Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Dec 5, 2016, 12:2512/05/16
09/17/15

el_bardera said:

Didn't you receive this message?   I am sure that Plarium is happy with this. Good aprentices.

---------------------------- cut cut cut ---------------------

[15:38] Friend: We have launched new services to give you that edge over the competition! We now offer resources, agreements, 50 friends for your Hall of Xenia, Defense or Attack for Pantheons and MUCH more! Always 5-10 times cheaper than purchasing it in-game, and as always, you pay AFTER you receive what you order.

NEW REFERRAL PROGRAM!

------------------------------ cut cut cut -----------------------

Please report the sender to our Support Team, they will take the necessary measures.

Thank you.
Dec 5, 2016, 17:0812/05/16

el_bardera said:

Real gamers compete in EQUAL conditions. Purchasing advantages with money is just money doping.

Moving to a nicer neighborhood is money doping? Sending your kid to a good school is money doping? Paying for a good lawyer, good doctor, nice car, etc is money doping?

Such salt. Much jealous. wow.

Calling yourself "real" doesn't make you a "real" gamer. You're a gamer. People who coin keep the servers running so you can play for free. You should be thanking coiners and stop being so entitled. It just shows off your level of jealousy that some people have more disposable income than you do and that they choose to spend it here.
Dec 5, 2016, 21:3012/05/16
Dec 6, 2016, 00:09(edited)
04/17/15

Lockdown51 said:

el_bardera said:

Real gamers compete in EQUAL conditions. Purchasing advantages with money is just money doping.

Moving to a nicer neighborhood is money doping? Sending your kid to a good school is money doping? Paying for a good lawyer, good doctor, nice car, etc is money doping?

Such salt. Much jealous. wow.

Calling yourself "real" doesn't make you a "real" gamer. You're a gamer. People who coin keep the servers running so you can play for free. You should be thanking coiners and stop being so entitled. It just shows off your level of jealousy that some people have more disposable income than you do and that they choose to spend it here.

So, it is just a richness competition, good strategy means nothing, nor fair play. The more money you spent, the more victories you get.

I don't have to thank coiners for nothing. I don't play for free, I spend some money now and then, but we are talking about extreme coiners. Last weekend we received an attack to our capital by a single player. We calculated it to have cost him more than 3000 euros in units absolutely imposible to gather by a single player in several years. All our coalition defense, more than 100M,  was defeated, and we all are now wondering why should we continue playing this game.

How would you call a game that allows a single player to purchase enough units to defeat a full coalition. A fair game? 

Yes, purchasing victories is money doping. 

And please, don't make me laugh calling me jealous for this. You don't know how rich or poor I am. Maybe I am even richer than you. Who knows?.  I just think that this pay-to-win system  is unfair. In my opinion, paying thousand of euros to purchase advantages in a videogame is an stupid behavior, and I am sad to see that Plarium encourages it. 

Dec 6, 2016, 12:4212/06/16
09/17/15

el_bardera said:

Yes, purchasing victories is money doping. 

You can't purchase a victory in a game. Especially in the game where a social aspect is so important. We want our players to unite in Coalitions and build Alliances to become stronger. We understand that it is hard to compete against stronger players -- it has always been, in any game -- and that is why we pay so much attention to various Coalition activities and give players an opportunity to unite against a stronger enemy. If you have any suggestions as to how this part of the game can be improved, we will be happy to hear from you.

Dec 8, 2016, 02:1912/08/16

You can only build around 30-50 mil combined power per year, higher number is with everything fully upgraded and decent coa, and general bonuses, not activated buffs

if I remember correctly 10mil power gives around 250k pvp points

so u get around 2.5mil pvp points per year

there are players who getting these numbers weekly, how are you supposed to catch them?:)

anyway only way you can be top player in rankings is raiding(not likely for new player, I think you never catch up) or in sieges

Don't play this game as game where you can be better than others with skill, yeah skill counts for something, but nearly meaningless vs coined armies. I take this game for what it is, only play it because of friends I made, my army goes straight to acrop or def to pans. I can never be "better" than other players even if I have 2-3times more game knowledge and I'm ok with that.

