All Categories

Prepare Your Castle For Revolutionary New Features!

Prepare Your Castle For Revolutionary New Features!

Search
New Gift Code! Grab your rewards now!
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jan 6, 2016, 10:5601/06/16
07/25/15

Be carefull I think Russian kids is a loaded question for Ukranians.... rl politics and all.... That being said, in EVE there was full splitt in certain communites where Ukranian and Russian players stod strong together.  Kind of like, players can stand strong with Plarium or just.. well.

Today I think I will enbark on a more EVE like pvp focus in this game. I will start hit on anyone and anything I can, preferly newbies. I will give them the nice and emergent gameplay Plarium desire. See how fast I can get them to stop play the game after remove their units. So what if Im 40 levels higher than someone else. This game is not about honor or being fair. There is no rewards for being good, there is no compass of morality.

Oberon is not the king of the castle or lord of own domain, he doesn't even play his castle. Heck, even the bots in this game play the game better, as one of the famous bot lines that being reported over and over, ever since level 30's, now reached level 50...

Jan 6, 2016, 11:5801/06/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:01(edited)
11/05/14

Mr Plarium and I have had a discussion involving the future of the Falling of Storms, and we have decided to completely remove all units from the game, thus making the game Farmville. We openly accept all criticism. Because of this decision we are making the game completely free, and allowing all players unlimited boosts... Thus essentially making it clicker heroes, now that we have officially changed genres 2 times in 1 forums and made the game completely free we no longer accept criticism as our product is free, this will eventually be marketed on green light  

If you accept us onto steam will we - Quoting Mr Plarium himself "we should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children" As you can clearly see Mr Plarium cares about communities as much as sir Billard gates. 

Seriously, can we all just chill out... I will campaign for build times, and have been for ages... But I don't think attacking Oberon and Plarium is the right way to go about it.

Criticism is not the same as attacking

Jan 6, 2016, 12:1401/06/16
07/25/15

Hopefully one day soon stupid will run out and they have to start look at why people stop play their game. Most sound companies work towards retain players from the get go though :/ Not take the approac of "another one rides the bus"....

Even we had got loads of people to start post and protest on this forums, Plarium wouldn't do anything because nothing is broken , everything is perfect, they got people playing the game. Only conclusion to draw from this thread.

When its obvious reason have no effect, you left with snide remarks. I noticed there is room for more reviews of this game on metacritic btw.

Jan 6, 2016, 12:3001/06/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:01(edited)
11/05/14
Gadheras said:

Hopefully one day soon stupid will run out and they have to start look at why people stop play their game. Most sound companies work towards retain players from the get go though :/ Not take the approac of "another one rides the bus"....

Even we had got loads of people to start post and protest on this forums, Plarium wouldn't do anything because nothing is broken , everything is perfect, they got people playing the game. Only conclusion to draw from this thread.

When its obvious reason have no effect, you left with snide remarks. I noticed there is room for more reviews of this game on metacritic btw.

Gadheras, do whatever you feel is required. I am just trying to lighten the mood because this discussion is going in circles and has gotten very aggressive
Jan 6, 2016, 12:4001/06/16
07/25/15

Mehnslayer said:

Gadheras said:

Gadheras, do whatever you feel is required. I am just trying to lighten the mood because this discussion is going in circles and has gotten very aggressive

I know, I just keep mull on the sith mantra atm :p

Jan 6, 2016, 20:0201/06/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:49(edited)
11/05/14

Mehnslayer said:

Gadheras said:

It's going in circles because Plarium refuses to make the game playable (or even acknowledge) for people unless you whip out your card. Every excuse they've given I've explained constructively why it doesn't make sense. You think the mood is "aggressive"? Well duh, when people refuse to fix a game you find enjoyable because they would lose out on profit it kind of makes you frustrated.

The only thing they're looking at is the bottom line and if this thread gets "aggressive" (which it's not) then that's what's left. Just hurt feelings and a verified sketchy business model for a decent game.

Jan 7, 2016, 00:3101/07/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:58(edited)
11/05/14

I know shewuvsyou, and i'm not arguing with the fact that you have put forward constructive criticism and proven your point. I most likely shouldn't have posted at all last night I was high or tired or something, I certainly wasn't myself. 

Again shewuvsyou, I completely agree and im happy for all discussions to be made but threads like this typically get either myself or Lord Oberon attacked. 

I don't mean we have to see the community being all happy and cheery, but you have to admit it can be a pretty dark and miserable place sometimes. 

On a side note, I will do whatever I can because, I personally believe that a lot of the things said on these forums are pretty good.

