 PM UTC

NIKITA METEOR said:

My Lords and Ladies, the reward system on Battlegrounds is now secure against attempts to obtain Units in an unfair way.

IMPORTANT: The following applies only to new Locations, i.e. the ones you have not engaged yet.

A few players have identified weaknesses in the Battleground mechanics and exploited them to gain significantly more Units than they were supposed to. Such actions negatively influence the game balance and are unfair to other players. To remedy the situation, we have slightly modified the Battleground mechanics.

Unfortunately, these modifications will also affect those players that engage Battlegrounds utilizing the following strategy:

- First, they almost defeat Balur at multiple Battlegrounds of different levels, i.e. there is a small number of Balur’s Units remaining at each one of them.

- Next, they engage Battlegrounds of higher levels, receiving a reward.

- Then, they finish all the remaining Battlegrounds.

This strategy may now be less effective.

These modifications will not influence those players that engage (and finish) the Battlegrounds one at time.

So why not find a simple solution?

those who have a negative bank canceled the hero bonus until the fill, tolerance 5 Mil?

you are always in the middle, if it is incorrect method  remedied, otherwise forget that you only look bad because many people in a hurry to take advantage of the "incorrect method" 

this just because no one knows schedule Plarium

The truth hurts
UTC +12:00
Juglar del Viento
24 July, 2016, 10:24 AM UTC

hi all

it only consist in full the bank, dont ask how, still dont know except if you kill the bg in one shot to be sure troops bank

otherwise im on the part that if you dont have ur bank ready you wont receive any kind of reward, i mean you kill ur bg ur bank is not ready you receive ZERO. it could be fine for those who has taken advantage and their bank is so negative to receive NOTHING till that amount were restituted

Regards
Resistance Is Futile
UTC +1:00
Gaianeka
25 July, 2016, 5:07 AM UTC
Juglar del Viento said:

hi all

it only consist in full the bank, dont ask how, still dont know except if you kill the bg in one shot to be sure troops bank

otherwise im on the part that if you dont have ur bank ready you wont receive any kind of reward, i mean you kill ur bg ur bank is not ready you receive ZERO. it could be fine for those who has taken advantage and their bank is so negative to receive NOTHING till that amount were restituted

Regards
2183 wyverns is not even enough. Even at level 20 Wyvern's Blood Lost Art for 40% bonus does not match my entire offensive army power gained without intensive BGs. Giving 5000 wyverns should be more like it.
Gaianeka
25 July, 2016, 5:14 AM UTC

Because every algorithm is secret, playing this game is more like solving secret puzzles, don't you agree?

Very unlike a game of strategy.

Very unlike a systematic gameplay.
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
25 July, 2016, 8:32 AM UTC
gaianeka said:

Because every algorithm is secret, playing this game is more like solving secret puzzles, don't you agree?

It's a common thing that game developers keep game mechanics in a secret. I would even say a commercial secret. I'm sure you know very well why exactly.
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Gadheras
25 July, 2016, 8:38 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

gaianeka said:

It's a common thing that game developers keep game mechanics in a secret. I would even say a commercial secret. I'm sure you know very well why exactly.

Well, ,game of strategy, I more thinking og games such as total war.  Your ranged units skimrish the enemy, then your cheap troops hold the front while you smash your good units in from the flanks and the rear... We got units, and units cards, with stats and all this in this game, there just isnt any real tactics.
Vladimir Stojanovic
25 July, 2016, 9:11 AM UTC
gaianeka said:

2183 wyverns is not even enough. Even at level 20 Wyvern's Blood Lost Art for 40% bonus does not match my entire offensive army power gained without intensive BGs. Giving 5000 wyverns should be more like it.
This is about 5milion O power, you want to say that you can build 5milion O in 3 to 4 weeks ( for this payout you need from 3 to 4 weeks if you do not use cards ).
ion
25 July, 2016, 1:59 PM UTC
Vladimir Stojanovic said:

gaianeka said:

This is about 5milion O power, you want to say that you can build 5milion O in 3 to 4 weeks ( for this payout you need from 3 to 4 weeks if you do not use cards ).
you can build 5 mil of in 3-4 weeks without paying ? Strange , in my Stormfall side , i can do this in 3-4 months, and i need to build only offense
aaa
Vladimir Stojanovic
25 July, 2016, 7:15 PM UTC
ion said:

gaianeka said:

you can build 5 mil of in 3-4 weeks without paying ? Strange , in my Stormfall side , i can do this in 3-4 months, and i need to build only offense
Lord, Im asking same question Lord Gaianeka
Drogar61
25 July, 2016, 8:00 PM UTC
@Vladimir, read and edit your text in parentheses - that makes confusion.
Gaianeka
26 July, 2016, 3:50 AM UTC

gaianeka said:

I certainly can't build 5 million in 3 to 4 weeks.

Questions:

1. How much offense power does it take to fill up the bank for such payout at level 73?

2. How much time is needed to build such needed offense power?

Now, if I need the same 5 million offense power (assuming zero taxation on behalf of the government of Plarium) for such payout, then how long does it take to build my troops up to 5 million offense power? If it takes 3 to 4 months without spending money, then why bother?