IF you want competitive game don't play F2P(free to play, what a joke right?) games, buy game for 20-50 bucks like starcraft or call of duty or CS:go or whatever and compete with others skill vs skill.

happy hunting

Dec 9, 2016, 05:3512/09/16
08/13/16

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

You can't purchase a victory in a game. Especially in the game where a social aspect is so important. We want our players to unite in Coalitions and build Alliances to become stronger. We understand that it is hard to compete against stronger players -- it has always been, in any game -- and that is why we pay so much attention to various Coalition activities and give players an opportunity to unite against a stronger enemy. If you have any suggestions as to how this part of the game can be improved, we will be happy to hear from you.

Alyona, I generally agree, but ...

I have no problem with people spending money to gain an advantage in the game.

However, you cannot have a very strong player power roll over a capital's defense of a smaller coalition. In PvP, you can hide in Acropolis and pick your fights. With Pantheons, it is your choice to hold them - they are a luxury. Capitals, however, are part of every coalition, and it does not make sense for smaller coalitions to not be able to defend their investment.

There are many players around with 100 million to 1 billion in offense, who simply do not care about money. You have to have some protection in place for smaller coalitions to not get a big chunk of their coalition defense wiped. What do you want them to do, risk their troops in a big way / point-less battle from their perspective, or rather ignore the capital?

This should be fixed, no doubt in my mind about it.

Simplest is just to disallow attacks based on a maximum level difference of capitals between attacking and defending players, and/or tweak coalition achievements to remove such incentives.

Dec 9, 2016, 10:3012/09/16
09/17/15

tsunwu85rsa said:

Alyona, I generally agree, but ...

I have no problem with people spending money to gain an advantage in the game.

However, you cannot have a very strong player power roll over a capital's defense of a smaller coalition. In PvP, you can hide in Acropolis and pick your fights. With Pantheons, it is your choice to hold them - they are a luxury. Capitals, however, are part of every coalition, and it does not make sense for smaller coalitions to not be able to defend their investment.

There are many players around with 100 million to 1 billion in offense, who simply do not care about money. You have to have some protection in place for smaller coalitions to not get a big chunk of their coalition defense wiped. What do you want them to do, risk their troops in a big way / point-less battle from their perspective, or rather ignore the capital?

This should be fixed, no doubt in my mind about it.

Simplest is just to disallow attacks based on a maximum level difference of capitals between attacking and defending players, and/or tweak coalition achievements to remove such incentives.

Hi, tsunwu86rsa!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I agree, smaller Coalitions also must have a chance to get benefits from different game features. It was one of the reasons why we introduced the Capitals - small Coalitions could not hold Pantheons, but were asking for the same advantages as the bigger players. Coalition Capital was a feature that gave them something that could not be taken away from them, so they could develop it and engage their members. 

We also introduced a safe level for players who cannot protect their Capital from attacks, but still want to receive bonuses.

However, we are not planning to limit player interactions. We gave all Coalitions a chance, but we can't protect them from others. All players are in equal conditions, and they all need to play wisely :)

Dec 10, 2016, 01:3912/10/16
02/10/16
Xena said:

I didn't say not use your army at all. But no matter how strong you are you always need to be cautious. And play smart as I mentioned before. You don't have to use your whole army to attack someone for example cause if there is a trap there it's reasonable to lose your whole army. That's why it is imporant to follow some crucial steps. For example never attack somewhere if you don't have a report of what's in there first. And even if you decide to go blind use inferior units (such as light and heavy infantry). That way you will protect your superior ones. 
I wasn't talking about fair gaming, I was talking literally of pay large coiners as in having no real life to live.
Dec 14, 2016, 11:0812/14/16
08/21/14

Xena said:

There are many players who don't coin yet they have strong army. You need to play smart in order to do that and be cautious of course. You need to build troops 24/7 if you want to have a strong army. But in order to be able to build 24/7 you need to raid every day, to get resources and build troops  continuously. You need to be patient so you can level up the buildings and the agreements while you build troops at the same time. That requires resources. Without raiding you can't have resources to do all those things. Once you level up the agreements and the buildings you will be building troops 24/7 and believe me you can build quite some offense or defense in a month let's say.

