This topic is closed

CLOSED - Find the 12 Mistakes in Leonidas' City (1st prize: 1.500 Dr)

44 Replies
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
28 April, 2017, 12:26 PM UTC

Current Standings:


bjorn.e.myhre - 9 of 12

tonaya - 9 of 12

Xena - 8 of 12 

Helen of Troy - 8 of 12

kjm - 7 of 12

muftika - 7 of 12


KJM has joined the crowd and marks 7 of 12 on the very first try, well done! 

But it ain't over 'til it's over :-)    

EDIT: Bjorn's latest PM now puts him even with tonaya, an epic battle in the making?... ;-)
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
1 May, 2017, 11:37 AM UTC

Latest Update:

(a few new submissions by PM but no changes :-)

bjorn.e.myhre - 9 of 12

tonaya - 9 of 12

Xena - 8 of 12 

Helen of Troy - 8 of 12

kjm - 7 of 12

muftika - 7 of 12



"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
New Generation
4 May, 2017, 5:01 AM UTC
Hahahaha... my eyes are drooling and cant find the last three.... any clue????
UTC +7:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
4 May, 2017, 7:49 AM UTC

bjorn.e.myhre said:


Hahahaha... my eyes are drooling and cant find the last three.... any clue????

I get a kickback from an online Glasses Store ;-)

Tomorrow noon, 48h before the end of the quiz, I'll post a clue or two. Stay tuned everyone! :-)

Cheers
P.


"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
4 May, 2017, 11:40 AM UTC

Latest Update:

(welcome to the fray, Onyko :-)

Onyko - 10 of 12

bjorn.e.myhre - 9 of 12

tonaya - 9 of 12

Xena - 8 of 12 

Helen of Troy - 8 of 12

kjm - 7 of 12

muftika - 7 of 12


Last update: 4/5/17 - 17;11 UTC


"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
Drag-Theseus
Moderator
6 May, 2017, 9:00 AM UTC
Help a bit lol
I'm just Time Lord....
UTC +7:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
6 May, 2017, 9:06 AM UTC

Drag-Theseus said:


Help a bit lol

The trouble is that all mistakes have been found, just not by a single player. If I now gave a clue or two, no matter for which mistake, it would only benefit those players missing that particular item :-(


"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
Tonaya
6 May, 2017, 2:21 PM UTC

Pinguin,when is the end of 12 mistakes quiz?


Tonaya
UTC +0:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
6 May, 2017, 2:27 PM UTC

From original post (26 April, 2017, 10:27 AM UTC):

PPS [EDIT]: Since we now have a sponsor: The first player to submit 12 correct answers will receive 1.500 Dr.. If no one manages all 12, the reward will be divided between all top submissions a week from next Sunday (12:00 noon UTC).

Time to hand in your homework is tomorrow, Sunday 7/5/17 at 12:00 noon UTC.

Cheers
P.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
Tonaya
7 May, 2017, 1:37 AM UTC

pinguin,check my last screenshot

Tonaya
UTC +0:00
Zsolt Antal
7 May, 2017, 8:38 AM UTC

Mate you rechecked the pm's  i sent you some times ago ??? I wrote you yesterday also something there for an bump .. but i think you are  like  it's is 


i'm curios to see how this it's developing,but i think i  find them all  :)))   Waiting to see youre post with all the mistakes :)
UTC +3:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
7 May, 2017, 10:18 AM UTC

Two hours to go :-)

Have checked all PMs, including those who submitted screenshots, but no changes to standings so far.

Two hours to go!

IMPORTANT: Please don't submit lists or screenshots with 30 to 40 items, naming and / or marking every item on the map in the hope of hitting paydirt is not the way to go about this :-) We're looking for 12 mistakes therefore your list should include 12 items (or your map 12 highlights)

Cheers

P:

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
Zsolt Antal
7 May, 2017, 11:59 AM UTC

The Irate Penguin said:


Two hours to go :-)

Have checked all PMs, including those who submitted screenshots, but no changes to standings so far.

Two hours to go!

IMPORTANT: Please don't submit lists or screenshots with 30 to 40 items, naming and / or marking every item on the map in the hope of hitting paydirt is not the way to go about this :-) We're looking for 12 mistakes therefore your list should include 12 items (or your map 12 highlights)

Cheers

P:

 I was thinking   that u are an guy who  it's serious  but seems i was wrong ... Nice to tell in the last hours that u are bothered by my 25 items screenshot..from 2 may till now passed a lot of time  ...and like  u will see in the print  screen below ... i should have at least two  points here ..

http://imgur.com/CqorwnP


Because u aren't serious and u didn't communicate in time  ,i'm also doing the same ..and i want to inform that i quit from  the judge post  on the  new contest wich  will start ..  Best Regards

UTC +3:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
7 May, 2017, 12:11 PM UTC

Zsolt Antal said:


The Irate Penguin said:


Two hours to go :-)

Have checked all PMs, including those who submitted screenshots, but no changes to standings so far.

Two hours to go!

IMPORTANT: Please don't submit lists or screenshots with 30 to 40 items, naming and / or marking every item on the map in the hope of hitting paydirt is not the way to go about this :-) We're looking for 12 mistakes therefore your list should include 12 items (or your map 12 highlights)

Cheers

P:

 I was thinking   that u are an guy who  it's serious  but seems i was wrong ... Nice to tell in the last hours that u are bothered by my 25 items screenshot ...and like  u will se in the print  screen below ... i should have at least two  points here ..

http://imgur.com/CqorwnP


Because u aren't serious and u didn't communicate in time  ,i'm also doing the same ..and i want to inform that i quit from  the judge post  on the  new contest wich  will start ..  Best Regards

My last post was simply a reminder. It seemed obvious, at least to me (and judging by the many submissions, also to most everyone else), that in a multiple choice one doesn't mark each and every answer, it doesn't work that way, as any reasonable person would know. And by the way: your submission wasn't even criticised since you marked identical objects of which you assumed (correctly as I might add) that there were too many of them.

