Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Lord OberonCharacter
Sep 16, 2015, 08:0609/16/15
Oct 26, 2015, 12:32(edited)
01/06/15

FAQ: Gateways of Precision and Gateways of Chance

Lords and Ladies!

We have compiled a practical list of answers to common questions, so that you can relocate your Castle with confidence.

Basic Questions about Gateways of Precision and Gateways of Chance

Question (Q): What Gateways of Precision and Gateways of Chance? How are they different?

Answer (A): Gateways of Precision are special items used to relocate a Castle to the coordinates of your choice on the Map. Gateways of Chance are used to relocate a Castle to RANDOM coordinates on the Map.

Q: What is a Vacant Lot?

A: Vacant Lots are special zones where other Castles can be moved. Vacant Lots cannot be raided, reconned, etc. When a Castle Relocates, its original coordinates turn into a Vacant Lot. If a player is inactive for an extremely long time, their Castle will turn into a Vacant Lot. When that player logs in again, their Castle will be automatically relocated.

Transportation of Troops & Caravans to and from Relocated Castles

(Q): What happens to another Player’s Troops that are moving to my Castle while it is being relocated?

(A): If another player sends Troops to your Castle while it is being relocated, they will be returned to their owner’s Catacombs. Oberon will inform the other Player of any returned Units in a special message.

Q : What happens to another Player’s Troops (Besiege Forces/ Reinforcements) that are in my Castle while it is being Relocated?

A: Reinforcement Troops, and Troops actively invading your Castle, will Relocate to the new coordinates along with your Castle.

Q: What happens to my Troops that are moving to another player’s Castle at the time of my Castle's Relocation?

A: Your troops will continue travelling to their destination. Travel time to their destination will not change. However, the travel time of their return will be calculated based on the new location of your Castle.

Q: What happens to my Troops (Besiege Forces/Reinforcements) that are in another Player’s Castle while my Castle is being relocated?

A: They will stay at the target Castle and remain unaffected.

Q: What happens to Troops (Besiege Forces/ Reinforcements) in my Castle, if their owner’s Castle is turned into a Vacant Lot?

A: Such Troops will stay in your Castle and remain unaffected.

Q: What happens if I send Troops and/or Caravans to a Castle that becomes a Vacant Lot while they are travelling there?

A: Your Troops would return to your Catacombs immediately. Caravans that were NOT sent via the Market will continue travelling to the new location of the target Castle (this may cause travel time to increase). They will deliver their supplies and return to your Castle, empty.

Q: A player creates an offer at the Market, then Relocates his or her Castle. Where do the Caravans go when the offer is accepted?

A: Caravans sent via the Market will always travel to a Castle using the coordinates which are indicated at the moment of the trade offer’s acceptance. If those coordinates are a Vacant Lot by the time the Caravan arrives, the Resources and/or Lost Arts will be delivered to an empty space, and no one will receive them. The Caravans will then return, empty, to their senders.

Q: What happens to another player’s Caravans that are on their way to my Castle while I am Relocating?

A: Provided that the Caravans were not dispatched via the Market, the other player’s Caravans will travel on to your Castle's new coordinates. This may cause travel time to increase. The Caravans will deliver their cargo and return empty to their sender.

Joint Attacks

Q: What happens to my Troops that are participating in a Joint Attack at the time of my Castle's Relocation?

A: Your Troops would continue moving to the target. Troops’ travel time won’t be affected.

Q: What happens to my troops that are returning from a Joint Attack at the time of my Castle's on?

A: Your Troops would continue moving to your Castle. Troops’ travel time won’t be affected.

Wrath of Weor

Q: What happens to Wrath of Weor fired at my Castle while it is being relocated?

A: Wrath of Weor would return to their owner’s Castle.

Q: What happens to Wrath of Weor I fire at other Castle while my Sector is being relocated?

A: The Wrath of Weor would reach the target, and their travel time would not be affected.

Battlegrounds and Saga Quests

Q: What happens to my Troops travelling to or from a Battleground or Saga Quests at the time of my Castle's Relocation?

A: Your Troops’ travel time to and from these destinations will be unaffected. Battleground or Saga Quests objectives will move along with your Castle. When you reach your new coordinates, these locations may appear to be located differently, but the distance between them and your Castle will stay the same.

About Battle Reports

Q: I have a Battlle Report on a Castle that is relocated. What happens to the data on this Report?

A: If a battle takes place before Relocation is completed, the Report will contain the target Castle's old coordinates. If a battle takes place after Relocation is completed, the Report will contain the target Castle's new coordinates.

Contacts

Q: What happens to my Contacts for Castles that Relocate?