I am just trying to keep the peace here, and mostly I don't want people to send me anymore hate mail
Jan 7, 2016, 20:3201/07/16
02/05/14

Mehn.....  First, I do believe you're doing your best.  I think the majority of us know that you can only do so much.

However......  With this latest "update".....  For some of us they really screwed the pooch.  Either with the inability to log in or out, lags and in my case the complete inability to do anything because the screen doesn't fully load.  It doesn't matter what OS or other "fixes" they suggest, they have all been tried and failed. 

I posted some of the problems in "Help and Support".  If this is their idea of an "update" with these "Revolutionary new features" then they can keep them. 
Jan 7, 2016, 20:3301/07/16
Jan 7, 2016, 20:36(edited)
06/22/14

If you made threads to hear our voices then please don't underestimate our wishes. Some Oberon's answers were really poor, and not only on this thread. I cant change your mind and I don't try to do that (avoid to use we - simple for discussion), but I expect some valuable explanations or constructive dialog, not sentences like "I don't see on that way so that isn't true", or "we have balanced game", ...

That isn't truth simple because you made so many "improvements" in last 12+ months that every sentence you told before some changes, like previous, lost their sense. And today's answers will loose their sense somewhere in the future.

We're not blind and we feel many bad things that exists from the start of this game or after changes you made.

Instead of talking about that and their real improvements every improvement cost me, money, sapps, time, whatever.

eg. making changes in BG mechanics we lost over 60.000 sapphires on every tournament, and many heroes. I can understand, not approved that. At same time I lost a several months of my understanding of BG game, in second. And again, I can live with that because that was your right. Not nice , but I cant complain too much.

BUT, at same time, or better, nearly before you made that change you secretly changed power of Balur's troops, and never said a word about that.

That is what we revealing in this threads, and I want to continue to do that, even you will treat it as aggressive,until you will start to talk with us in respectable manner. Still I will keep to follow forum rules.

If you want to continue to make us fool and don't want to hear our critics you could simple make threads as read only and you can enjoy in them.

I tried to find non-aggressive words, and I'm sorry if I failed.

Btw, what is title of this thread?
Jan 7, 2016, 21:0601/07/16
07/25/15

Guys, you talking to deaf ears, short of start lob artilery shells at their office building.

Anything we keep ask for usually end up in the black market with a price tag if it happens at all.. Like auto hide units in catas....

But so does things that we dont really ask for. Im surprised the auto combine resource packs didnt come with a token price tag of 10 sapphires to use.....

I so wish we could attack and siege Oberons castle, to show our love and apprication :p

Jan 7, 2016, 21:5501/07/16
Aug 17, 2019, 12:05(edited)

Another thing which is deduce able from following the forum is that the Facebook servers of stormfall (and other plarium games) have lot more users and they introduce changes first on the those servers/games and whether you like it or not they are forced upon this server. So, whatever you say or suggest here will keep on being ignored. Plarium wants to make money from the players they have on this server as long as they can without spending any resources. There is no beta testing or even testing of any sort when updates are introduced and that is the reason they are full of bugs. Before anyone says that I am being hateful, I would say it is not because that is the truth.

Jan 7, 2016, 22:1701/07/16
08/06/14

Does Wrath of Weor do more damage than other legendary units one could buy? Then they should certainly be more expensive than them...

OR,

Scrap it completely!!!
Jan 7, 2016, 22:2301/07/16
07/25/15
Viktor said:

Does Wrath of Weor do more damage than other legendary units one could buy? Then they should certainly be more expensive than them...

OR,

Scrap it completely!!!
With the amount of fireballs being throw around in this game, will never happen.
Jan 8, 2016, 07:4201/08/16
03/01/15

Lord Oberon said:

Is waiting weeks and months emergent and good gameplay?

My Lord, if you think that waiting for months is all that Stormfall is about, you are wrong. As I mentioned, waiting is just part of the gameplay for both coiners and non-paying players. That's a fact.If you aren't fine with this part of the gameplay you are free to not play the game. So far we see no reasons to change the existing building times. If you believe the game lacks "emergent gameplay" what could I possibly say to change your mind? 

To each his own. I find Candy Crush boring, but there is absolutely nothing that King could do about that. Maybe if they added dragons and build queues there I'd like it better. But this isn't going to happen.

I like how he just cherry picks your questions.

I'm just trying to answer actual questions that aren't loaded or rhetorical.

