All Categories

Coming Soon! Updated Battleground Conquest Tournament!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Lord OberonCharacter
Mar 1, 2016, 11:5503/01/16
01/06/15

Earn Tournament Points for Each Orc Destroyed! 

My Lords and Ladies,

Balur's Orcish hordes are wreaking havoc across Darkshine! Despite your skill and noble upbringing, it appears that there is no stopping these beasts from springing up across the realm!

We have implemented a new Reward system for these Tournaments. From now on, Lords and Ladies will get Tournament Points for EACH and every minion taken out at a Battleground during Battleground Conquest Tournaments! This means that no Lord or Lady shall return from a Battleground unsatisfied, even if they don't manage to conquer the Battleground before the Tournament ends. A word of warning: stronger minions are worth more Tournament Points than weaker ones.

Spare no effort in your fight to rid Battlegrounds of these nefarious creatures!

Lord Oberon

Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 1, 2016, 22:0103/01/16
03/01/15
A welcome change, but it also undermines the strategy some have been using in the past.  Will there still be a bonus for completing the bgs, or will it all be based on what is killed now?
Mar 1, 2016, 22:0703/01/16
Mar 1, 2016, 22:09(edited)

Red said:

A welcome change, but it also undermines the strategy some have been using in the past.  Will there still be a bonus for completing the bgs, or will it all be based on what is killed now?

You pipped me to the post, I was going to ask the very same thing.

So essentially the question is are you introducing a useful bonus, in which you get the choice of whether to claim tournament points for killing of units in either the exhibition tournament or the battleground tournament and you still claim the completion reward in the battleground tournament

or

are you effectively reducing the tournament rewards by only allowing the points to be awarded for killing of units whether in the experience exhibition or the battleground tournament
Mar 2, 2016, 00:5003/02/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:57(edited)
11/05/14
I would prefer this change to be effective only after next tournament as all my Bgs are yellow and ready to harvest.  Give us the chance to collect maximum points one last time at least.
Mar 2, 2016, 01:4703/02/16
11/05/14

Nynaeve said:

I would prefer this change to be effective only after next tournament as all my Bgs are yellow and ready to harvest.  Give us the chance to collect maximum points one last time at least.

I will make a note of this and see what I am told. 

As for the first 2 comments, I believe the points are distributed entirely among the units killed and not the completion of the battleground itself
Mar 2, 2016, 05:4503/02/16
02/22/15

I was thinking the same, I have over 20 BG yellow barred up into the 100 lvl building up over time to finish in the BG tourney and Plarium makes a change with NO WARNING!!!!!!!!!

Now instead of getting maximum points on next tourney I will get almost none.

You should give us a 2 to 4 week warning so we can complete a cycle and ready for new format instead of cutting us off at the knees!!!!!

Why wouldn't you tell us of such a major change so we can adapt instead of lose as with most updates.

I figure I will lose 200 plus eldrich necromancers due to this, not cool Plarium

Mar 2, 2016, 05:4703/02/16
02/22/15

Here is a schedule so you can ready for tourney's, you left out we may change the format midstream,

EPIC FAIL!!!!
Mar 2, 2016, 07:1603/02/16
11/05/14
I wouldn't even think that this was in a development stage that was guaranteed 1 month ago. 
Mar 2, 2016, 11:0003/02/16
07/25/15

thefray said:

I was thinking the same, I have over 20 BG yellow barred up into the 100 lvl building up over time to finish in the BG tourney and Plarium makes a change with NO WARNING!!!!!!!!!

Now instead of getting maximum points on next tourney I will get almost none.

You should give us a 2 to 4 week warning so we can complete a cycle and ready for new format instead of cutting us off at the knees!!!!!

Why wouldn't you tell us of such a major change so we can adapt instead of lose as with most updates.

I figure I will lose 200 plus eldrich necromancers due to this, not cool Plarium

Complete your BG, smash the YL ones you got, take your reward units and hit a new spawning BG... PROFIT?

Mar 2, 2016, 11:1803/02/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:11(edited)
Seems like a profit to me, I'm surely not the only person that likes to stop on certain points for certain tournaments, this means I can finish without being hundreds + of points over the threshold. 
Mar 2, 2016, 12:3703/02/16

Mehnslayer said:

I will make a note of this and see what I am told. 

As for the first 2 comments, I believe the points are distributed entirely among the units killed and not the completion of the battleground itself

if so is same to XP tournament

Mar 2, 2016, 13:1203/02/16
06/22/14

There is no loss!

Every player planned to finish previous jobs without any extra rewards. At worst scenario he will do at same condition, with or without extra points. When new rules will come everyone will be able to make new plans.
Mar 2, 2016, 15:0903/02/16

Mehnslayer said:

Seems like a profit to me, I'm surely not the only person that likes to stop on certain points for certain tournaments, this means I can finish without being hundreds + of points over the threshold. 

It seems more like a loss to me. 

Previously - we could load troops during the experience exhibitions and gain points for killing units there.

We could then complete the battlegrounds during bg tournaments and gain points there.

Now we get rewards only from the tournament in which which we kill the units.
Mar 2, 2016, 15:3103/02/16
02/22/15

How can it not be a loss, you have spent time and energy getting almost all your BG to yellow and then they change the rules, now when I kill them I get points only for troops killed (which there are a fraction of in there now) before I would get points just for actually conquering which is how mine are setup planning for next tourney.