Xena,what lvl is your city,please,answer so we can know who are we talking with?

your posts are like you are from some other planet 

Tonaya 
Dec 15, 2016, 12:3012/15/16
09/17/15
Tonaya said:

if 10 players here,telling same thing,and only you,mortee,and xena(all moderators)telling different,who is right then?10 players who play game every day 2 years,or you,moderators,who selling us stuff on price and conditions you make?its monopoly and its good only for you,from plarium's side 
Tonaya 

maybe you have some suggestions, Tonaya? :)
Dec 16, 2016, 10:2812/16/16
09/08/15

Well there are 2 major issues with this game (+ a lot of minor ones) compared to other browser games :

1. You can buy you troops directly at the market in huge number. Few games allow you to buy some troops but in very small and limited number. In sparta you can just buy your entire army without ever producing any soldier. Also, some elite troops like Cataphractos can only be purchased in the market. In the end it makes a very large gap between regular players and heavy coiners.

2. Players were dumb enough to ask plarium to remove the grain thing i.e > a while ago your troops left if you didn't have enough grain to pay their upkeep which made sense. Back then, it forced the players to raid neighbours to get grain (then you wouldn't complain about getting too much grain from raids). I don't remember if troops on pantheons were exempted from this rule but anyway it would be nice to have this mecanism back which is never gonna happen.

Also, all games have some stuff you can buy to speed up your game but they keep it limited so the gap between players is made either by skill, knowledge or time spent on the game. Here, it's all about money. 

You could spend 20h/day and know everything about Sparta > you would never catch up with a guy who just comes here 30 minutes a day to buy expensive packages every day, load his warehouses upgraded with sketches, produce all the troops he can + buy some champs, speed that prod with 1 day boosts, then goes to persians and hit lvl 100+ with all he's got > then revives and start again the day after ; 

Dec 16, 2016, 14:1412/16/16
11/17/16

Tonaya said:

if 10 players here,telling same thing,and only you,mortee,and xena(all moderators)telling different,who is right then?10 players who play game every day 2 years,or you,moderators,who selling us stuff on price and conditions you make?its monopoly and its good only for you,from plarium's side 
Tonaya 
Tonaya I am a daily and active player for almost 3 years now. I've been playing since the first week of the game. But I don't see your point with that. There are many players who have been playing the game since the beginning yet I haven't seen them complaining. You have an opinion, we have our own doesn't mean yours is right and ours is wrong or vice versa. It's good expressing your opinion but when you complain all the time that's a whole different thing. 
Dec 16, 2016, 15:2612/16/16
11/17/16

http://prntscr.com/dk79ox
She is referring to both me and morteee. She says we both have different opinions than her so i used WE for that same reason. Check better next time! 

Dec 16, 2016, 20:5212/16/16
11/05/15

what you have to remember is that the members here are a really small snapshot of opinion, I am a member of one of the top coalitions on Facebook servers 1 and 3 and also on the council of 2 of the largest alliances on both servers 1 and 3, I hear a LOT of feedback from those players, I DO pass this back to Plarium, mostly in private, and there have been LOTS of opinions taken on board and acted upon.

There are some things I dont like, some changes I havent thought much of but I feed those back again in private

just because we DONT rant on here doesnt mean we dont share some of the same opinions as people here, we mods use the correct channels to comment on them 

we dont just act as moderators here we also act ambassadors passing on opinions and suggestions

Mods are first and foremost players of the game, most, if not all, are NOT huge coiners and we love the game as much as those here! We just go about passing on our feelings on in a different way :) 

Dec 18, 2016, 01:3212/18/16
02/13/16

Nice response Morteee. I always thought people gave moderators undue grief on here.