Lord Oberon,

The long build times may not be the only part of gameplay, but it is a major factor in strategy and gameplay.  When you consider participation in PvP tournament, you generally have one of 2 factors at play:  1) risk vs reward or 2) This player made me mad and is now going to get punished.  Risk vs reward generally says the tournament rewards don't pay off.  The amount of troops you lose to get max prizes take months to rebuild unless you $ to get them all back and that would be several hundred dollars every tournament.  

In my opinion, the long build times reduce PvP in the game.  When I look at my battle reports, 9/10 of them are fireballs.  That's great for Plarium since Fireballs are $, but what that tells me is that people are averse to committing troops to attack.  When I look at battle reports, it seems as though many players just keep all in cata and stay spent down.  Not really a setup you want in a game that is supposed to be driven by PvP.  

You mentioned strategy and the troop types do give a really wide range of specializations, strengths, weaknesses...If we weren't forced to do so much of our fighting blind, we could make far better use of that.  We can't spy on incoming attacks.  Logically, when an army is in line of sight, you should be able to see what is coming. All we can see, even when 30 sec away, is travel speed and who it is from.  We can't see attacks coming at our holdings, just at our castle.  We can spy on defenders, but can't see if more is put out after the spy attempt or if the spy attempt prompted them to just hide everything.  Bottom line:  We have all these amazing troop types with strengths and weaknesses that could be exploited if we weren't fighting blind most of the time. 

Jan 8, 2016, 08:2401/08/16
08/31/15

Just a suggestion.  Plarium wants more PvP.  Players are risk averse because of the cost in time, $, or both to rebuild if you take a big loss.  How about giving us a revive with resources option?  This would have a natural limit since players can do only 10 raids per day and troops can be revived for only 3 days.  Even if you $ the resources, there is a limit to how much gold and iron you can buy each day, so not really a game breaking way for $ players to buy back troops super cheap.  This might make players less risk averse since we can recover some of our lost troops nearly instantly without spending a dime.  

It may be hard to predict the overall effect of making a massive change like cutting troop production times all at once, but you could get a general idea by taking a step in that direction and see what happens.  

An alternative would be reduce the sapphire cost to revive and/or significantly increase the sapphire rewards from tournaments.  The current set up is very expensive and ensures that most players will not revive most of their troops.  Make it more affordable and people would have more troops to play with, theoretically, allowing for more PvP.

Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 8, 2016, 09:4601/08/16
01/06/15

A revive with resources option is already in the game. You can rebuild most of your units using your resources only. 

To make it absolutely clear, at this moment we aren't accepting any suggestions that would cause inflation, and this includes:

- reducing build times

- increasing payouts from the Battlegounds

- making sapphires easily available

As I mentioned in another thread, we are responsible for relying on our best judgement when making development decisions that we feel ensure the health and sustainability of the game, and trust that the majority of players will come with us on them. We do not and cannot expect everyone to agree with all of them.

Jan 8, 2016, 10:4901/08/16
07/25/15

Its kinda funny though, because of the long build times, I find myself play less. Which also means Im less inclined to spend more, which I would done if I had a reason to be more active.

I don't want sapphires to be easy available, and I dont care about increasing payouts from battlegrounds. For some players it would been nice to be able to complete a BG more often than I dunno, once a year?

For my castle to produce enough resources to load up like BG's with 3m.. would take 384 days.... Of course with active raiding that number would go down, but with feeding units to BG's I wouldnt really have much units to raid with though. Of about 17k units, I got 15k that hardly see light of day down there in the catas. Well except if I can catch someones off in the open.

If Plarium happy about majority of the players got their units hiding in the basement that is your choice as developers.

You could spawn a new server with faster build times, and run it for a month or two, and collect data. See how it compares in activity to your other ones. You might get surprised. With unit production at near instant with only resources being the limiting factor, you would see players spend more time with the game. There is incentive to sit play until last unit of iron and gold is spent and all your raids used up. Then its incentive to sit just wait for next raid to be available to just go out and get more resources to grow bigger. (the grind way).

Jan 8, 2016, 11:0301/08/16
06/22/14
Lord Oberon said:

A revive with resources option is already in the game. You can rebuild most of your units using your resources only. 

WOW 
Jan 8, 2016, 11:2001/08/16
07/25/15

Drogar61 said:

Lord Oberon said:

WOW 

There is not enough shrimp knights in this game @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPkAi6Di5FA

Jan 8, 2016, 11:2801/08/16
Aug 17, 2019, 12:05(edited)
Drogar61 said:

Lord Oberon said:

WOW 
haha. Lolz at this plarium statement. Way to go plarium!!!