All Categories

Coming Soon! Updated Battleground Conquest Tournament!

Coming Soon! Updated Battleground Conquest Tournament!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Mar 3, 2016, 02:3003/03/16
Mar 3, 2016, 02:31(edited)
02/22/15
Yes long run I am pretty sure it will be fine for future as people can adapt for future events, my point was why make a change without informing players so they can conclude with plans already set, instead they do it in the middle of what people have prepared for which can take some time to do. I just don't see why it couldn't get announced as a future update as opposed to guess what we changed again with no thought to the players loss from previous preperations.
Mar 3, 2016, 02:3603/03/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:58(edited)
11/05/14

I'm not sure it is an excuse, however recently the Community team has been rearranged, as you may have noticed. Additionally I doubt this was in development a month ago, the Plarium team likes to do multiple things at once and that can mean that certain things get cut and some others happen all of a sudden. 

The team is aware of the problem and I was told that the restructure of the Community team will try to improve that and create a better environment for everyone. 

Mar 3, 2016, 03:2203/03/16
06/22/14

How nice chitchat.

Maybe is time that someone really explain what next means

From now on, Lords and Ladies will get Tournament Points for EACH and every minion taken out at a Battleground during Battleground Conquest Tournaments! This means that no Lord or Lady shall return from a Battleground unsatisfied, even if they don't manage to conquer the Battleground before the Tournament ends.

We already have all of this, what will be changed?

Mar 3, 2016, 04:2103/03/16
02/22/15
This is the Total Domination format, you get BG tourney points as you kill troops not when you complete the BG like they are now, so basically the BG tourney is the same as the EXP tourney format but points in BG only. So if you have stored yellow bars waiting for the next BG conquest event you are out of luck for points as the troops are already dead.
Mar 3, 2016, 04:4303/03/16
06/22/14

thefray said:

This is the Total Domination format, you get BG tourney points as you kill troops not when you complete the BG like they are now, so basically the BG tourney is the same as the EXP tourney format but points in BG only. So if you have stored yellow bars waiting for the next BG conquest event you are out of luck for points as the troops are already dead.

TY! Clear explanation. In original post loosing victory points were mentioned but I didn't understand on right way.

Now I understand your/our potential lost (points for awards).

I emphasized your words - that is the explicit sentence for explanation. 

Mar 3, 2016, 05:0303/03/16
03/08/15

So pretty much there will be a slight difference between the XP tournament and the proposed BG idea, that is that lower lvl BGs give more XP for the troops you kill inside then higher level ones, hence for the people doing lvl 80-125 BGs they will get as many points in proportion as those doing lvl 1-20 BGs. Hence it will be difference from XP tournament and a more fair way then current XP tournament.

However you have ruined the strategy behind clearing Battlegrounds, just like some don't wish to clear a BG and still get the points, others also prefer to load up battlegrounds as they build the troops, and then clear then during an event, the second one makes a lot more sense i think, so the changes have absolutely no purpose for helping players to plan, prepare and do.

Now for the rewards aspect we don't know what they will be, but what we do know is that the first tournament will be the most rewards we will ever get from that event. They will implement the change, give a good reward for the event so everyone feels not cheated, even those having to remove some yellows will enjoy the rewards, then when the update is fixed, Nerf the heck out of the rewards just like all other BG events. In a way the help players in the transition i guess... but long term seems another Nerf of an event as they have seen people do too well on XP tournement and BG one, and lets be honest BGs are only worth doing either for the very small early rewards or combined events like many have adapted to.
Mar 3, 2016, 05:1003/03/16
03/08/15
Also the focus on BGs will be defense ones (as they have always been) where you will get a lot more points for the same amount of troops to turn over for more points. It is no secret people load, get big reward on their 2nd highest defense one and hope they get a 100% defense reward, with the update defense BGs will become even more popular and important leading to an unbalanced game on battlegrounds of converting defense into offense. The Battleground strategy Plarium originally updated because they saw the problem of players playing almost all in defense battlegrounds so they introduced a reward every Battleground making it painful for loading Offense back into battlegrounds and turn it back into defense. 
Mar 3, 2016, 06:4103/03/16
02/22/15
Did I miss where they said low level get more points?
Mar 3, 2016, 06:5003/03/16
02/22/15

I only caught that stronger minions will be worth more.

