All Categories

Prepare Your Castle For Revolutionary New Features!

Prepare Your Castle For Revolutionary New Features!

Search
New Gift Code! Grab your rewards now!
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 5, 2016, 12:0401/05/16
01/06/15
What game do you want Stormfall to be?

What it is now, but a bit more polished. A hardcore MMO strategy game. 

What type of players do you seriously hope to attract?

The answer to this question is in this thread: http://forum.plarium.com/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/topics/10-signs-you-may-be-a-hardcore-stormfall-player/

Thousands of new players come to Stormfall every day, but only a small percentage of them stay, because the game is most certainly not for everyone. Would be great if everyone was our potential customer, but that is not realistically possible. However the game is able to cater to the needs of people who "only like complex things", like Lord DJMoody said. We hope to attract players that like complex and challenging things (and yes, waiting is part of the game).

Jan 5, 2016, 15:1501/05/16
07/25/15

Waiting is part of the game with lost arts and such, and a lot of other things, but do you think waiting weeks and longer is good and emergent gameplay if you get wiped out, Its a very simple question, is it good gameplay to sit around basicaly do nothing for weeks at end?

I don't really see the complexity of Stormfall. For a new player the BG system need sometime to get used to, but that about it. What this game got going for itself is the interaction between the players and the sandbox just about anything else you find in about any civ like game out there. Waiting only challenge your patience, and if you really want conplexity you should check out Banished.

Jan 5, 2016, 16:1301/05/16
Aug 17, 2019, 12:05(edited)
Lord Oberon said:

Like what, Lord Invokers? We have a list of bugs that need to be fixed. If you know some bugs that we don't know about, we'd gladly investigate and fix them if possible. 

I have already posted on forums two separate bugs related to Hamlets without any action taken on them. They are pretty simple to fix and are not rocket science. I also sent a letter to you about the new raiding mechanism which is totally unfair but still have not gotten any response on it. These are the things I can think from top of my head. If I would start thinking about other fixes needed then it would become a very long list.
Jan 5, 2016, 19:5501/05/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:01(edited)
11/05/14

Lord Oberon said:

The answer to this question is in this thread: http://forum.plarium.com/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/topics/10-signs-you-may-be-a-hardcore-stormfall-player/

Thousands of new players come to Stormfall every day, but only a small percentage of them stay, because the game is most certainly not for everyone. Would be great if everyone was our potential customer, but that is not realistically possible. However the game is able to cater to the needs of people who "only like complex things", like Lord DJMoody said. We hope to attract players that like complex and challenging things (and yes, waiting is part of the game).

I like how he just cherry picks your questions.

"Waiting years for your spies to finish is just a part of the fun!" I think it's time I found a new game, especially if the staff seriously don't see an issue with build times.

Jan 5, 2016, 20:0701/05/16
07/25/15

shewuvsyou said:

Lord Oberon said:

"Waiting years for your spies to finish is just a part of the fun!" I think it's time I found a new game, especially if the staff seriously don't see an issue with build times.

He is either a lawyer or a politician. Politicians does kiss babies to please the voters, so I think he an ambulance chaser in stead :p

Its quite frustrating to try ask a question that never get answered. Or as you said cherry picked what to reply to and ignore the rest. But hey, Im not going away anytime soon, Ill be annoying and keep ask the same questions over and over. Over time other players will notice why they doesnt reply as well and start wonder right?

They can  just as well say "we do not want to change build times because we afraid what it does to rev units for sapphires and purchase of units for sapphires" Isn't that right Oberon?

Jan 5, 2016, 22:1101/05/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:01(edited)
11/05/14

Cmon guys, good guy Oberon is getting old and losing his touch, everyone is mortal.

My suggestion is we all go back to being a lazypeon.
Jan 5, 2016, 22:2301/05/16
07/25/15

Mehnslayer said:

Cmon guys, good guy Oberon is getting old and losing his touch, everyone is mortal.

I just want him to answer the question I made :( Its fine he following the company line but im asking him as the berson behind the persona...

Jan 5, 2016, 22:2501/05/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:08(edited)
11/05/14
Gadheras said:

Mehnslayer said:

I just want him to answer the question I made :( Its fine he following the company line but im asking him as the berson behind the persona...

I dont see a direct question? am I missing something as well?
Jan 5, 2016, 22:3501/05/16
Jan 5, 2016, 22:37(edited)
07/25/15

Mehnslayer said:

Gadheras said:

Mehnslayer said:

I dont see a direct question? am I missing something as well?

Is waiting weeks and months emergent and good gameplay?

Im not refering to the bullshit answer above that waiting is a part of the game. But if he think personaly waiting weeks and even months is good and emergent gameplay.

Because if he think it is, he should change his name to Old Snail Oberon...

Jan 6, 2016, 00:1501/06/16
06/22/14

Lord Oberon said:

However the game is able to cater to the needs of people who "only like complex things"

Come on Lord Oberon, be serious, as you already said that you are.

What is complex thing in this game?

Poor algorithm for PVP battle?

Mystic algorithm for BG battle?

Coordinated way for attacks, supported sieges, damage that you can make to any 'smart' player, possibility that sieged player can make damage to you moving his troops out and in his castle?

Please tell us what of this is complex, or strategy?

Sorry, forgot, is waiting complex, maybe?