A: Your Contacts will automatically update to reflect the Castle’s new locations. This data should update within 10 minutes of a Castle's Relocation. If it does not, try refreshing the page.

Q: What happens to my Contact of a Castle that is automatically turned into a Vacant Lot due to the owner’s inactivity?

A: These coordinates would remain the same. Because the owner of this Castle is inactive, when you click on the coordinates, you will see a Vacant Lot. In the future, these coordinates will be displayed as question marks, i.e., x: ??, y:?? .

Sep 20, 2015, 10:0109/20/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:48(edited)
11/05/14
My Lord, I thank you for the information regarding the relocating  abilities as you've described, however I am new here and not yet sure that I even have a castle  to move  should I so desire.  My ears are open to your suggestions and I would value your judgement and wisdom in stride.
Sep 23, 2015, 13:0809/23/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:40(edited)
11/05/14
Hi there !
Lord OberonCharacter
Sep 24, 2015, 08:5909/24/15
01/06/15
Millerwright said:

My Lord, I thank you for the information regarding the relocating  abilities as you've described, however I am new here and not yet sure that I even have a castle  to move  should I so desire.  My ears are open to your suggestions and I would value your judgement and wisdom in stride.
Of course you do have a castle, my Lord. Everyone does But you don't need to move it if you are comfortable with where you are now.
Oct 2, 2015, 17:3510/02/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:02(edited)
11/05/14
I have not really understood the game , trying to play but its sort of difficult
Oct 6, 2015, 17:5410/06/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:10(edited)
11/05/14
is there going to be discount for this relocations in the daily spin?
Oct 25, 2015, 05:4310/25/15
12/27/14

Efidel4u said:

I have not really understood the game , trying to play but its sort of difficult

Dear Lord, I understand that parts of the game can be difficult to understand. This was also not quite the right place to post, the help section is more apt. :)

If you haven`t already, then join a league, they should be able to help you. You could also check the hint & tips part of the forum and the Stormfall wiki page. Leagues may also give you further pages to check including their own as well as other chat sites that you can use.

I hope you understand and enjoy the game more in future. :)

Nov 2, 2015, 02:2911/02/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:00(edited)
11/05/14

hey

Nov 4, 2015, 05:4311/04/15
08/16/14
nice.....
Nov 5, 2015, 14:3311/05/15
08/31/15

It would be nice to see these as part of event rewards rather than as just a sapphires only item.  

It would also be nice if there was a thread for that quest to post on the forum.  I can see a lot of new players are just posting random "hi" and "hello" in other topics.  It doesn't do any harm, but does nothing for the conversation and sometimes acts to "bump" dead threads back up to the top.
Nov 5, 2015, 21:5611/05/15
Oct 26, 2020, 12:00(edited)
yes very good
Nov 10, 2015, 03:1511/10/15
12/27/14

ThatGuy said:

It would be nice to see these as part of event rewards rather than as just a sapphires only item.  

It would also be nice if there was a thread for that quest to post on the forum.  I can see a lot of new players are just posting random "hi" and "hello" in other topics.  It doesn't do any harm, but does nothing for the conversation and sometimes acts to "bump" dead threads back up to the top.

Dear Lord ThatGuy,

Yes, the posting in the wrong threads can be a problem and Mods are actively on it.

Your suggestion about the Gateway`s and sapphire only or also in game drops/quest availability is noted. :)
Lord OberonCharacter
Nov 10, 2015, 09:2911/10/15
01/06/15

I surely would, my Lord. I'm confident these items will be included in the rewards for for the future events.

Aug 19, 2016, 19:5008/19/16
05/15/16
Why is this only available on server 1 and not 2? Why not offer a transfer of servers for people who wish to move their main castle the only well populated server to play where more than 300 people are active?
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 22, 2016, 08:4808/22/16
09/17/15
zach-rose11 said:

Why is this only available on server 1 and not 2? Why not offer a transfer of servers for people who wish to move their main castle the only well populated server to play where more than 300 people are active?
I will ask our developers when it will be added to Server 2.
Sep 15, 2016, 16:2909/15/16

yes because its hard to do what I need to do to upgrade mi castle

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Sep 19, 2016, 10:3309/19/16
09/17/15
keoshagrant23 said:

yes because its hard to do what I need to do to upgrade mi castle

Good news - we'll soon add them to S2. Probably even this month.
Jan 21, 2017, 12:0001/21/17
11/04/16
Is it true that you can teleport your castle for free once and after that you must purchase gate to teleport castle?
Jan 21, 2017, 23:3301/21/17
03/22/16
deeblack2012 said:

Is it true that you can teleport your castle for free once and after that you must purchase gate to teleport castle?
As far as I have seen, no. You must purchase a gateway to move your castle.