All Categories

New Items Now Available!

New Items Now Available!

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jan 14, 2016, 12:1001/14/16
Oct 12, 2020, 12:03(edited)

You can't be f serious plarium. You keep on brining one absurd update after the other and there seems to be no end to it. Instead of resolving insane amount of bugs that are present in the game you guys are bringing these kind of updates. This is insane.

Gadheras said:

I don't think you quite get it..... but its nice to see players get active on the forums -)

I don't have big enough crayons to draw you big enough picture to understand, but hey, I got a feeling my leauge will depart from Stormfall for greener pastures.

Thumbs up and +1 for alienate your players. Good work.

Share the other greener pastures here, so everyone knows what other better options are there for everyone.

Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 14, 2016, 13:3901/14/16
Jan 14, 2016, 15:46(edited)
01/06/15

Fransis Fran said:

You can't be f serious plarium. You keep on brining one absurd update after the other and there seems to be no end to it. Instead of resolving insane amount of bugs that are present in the game you guys are bringing these kind of updates. This is insane.

Gadheras said:

I don't think you quite get it..... but its nice to see players get active on the forums -)

I don't have big enough crayons to draw you big enough picture to understand, but hey, I got a feeling my leauge will depart from Stormfall for greener pastures.

Thumbs up and +1 for alienate your players. Good work.

Share the other greener pastures here, so everyone knows what other better options are there for everyone.

Please don't  advertising third parties on this forum is not advised and could get you banned.

Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 14, 2016, 13:4601/14/16
01/06/15
mrfreezzzz said:

and if you think it'd be unwise to spend 2000saps, then why did you create them in the first place??

I din't say it would be unwise. I said it's only for you to decide. I can imagine a situation where I would use this item, for instance. And a situation where I wouldn't, too.
Jan 14, 2016, 14:4801/14/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:48(edited)
11/05/14

Lord Oberon said:

mrfreezzzz said:

and if you think it'd be unwise to spend 2000saps, then why did you create them in the first place??

I din't say it would be unwise. I said it's only for you to decide. I can imagine a situation where I would use this item, for instance. And a situation where I wouldn't, too.
Lord Oberon said:
Yes, these items can be bought for Sapphires (why not?) But are you willing to use your 2000 Sapphires to protect your castle for one day? Would that be a wise decision? It's only for you to decide.

you obvisouly implied it might be unwise.

but that's secondary. point is, i didn't see a single positive feebdack after the latest additions to the game. that alone should be plenty enough to make you wonder about it...
Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 14, 2016, 14:5701/14/16
01/06/15
i didn't see a single positive feebdack after the latest additions to the game. that alone should be plenty enough to make you wonder about it...

Believe me, my Lord, I've made my conclusions. The forum community has explicitly stated its dissatisfaction with the items that we have released. This point has been taken by the Stormfall team and we will do our utmost to ensure that we do better next time. Thank you all Lords and Ladies for expressing how you feel. It's really important for us to know that you care about the game and its future as much as we do.

Jan 14, 2016, 15:1501/14/16
Aug 17, 2019, 12:05(edited)
Lord Oberon said:

i didn't see a single positive feebdack after the latest additions to the game. that alone should be plenty enough to make you wonder about it...

Believe me, my Lord, I've made my conclusions. The forum community has explicitly stated its dissatisfaction with the items that we have released. This point has been taken by the Stormfall team and we will do our utmost to ensure that we do better next time. 

Similar to how you have done better (in terms of increasingly worse updates) this time around as well. Right?
Jan 14, 2016, 15:2901/14/16

I dont see how these updates has destroyed the game, can someone please share the "bigger picture" with me

and what are the insane amount of bugs? i have yet to come across one, although it is my first week playing.
Jan 14, 2016, 20:0201/14/16
Jan 14, 2016, 20:05(edited)
07/10/15

Lord Oberon

This new item -  Weor's Protection makes you untouchable. If a Credit card player wants to bully another player while been unchallenged, it is possible now.

Weor's Protection blocks the basic fun actions- raid/siege/spying/Fireballed away from us players. This is the worst item plarium has come up with and is too superior above all the other items.

if u go to the  cordinates ( 0 , 0 ) of the game. No one has ever spied upon it, yet raided it or Fireballed it . Thats how powerful this item is - if u know what i mean

Jan 14, 2016, 22:4801/14/16
Aug 18, 2019, 12:04(edited)

i am one of those , who some people call coiner. not the biggest one but big enough to be top 100 money spender. 

still i think, plarium developers using head for holding hat only. it is worst  "improvement" i seen here. that is not the game, what i started to play more than year ago. i seriously consider quitting. i want play wargame, where everyone has chance, not wargame won by money. i could keep my castle protected for ever, but then , where is fun to play??? 
Jan 14, 2016, 23:5601/14/16
06/22/14

@ Kitty KT2: TY!