Now, if you say the BGs are just converting units, then am I right to say if I can train wyverns on my own (researched the Wyvern's Blood), does that mean the BGs are useless to me now?

I might as well train the wyverns on my own instead of doing the BGs and pay tax.

Gaianeka
26 July, 2016, 3:58 AM UTC

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

gaianeka said:

While other game mechanics are secret, they are not as unfair and outrageous as Plarium's games.

While other game mechanics are secret, they are FINAL and do not get adjusted and re-adjusted over and over and over again endlessly from time to time (those games have patches to solve bugs, not re-adjusting the algorithm differently that has nothing to do with bugs).

If the game mechanics keep changing over and over and over again, then what is so systematic or strategic about the game?

Even a dumb board game with very basic game mechanics are more fun and enjoyable than this.

Gaianeka
26 July, 2016, 4:06 AM UTC

With an ever-changing game mechanics, playing Stormfall is like buying a home. This home is very special in a sense that once awhile it will change location elsewhere. And once awhile the size of this home will shrink a bit smaller. And once awhile the design of this home will alter. And these kind of changes will take place every now and then. If you want to buy a home, will you buy this kind of home? For me, I will not buy. I will just rent for free.

You may say your game mechanics or algorithm is unique and special thus warrant constant changes, but that would mean other games are not. Games like Diablo, Half-Life, Total War, Tomb Raider, Halo, The Elder's Scroll, Fallout, etc are great games and top games but they have FINAL game mechanics and they don't change their algorithms except to get rid of bugs. Can we say these games are less good because they don't have ever-changing game mechanics?

Gaianeka
26 July, 2016, 5:33 AM UTC

Joke of the Day

Me: How do I get 5 million offense payout doing BG level 73 in 3 to 4 weeks?

Moderator: Well, it's possible but that's for you to find out (this is a puzzle game).

Later....

Me: YESSS!!! I finally found the way...!!!

Moderator: Congratulations! Now we are going to change the BG's game mechanics just to make sure you can no longer game the system and to make sure it's fair to newer players.

Me: Whoa, what??? How am I going to get another 5 million offense payout???

Moderator: Now that's for you to find out. This is a puzzle game, remember?

Me: Whoa, I thought this is a strategy game?

Moderator: Yes, it is a strategically puzzling game.

Me: FUUUKKKKKKKKKKK.....................!!!!

ion
26 July, 2016, 6:51 AM UTC

any change in bgs mechanics had made these less "profitable" (actually BGs were not profitable but if in the past the bank tax was 5% , now is greatly increased ). Was the algorithm cheated? Be serious , an algorithm cant be cheated, can be exploited if you find some vulnerable points,  that presume some strategy and work (and in Plarium opinion , Stormfall is a strategic game), players who find these points must be rewarded.

But when players figure out how the things work, Plarium change the mechanics - so a strategy cant be followed when everything changes so often.

Its true BGs give better units? No, its false. Look at the time you need for building , a dragon need over 3 hours to build and has 2500 offense, in the same time you can produce 30 paladins with the same offense, this is applying to all units, its no major diference between units, is diferent only in interactions between them

Remain the question-to play or not at BGs ? Yes -when are tournaments , making some points for some sapphires( but dont try to achieve a place in the top if you are a f2p ) or if you have a huge army and you have nothing else to do with units. Not- if there arent tournaments. This is the only strategy left regarding BGs

aaa
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
26 July, 2016, 7:43 AM UTC

ion said:

any change in bgs mechanics had made these less "profitable" (actually BGs were not profitable but if in the past the bank tax was 5% , now is greatly increased ). Was the algorithm cheated? Be serious , an algorithm cant be cheated, can be exploited if you find some vulnerable points,  that presume some strategy and work (and in Plarium opinion , Stormfall is a strategic game), players who find these points must be rewarded.

But when players figure out how the things work, Plarium change the mechanics - so a strategy cant be followed when everything changes so often.

Its true BGs give better units? No, its false. Look at the time you need for building , a dragon need over 3 hours to build and has 2500 offense, in the same time you can produce 30 paladins with the same offense, this is applying to all units, its no major diference between units, is diferent only in interactions between them

Remain the question-to play or not at BGs ? Yes -when are tournaments , making some points for some sapphires( but dont try to achieve a place in the top if you are a f2p ) or if you have a huge army and you have nothing else to do with units. Not- if there arent tournaments. This is the only strategy left regarding BGs

I've already answered this question multiple times, about a month ago.  

It's not so bad as you think, and you had a lot of time to raid BGs and make sure that you will still get your big payout as you did before. the only difference is for the players who are used to yellowing BGs - they will need a bit more of them until they receive a big payout. If you were doing BGs one by one, you won't even notice any changes. 

Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
ion
26 July, 2016, 8:10 AM UTC
I asked some things but i also responded in same post. I also asked in other posts some questions regarding BGs, but without answers -like :The amount of resources eldritch units are payed? Cause i doubt these units are considered into the bank. I received some answers from players but i want an official answer
aaa
1663249 users registered; 33850 topics; 252774 posts; our newest member:sneaktiger