All Categories

Major Feature Update! League Fortresses!

Major Feature Update! League Fortresses!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Mar 3, 2016, 21:0003/03/16
03/01/15

Lord Oberon said:

I think that leagues should set long term goals. Upgrading the Fortress shouldn't be immediate. It's a task for an entire league to work on. At the same time this is a realistic task worth accomplishing. 

Lord Oberon,

That sounds great in theory, but the problem is that there are "safe" zones only at lvl 5 and 8.  There are some very powerful leagues out there who may choose to attack fortresses in pursuit of their own goals.  After all, anything that isn't 5 or 8 is almost guaranteed to have lots of def sitting there...I can see that being a big kick me sign during PvP tournaments when a league is pushing hard for first.  

With the time it takes to upgrade (if you don't pay), it sounds to me like the feature is designed to force you to cash or to constantly have your hard work downgraded by stronger opponents who are hitting your stuff in pursuit of their own goals.
Mar 3, 2016, 21:1403/03/16
03/01/15

Lord Oberon said:

I don't really see how that can be abused big time by alts.

1. Create a dozen of alts, level them up, receive Sapphires from tutorial quests.

2. Accept your alts to your league, deposit their Sapphires to the bank, kick your alts from the league

3. Repeat till the desired result is achieved.

This sounds like a time-consuming scheme but you won't believe what some players do in attempts to gain an unfair advantage. 

I'm not saying that everyone is like this, but we'd rather not risk creating an environment where such stunts would be possible. 

I can see how alt abuse could become a problem, but it seems there may be ways to reduce/prevent it without treating all players like criminals.  That is essentially what you're doing, after all.  You are saying that because a minority cannot be trusted, all of us must pay the price.  For what its worth, here is my suggestion:

There is already a mechanic blocking new members of the league from gaining league rewards for a set amount of time.  You could incorporate something similar for making contributions to a league bank.  Anyone donating would have to be a member of the league for 3 months.  Considering the limited league roster, that would drastically limit/slow that particular form of cheating.

If that is not a good enough control for the devs, then I would suggest what another poster already said:  Make donation to league bank an option you can do only when purchasing sapphires.  That would guarantee that every sapphire going into the league bank was paid for with real money.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Mar 4, 2016, 10:2703/04/16
09/17/15
Red said:

Lord Oberon said:

I think that leagues should set long term goals. Upgrading the Fortress shouldn't be immediate. It's a task for an entire league to work on. At the same time this is a realistic task worth accomplishing. 

Lord Oberon,

That sounds great in theory, but the problem is that there are "safe" zones only at lvl 5 and 8.  There are some very powerful leagues out there who may choose to attack fortresses in pursuit of their own goals.  After all, anything that isn't 5 or 8 is almost guaranteed to have lots of def sitting there...I can see that being a big kick me sign during PvP tournaments when a league is pushing hard for first.  

With the time it takes to upgrade (if you don't pay), it sounds to me like the feature is designed to force you to cash or to constantly have your hard work downgraded by stronger opponents who are hitting your stuff in pursuit of their own goals.
Actually, to upgrade the Fortress to higher levels, you need to downgrade the Fortress of the same level. So, even the strongest Alliances need strong enemies. So it's impossible that there will be only a few high-level Fortresses.
Mar 4, 2016, 13:1103/04/16
01/12/15
The most likely outcome of the fortress with current system is everyone upgraded to lv8 and stopped.
Mar 5, 2016, 20:4203/05/16
May 17, 2019, 12:09(edited)

can I play for ree

Mar 7, 2016, 14:1003/07/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:39(edited)
11/05/14
bluejet16 said:

can I play for ree

Yes
Mar 8, 2016, 16:3003/08/16
06/18/14

Implement a new currency - Rubies for example - that can be buyed only.

That's how you can deal with alt's thing .

Let Fortress can be upgradable by them ( Rubies )  only ! --> Bying ''Glory points'' with rubies !

Then make Rubies League Bank - where everyone with any amount of rubies can contribute to his league !

When League collect needed amount - can upgrade Fortress even further.

All others items - stuffs can be buyed by both - Sapphires and Rubies - at same or diferent rate ( you decide )

Need more milestones (at 12 ,15 maybe ) we will gladly try to reach it !

Just  a thoughts

Mar 9, 2016, 02:1303/09/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:47(edited)
11/05/14
Arthas-Knight said:

Implement a new currency - Rubies for example - that can be buyed only.

That's how you can deal with alt's thing .

Let Fortress can be upgradable by them ( Rubies )  only ! --> Bying ''Glory points'' with rubies !

Then make Rubies League Bank - where everyone with any amount of rubies can contribute to his league !

When League collect needed amount - can upgrade Fortress even further.

All others items - stuffs can be buyed by both - Sapphires and Rubies - at same or diferent rate ( you decide )

Need more milestones (at 12 ,15 maybe ) we will gladly try to reach it !

Just  a thoughts

Good idea
Mar 11, 2016, 00:3103/11/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:40(edited)
11/05/14
Lord obreron  if its possible i want to know the requirements to level up the fortress in each level... for examploe if You want to level to 6 from 7 You must down another fortress level 6 .....will be nice if You show us the requirements.... thanks
Oct 22, 2016, 08:1710/22/16
07/05/15

This thread is from the 16th of February.  One very astute player noted, on the 16th of February, that it is not possible to see defensive statistics at the fortress; this has been echoed countless times here and in the suggestions thread.  In both threads, Plarium has acknowledged that this was a flaw, and committed to fixing it.  

Can we please have a an idea of how long it will take for Plarium to honour their commitment?  To my mind, the 8 months that have elapsed indicates a lack of performance management.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Oct 24, 2016, 09:4210/24/16
09/17/15
Keaton said:

This thread is from the 16th of February.  One very astute player noted, on the 16th of February, that it is not possible to see defensive statistics at the fortress; this has been echoed countless times here and in the suggestions thread.  In both threads, Plarium has acknowledged that this was a flaw, and committed to fixing it.  

Can we please have a an idea of how long it will take for Plarium to honour their commitment?  To my mind, the 8 months that have elapsed indicates a lack of performance management.

Hi! Unfortunately, we don't have any time frames, Keaton. But I will remind our devs about this feature.
Jan 19, 2017, 11:4401/19/17
Jan 19, 2017, 11:45(edited)
04/03/15
How long does it take to relocate the fortress. There was a message that it needs a few minutes. But nothing happened after more than one hour.
Jan 20, 2017, 12:0501/20/17
03/01/16

Meduris said:

How long does it take to relocate the fortress. There was a message that it needs a few minutes. But nothing happened after more than one hour.

Please try refreshing the game. If it still doesn't work, please, contact our Support Team and provide them with this information, so they can investigate this case for you >> http://support.plarium.com