@Lord Oberon: I'm believer (like Monkee), and ty for your promise about future, but we need action now. Please, remove Weor protection until you find some good protection for FBs.
Jan 15, 2016, 01:0701/15/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:10(edited)
11/05/14

Drogar61 said:

@ Kitty KT2: TY!

@Lord Oberon: I'm believer (like Monkee), and ty for your promise about future, but we need action now. Please, remove Weor protection until you find some good protection for FBs.

I agree with this, Kitty is right

The core mechanics of the game are PvP, and when that gets diluted for literally any reason, be is small or large... It doesn't matter, you will disincentivize war, as the current items have pushed protection and hiding, it doesn't matter how you can get them or who can use them, the fact of the matter is you can protect yourself in-game for a price... This makes finding someone offline redundant, this makes attacking players online... Redundant, this means spies are now to an extent obsolete. 

Coiners find enjoyment off non coiners, non coiners get enjoyment off the social aspects (and some others).

Players and Plarium can argue that they are coiner items or not, it doesn't matter... What matters is it effectively dilutes PvP and planning attacks on players.

Jan 15, 2016, 23:0601/15/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:02(edited)
11/05/14
Why are you going to make the game exclusively for people who can affort it to spent a lot of money to buy great army's, instead of to earn them by spying, raiding doing BG's. Your last updates, are from a kind that, it takes all things the game is actually build for in the beginning, to undermine all afforts to achieve your goals by strategic play, carefull playing considering what to build next. Because you can now buy protection for your castle, against spying, and so on. Players don't have to play tactics anymore....if they have enough to spend they can easily get in days where others work months to achieve  
Jan 18, 2016, 02:2801/18/16
08/31/15

Lord Oberon said:

Seems like everyone didn't actually pay attention to the fact that all these items can be obtained using Soulstones. It's supposed to be like this: you win at Tournaments, get Soulstones and buy items for them if you wish. 

Yes, these items can be bought for Sapphires (why not?) But are you willing to use your 2000 Sapphires to protect your castle for one day? Would that be a wise decision? It's only for you to decide. 

I can see this as a good and a bad thing.  It does allow a player with a big wallet to attack with impunity, for a price.  The cost of being perpetually invulnerable is high, but I'm pretty sure there are players who could easily afford it if so inclined.  Whether or not it becomes a fun killer is hard to predict, it depends on how many players use it and how they choose to use it.

I can see it as nice "vacation insurance" if you have the soul stones (or $) and know you won't be able to log for a few days.  Spending for that might make the game more enjoyable than becoming someone's favorite farm while you're away.  

Questions about how it works:  

1) If you use one when at attack is inbound, does it keep the attack from hitting you?  

2) Is there a maximum?  What I mean is whether someone can perpetually be invulnerable or is there a waiting period between uses or after a certain number of uses (teleport makes you wait before moving again)?

3) Are you able to attack others while under this protection?  If players can, I'd suggest changing it so that players can't.  I have no problem with people wanting protection when they can't play, but being hit repeatedly by people who buy perpetual invulnerability would get old fairly fast.  

Jan 18, 2016, 02:4301/18/16
08/31/15

golemisolon said:

I dont see how these updates has destroyed the game, can someone please share the "bigger picture" with me

and what are the insane amount of bugs? i have yet to come across one, although it is my first week playing.

People don't like these updates because it is a very big advantage for $ players. How much fun do you think it would be to be repeatedly attacked by someone who is perpetually under protection?  I don't think it will really be game breaking.  Some players may abuse it by attacking while being perpetually under protection (heck, it may be cheaper to pay for Weor's protection than to flat out buy def and spies).  I suspect the cost will keep most players from being under protection non stop.  I also suspect the fact that it earns you no points in tournaments will also help curb abuse.  If you were a big $ player with tons of troops and in a PvP tournament, would you use an item that would reduce the points you earn?

Biggest annoying bugs I see are troops spontaneously vanishing and boosts where item is consumed but boost does not work.  Both are fairly uncommon but do happen from time to time.  Hard part is getting any form of compensation when it does happen.  Its hard to prove that it happened since the items/troops in question are gone and unless you screenshot your game every day, you have no way to prove that you owned them in the first place.  