Anyway, I have been on the deadly end of this issue of people with insanely large armies wiping out an entire coals cap defenses. We were not defending our cap lightly either... 

One of my first questions after one of the attacks was; what benefit does the capital offer in terms of augmenting the strength of the defenses we placed there in the first place? Something similar to a city defense bonus you get from walls and decor or the boost you get with pans.

The answer was nothing... This makes me feel like the capitals are just death traps and not worth even trying to defend. Most of the coalitions on server 2 just sit at level 5 and cannot move forward.

Should we limit what people can do with their armies, (Bought or otherwise)? No. Even tho it kinda sucks these guys did pay out for this and yes income does keep the game going.

A solution or at least a way to assist us in my mind is to give the capitals a massive city defense bonus. Maybe even allow us to upgrade it beyond that. Such as building towers ect.. Maybe even tie the units we place there back to our healers with our earned % of free revival? 

Capitals are not pans. They are an intimate part of what a coalition is now. For someone to attack it I believe the attack should not be undertaken lightly. The rewards to be gained by downgrading or capturing a flag during a tournament should not be without greater cost. As it is now a massive attacking force can eliminate quite a bit of defense with very little loss. Make these attacks hurt quite a bit more and perhaps these players will think twice about what they are doing.  
Dec 18, 2016, 17:0512/18/16
08/08/15
Xena said:

There are many players who don't coin yet they have strong army. You need to play smart in order to do that and be cautious of course. You need to build troops 24/7 if you want to have a strong army. But in order to be able to build 24/7 you need to raid every day, to get resources and build troops  continuously. You need to be patient so you can level up the buildings and the agreements while you build troops at the same time. That requires resources. Without raiding you can't have resources to do all those things. Once you level up the agreements and the buildings you will be building troops 24/7 and believe me you can build quite some offense or defense in a month let's say.

Dec 18, 2016, 17:0612/18/16
08/08/15
simply not true you will never get to 750 mill off like that.do you know how big the coiners ofenses are???
Dec 18, 2016, 20:1612/18/16
11/05/15

Paroxysm said:

Nice response Morteee. I always thought people gave moderators undue grief on here.

Anyway, I have been on the deadly end of this issue of people with insanely large armies wiping out an entire coals cap defenses. We were not defending our cap lightly either... 

One of my first questions after one of the attacks was; what benefit does the capital offer in terms of augmenting the strength of the defenses we placed there in the first place? Something similar to a city defense bonus you get from walls and decor or the boost you get with pans.

The answer was nothing... This makes me feel like the capitals are just death traps and not worth even trying to defend. Most of the coalitions on server 2 just sit at level 5 and cannot move forward.

Should we limit what people can do with their armies, (Bought or otherwise)? No. Even tho it kinda sucks these guys did pay out for this and yes income does keep the game going.

A solution or at least a way to assist us in my mind is to give the capitals a massive city defense bonus. Maybe even allow us to upgrade it beyond that. Such as building towers ect.. Maybe even tie the units we place there back to our healers with our earned % of free revival? 

Capitals are not pans. They are an intimate part of what a coalition is now. For someone to attack it I believe the attack should not be undertaken lightly. The rewards to be gained by downgrading or capturing a flag during a tournament should not be without greater cost. As it is now a massive attacking force can eliminate quite a bit of defense with very little loss. Make these attacks hurt quite a bit more and perhaps these players will think twice about what they are doing.  

as a member of a team with a level 13 CAP I can confirm that taking ANY heavily defended Cap is almost impossible!

We have been trying to take down a level 12 cap recently and it's cost us hundreds of Millions in offence units! We WILL take in eventually but its costing us dear, making it any harder will totally stagnate the capital city element of the game imo 
Dec 18, 2016, 22:0212/18/16
02/13/16
This is server 2 I am talking about. Server 1 is a totally different league. 
Dec 29, 2016, 16:5412/29/16
11/05/15
yes the characteristics and gameplay styles are very different on the different servers I will agree with that!