New Items Now Available!

42 Replies
Lord Oberon
13 January, 2016, 4:27 PM UTC

New Items Now Available At The Black Market!

Gain An Advantage In Warfare And Spying!

My Lords and Ladies,

The Elders of the Realm have released new Items to make your quest to rule Stormfall easier than ever before!

Behold!

Weor's Protection. This Item protects you from any Offensive Action launched against you. Your enemies shall be unable to Raid, invoke Sorcery Spells, Besiege, or dispatch Spies against you so long as this Item is active. Activating Weor's Protection allows you to take a deep breath and manage your Castle without worrying about being attacked.

Spy Protection. This Item protects you from being Spied upon. Your enemies won't be able to dispatch Spies against you while this Item is active. Use Spy Protection to keep your secrets safely hidden within your Castle walls.

You can get these Items at the Black Market (Go to the "Special" section of the “Misc” tab).

Keep a watchful eye on the news, my Lord. New alchemical advances are constantly being made, so more innovations are sure to be available soon!

Lord Oberon

Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall

Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
UTC +2:00
Invokers
13 January, 2016, 5:12 PM UTC

Lord Oberon said:

My Lords and Ladies,

The Elders of the Realm have released new Items to make your quest to rule Stormfall easier than ever before!

Behold!

Weor's Protection. This Item protects you from any Offensive Action launched against you. Your enemies shall be unable to Raid, invoke Sorcery Spells, Besiege, or dispatch Spies against you so long as this Item is active. Activating Weor's Protection allows you to take a deep breath and manage your Castle without worrying about being attacked.

Spy Protection. This Item protects you from being Spied upon. Your enemies won't be able to dispatch Spies against you while this Item is active. Use Spy Protection to keep your secrets safely hidden within your Castle walls.

You can get these Items at the Black Market (Go to the "Special" section of the “Misc” tab).

Keep a watchful eye on the news, my Lord. New alchemical advances are constantly being made, so more innovations are sure to be available soon!

Lord Oberon

Seriously!!! Spy protection.

And then we hear that "Change the rank at which beacon defense is visible" and some other updates are very high on priority in list of updates but in reality plarium is spending the limited resources on bringing these stupid updates. It is extremely difficult to fathom.

EDIT: And why is it even named weor's protection when it is protection against all offensive actions? In the name of bringing something against "Wrath of Weor" plarium has poured their wrath on players.
Invokers
UTC +1:00
Gadheras
13 January, 2016, 5:24 PM UTC

Invokers said:

Lord Oberon said:

My Lords and Ladies,

Behold!

Lord Oberon

Seriously!!! Spy protection.

And then we hear that "Change the rank at which beacon defense is visible" and some other updates are very high on priority in list of updates but in reality plarium is spending the limited resources on bringing these stupid updates. It is extremely difficult to fathom.

EDIT: And why is it even named weor's protection when it is protection against all offensive actions? In the name of bringing something against "Wrath of Weor" plarium has poured their wrath on players.

Come on now, they changing how the game works to encourage more pvp... lulz...

Oh and, this guy would probably make a nice review of Stormfall too if asked, lol @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCDERfGV8kY

EnnardStark
13 January, 2016, 7:07 PM UTC

seriously?!

we already thought the previous "improvements" were really borderline, being able to cancel a raid did alter the gameplay, but now all these "protection scrolls" are nothing but a ripoff! as if the game wasn't already designed for coiners, you had to add this!

there's tons of things that should be fixed, redone, or patched, and it'd make ALL players happy enough, but all you're doing is releasing more and more "updates" for coiners.

you clearly lost sight of what a war game is about...

UTC +0:00
Drogar61
13 January, 2016, 7:13 PM UTC

I feel very stupid because I thought something was really changing

http://forum.plarium.com/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/topics/protection-form-the-wrath-of-weor-/

For your greed sky is the limit.

Gadheras
13 January, 2016, 7:19 PM UTC

Drogar61 said:

I feel very stupid because I thought something was really changing

http://forum.plarium.com/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/topics/protection-form-the-wrath-of-weor-/

For your greed sky is the limit.

Welcome to the club, because so did I, lol... but after all this such a complex and hardcore game, that doesn't suit casual gamers *cough* So if you don't like it you can ride your donkey out of town and find something else to play, rofl...

kashata777
13 January, 2016, 7:52 PM UTC
These are a totally unfair advantage and should be removed from the game!! Those that have built their castles and armies - and spent their money to do so, are now being unjustly taken advantage of. I am sure you will loose players over this - maybe those with lots of money to spend will stay - I do not see the average gammer doing so. Have the players vote why don't you - and publish the results so all can see them.
UTC +6:00
Sculptor
13 January, 2016, 10:02 PM UTC

Years ago I started with the game Tribal Wars, a game where you can't buy your advantage. The only thing you can buy is a premium account and this only give you more statistics, a larger map vieuw, more info on the map, +1 building que, notebook. All these things make the game play more easy, but if you have pen and paper you can do all the same things. So no advantage for anyone. I had to stop because it took to much of my time. Because I didn't want to completly stop with wargames I came here, because you couldn't buy that much advantage back then.

Yes coiners allways had an advantage here but not that much. But that is changing for the worse. Because the last couple of updates are rediculus!

And I truly want to know why would you go for the fast buck if you can gain so much more if you play it right?