Jan 18, 2016, 02:5901/18/16
03/01/15

Just my 2 cents worth.  This change pushes PvP away from castles and more onto settlements, fiefs, and hamlets.  I can see some utility to it.  It might be nice to have protection when you can't be online to spend down resources and cata your troops.  To me, it looks more like vacation insurance or protection while at work than something one would want to use perpetually.  

For those who can afford it, it may also be a convenient way to thwart repeat attackers that are too strong for you to hit.  

I strongly suggest putting some sort of limit on this item.  As others have already stated, this game is built on PvP.  Items that protect you from the core mechanics of the game are not a good idea.  My suggestion is this:  While under protection, players cannot raid, siege, or take any action that involves troops leaving your castle.  Any troops outside your castle will be unable to return until the protection wears off.  
Jan 18, 2016, 03:0301/18/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:59(edited)
11/05/14
Red said:

Just my 2 cents worth.  This change pushes PvP away from castles and more onto settlements, fiefs, and hamlets.  I can see some utility to it.  It might be nice to have protection when you can't be online to spend down resources and cata your troops.  To me, it looks more like vacation insurance or protection while at work than something one would want to use perpetually.  

For those who can afford it, it may also be a convenient way to thwart repeat attackers that are too strong for you to hit.  

I strongly suggest putting some sort of limit on this item.  As others have already stated, this game is built on PvP.  Items that protect you from the core mechanics of the game are not a good idea.  My suggestion is this:  While under protection, players cannot raid, siege, or take any action that involves troops leaving your castle.  Any troops outside your castle will be unable to return until the protection wears off.  
Protection drops off if you send any OFFENSIVE military (actions?) but non the less I agree, I have only had 1 tiny battle in a castle since the update and it was only by accident. 
Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 18, 2016, 09:5201/18/16
01/06/15
I strongly suggest putting some sort of limit on this item.

My Lord, we have created as many limits as possible on this item. It can stay active for only up to 24 hours, the protection does not stack up, and by conducting any aggressive actions you lose your protection. You cannot activate the protection when your units are underway. I can't imagine a situation where a player would just log into the game to renew the protection daily and not attempt any military actions whatsoever. Players using the protection can still be caught unawares. 

Jan 19, 2016, 23:0401/19/16
Jan 19, 2016, 23:07(edited)
03/01/15

Lord Oberon said:

I strongly suggest putting some sort of limit on this item.

My Lord, we have created as many limits as possible on this item. It can stay active for only up to 24 hours, the protection does not stack up, and by conducting any aggressive actions you lose your protection. You cannot activate the protection when your units are underway. I can't imagine a situation where a player would just log into the game to renew the protection daily and not attempt any military actions whatsoever. Players using the protection can still be caught unawares. 

I haven't used the item and was basing my comments on your description of the item.  Your initial description did not mention those limitations.  I'm glad to hear that it does have some limits.  The item could still be abused to harass others, but at least there is a chance of catching them without protection.

Important question:  If there is already a raid or siege incoming, will putting on protection thwart the attack?  

I'm hoping the answer is no since once can already teleport to escape attack and since being able to just pop protection the second you see something coming would make it very hard to catch those who abuse it unaware.

The one time I can see someone logging daily to put on protection is when on vacation.  If you're spending time with friends/family or enjoying being a tourist, you won't be spending much time in game.  Protection can help prevent becoming someone's favorite farm while you're focused on having fun in real life.

Jan 20, 2016, 00:2501/20/16
06/22/14

When you have catacombs need for such protection of 1 day isn't big thing.

But, if you really want protection for vacation, every normal game offers you vacation days per year. For free!!!

Simple, you have some button for activating such state and you're free to go.

In this game, greed is dominant thing, and I expect that we will soon get new items such as "if you want to breathe while you're playing, become professional player and buy X for 2K per day, or a fantastic similar item of 10K for the whole week".

Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 20, 2016, 13:3301/20/16
01/06/15

Red said:

Important question:  If there is already a raid or siege incoming, will putting on protection thwart the attack?  

I'm hoping the answer is no since once can already teleport to escape attack and since being able to just pop protection the second you see something coming would make it very hard to catch those who abuse it unaware.

The one time I can see someone logging daily to put on protection is when on vacation.  If you're spending time with friends/family or enjoying being a tourist, you won't be spending much time in game.  Protection can help prevent becoming someone's favorite farm while you're focused on having fun in real life.

You can put on your protection when you see an incoming siege or raid. At the same time it will be hard to abuse the protection due to its cost. We expect players to use the protection wisely once in a while, only when absolutely necessary and certainly not daily. For vacations I'd recommend using Catacombs, they won't protect all of your resources of course, but it's nothing that can't be fixed.