Your resignation is noted, thank you.

Cheers
P.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
7 May, 2017, 12:21 PM UTC

!!! Congratulations !!!

We have a well-deserved winner: Onyko!!

Onyko, please send your city coordinates to Alyona and she will arrange a lavish ceremony and fork over the dough :-) 

Here's the list of mistakes: 

  1. Missing sidepath west of the Armory 
  2. 21 towers are nice to have but it's one too many 
  3. The horse at the foot of the harbour entrance steps has bolted 
  4. One too many resource carts outside the city gates 
  5. An extra stretch of the small aqueduct below the Temple of Demeter 
  6. A fifth boat with resources near the northern docks 
  7. Way too many Ambrosia vessels 
  8. A second Infirmary 
  9. Yoshi is using the wooden path near the Forges for practice runs 
  10. A "no cliff diving" sign at the top of the waterfall 
  11. A surfer below the Lighthouse bridge 
  12. Two tall trees in the south-west forest where there should be only one 

Many thanks for playing! :-)

P.


"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
Zsolt Antal
7 May, 2017, 12:38 PM UTC

The Irate Penguin said:


Zsolt Antal said:


The Irate Penguin said:


Two hours to go :-)

Have checked all PMs, including those who submitted screenshots, but no changes to standings so far.

Two hours to go!

IMPORTANT: Please don't submit lists or screenshots with 30 to 40 items, naming and / or marking every item on the map in the hope of hitting paydirt is not the way to go about this :-) We're looking for 12 mistakes therefore your list should include 12 items (or your map 12 highlights)

Cheers

P:

 I was thinking   that u are an guy who  it's serious  but seems i was wrong ... Nice to tell in the last hours that u are bothered by my 25 items screenshot ...and like  u will se in the print  screen below ... i should have at least two  points here ..

http://imgur.com/CqorwnP


Because u aren't serious and u didn't communicate in time  ,i'm also doing the same ..and i want to inform that i quit from  the judge post  on the  new contest wich  will start ..  Best Regards

My last post was simply a reminder. It seemed obvious, at least to me (and judging by the many submissions, also to most everyone else), that in a multiple choice one doesn't mark each and every answer, it doesn't work that way, as any reasonable person would know. And by the way: your submission wasn't even criticised since you marked identical objects of which you assumed (correctly as I might add) that there were too many of them.

Your resignation is noted, thank you.

Cheers
P.

I don't have  the same opinion   like u ..but that how it's in life  ..i didn't  like how you comunicate anyhow

  Cheers mate  and good luck with youre job of moderator and  contest organizer .. i will not participate  anymore :) 



Congrats to the winnner  

 
UTC +3:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
7 May, 2017, 12:51 PM UTC

Zsolt Antal said:


I don't have  the same opinion   like u ..but that how it's in life  ..i didn't  like how you comunicate anyhow

  Cheers mate  and good luck with youre job of moderator and  contest organizer .. i will not participate  anymore :) 

Your prerogative, obviously. Have a good game.

Cheers
P.

"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
Tonaya
7 May, 2017, 1:22 PM UTC

The Irate Penguin said:


!!! Congratulations !!!

We have a well-deserved winner: Onyko!!

Onyko, please send your city coordinates to Alyona and she will arrange a lavish ceremony and fork over the dough :-) 

Here's the list of mistakes: 


  1. Missing sidepath west of the Armory 
  2. 21 towers are nice to have but it's one too many 
  3. The horse at the foot of the harbour entrance steps has bolted 
  4. One too many resource carts outside the city gates 
  5. An extra stretch of the small aqueduct below the Temple of Demeter 
  6. A fifth boat with resources near the northern docks 
  7. Way too many Ambrosia vessels 
  8. A second Infirmary 
  9. Yoshi is using the wooden path near the Forges for practice runs 
  10. A "no cliff diving" sign at the top of the waterfall 
  11. A surfer below the Lighthouse bridge 
  12. Two tall trees in the south-west forest where there should be only one 

Many thanks for playing! :-)

P.



Pinguin,next time first explain the rules,how to send you screenshots,to write a list of mistakes or to mark them on screenshot,so we know how to do it,and not 2 hours before ends of quiz.

mistake number:

13.there is no tolos in the city

14.it is not Leonidas city at all,he dont have 5lvl towers...


thank you for wasting my time(hours)on this quiz


Tonaya
UTC +0:00
Helen of Troy
7 May, 2017, 3:04 PM UTC

Did Onkyo get all the answers?

Congrats....
UTC +7:00
The Irate Penguin
Moderator
7 May, 2017, 3:33 PM UTC

Helen of Troy said:


Did Onkyo get all the answers?

Congrats....

Not quite, but close enough.

But there will be future opportunities, despite the odd malcontent :-) Well played Helen and VGL in next!

Cheers
P.


"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, dance as if no one were watching." (Satchel Paige) - https://youtu.be/dy4kaB4HmyQ
UTC +2:00
1660975 users registered; 33461 topic; 252492 posts; our newest member:jmekabox