Tribal Wars had milions of players and are still going strong after 13 years and with millions of players. They make way more money then Plarium does, the game is way more equal for everyone. A big win win. So why destroy the game if there is a way that is better for everyone??
Member of Blue Magic
Gadheras
13 January, 2016, 10:49 PM UTC

Sculptor said:

Years ago I started with the game Tribal Wars, a game where you can't buy your advantage. The only thing you can buy is a premium account and this only give you more statistics, a larger map vieuw, more info on the map, +1 building que, notebook. All these things make the game play more easy, but if you have pen and paper you can do all the same things. So no advantage for anyone. I had to stop because it took to much of my time. Because I didn't want to completly stop with wargames I came here, because you couldn't buy that much advantage back then.

Yes coiners allways had an advantage here but not that much. But that is changing for the worse. Because the last couple of updates are rediculus!

And I truly want to know why would you go for the fast buck if you can gain so much more if you play it right?

Tribal Wars had milions of players and are still going strong after 13 years and with millions of players. They make way more money then Plarium does, the game is way more equal for everyone. A big win win. So why destroy the game if there is a way that is better for everyone??

Money, Money, Money

Must be funny In a rich Man's world

Money Money Money always sunny In a rich Man's World

Ohwooooooooooooaaahhhhh

All the things i could do If i had a Littel Money,

It's a Rich Man's World,

It's a Rich Man's world

WorldWar3
13 January, 2016, 11:30 PM UTC

Wow just wow.

This Item protects you from the basic fundamentals of this game . Raid - Siege - Fireball - Spying. Just one items blocks all these actions.

Just too much.

So Credit card players Bully smaller leagues and they cannot have any kind of revenge ? yet even spy them

UTC +5:00
Drogar61
13 January, 2016, 11:41 PM UTC

Strategy game!

Strategy = give money to Plarium!

I hope you are now ashamed. 

Skramble
14 January, 2016, 12:14 AM UTC

As I age, time flies by so I had to check my calendar real quick, for a second I thought April First came very fast. 

Nope, not April. Must be real :(

UTC -7:00
Bill Howard
14 January, 2016, 2:35 AM UTC

These changes are terrible for the game.  You seriously need to hire a consultant to give you advice on how to keep players, if you have one fire them immediately and roll back all changes for the past 6 months and then bring in players that will give you advice on what we would like to see. 

Terrible just terrible travesty of what was a great game. I'm over 480 straight days of logging in, I can see that coming to an end in the near future. 
Drogar61
14 January, 2016, 2:58 AM UTC

I still cant believe what Plarium did.

We asked/pleased for some protection of coiners, stupid or not stupid doesn't matter, suggesting Lord Oberon what is the way to do that keeping Plariums need for real money.

And Plarium just did opposite of that. It gave coiners so strong tool(s) that all our (old proven non-coiner players) efforts in building castles, planning battles and units became simple nothing. Now, every coiner from any level and any quantity/quality of knowledge can devastate us without no penalty (money for coiners isn't penal).

At same time, all problems with FBs are kept, including idiot's trick with new alts which could spent all starting sapps for only one thing (with no real money cost!!!): to test our nerves and destroy our units with FBs. After that alt will be abandoned, new will be created, and so on.

With this change, every big coiner became stronger than Lord Oberon, first of ... (if I would write what I really want this post will be deleted, so guess on your own).

Plarium, what did you?

Bill Howard
14 January, 2016, 3:09 AM UTC

We need to get our leagues to get in here and give their opinion good or bad for the new changes.  I like being married and these new changes if i wanted to compete would just cause me get divorced.  LOL 

I starting dropping F bombs in another threat but decided it was not worth it. 
Lacplesis
14 January, 2016, 6:04 AM UTC
Terrible updates...get rid of them..has destroyed the game
UTC +10:00
Mehnslayer
14 January, 2016, 7:29 AM UTC
Sigh 
E 'n la sua volontade è nostra pace
UTC +10:00
Lord Oberon
14 January, 2016, 9:46 AM UTC

Seems like everyone didn't actually pay attention to the fact that all these items can be obtained using Soulstones. It's supposed to be like this: you win at Tournaments, get Soulstones and buy items for them if you wish. 

Yes, these items can be bought for Sapphires (why not?) But are you willing to use your 2000 Sapphires to protect your castle for one day? Would that be a wise decision? It's only for you to decide. 

Oberon, Heir of Veyon, Scion of the Firstborn, Lord Regent of Stormfall
Gadheras
14 January, 2016, 10:27 AM UTC

I don't think you quite get it..... but its nice to see players get active on the forums -)

I don't have big enough crayons to draw you big enough picture to understand, but hey, I got a feeling my leauge will depart from Stormfall for greener pastures.

Thumbs up and +1 for alienate your players. Good work.

mrfreezzzz
14 January, 2016, 10:58 AM UTC

Lord Oberon said:

Seems like everyone didn't actually pay attention to the fact that all these items can be obtained using Soulstones. It's supposed to be like this: you win at Tournaments, get Soulstones and buy items for them if you wish. 

Yes, these items can be bought for Sapphires (why not?) But are you willing to use your 2000 Sapphires to protect your castle for one day? Would that be a wise decision? It's only for you to decide. 

true, one can buy those items with soulstones, however, i find it interesting that the "24hr" scroll can only be bought with sapphires. a detail, maybe, but rather revealing as to why those scrolls were developed and implemented.

and if you think it'd be unwise to spend 2000saps, then why did you create them in the first place??

but more importantly, it's not so much the fact that these items can only be purchased as the way they're going to severely flaw the game. i believe this is the "big picture" gadheras mentioned in his post.

UTC +1:00
1775900 users registered; 47835 topics; 285643 posts; our newest member:shiva5