None the less and by post above things get rushed into production but I don't see where there is forethought for the players who may be setting up for previous system, just a statement that it might be better in the future and if it follows plariums other improvements of the BG system I am starting to doubt that also. So lets fix what isn't broken approach or we already broke it with the last fix, let's see what happens now and hope for the best?

How many improvements have actually been improvements lately? 
Mar 3, 2016, 06:5603/03/16
Mar 3, 2016, 07:00(edited)
02/22/15

Sorry for the rant but we seem to be in a one step forward, two steps back cycle of improvements rushed to the game with maybe less thought than needed ie fortress is the latest example that takes weeks to make adjustments that should have been caught before implementation.

I will probably get removed for straying from topic and criticizing but now we lose unit rewards during league PvP for tomes and glory points?

But we do get a quest refresher LOL

Mar 3, 2016, 07:5203/03/16
03/08/15
thefray said:

Did I miss where they said low level get more points?
That's how the XP tournament works, lower level BGs give more XP per balours troops inside (if they were same composition), think you miss read what i meant.
Mar 3, 2016, 09:5803/03/16
Mar 3, 2016, 10:47(edited)
12/13/14

Mehnslayer said:

thefray said:

Again lessening our rewards overall and push to sapp purchases.

I don't care about BG (I am done with them after this cycle) as there have just removed one of the ways to offset the tax they charge to do them. I care about the implementation and disregard of players who are in the middle of setting up for the old system rewards by introducing the new BG system without warning.

AT LEAST GIVE US 75% revival so we can get a few of our troops back from EXP tourney since you have ruined the cycle we are using to get rewards from BG tourney
Thefray, you have made it very clear that you have yellow barred, and I can understand in your situation WHY it would be a loss, and its an undeniable loss. However, this I think is actually an update in the long run. As for the 75% discount, there should be one in the near future :)

This is NOT an update in the long run, short run, or any other run. If you did not know about this months ago then you should have known and the entire stormfall community should have been warned.

Plarium made this change to the pirate game months ago and have obviously been planning to change stormfall for months. This is just another stealth tax.

http://forum.plarium.com/kabam/en/pirates-tides-of-fortune/news-and-announcements/topics/prize-ransack-tournament-point-calculation-mechanics/

New tournament will only give points for balur units killed on a 50:1 BR scale.

Marennon 80, Orc 20 (or 30). Raider 40, Ogre 60
Calculate the total killed then divide by 10 for Battleground Ranking figure.
Note that the value of Orcs has been changed on Red BG because Plarium cannot find any honest method of rewarding you for the actual value of all balur units killed. (The pirate game completely dumped these units and were forced to design a simplified new unit)

The total killed will give Battleground Ranking Points and 50 BR points gives one tournament point

So 10,000 balur strength killed gives 1,000 Battleground Ranking which gives only 20 tournament points - worthwhile??

Plarium have been consistently nerfing battlegrounds, payouts from battlegrounds and rewards from battleground tournaments for over a year - this is the final nail in the coffin

p.s. The next change will be to give 60 bg in eagles nest instead of 24 ... you heard it here first folks
Trust a pirate ... never trust anyone else yohoho

Mar 3, 2016, 11:2903/03/16
12/13/14

Lord Oberon said:

Earn Tournament Points for Each Orc Destroyed! 

.... A word of warning: stronger minions are worth more Tournament Points than weaker ones.

Ermmmm, no they ain't, not always 

If I send Pikemen to kill Orcs then they are each worth 60 defense
If I send Pikemen to kill Orcish Raiders then they are each worth 40 defense

This means that weaker minions are worth more Tournament Points than stronger ones ... it just depends what you send, and what you find when you get there.