If plarium announced the change for the NEXT tourney everyone would have a fair shake and a chance to adjust, those of us already this far in have lost yet again.
Mar 2, 2016, 15:3503/02/16
Mar 2, 2016, 15:53(edited)
01/12/15

Definitely a loss to those who used the 'load at exp tourney finish at bg tourney' strategy. During exp tourney those people have sacrificed a lot of units at bg hoping they can get the rewards on exp tourney and bg tourney. I guess this is how plarium deal with that strategy, oh well. 

If plarium decided to make exp tourney with multiplier as anotherchange, I'm good with that lol

Mar 2, 2016, 15:4503/02/16
03/01/15

Drogar61 said:

There is no loss!

Every player planned to finish previous jobs without any extra rewards. At worst scenario he will do at same condition, with or without extra points. When new rules will come everyone will be able to make new plans.

There is significant loss.  If you don't buy troops or revive troops, they take a good while to produce.  The previous strategy had been to use xp tournament to get bgs to yellow and get rewards, then finish bgs for bg tournament, get rewards, and get the payoff from the bg bank.  

This change destroys that beneficial cycle.  If we get bg to yellow for xp, we lose out on points for bg tournament.  That is why I asked if we still get reward for finishing bg during bg tournament.  If we don't, then they've essentially made the bg tournament into a more limited version of the xp tournament, effectively nerfing our rewards and trying to sell it as a positive change.
Mar 2, 2016, 16:1803/02/16
02/22/15

Again lessening our rewards overall and push to sapp purchases.

I don't care about BG (I am done with them after this cycle) as there have just removed one of the ways to offset the tax they charge to do them. I care about the implementation and disregard of players who are in the middle of setting up for the old system rewards by introducing the new BG system without warning.

AT LEAST GIVE US 75% revival so we can get a few of our troops back from EXP tourney since you have ruined the cycle we are using to get rewards from BG tourney
Mar 2, 2016, 18:1503/02/16
06/22/14

Red said:

Drogar61 said:

There is no loss!

There is significant loss.  If you don't buy troops or revive troops, they take a good while to produce.  The previous strategy had been to use xp tournament to get bgs to yellow and get rewards, then finish bgs for bg tournament, get rewards, and get the payoff from the bg bank.  

This change destroys that beneficial cycle.  If we get bg to yellow for xp, we lose out on points for bg tournament.  That is why I asked if we still get reward for finishing bg during bg tournament.  If we don't, then they've essentially made the bg tournament into a more limited version of the xp tournament, effectively nerfing our rewards and trying to sell it as a positive change.

I was talking about prepared BGs, nothing else. If everyone finish them today and wait for ... anything, today it will not get any extra point. So when change will be implemented everyone should to finish there prepared BGs (as NynaEve asked for waiting) and start new circle.

I didn't understand this confusing announcement as plan for removing current awards from BG tournaments but as something new (unexplained) and good for us. About that I can't speak until I will understand. So if you understood this as loss points in preparing phase (within or withou XP tournaments) or loss in awards and points at the moment of finalizing BG task then this upgrade will be nothing then continuation of constant pressing players to spend money. Obivously, somethings is happening with Plarium (regular offers are for 1.9$ - no  one wants to buy for 99.9$, Lord Oberon went to hunt ). Maybe this is beginning of the end, or we really will get (finally) something for our patient and investments in this game). I really hope that would be second one.
Mar 2, 2016, 19:0803/02/16
03/01/15

If they keep points for finishing and just add in points for killing minions also, then yes, it would be overall beneficial.  The description and the response to my query make it sound like they are taking away points for finishing bg and making bg tournaments give points exclusively for kills.  

One of the biggest fun killing problems players have identified in the game is how long it takes to produce troops.  This issue has been brought up on the forum multiple times and Lord Oberon's response was that Plarium has no intent to make troop production faster, give us more free revives, or in any other non $ way let us get troops faster.  Changes like this that seem to take away rewards we were getting and ruin a cycle that players were using to get maximum payout for killing their troops in bgs seem designed to make the game more $ intensive and tends to drive players away.  

As we have not yet gotten one of the bg tournaments under the new rules, it is not possible to tell how the rewards will compare; whether we will on average get better rewards than we did before, worse rewards, or roughly the same.  Once we see how rewards compare, it may prove to be beneficial or it may be an overall nerf to our rewards.  We'll see when a bg tournament comes.

Mar 2, 2016, 20:4103/02/16

we should to wait and see how it is but in the meantime 

-----

Lord Oberon said:

Lords and Ladies, this is the last time I update the Tournament schedule. My duties are changing now. You will know more details from our news today.

------
not bode well...... do not spend or  everything will be measured in your wallet

Mar 3, 2016, 01:5903/03/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:58(edited)
11/05/14
thefray said:

Again lessening our rewards overall and push to sapp purchases.

I don't care about BG (I am done with them after this cycle) as there have just removed one of the ways to offset the tax they charge to do them. I care about the implementation and disregard of players who are in the middle of setting up for the old system rewards by introducing the new BG system without warning.

AT LEAST GIVE US 75% revival so we can get a few of our troops back from EXP tourney since you have ruined the cycle we are using to get rewards from BG tourney
Thefray, you have made it very clear that you have yellow barred, and I can understand in your situation WHY it would be a loss, and its an undeniable loss. However, this I think is actually an update in the long run. As for the 75% discount, there should be one in the near future :)