Jan 6, 2016, 00:2201/06/16
06/22/14
Invokers said:

Lord Oberon said:

Like what, Lord Invokers? We have a list of bugs that need to be fixed. If you know some bugs that we don't know about, we'd gladly investigate and fix them if possible. 

I have already posted on forums two separate bugs related to Hamlets without any action taken on them. They are pretty simple to fix and are not rocket science. I also sent a letter to you about the new raiding mechanism which is totally unfair but still have not gotten any response on it. These are the things I can think from top of my head. If I would start thinking about other fixes needed then it would become a very long list.
Lord Oberon, change max traveling time to 2 days to remove this bug in raiding mechanic, and let Plarium to loose unpaid sapps as used to be before when we really have 1 thing that we could predict in this game, without using sapps - that is base of every strategy - prediction. Goose in the fog cant predict anything, and you constantly push us into fog.
Jan 6, 2016, 00:4201/06/16
06/22/14

Beside need for faster units building, we really need a serious change in award system.

Currently, best award is avoiding PVP and BG battles, spec. PVP battles. Simple difference in points between winner and looser will not lead to real awards, not if you're not CC player. We need some guaranteed award when we win in battle according to our lost. In reality every winner get more than loose in battle, or he is really stupid it was in the battle.

Lord OberonCharacter
Jan 6, 2016, 09:4601/06/16
01/06/15

My Lord, if you think that waiting for months is all that Stormfall is about, you are wrong. As I mentioned, waiting is just part of the gameplay for both coiners and non-paying players. That's a fact.If you aren't fine with this part of the gameplay you are free to not play the game. So far we see no reasons to change the existing building times. If you believe the game lacks "emergent gameplay" what could I possibly say to change your mind? 

To each his own. I find Candy Crush boring, but there is absolutely nothing that King could do about that. Maybe if they added dragons and build queues there I'd like it better. But this isn't going to happen.

I'm just trying to answer actual questions that aren't loaded or rhetorical.

Jan 6, 2016, 10:1101/06/16
07/25/15

Lord Oberon said:

My Lord, if you think that waiting for months is all that Stormfall is about, you are wrong. As I mentioned, waiting is just part of the gameplay for both coiners and non-paying players. That's a fact.If you aren't fine with this part of the gameplay you are free to not play the game. So far we see no reasons to change the existing building times. If you believe the game lacks "emergent gameplay" what could I possibly say to change your mind? 

To each his own. I find Candy Crush boring, but there is absolutely nothing that King could do about that. Maybe if they added dragons and build queues there I'd like it better. But this isn't going to happen.

Waiting forever is not good gameplay period. And even you find Candy Crush boring, these two games have so much in common. I wonder if the ratio of paying and non paying is similar too. Less than 3% of the users pay and the rest play for free? If that was the case you should think you wanted players to have a good reason to stick around, not shun them away.

Waiting for months can very well be the results if you face a total loss. As you can't do anything of value for a very long time. Is that very hard to understand? Players need a reason to log in to play. If you have nothing left, there is no reason to login. Game over, you lose players that could be willing to spend some over time. Just not want to go broke on rev units.

As a kid sitting in a sandbox making a sand castle (whatever), if some other kid came around and kicked it over, you got mad, but know what? you could rebuild it almost right away and keep have fun. If I totaly trash a new player out of protection today, how much fun would he have tomorrow? Maybe he would go play Candy Crush in stead :p

I think Plarium is very short sighted tbh.

Jan 6, 2016, 10:1201/06/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:57(edited)
11/05/14

Lord Oberon said:

>Loaded questions

Q- How many software engineers does it take to change a light bulb? 

A- None. That's a hardware problem. 

>Rhetorical questions

Q- What if Bill Gates had a dime for every time Windows Vista crashed? 

A- He already does

Jan 6, 2016, 10:2001/06/16
07/25/15

Mehnslayer said:

Lord Oberon said:

>Loaded questions

Q- How many software engineers does it take to change a light bulb? 

A- None. That's a hardware problem. 

>Rhetorical questions

Q- What if Bill Gates had a dime for every time Windows Vista crashed? 

A- He already does

I think Plarium ran out of lightbulbs anyways :(

Jan 6, 2016, 10:2101/06/16
11/05/14

Lord Oberon said:

I know, the truth is scary when all the benefits of doubt have been erased.

Jan 6, 2016, 10:2401/06/16
Dec 29, 2018, 16:43(edited)
11/05/14

つ _ ༽つ PLARIUM TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ _ ༽つ

ᕤºل͟º ༽ᕤ PLARIUM TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ ᕤºل͟º ༽ᕤ 

Jan 6, 2016, 10:3801/06/16
07/25/15

Next new feature to Stormfall.. Need to have at least 3 friends to click for you to enable a new raid...  :p

Jan 6, 2016, 10:4301/06/16
11/05/14

Gadheras said:

Next new feature to Stormfall.. Need to have at least 3 friends to click for you to enable a new raid...  :p

Now now Gadheras, that seems like a monumentally terrible idea. I believe what we should do is provide Plarium with a mature and elegant community in which we direct all topics at Lord Oberon and barrage him with "Mmmm yes, I too agree with this kind sir" 

Why can't we all just take 1 day from hating on each other, just 1 day :( Asking for something with reasons why X is good is different than just straight up attacking them... And sometimes me.

I think Plarium are the cool kids on the block, that said I don't know many cool ukrainians but im sure they exist, I found the russian cool kids.