This explains why red battlegrounds can be such a disaster area on stormfall ... maybe you should dump these units too, like they did on the pirate game

Mar 4, 2016, 08:5703/04/16
Mar 22, 2019, 12:03(edited)
This is very bad planning.. We should have been informed of this earlier.. or just postpone it till the Bg tour is over..
Mar 4, 2016, 10:2803/04/16

they study what we do... convenient for them if we use sapphires (not use them and have patience for rebuild troops or they are right in this "upgrade")

we complain of fortresses but how many sapphires them have gained? may they are right with their studies? YES

Mar 4, 2016, 20:4003/04/16
03/01/15

jumy said:

they study what we do... convenient for them if we use sapphires (not use them and have patience for rebuild troops or they are right in this "upgrade")

we complain of fortresses but how many sapphires them have gained? may they are right with their studies? YES

If they do indeed study what we do, then it is logical to assume this change, its timing, and lack of advanced notice were very intentional.  After all, if they are studying us, they would know how we were using the cycle for max benefit.  The timing of this change is indeed in the perfect place to sabotage the cycle, and then they add in a 75% revive discount.  Looks like a cash grab to me; sabotage a beneficial cycle then give a "discount" to encourage us to spend sapphires on this bg tournament.  That is, of course, assuming that they really are studying us, how we play the game, and using that data to figure out how to wring even more money out of players.  

Mar 4, 2016, 20:5303/04/16
04/10/15

Red said:

jumy said:

If they do indeed study what we do, then it is logical to assume this change, its timing, and lack of advanced notice were very intentional.  After all, if they are studying us, they would know how we were using the cycle for max benefit.  The timing of this change is indeed in the perfect place to sabotage the cycle, and then they add in a 75% revive discount.  Looks like a cash grab to me; sabotage a beneficial cycle then give a "discount" to encourage us to spend sapphires on this bg tournament.  That is, of course, assuming that they really are studying us, how we play the game, and using that data to figure out how to wring even more money out of players.  

Dont be wrong. in FB we are with the points of killing balur hordes since 24th of February. then there was no revival discount. This revival discounts is offered arround every two weeks so its in this weekend when have coincided the bg tournament with the revival discount.

we all have to change to kill balur hordes in this kind of tournament or in xp tournament. the proposal its the same.

Regards
Mar 4, 2016, 23:2003/04/16
Mar 4, 2016, 23:30(edited)

Juglar del Viento said:

Red said:

jumy said:

Dont be wrong. in FB we are with the points of killing balur hordes since 24th of February. then there was no revival discount. This revival discounts is offered arround every two weeks so its in this weekend when have coincided the bg tournament with the revival discount.

we all have to change to kill balur hordes in this kind of tournament or in xp tournament. the proposal its the same.

Regards

I only see a good tactic by plarium when finished xp tournament and many people are left without troops to burn, new bgs with other system losses (also pvp) and 75% revive , all happy now (i do not understand why 75% see it as a reward.... it is just an expense for cash in)

if you say you do not study our movements is the same as not cure their profits .... it's crazy to say

anyway if they do see a profit 

the serious matter since i've been in the game is that: when you add something you have to remove another (these are not changes or additions) is a continuous admit mistakes and not knowing which way to go for a good profit/good gameplay, anyone play and try this game first? or play only for destroy other troops?

this a a reflection is too many evident

you want epic battles? and troops? buy?

Mar 5, 2016, 00:3303/05/16
Mar 5, 2016, 00:38(edited)
12/18/14

Lower level players do not gain any benefit from the new bg reward system.  After collecting my troop rewards from the yellowed ones that I had prepared I am pretty much done with them.  There is no point i can build what needs to be built without sacrificing an "investment" of troops for meager rewards.  

Thank you plarium, I had not touched bg's for a very long time because my troops were being put to use for the league I was previously in.  I finally got to a point where I could play bg again and enjoy the rewards and you have just taken that enjoyment away.

Mar 6, 2016, 20:2103/06/16
09/29/14

this change is worse for high BG level players ;

in the past they  make 100,98,96 level  Bgs  to yellow and pick the points in the tournament,

but from now on , they had to wait and feed whole army up to the tournament ,

this will make food consumption larger , and hard to produce new army

i hope plarium will notice this